The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Closed Thread

Old 08-22-2012, 11:12 AM   #326
MarvelKnight
Side-Kick

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post
I had hoped there would be less comedy in the sequel.
Me too. While she had some funny stuff in the first movie, I'm sure you can get a few lines of comedy from from Thor. I'd like less comedy, too.

I don't really have an opinion about Dennings coming back. I really could care less about her entire character.

I am really hoping she doesn't travel with Portman to the nine realms.

Old 08-22-2012, 12:06 PM   #327
Rock Sexton
Banned User

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by M-2 View Post
unless she is HELA!!

Lol just JOKING!!
God I love a brunette with curves. Big eyes, big lips ..... That picture is fap-worthy. Wont' find me complaining about more Kat.

Old 08-22-2012, 12:23 PM   #328
04nbod
I need to debrief you

Quote:
Originally Posted by R_Hythlodeus View Post
Seriously, what is the problem with Kat Dennings? Her performance in Thor wasn't bad and she did the best she could with the lines they wrote for her.
Darcy was a comic relief character. Was it necessary to have one? Some say no. Others say it helped to ground the scenes on Earth somewhat and I agree.
SHH don't like comic relief, yet they still want The Warriors Three. Odd.

Old 08-22-2012, 12:34 PM   #329
chamber-music
Hail Hydra

Things might be awkward on set considering Hiddleston and Dennings used to date

Old 08-22-2012, 12:38 PM   #330
MarvelKnight
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
Things might be awkward on set considering Hiddleston and Dennings used to date
Lol. Well, hopefully she sticks on Earth, and if that's the case, they may not even see eachother on the set at the same time when they shoot.

My biggest fear is seeing her inexplicably joining Hemsworth and Portman on their other-realmly adventure. I wouldn't mind her with an extended cameo-like role for some comedic stuff on earth before Portman gets whisked away to the other realms, though.

Old 08-22-2012, 01:30 PM   #331
Donut
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvelKnight View Post
Lol. Well, hopefully she sticks on Earth, and if that's the case, they may not even see eachother on the set at the same time when they shoot.

My biggest fear is seeing her inexplicably joining Hemsworth and Portman on their other-realmly adventure. I wouldn't mind her with an extended cameo-like role for some comedic stuff on earth before Portman gets whisked away to the other realms, though.
If Loki wanted to annoy Thor & the audience. He can turn every single character in the movie into Darcy

Old 08-22-2012, 01:33 PM   #332
jonathancrane
I love Marvel, DC & EC!

Why does Jane need to be whisked away? Compared to Selvig, she has hardly done anything of significance. I am not saying Darcy has to tag along, but the hate and justification for it, is absent of sense.

Old 08-22-2012, 01:55 PM   #333
Incredible Hans
Side-Kick

Kat will be back? Great. I liked her in Thor 1.

Old 08-22-2012, 02:02 PM   #334
Figs
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04nbod View Post
SHH don't like comic relief, yet they still want The Warriors Three. Odd.
In my defense(since I was one of the ones complaining), in one of my ealier posts I mentioned that I do in fact like comedy in my comic films, I just didn't like hers. They could have written her character better. I'm not hating on the actress, just the character.

Old 08-22-2012, 03:20 PM   #335
HighFivingMF
Welp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figs View Post
In my defense(since I was one of the ones complaining), in one of my ealier posts I mentioned that I do in fact like comedy in my comic films, I just didn't like hers. They could have written her character better. I'm not hating on the actress, just the character.
Yeah. Except for the not disliking Kat Dennings. I don't like her at all. But a lot of people seem to be taking "Ugh. That character again?" as "This movie is going to have jokes so it will be stupid!"

Old 08-22-2012, 03:24 PM   #336
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider

Kat Dennings can only make things better.

Old 08-22-2012, 03:31 PM   #337
TheCorpulent1
Rory PAOUNCH!
SHH! Global Moderator

I neither liked nor disliked Dennings' character in the first movie. She had a few funny lines but contributed literally nothing else to the film. I suspect we'll see more of the same when she appears in the second.

As for how people can want comedy and the Warriors Three but not Dennings' character, that's pretty obvious: The Warriors Three and Darcy represent very different styles of humor. Some people think the Warriors Three's style of humor fits in a lot better with Thor's world overall. I agree with that, but I also don't think Dennings somehow harmed the movie by being there. She fit with the small town Earth part of the first movie just fine.

Old 08-22-2012, 03:54 PM   #338
JB-the-Hunter
Hunter of weaklings

"Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje has joined the cast of Marvel's "Thor: The Dark World" as one of the lead villains, playing the dual roles of Kurse and Algrim."

http://www.variety.com/article/VR111...|News|FilmNews

Bruce Banner - "Captain America is on threat watch?"

Natasha Romanoff - "We all are."
Old 08-22-2012, 03:56 PM   #339
Chewy
REDACTED

Oh hell yes

Old 08-22-2012, 03:58 PM   #340
HighFivingMF
Welp.

That I like.

Old 08-22-2012, 04:01 PM   #341
SuperSAINT
Side-Kick

Mr Eko in the Marvel universe?

Cool

Old 08-22-2012, 04:12 PM   #342
JB-the-Hunter
Hunter of weaklings

Well now we have a villain who's that physical match/challenge for Thor now.

Old 08-22-2012, 04:14 PM   #343
Chewy
REDACTED

And the film's storyline is becoming a bit clearer. Sort of an adaptation of Walt Simonson's original Kurse/Malekith story, can't wait

Old 08-22-2012, 04:18 PM   #344
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider

Multiple villains confirmed. Nice.

Old 08-22-2012, 04:24 PM   #345
Suzanne78
I AM GROOT!

Okay, I'll join the corner of people who liked Kat Dennings' Darcy in the first movie. Huge fan of her.

This news about Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje playing Kurse is SO kick ass! I'm going to have to reup my Marvel digital subscription and read the Malekith/Kurse storyline.

Old 08-22-2012, 04:27 PM   #346
marcvader
Lurker #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB-the-Hunter View Post
"Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje has joined the cast of Marvel's "Thor: The Dark World" as one of the lead villains, playing the dual roles of Kurse and Algrim."

http://www.variety.com/article/VR111...|News|FilmNews
Me rikey.

__________________#1 CBM of 2014____________________
Twitter- @mrpink13
HAIL HYDRA!
Old 08-22-2012, 04:30 PM   #347
marcvader
Lurker #1

BigThor will like this latest bit of news.

__________________#1 CBM of 2014____________________
Twitter- @mrpink13
HAIL HYDRA!
Old 08-22-2012, 04:37 PM   #348
JB-the-Hunter
Hunter of weaklings

Except he wanted Skurge rather than Kurse, I'm sure he'll at least be satisfied with it though...

Old 08-22-2012, 04:43 PM   #349
Project862006
Banned User

so has marvel been watching gi joe or something 2 gi joe actors are villians

channing tatum as balder is next!!

Old 08-22-2012, 04:49 PM   #350
LauraT
Side-Kick

Very nice Kurse casting there.

I don't mind Darcy, she served her purpose, but it will be a bit strange if she accompanies Jane to Asguard. It hints at a beefed up role but I can't think she'd fit as a full time tag-a-long. And Dennings has a lead role in a sitcom to shoot, so having a large role in this movie seems impractical. Or are we going to see "Darcy and the Warriors Three hijinks" scenes?

Closed Thread