The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Closed Thread

Old 08-22-2012, 04:51 PM   #351
PokeJ
Side-Kick

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 3

I guess we're not going to see Amora in this franchise? Dang, She would be an interesting villain.

Old 08-22-2012, 04:54 PM   #352
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokeJ View Post
I guess we're not going to see Amora in this franchise? Dang, She would be an interesting villain.
I wouldn't say that just yet; there's always room for her and even skurge to appear in the third Thor film.

Old 08-22-2012, 05:10 PM   #353
jonathancrane
I love Marvel, DC & EC!

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
I wouldn't say that just yet; there's always room for her and even skurge to appear in the third Thor film.
True.

Besides, I would hate to have two powerhouse villains-Malekith and Amora-in the same film, as it could easily become unwieldy. Besides, I do not want Eccleston to have his screentime reduced.

Old 08-22-2012, 05:22 PM   #354
JB-the-Hunter
Hunter of weaklings

I'm pretty certain Thor 3 will have Amora, Skurge and Surtur.

Bruce Banner - "Captain America is on threat watch?"

Natasha Romanoff - "We all are."
Old 08-22-2012, 05:29 PM   #355
The_Mighty_Thor
Stay thy hand troll!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB-the-Hunter View Post
Well now we have a villain who's that physical match/challenge for Thor now.
Yeah well we had that in the first movie in the form of the Destroyer but Thor destroyed him in 2.6 seconds. We'll have to wait and see what they do with Kurse in this film.

Where is all this Kat hate coming from? I don't remember a lot of negative comments about her when the first film came out. I only remember all the people talking about how hot she was which I never saw. To be honest she was barely noticable except for that tazer scene which was funny, but not so much because of her. If the writers want a fish out of water making funny comments here and there they're gonna have when. It's better her than Jane Foster. That's not Janes roll

Old 08-22-2012, 05:30 PM   #356
Quasimod0
Bell-Ringer

Quote:
"Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje has joined the cast of Marvel's "Thor: The Dark World" as one of the lead villains, playing the dual roles of Kurse and Algrim."

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118058172.html?cmpid=RSS|News|FilmNews
Awesome news! I love villains. I wonder if he'll have a big suit of armor and a mask.

Saving Mr. Banks- 9/10, Jack Ryan- 7/10, The Lego Movie- 9/10, Non-Stop- 8/10, Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 10/10, The Amazing Spider-Man 2-8/10, Godzilla- 7/10, Days of Future Past- 8/10, Edge of Tomorrow- 8.5/10, Transformers 4- 7.5/10, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes- 10/10, Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10
Old 08-22-2012, 05:43 PM   #357
marcvader
Lurker #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Mighty_Thor View Post
Yeah well we had that in the first movie in the form of the Destroyer but Thor destroyed him in 2.6 seconds. We'll have to wait and see what they do with Kurse in this film.

Where is all this Kat hate coming from? I don't remember a lot of negative comments about her when the first film came out. I only remember all the people talking about how hot she was which I never saw. To be honest she was barely noticable except for that tazer scene which was funny, but not so much because of her. If the writers want a fish out of water making funny comments here and there they're gonna have when. It's better her than Jane Foster. That's not Janes roll
Dude, where were you? There was a ton of fanboy whining about her character and humor. I had no problem with her. She hot.

__________________#1 CBM of 2014____________________
Twitter- @mrpink13
HAIL HYDRA!
Old 08-22-2012, 06:02 PM   #358
Still A ThorFan
Side-Kick

If the humor in this film is down graded to 1.8% of the script and the seriousness is upgraded to 98.2% we can have something really, really special, I'm talking Russel Crowes Gladiator special, Game of Thrones special...

Thor: As strong as thee monster? NAY! I BE STRONGER!
Old 08-22-2012, 06:16 PM   #359
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
I doubt Darcy will have more than a blink-and-you-miss-it cameo. The bulk of this movie takes place on other planes of existence, or at least other distant planets (they still haven't sorted out the fantasy from the sci-fi yet in Thor), not on Earth, and there's not a chance in Hela that Kat Dennings will accompany Thor and Jane on their magical mystery tour.
"Expanded role" doesn't sound like a "blink-and-you'll-miss-it cameo." That would be a much, much reduced role.

I hate to break it to you, but I think you're going to see her in the nine realms, maybe as a handmaiden to Jane if she's going all Asgardian princess on us.

Old 08-22-2012, 06:27 PM   #360
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

Mr. Eko! Look out Thor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcvader View Post
Dude, where were you? There was a ton of fanboy whining about her character and humor. I had no problem with her. She hot.

resounding through the mountains
and off into the empty sky.
- Ryōkan

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 08-22-2012, 06:35 PM   #361
marcvader
Lurker #1

Hopefully Kat gets captured and gets put in a sex slave outfit ala Princess Leia.

__________________#1 CBM of 2014____________________
Twitter- @mrpink13
HAIL HYDRA!
Old 08-22-2012, 06:48 PM   #362
The_Mighty_Thor
Stay thy hand troll!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still A ThorFan View Post
If the humor in this film is down graded to 1.8% of the script and the seriousness is upgraded to 98.2% we can have something really, really special, I'm talking Russel Crowes Gladiator special, Game of Thrones special...
Thor was already far better than either of those and I'm sure the second film will be too!

Old 08-22-2012, 06:58 PM   #363
JB-the-Hunter
Hunter of weaklings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still A ThorFan View Post
Nothing wrong with humor. I'm pretty sure LOTR had like at least 25% humor, Avengers pretty much has 50% humor, Star Trek had about 35% humor. Epic movies can have humor as long as it's well executed and balanced.

Bruce Banner - "Captain America is on threat watch?"

Natasha Romanoff - "We all are."
Old 08-22-2012, 07:19 PM   #364
Joeyjojo72
Side-Kick

Can someone explain the whole "dual roles" thing? Im pretty ignorant when it comes to thors rogues gallery. Thanks.

Old 08-22-2012, 07:22 PM   #365
Chewy
REDACTED

He's playing an elf named Algrim who gets more powerful and calls himself Kurse.

Old 08-22-2012, 07:24 PM   #366
Rock Sexton
Banned User

Triple-A is another great casting. The guy is physically imposing (great match for Hemsworth on screen) and I'm loving that they are indeed including Algrim/Kurse.

Old 08-22-2012, 09:04 PM   #367
steintym
Stay Frosty

Great news, glad to see Thor getting that physical threat to battle. Although, as BigThor pointed out, that should have been the Destroyer in the first film, so we'll see where they go with this.

Old 08-22-2012, 09:06 PM   #368
steintym
Stay Frosty

Quote:
Agreed, that is the one thing I remember from when the first film came out. Everybody loved the movie, but complained about her character. I couldn't believe what all the *****ing was about once I saw the movie.

Old 08-22-2012, 09:31 PM   #369
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson King View Post
"Expanded role" doesn't sound like a "blink-and-you'll-miss-it cameo." That would be a much, much reduced role.

I hate to break it to you, but I think you're going to see her in the nine realms, maybe as a handmaiden to Jane if she's going all Asgardian princess on us.
Not necessarily.

*If* Kat gets a bigger role, it could be as a "dispatcher" back on Earth. Maybe she and Selvig "guide" Thor and Jane through the Nine Worlds back home at the nice little observatory with her nifty transdimensional headset that the reverse engineers at SHIELD were kind enough to provide. Dunno....just sayin'.

And I still get the impression that Thor is up against some more classic nemesis/es/i/whatever, of the "CGI monster" variety, that won't have an actual "casting" announcement. I could see entities like Surtur, Jormungandr, Fenris Wolf, or even Ego the Living Planet showing up in these regards.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 08-22-2012, 09:43 PM   #370
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
Not necessarily.

*If* Kat gets a bigger role, it could be as a "dispatcher" back on Earth. Maybe she and Selvig "guide" Thor and Jane through the Nine Worlds back home at the nice little observatory with her nifty transdimensional headset that the reverse engineers at SHIELD were kind enough to provide. Dunno....just sayin'.

And I still get the impression that Thor is up against some more classic nemesis/es/i/whatever, of the "CGI monster" variety, that won't have an actual "casting" announcement. I could see entities like Surtur, Jormungandr, Fenris Wolf, or even Ego the Living Planet showing up in these regards.
So you're calling the reports of her expanded role false? Given the success of her TV show, there's no way her role in TDW is smaller than the first movie.

Malekith, the Dark Elves, and now Kurse seem like a lot already. I can't see them adding a CGI villain on top of that. Maybe as a blink-and-you'll-miss-it cameo.

Old 08-22-2012, 10:53 PM   #371
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson King View Post
So you're calling the reports of her expanded role false? Given the success of her TV show, there's no way her role in TDW is smaller than the first movie.

Malekith, the Dark Elves, and now Kurse seem like a lot already. I can't see them adding a CGI villain on top of that. Maybe as a blink-and-you'll-miss-it cameo.
If she's a "control" character, that's an expanded role, no? It's just that her scenes would take place on Earth as she monitors the progress of Thor and Jane in Fantasyland or wherever. "Expanded role" does *not* mean that her scenes necessarily take place outside of Earth.

And of the CG monstahs I listed, I could definitely see Surtur as a real possibility. Because he was actually part of the canonical Malekith/Kurse story arc, and there's been plenty of evidence that the casting call for extras seems to point to "fire breathers/eaters/ etc" as possible Fire Demons. (Among other denizens of the Nine Realms.)

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 08-22-2012, 11:26 PM   #372
kaijunexus
===---- ゴジラ 2014 ----===

ゴジラ
Old 08-23-2012, 12:11 AM   #373
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by steintym View Post
Great news, glad to see Thor getting that physical threat to battle. Although, as BigThor pointed out, that should have been the Destroyer in the first film, so we'll see where they go with this.
True, though there should be more room to work with the threat that Kurse brings to the table since:

1. He's an actual character and not some robotic like machine..

2. I think they said that the only reason why they had rushed the fight between Thor and the Destroyer was because of the pacing, along with how they didn't want to see Thor struggle right after he had just been resurrected after having been killed.

Old 08-23-2012, 03:10 AM   #374
R_Hythlodeus
Nerd Supreme

F***ing great news!!! I can't put in words how excited I am. More Dark Elves!!

RANDOM BLOCKBUSTER SEQUEL: RETURN OF THE RISING DARKNESS
------------------------------

ZWERG/ELF

a fantasy RPG based bilingual webcomic

Old 08-23-2012, 03:28 AM   #375
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
BigThor will like this latest bit of news.
Quote:
Except he wanted Skurge rather than Kurse, I'm sure he'll at least be satisfied with it though...
Marcvader is right, I'm pretty stoked about Kurse being included in this film even though I was hoping for Executioner.

For some strange reason I'm actually starting to prefer Kurse being in the physical threat in this film over Skurge.

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*

Last edited by BigThor; 08-23-2012 at 04:01 AM.
Closed Thread