The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Closed Thread

Old 09-07-2012, 02:13 PM   #726
darkslayer101
Side-Kick

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvel_freshman View Post
Nothing major, but:

https://twitter.com/ollymoss

Also, horses and village-dressed extras have been spotted on the Bourne Wood set
interesting... the ravens during thor and lokis short conversation?

Old 09-07-2012, 06:53 PM   #727
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Sexton View Post
He's not going to be a sorcerer in the movie .... he'll be his normal Dr. self and I'd imagine they'll do the transition in the mid/end credits.

I think Thor's universe is the right place to convert a regular human into a sorcerer. After all, Loki's one too. Can't see it happening anywhere else.
But what about Strange's journey? There's not enough room in Thor to cover Strange traveling to meet the Ancient One, going through training,etc.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 09-07-2012, 07:07 PM   #728
marcvader
Lurker #1

I certainly don't want everything in the MCU revolving around Asgard. Strange's origin needs its own movie and involve the ancient one.

__________________#1 CBM of 2014____________________
Twitter- @mrpink13
HAIL HYDRA!
Old 09-07-2012, 07:33 PM   #729
marvel_freshman
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcvader View Post
I certainly don't want everything in the MCU revolving around Asgard. Strange's origin needs its own movie and involve the ancient one.
Exactly.

Old 09-07-2012, 09:00 PM   #730
marvel_freshman
Side-Kick

Last edited by marvel_freshman; 09-07-2012 at 09:06 PM.
Old 09-07-2012, 09:43 PM   #731
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
But what about Strange's journey? There's not enough room in Thor to cover Strange traveling to meet the Ancient One, going through training,etc.
I't be cool if Strange is already a sorcerer in Thor, and they can start his movie later in media res with flashbacks to his origin and training. I've floated that idea before, with him receiving his training in the 70's or 80's and just keeping a low profile since then.

Alternatively, one of those rumors awhile back did just say he was simply a colleague of Jane's. Maybe he just gets injured in Thor and they'll continue his story down the road. But that's a long time in between setup and payoff for a Strange film.

I dunno. I'd hate to see the character get shortchanged or altered so much just to cram it into a Thor movie. In fact it doesn't seem like the sort of thing Feige would go for based on what he's said about keeping the cameos and guest appearances to a minimum.

resounding through the mountains
and off into the empty sky.
- Ryōkan

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 09-08-2012, 02:07 AM   #732
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

I'm not to hip to the Doctor Strange being in Thor 2, I'd rather leave him out to keep from mudding things up.

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
Old 09-08-2012, 07:46 AM   #733
The_Mighty_Thor
Stay thy hand troll!

If Strange is in Thor 2 it will probably be to introduce him to the Marvel universe before getting his own movie or to see how excited people are at seeing him to decide if he should get his own movie. I wouldn't mind a brief apearance with that in mind but I wouldn't want him as a mojor character.

Old 09-08-2012, 08:01 AM   #734
Roose Bolton
Blood of the First Men

Yeah I don't know that I like Strange's origins tied into Asgard, there's so much more beyond the nine realms...

Old 09-08-2012, 09:45 AM   #735
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Mighty_Thor View Post
If Strange is in Thor 2 it will probably be to introduce him to the Marvel universe before getting his own movie or to see how excited people are at seeing him to decide if he should get his own movie. I wouldn't mind a brief apearance with that in mind but I wouldn't want him as a mojor character.
Dr. Strange is getting his own movie already, there's no question about that; already has writers, Thomas Dean Donnelly and Joshua Oppenheimer attached. So I don't think name-dropping Stephen Strange in the Thor movie is supposed to be some kind of gauge of fanboy interest; I think it's an actual attempt at linking his powers to the Asgardians.

Which makes some sense, since we already know that Asgardians are practitioners of high magic; but again, as a poster above noted, getting his magic power from Asgard instead of Tibet changes Dr. Strange's backstory in a pretty big way. I'm not sure how well that would work.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 09-08-2012, 11:13 AM   #736
The_Mighty_Thor
Stay thy hand troll!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
Dr. Strange is getting his own movie already, there's no question about that; already has writers, Thomas Dean Donnelly and Joshua Oppenheimer attached. So I don't think name-dropping Stephen Strange in the Thor movie is supposed to be some kind of gauge of fanboy interest; I think it's an actual attempt at linking his powers to the Asgardians.

Which makes some sense, since we already know that Asgardians are practitioners of high magic; but again, as a poster above noted, getting his magic power from Asgard instead of Tibet changes Dr. Strange's backstory in a pretty big way. I'm not sure how well that would work.
We knew Thor was being made before Iron man 2 came out but that didn't stop them from dropping the hammer at the end! It' more about getting the hype started and tying everything into the Marvel univere.

As far as the movies go how do we know the Asgardians are practitiones of high magic? The only magic was used by Loki and most of it came from the cube in Thor and from the alien staff in Avengers. The only thing he seemingly did on his own was create ghost images of himself and those could just as easily be considered holgrams since he comes from a place were science and magic are one in the same. It would be bizarre if Strange got his magic from asgard!

Old 09-08-2012, 11:38 AM   #737
Rock Sexton
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Mighty_Thor View Post
As far as the movies go how do we know the Asgardians are practitiones of high magic? The only magic was used by Loki and most of it came from the cube in Thor and from the alien staff in Avengers. The only thing he seemingly did on his own was create ghost images of himself and those could just as easily be considered holgrams since he comes from a place were science and magic are one in the same. It would be bizarre if Strange got his magic from asgard!
Hogun called Loki a "Master of Magic" ..... whether or not they depicted it appropriately in Thor is another story altogether.

Look, we know the Eye of Agamotto is in the vault. Obviously Dr. Strange can't be Dr. Strange without it. It's inevitable that somehow Asgard is tied into Dr. Strange's evolution in the MCU. I personally actually like the idea of altering things to keep that inter-connective tissues flowing between each of the heroes. It's what has made the whole MCU unique.

Old 09-08-2012, 12:46 PM   #738
marvel_freshman
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Sexton View Post
Hogun called Loki a "Master of Magic" ..... whether or not they depicted it appropriately in Thor is another story altogether.

Look, we know the Eye of Agamotto is in the vault. Obviously Dr. Strange can't be Dr. Strange without it. It's inevitable that somehow Asgard is tied into Dr. Strange's evolution in the MCU. I personally actually like the idea of altering things to keep that inter-connective tissues flowing between each of the heroes. It's what has made the whole MCU unique.
Kevin Feige confirmed that was actually the Warlock's Eye.

Old 09-08-2012, 09:40 PM   #739
Wolvieboy17
Believe it!

I think Doctor Strange could be great in this movie, depending it fits the story scope. No reason he couldn't just be a doctor, pre magic, that works with Jane Foster or something, or has a medical/scientific connection and nothing more. A brief cameo but testing the waters and audience response to it.

Old 09-08-2012, 10:51 PM   #740
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Wouldn't be surprised if Dr. Strange's origins is tied with Asgard somehow in the MCU. By all accounts..Asgard has been the source of origin for several MAJOR points throughout the entire known MCU so far:

1. Hydra waged war on the world after discovering Odin's cube in Norway
2. Loki, once a prince of Asgard, brought an alien invasion to Earth that caused the Avengers to band together for the first time
3. The Arc Reactor is potentially something that Howard was able to create or come up with after having discovered and studied the Cube
4. Loki's actions in a sense brought Thanos's attention to Earth now and he'll surely play a bigger part in the MCU in the near future
5. The Events of Thor as Coulson and Fury stated is a MAJOR REASON on why SHIELD and the World Council went into developing weapons by using the Cube's energy, along with the fact that it alerted them that they were no longer alone in the universe.

Old 09-09-2012, 12:01 AM   #741
darkslayer101
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
I'm not to hip to the Doctor Strange being in Thor 2, I'd rather leave him out to keep from mudding things up.
although i would love a cameo or plot build up, i do agree that introducing an avenger would take an entire movie and Thor gettin the shaft for sharing the movie with Strange is not a good idea...

Old 09-09-2012, 03:51 AM   #742
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Ehhh, I just don't know guys I just don't know.

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
Old 09-09-2012, 03:54 AM   #743
Wolvieboy17
Believe it!

Oh BT, get over it :P It's not like it's going to be 'Thor 2 FEATURING DOCTOR STRANGE!' When Thor or Cap got mentioned in IM 2, it didn't take over from Tony, in the same way that Hawkeye didn't destroy the focus on Thor. There's no sense in worrying since a) It's pure rumour and b)We have no idea how it would be implemented anyway.

For now, just enjoy the idea of what a great Strange Viggo would make.

Old 09-09-2012, 09:16 AM   #744
Chewy
REDACTED

They'd be hiring an actor to do a cameo, and they wouldn't be using that actor again for many years. Seems unlikely, and wouldn't exactly be an enticing contract for a big name actor

And before anyone brings it up, Renner did his Thor cameo like 2 months before Avengers started filming. And SLJ did his IM1 cameo with the intention of him having a major supporting role in IM2. (And he also did his Thor cameo like 2 months before Avengers started filming, and his Cap cameo the week before Avengers started filming)

Old 09-09-2012, 10:14 AM   #745
metaphysician
Side-Kick

Presuming, of course, that the Dr Strange movie isn't closer to production than has been revealed.

Old 09-09-2012, 10:21 AM   #746
Chewy
REDACTED

Well, their slate is full through 2015. So the earliest would be, what, May 2016?

Old 09-09-2012, 10:21 AM   #747
Brian Braddock
R.I.P. '96 Y.N.W.A.

I know that it says Adrien Brody in my sig, but Viggo would definately be a trade up, if true. Yet another of those Marvel left-of-field casting calls were you never think of the guy until he's cast, upon which you look at it and go 'that's inspired, why didnt I think of that ?'.

Old 09-09-2012, 10:36 AM   #748
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
They'd be hiring an actor to do a cameo, and they wouldn't be using that actor again for many years. Seems unlikely, and wouldn't exactly be an enticing contract for a big name actor

And before anyone brings it up, Renner did his Thor cameo like 2 months before Avengers started filming. And SLJ did his IM1 cameo with the intention of him having a major supporting role in IM2. (And he also did his Thor cameo like 2 months before Avengers started filming, and his Cap cameo the week before Avengers started filming)
This is exactly why I think the Dr. Strange rumor is false. It doesn't make sense given their schedule.

Old 09-09-2012, 01:17 PM   #749
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

exactly. The only thing I could see is if Jane mentions a colleague, when Thor arrives, and she is working with someone she introduces as Dr. Steven Strange

Old 09-09-2012, 03:06 PM   #750
Neo_3
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
Well, their slate is full through 2015. So the earliest would be, what, May 2016?
We don't know if their slate is full or not. Has Marvel said no more movies for 2013, 2014 or 2015. The reason there was on;y one movie this year was to get ready for The Avengers. There is a slot for one more movie before TA2 which could go to Ant-Man or if Strange gets the push that could be it. I could see another movie added to 2015, if Strange isn't ready for 2014.

Closed Thread