The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Closed Thread

Old 08-03-2012, 10:59 PM   #126
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraT View Post
The main villain in Thor 2 is now, apparently, Sigur Ros.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 08-04-2012, 12:30 AM   #127
The Ironstar
Side-Kick

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 3

Did the Dark Elf storyline include The Enchantress/Executioner?

http://25.media.tumblr.com/83f2ffc92...dteyo1_500.gif
Old 08-04-2012, 02:29 AM   #128
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
Yeah. Although I would actually prefer Kurse. For the exact reason you provided you would rather see Skurge haha. I would be fine either way, but I would want to see him fight someone else who is not really like him, enchanted weather, etc. I want to see how powerful Thor really is, and how truely personally/physically powerful other beings are in the 9 realms
Well he hasn't fought anyone like him yet, he's already fought someone who's big and relies only on their physical strength (Hulk).

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
Old 08-04-2012, 06:08 AM   #129
chamber-music
Hail Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraT View Post
Cool.

Good to see Taylor using real locations over Green screen/CGI
Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
The main villain in Thor 2 is now, apparently, Sigur Ros.
Sigur Ros and Bjork
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne78 View Post
Guh! All Marvel has to do is cast Cumberbatch in a movie AND I WILL LOVE THEM FOREVER!!

YOU HEAR ME, MARVEL?! FOREVER!!

I think Thor comes out the day after my birthday, Nov. 7th, next year. Heh, thanks for the slightly late birthday present Marvel Studios.
Cumberbatch is definetley on marvels radar seeing as he and Moffat had a tour of the Marvel offices because the guys at Marvel are Sherlock fans

Old 08-04-2012, 06:23 AM   #130
R_Hythlodeus
Nerd Supreme

Quote:
Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
Cool.

Cumberbatch is definetley on marvels radar seeing as he and Moffat had a tour of the Marvel offices because the guys at Marvel are Sherlock fans

And if I recall correctly about 9 months ago there was a rumour MS and BC were talking about a similar contract Jeremy Renner had about 'if that character ever appears...' regarding Stephen Strange

RANDOM BLOCKBUSTER SEQUEL: RETURN OF THE RISING DARKNESS
------------------------------

ZWERG/ELF

a fantasy RPG based bilingual webcomic

Old 08-04-2012, 09:22 AM   #131
Godzilla2000
Titanium Dragon

You know, just to amuse myself and you guys I thought of a rather interesting game that involves Tom Hiddleston's mimicry talent. I mean he can be so spot on with his impressions it would be interesting to have him and the actual person he's doing an impression of say something and a blindfolded volunteer would have to guess which one is Tom and which one is the real thing.

P.S. I was just wondering, do the actors like to listen to certain types of music and/or singers/bands to get them in the mood to portray their characters?

- I'd say he's the ragiest but Rajang takes that top spot.

- In a relationship do you want a tough, independent individual who can pull their own weight walking beside you who can lift you up when you need it and vice versa or a heavy burden that you must drag behind you all the time who runs at the first sign of trouble or is incapable of helping in any way?

- I've never really known fragility and tenderness, just grit and steel.

Last edited by Godzilla2000; 08-04-2012 at 09:32 AM. Reason: I work for Belethor.
Old 08-04-2012, 11:52 AM   #132
Gamma Goliath
Engine of Destruction

I'm sure they do.

Old 08-04-2012, 01:28 PM   #133
The Ironstar
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvermoon View Post
Well, for those interested, Jaimie Alexander just tweeted:
Let's hope it's something like this:

http://25.media.tumblr.com/83f2ffc92...dteyo1_500.gif
Old 08-04-2012, 02:25 PM   #134
Son of Coul
They call me Mr. Pym

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla2000 View Post
P.S. I was just wondering, do the actors like to listen to certain types of music and/or singers/bands to get them in the mood to portray their characters?
A lot do, usually on a scene-to-scene basis depending on the emotion their character is going through (ie. sad song for crying scene).

Old 08-04-2012, 06:38 PM   #135
MarvelKnight
Side-Kick

Malekith... Hell yeah. I hope it's half as good as the EMH episode that included Malekith and the Casket..

What is Malekith's endgame do we think? I think it would be cool if he tried to wage war on the 9 realms which would be a pretty good reason for Thor to travel around the different worlds.

Old 08-04-2012, 08:20 PM   #136
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvelKnight View Post
Malekith... Hell yeah. I hope it's half as good as the EMH episode that included Malekith and the Casket..

What is Malekith's endgame do we think? I think it would be cool if he tried to wage war on the 9 realms which would be a pretty good reason for Thor to travel around the different worlds.
I dunno. TBH, I *really* don't see any existing Malekith storyline playing out in Thor 2 at all. IF Malekith turns out to be the main baddie, as seems to be the case, then it's unlikely that any other major characters attached to his story arc (e.g., Lorelei, Algrim/Kurse, Balder, Enchantress, Alflyse, and *certainly* not Herc and the Olympians) will be making an appearance, as we would've definitely heard casting news/rumors by now.

Therefore, it seems highly likely that, for lack of a better phrase, Taylor is making **** up. Which isn't a bad thing, mind you --- GOT proves that. The best I can tell, the story will center around Malekith organizing the various races of the Nine Worlds in a united front against Asgard. That's my guess, and I'm stickin' to it. (For now.)

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 08-04-2012, 08:54 PM   #137
Silvermoth
Avenger

I wonder how many characters/sets will get a new redesign? It seems to me Taylor would have a vastly different style to Branagh who was inspired by Kirby's silver age science fiction stuff.

Taylor might want to go for less computer generated effects and more of a Nordic look, more bricks and mortor.

Can't wait for X-men: apocalypse!!
Old 08-04-2012, 10:09 PM   #138
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

ahh, I want news! I am starting to get bored at the hype!!! THIS CAN'T HAPPEN!

Old 08-04-2012, 10:11 PM   #139
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
I dunno. TBH, I *really* don't see any existing Malekith storyline playing out in Thor 2 at all. IF Malekith turns out to be the main baddie, as seems to be the case, then it's unlikely that any other major characters attached to his story arc (e.g., Lorelei, Algrim/Kurse, Balder, Enchantress, Alflyse, and *certainly* not Herc and the Olympians) will be making an appearance, as we would've definitely heard casting news/rumors by now.

Therefore, it seems highly likely that, for lack of a better phrase, Taylor is making **** up. Which isn't a bad thing, mind you --- GOT proves that. The best I can tell, the story will center around Malekith organizing the various races of the Nine Worlds in a united front against Asgard. That's my guess, and I'm stickin' to it. (For now.)
I bet Kurse will show up. No?

Old 08-04-2012, 10:36 PM   #140
Quasimod0
Bell-Ringer

I hope SOME thor villain other than malekith and loki shows up.

Saving Mr. Banks- 9/10, Jack Ryan- 7/10, The Lego Movie- 9/10, Non-Stop- 8/10, Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 10/10, The Amazing Spider-Man 2-8/10, Godzilla- 7/10, Days of Future Past- 8.5/10, Edge of Tomorrow- 8.5/10, Transformers 4- 8/10, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes- 10/10
Old 08-05-2012, 12:33 AM   #141
Juicy J
Side-Kick

The typography nerd in me thinks the font on the logo is horrendous.

Old 08-05-2012, 01:57 AM   #142
marvel_freshman
Side-Kick

Agreed totally. I'm hoping it's just temporary or for promotional material.

Old 08-05-2012, 04:00 AM   #143
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

I wouldn't mind Kurse being one of the villains, but I'm still holding out hope for Executioner for as long as I can.

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
Old 08-05-2012, 08:05 AM   #144
Godzilla2000
Titanium Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ironstar View Post
Did the Dark Elf storyline include The Enchantress/Executioner?
I think between Loki and Malekith that's enough antagonists for one movie. Two villains in one movie is enough of a challenge. Add anymore and it becomes unwieldy a thing to sort out as far as divvying screen time goes. Besides, if you want more character development for Sif and the Warriors Three they should just stick with Malekith as the main villain with Loki in a supporting position.

- In a relationship do you want a tough, independent individual who can pull their own weight walking beside you who can lift you up when you need it and vice versa or a heavy burden that you must drag behind you all the time who runs at the first sign of trouble or is incapable of helping in any way?

Last edited by Godzilla2000; 08-05-2012 at 08:16 AM.
Old 08-05-2012, 08:19 AM   #145
Godzilla2000
Titanium Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Coul View Post
A lot do, usually on a scene-to-scene basis depending on the emotion their character is going through (ie. sad song for crying scene).
Hah hah, you know I was thinking that a lot of Symphonic Metal from bands like Nightwish or Within Temptation would be good motivational type music for a movie like Thor.

Old 08-05-2012, 09:07 AM   #146
Chewy
REDACTED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quasimod0 View Post
I hope SOME thor villain other than malekith and loki shows up.
I'd like to see Kurse but that's about it. Obviously Enchantress would be nice but I don't see how she fits in a Malekith/Loki movie

Old 08-05-2012, 02:32 PM   #147
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

I just hope to HELL they steer clear of the danged Wrecking crew, and leave the WINGS off Malekith that were mentioned in the first script.

....to every King.
THOR MAY 6TH 2011

Old 08-05-2012, 07:38 PM   #148
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Posted this in the fan manip thread; thought people might be interested in seeing this here as well.

*This is NOT mine by the way*

Old 08-05-2012, 09:00 PM   #149
marvel_freshman
Side-Kick

Quotes from Hiddleston:

Quote:
I don't want to give too much away. But I can guarantee that you won't be disappointed. Alan Taylor's vision of Thor 2 is utterly brilliant. The journey continues in the most epic dimension and proportion imaginable. It's very, very exciting.
http://www.totalfilm.com/news/tom-hi...ards-interview

Old 08-06-2012, 03:04 AM   #150
The Strategos
Side-Kick

Sounds great - Thor's is easily the most visually exciting and large scale of the marvel world!

Closed Thread