The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Closed Thread

Old 08-06-2012, 03:47 AM   #151
Danalys
Sol Invictus

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 3

hmm i have a quote notification to a non-existent post from a banned user for this thread. what happened?

Old 08-06-2012, 05:25 AM   #152
Silvermoth
Avenger

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 3

I wonder if they'll make Malekith a sympathic villain or a badass one?

I wonder what his plot will be? To take the throne? I wonder if Taylor would want to do something so Game of Thronesish after working on the tv series?

I wonder if he'll end up looking like Death from Horrible Histories?

Can't wait for X-men: apocalypse!!
Old 08-06-2012, 10:59 AM   #153
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla2000 View Post
I think between Loki and Malekith that's enough antagonists for one movie. Two villains in one movie is enough of a challenge. Add anymore and it becomes unwieldy a thing to sort out as far as divvying screen time goes. Besides, if you want more character development for Sif and the Warriors Three they should just stick with Malekith as the main villain with Loki in a supporting position.
See. I don't think Loki is going to be a villain in this movie. Just dont. Yes, he will be in the sense that he is a villain, and he is in the movie. But other than maybe talking to Malekith or something, I think he is going to be pretty minor in the movie. And Like BT said, Thor NEEDS a physical challenge. This would be 3 movies in where we have yet to meet someone where Thor really has to exert himself and display a full rrange of power. Just don't see that happening with Malekith. But if Kurse comes in, then okay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
I'd like to see Kurse but that's about it. Obviously Enchantress would be nice but I don't see how she fits in a Malekith/Loki movie
I am cool with Malekith and Kurse. I have hopped off the Enchantress and Executioner band wagon. it more than likely won't happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Strategos View Post
Sounds great - Thor's is easily the most visually exciting and large scale of the marvel world!
Agreed

Old 08-06-2012, 11:31 AM   #154
Godzilla2000
Undisputed Kaiju Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvel_freshman View Post
Yep, Tom's worried about that Marvel Sniper again. It seems like they always pick on him. I'm almost quite certain he looks like this too:

- What would you think if I told you that it doesn't bother me at all?

- Ignorant, self absorbed people make me laugh, not comedians.

Last edited by Godzilla2000; 08-06-2012 at 11:34 AM. Reason: I work for Belethor.
Old 08-06-2012, 01:07 PM   #155
spideymouse
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_ATC View Post
Hiddleston talks about Loki and Thor Sequel - http://wp.me/p2CCWq-1tj

I'm a big fan of his
Man, he is so passionate about the character. Marvel made such a good decision when they hired Branagh--they're still reaping the benefits from that partnership.

It's too bad Josh Hartnett couldn't play Loki though

Old 08-06-2012, 02:25 PM   #156
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Meh Hiddleston's interview was pretty unimpressive, it didn't really tell us anything we didn't already know.

If they don't announce a henchman/physical threat to go along with Malekith soon, my anticipation for this film is going to die down.

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
Old 08-06-2012, 03:03 PM   #157
spideymouse
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
Meh Hiddleston's interview was pretty unimpressive, it didn't really tell us anything we didn't already know.

If they don't announce a henchman/physical threat to go along with Malekith soon, my anticipation for this film is going to die down.
I don't think it should be an expectation that every new interview with an actor in an upcoming movie is going to reveal something new about said movie, especially when he is contractually obligated to keep his mouth shut about it, and the interview was mostly a fluff piece after he won an award.

As for the physical threat thing, I do agree that Malekith alone is not big enough of a threat. I hope Marvel isn't thinking that an army of dark elves will fill that quota.

Old 08-06-2012, 06:41 PM   #158
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Strategos View Post
Sounds great - Thor's is easily the most visually exciting and large scale of the marvel world!
That and how Thor's solo adventures are easily capable of being on par with the same type of scale and threat level that the Avengers as a group would face.

Old 08-07-2012, 01:43 AM   #159
breyfogle_rules
Hell-bent for Leather

I can't wait for this effing movie!!!!

Thor is my favorite. That is all.

Old 08-07-2012, 01:48 AM   #160
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

Quote:

Same... Even Superman's going to have a physical threat to face in MoS. I'm excited for Thor II... but this is getting ridiculous.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 08-07-2012, 02:22 AM   #161
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
Same... Even Superman's going to have a physical threat to face in MoS. I'm excited for Thor II... but this is getting ridiculous.
Yep Thor could probably backhand Malekith and KO him, he's gonna need a heavy hitter to keep Thor at bay.

Spider-Man - Hear what?
Old 08-07-2012, 04:52 AM   #162
R_Hythlodeus
Nerd Supreme

Meh. MCU Malekith ain't 616 Malekith. You could easily give him a power boost for hand to hand combat.

RANDOM BLOCKBUSTER SEQUEL: RETURN OF THE RISING DARKNESS
------------------------------

ZWERG/ELF

a fantasy RPG based bilingual webcomic

Old 08-07-2012, 08:28 AM   #163
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Yep Thor could probably backhand Malekith and KO him, he's gonna need a heavy hitter to keep Thor at bay.
I think Surtur would qualify as a heavy hitter.

Plus, CGI villain(s) would explain why we don't have any other (announced) casting (yet) on the baddies' side.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 08-07-2012, 10:06 AM   #164
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

Quote:
Originally Posted by R_Hythlodeus View Post
Meh. MCU Malekith ain't 616 Malekith. You could easily give him a power boost for hand to hand combat.
They shouldn't have to do that.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 08-07-2012, 10:34 AM   #165
ares834
Side-Kick

I feel it's a pretty safe bet that Kurse will play a role in the movie. Hopefully, he can put up more of a fight than the destroyer.

Old 08-07-2012, 10:53 AM   #166
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

I'd settle for Kurse but I really don't want him... I'd much rather have Skurge.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 08-07-2012, 03:02 PM   #167
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
They shouldn't have to do that.
Yeah that's what I like to call "reaching", especially when there's several heavy lifter's that fit the bill.

Quote:
I'd settle for Kurse but I really don't want him... I'd much rather have Skurge.
I feel the exact same way, I would be fine with Kurse but I would MUCH rather Skurge.

Spider-Man - Hear what?
Old 08-07-2012, 03:10 PM   #168
Chewy
REDACTED

He'll have a whole army of elves at his disposal

Old 08-07-2012, 03:14 PM   #169
spideymouse
Side-Kick

Quote:
True, but we've seen Thor take on faceless armies twice already. We need to see him take on someone of his caliber. We should have seen it in Destroyer, but we know how that was mishandled.

Old 08-07-2012, 03:17 PM   #170
marcvader
Lurker #1

__________________#1 CBM of 2014____________________
Twitter- @mrpink13
HAIL HYDRA!
Old 08-07-2012, 04:02 PM   #171
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Woah that's very threatening for a guy that ran through an army of giants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spideymouse View Post
True, but we've seen Thor take on faceless armies twice already. We need to see him take on someone of his caliber. We should have seen it in Destroyer, but we know how that was mishandled.
Exactly, it's been done enough besides wtf could elves do to Thor that giants and aliens couldn't do?

Spider-Man - Hear what?
Old 08-07-2012, 04:17 PM   #172
Chewy
REDACTED

Quote:
Woah that's very threatening for a guy that ran through an army of giants.
He didn't exactly win. Got cornered and saved by daddy

Old 08-07-2012, 05:31 PM   #173
JB-the-Hunter
Hunter of weaklings

Quote:

Calm down man, you get really worked up over how Thor's power/Thor's enemy's power is portrayed. You don't see my anticipation for Iron Man 3 going down because Mandarin probably won't be as powerful as he is in the comics, or my anticipation for Cap 2 going down because it hasn't had a second villain announced, or my anticipation of GotG going down because nobody but the core team has been announced. Everything's going to work out.

Bruce Banner - "Captain America is on threat watch?"

Natasha Romanoff - "We all are."
Old 08-07-2012, 06:12 PM   #174
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcvader View Post
Terrifying.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 08-07-2012, 07:50 PM   #175
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB-the-Hunter View Post
Calm down man, you get really worked up over how Thor's power/Thor's enemy's power is portrayed. You don't see my anticipation for Iron Man 3 going down because Mandarin probably won't be as powerful as he is in the comics, or my anticipation for Cap 2 going down because it hasn't had a second villain announced, or my anticipation of GotG going down because nobody but the core team has been announced. Everything's going to work out.
I'm not angry or excited so there's no need to calm down, I merely stated what I wanted to see now good day sir.

Spider-Man - Hear what?

Last edited by BigThor; 08-07-2012 at 11:00 PM.
Closed Thread