The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Marvel Films

Closed Thread

Old 08-31-2012, 12:03 PM   #326
DrCosmic
Professor of Power

Default Re: Disney/Marvel & ABC working on Avengers spin-off tv show?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
Couldn't Iron Man potentially cameo. Not RDJ but just the Iron Man character armoured up in a little scene. They have use of the same digital technology and it would save them having to pay RDJ for a tiny role. Or if not Iron Man then War Machine.

In the alternate universe US War Machine series, Rhodes was working with SHIELD and many of the SHIELD agents were similarly suited up.
That's actually fairly FRICKING brilliant. Stuntman in the Iron Man costume, and have RDJ do a few lines of voice work one day. He might do a day of voice work for a price comparable with having Fury or even Smulders do an episode. Even beyond that, Iron Man's voice is distorted anyway, so you'd only need RDJ to do voicework for the comm-channel stuff, the actual in-suit could be any voice actor. War Machine would be even better for that. Don Cheadle does TV, so you might be able to get him to actually show up too.

This is fairly briliant stuff. I can't believe I didn't think of that. Iron Man, the hardest actor to get, is actually the easiest and possibly cheapest character to have cameo. Crazy.

Old 08-31-2012, 12:08 PM   #327
Chewy
REDACTED

I think having any of the big four takes away from the impact of them showing up in their films.

The only guests I want are the movie SHIELD agents.

Old 08-31-2012, 12:30 PM   #328
OB12
Side-Kick

Quote:
I think having any of the big four takes away from the impact of them showing up in their films.

Tend to agree. I'd only want to see Iron Man, Cap, Thor, and Hulk referenced. That said War Machine would be an awesome cameo along some of your other supporting heroes like Luke Cage, Iron Fist, Daredevil, Moonknight etc.

Old 08-31-2012, 12:33 PM   #329
Chewy
REDACTED

Yeah, Cage/Fist, Daredevil, Blade, etc would be cool and could be nice intros to new characters. I just mean the marquee stars of current ongoing movie franchises.

Old 08-31-2012, 12:44 PM   #330
Lord
All Mighty

I liked the idea some posts before of taking some less known heroes like Punisher or Luke Cage and S.H.I.E.L.D. using them in different missions, reminds me of Ultimate Comics: Avengers

Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Old 08-31-2012, 12:46 PM   #331
DrCosmic
Professor of Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy View Post

Really? That's not one I can understand. As long as it's not competing with the films in anyway, I think it'd be sweet. Like We'll see IM in 2013 and 2015 on film, but a TV show cameo in 2014 could be kinda sweet. Same reason I sometimes watch IM(2008) randomly, cuz I enjoy seeing the characters do their thing.

Old 08-31-2012, 12:51 PM   #332
Chewy
REDACTED

The movies are the "events", if you will. The big four are the center of those events. It's not competition that's the issue, it's the watering down/dilution of said events.

It's like, for instance, if your cheat day is Sunday. Eat clean all week and it makes that Sunday night dinner even more delicious. Eat pizza and burgers all week and it's kind of whatever.

On the subject of guest stars, I want a Halloween episode centered around the team fighting vampires with Blade. And SMG should guest star

Old 08-31-2012, 12:57 PM   #333
DrCosmic
Professor of Power

Wow, that's interesting. I definitely don't look at the movies as events in terms of "this is the pinnacle of my enjoyment of these characters," but now that you mention it, a lot of people do. I still think they should cameo the big four, in the spirit of a 'trailer' to get people excited about the events, but I can see how it should be used sparingly so as not to spoil anyone's appetite. I personally would be disappointed if they didn't as I think it could make both the show and the movies richer.

Old 08-31-2012, 01:00 PM   #334
Joeyjojo72
Side-Kick

I like the idea of Iron Man et al being part of the backdrop of NYC (or whatever cities) in the show. Flyby's and tv news footage and the like.

And I just thought of something: Can Marvel use Spidey and mutants in their TV stuff? Not saying they should, but opens up a lot of possibilities.

Old 08-31-2012, 01:00 PM   #335
JB-the-Hunter
Hunter of weaklings

Quote:
It's like, for instance, if your cheat day is Sunday. Eat clean all week and it makes that Sunday night dinner even more delicious. Eat pizza and burgers all week and it's kind of whatever.
I don't think you understand the concept of a cameo. It's more like eating 5 skittles on a Tuesday afternoon than eating pizza and burgers all week.

Bruce Banner - "Captain America is on threat watch?"

Natasha Romanoff - "We all are."
Old 08-31-2012, 01:03 PM   #336
Chewy
REDACTED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeyjojo72 View Post
And I just thought of something: Can Marvel use Spidey and mutants in their TV stuff? Not saying they should, but opens up a lot of possibilities.
No, they can't. They had that whole lawsuit regarding the Mutant X show

Spidey, maybe. I remember they bought the television rights from Sony, but that might have just been animation

Old 08-31-2012, 01:05 PM   #337
Chewy
REDACTED

TV news footage now and then would be fine. Just not full blown guest appearances by people like Hems or Cheadle.

Old 08-31-2012, 01:10 PM   #338
Son of Coul
Not 100% A Dick

Awesome avvy, Chew-Chew.

Old 08-31-2012, 01:22 PM   #339
DrCosmic
Professor of Power

Quote:
No, they can't. They had that whole lawsuit regarding the Mutant X show

Spidey, maybe. I remember they bought the television rights from Sony, but that might have just been animation
That's interesting Everything I've found on that seems to say 'all television rights.' I dont know how that works with the idea of a live action TV Show though... certainly Marvel can't just make a Spidey TV show and undermine the live action thing, right?

Old 08-31-2012, 01:32 PM   #340
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

I wouldn't mind seeing Tim Roth show up, even if he's powered down. They could have someone interrogate him to see if he's lying - some kind of lie detection expert.

Also wouldn't mind seeing Hank Pym show up, even in a small role.

Old 08-31-2012, 01:38 PM   #341
OB12
Side-Kick

I'd say everyone is fair game for a cameo outside of Stark, Rogers, Thor, and Banner, though I'd like to see each character referenced. Definitely would like to see War Machine, Falcon, Gen. Ross, and any other supporting characters from the main movies.

Old 08-31-2012, 02:10 PM   #342
Chewy
REDACTED

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrCosmic View Post
That's interesting Everything I've found on that seems to say 'all television rights.' I dont know how that works with the idea of a live action TV Show though... certainly Marvel can't just make a Spidey TV show and undermine the live action thing, right?
One would think. Although it'd be hilarious if they could just get their own version of Spidey going on TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Coul View Post
Awesome avvy, Chew-Chew.
Yep, Kane is a god among men

Old 08-31-2012, 02:33 PM   #343
metaphysician
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrCosmic View Post
That's actually fairly FRICKING brilliant. Stuntman in the Iron Man costume, and have RDJ do a few lines of voice work one day. He might do a day of voice work for a price comparable with having Fury or even Smulders do an episode. Even beyond that, Iron Man's voice is distorted anyway, so you'd only need RDJ to do voicework for the comm-channel stuff, the actual in-suit could be any voice actor. War Machine would be even better for that. Don Cheadle does TV, so you might be able to get him to actually show up too.

This is fairly briliant stuff. I can't believe I didn't think of that. Iron Man, the hardest actor to get, is actually the easiest and possibly cheapest character to have cameo. Crazy.
I'm not sure I agree with that. Yes, you wouldn't need physical presence of the actor, or necessarily even the voice if its just a quick shot. . . but you *would* need to CGI the suit. Unless they can somehow do that cheaply based on existing work, that could easily be *more* expensive than a three minute RDJ appearance.

Old 08-31-2012, 02:36 PM   #344
OB12
Side-Kick

The CGI for IM or War Machine would be expensive but not uber-expensive. By now they've got the model figured out enough that I doubt it would be an obstacle if they did want one of those characters to appear.

Old 08-31-2012, 02:50 PM   #345
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Well there is the practical suit, if they just had Iron Man appearing as if he's standing around (perhaps at some kind of charity event) which doesn't require too much range of motion. A stunt man could wear that and it wouldn't cost anything to CGI. That's probably the suit from IM 1 though and not the most current one.

Old 08-31-2012, 04:47 PM   #346
DrCosmic
Professor of Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by metaphysician View Post
I'm not sure I agree with that. Yes, you wouldn't need physical presence of the actor, or necessarily even the voice if its just a quick shot. . . but you *would* need to CGI the suit. Unless they can somehow do that cheaply based on existing work, that could easily be *more* expensive than a three minute RDJ appearance.
Ah, that makes sense, the suit in action isn't done practical. So it could be done, but perhaps not super easy. Still, it could be done for a comparable amount to another cameo and not require RDJ to actually be there. For instance, Iron Man could show up at the end of an episode after all the action some quick CGI fly by action he lands and then stuntman in the practical suit has a short conversation.

Old 08-31-2012, 04:52 PM   #347
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Well I'm sure they have filmed a lot of extra footage of Iron Man that hasn't ended up being used in either the Iron Man movies or the Avengers. They could potentially use some of that for a few flybys or whatever else he was filmed doing.

Old 08-31-2012, 05:31 PM   #348
Lord
All Mighty

They could use the contracts for cameos of the character to use for the tv shows, or maybe even take some of the deleted scenes if it fits the story

Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Old 08-31-2012, 05:36 PM   #349
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord View Post
They could use the contracts for cameos of the character to use for the tv shows, or maybe even take some of the deleted scenes if it fits the story

Yeah, how about using some of those deleted scenes from the Avengers like Maria Hill being critical of Fury (could be used in a different context) or even Steve Rogers wandering around the city and sketching when the waitress comes along and Stan Lee has his cameo (again used in a different context).

Old 08-31-2012, 06:23 PM   #350
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

A thought.

Do all the characters still leased out to FOX and Sony apply also to live-action tv, or just feature films?

resounding through the mountains
and off into the empty sky.
- Ryōkan

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Closed Thread