The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Marvel Films

Closed Thread

Old 10-30-2012, 04:03 PM   #726
Sawyer
F***ITY BYE!

Default Re: Disney/Marvel & ABC working on Avengers spin-off tv show?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
This will now be paired with a Star Wars series on ABC within a year or two. Inevitable.
I doubt ABC would schedule any of them to air at 10, but a Once Upon a Time/SHIELD/Star Wars line up would have me fapping with joy.

Oh, what's that, America? You love Chris Pratt? Well, I guess we'll have to wait and see the overnight ratings for this upcoming season of Parks and Recreation for me to determine how full of **** you are about that.

Old 10-30-2012, 11:49 PM   #727
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
xeno000, the thing is Valley is too old yeah but I mean he has qualities that most of the younger male actors in this generation are lacking.

But honestly I mean look at Tom Cruise. About to turn 50 and being cast for much younger roles. And I mean look at Ming-Na she's 48 and honestly she's the last person I expected to play a SHIELD agent in this show. I'm not saying it's bad but I mean she is an older gal.

I think it's just that Valley has the look and the qualities in performance that we want Cap to have.

If I'm reading you right, you made two contradictory assumptions about age. First, that it's fine that Cruise is nearly 50 and still taking action hero roles; second that Ming-Na is 48 and "an older gal." That's the typical double standard for men and women in the entertainment industry, I suppose. As soon as a woman hits 40 she becomes obsolete in the eyes of many, so I guess it seems natural to question why a 48-year-old female would be included on the show.

In this instance, we have no idea what Ming-Na's character will be like, other than a bare description of her background. She is said to be a fighter pilot with a lot of experience, so they weren't going to cast a twenty-something to play her. The character can be a contemporary of Coulson (but please, not a Hill-type one-note adversary.) There are several characters described as being younger agents as well, and it makes sense that there would be more senior agents working with them. (Including the tritely cutesy "Fitz-Simmons" combo. Someone should seriously talk the Whedons out of that.)

Old 10-31-2012, 04:03 AM   #728
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

Maybe Romney will guest star

Old 10-31-2012, 07:11 AM   #729
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post
If I'm reading you right, you made two contradictory assumptions about age. First, that it's fine that Cruise is nearly 50 and still taking action hero roles; second that Ming-Na is 48 and "an older gal." That's the typical double standard for men and women in the entertainment industry, I suppose. As soon as a woman hits 40 she becomes obsolete in the eyes of many, so I guess it seems natural to question why a 48-year-old female would be included on the show.

In this instance, we have no idea what Ming-Na's character will be like, other than a bare description of her background. She is said to be a fighter pilot with a lot of experience, so they weren't going to cast a twenty-something to play her. The character can be a contemporary of Coulson (but please, not a Hill-type one-note adversary.) There are several characters described as being younger agents as well, and it makes sense that there would be more senior agents working with them. (Including the tritely cutesy "Fitz-Simmons" combo. Someone should seriously talk the Whedons out of that.)
What is that?

Old 10-31-2012, 07:54 AM   #730
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
I doubt ABC would schedule any of them to air at 10, but a Once Upon a Time/SHIELD/Star Wars line up would have me fapping with joy.
That is too epic to be true!

"Once you cage the beast, the beast gets angry" - X3
"Patience isn't my strongest suit" - X4
JOIN MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018/
Old 10-31-2012, 05:34 PM   #731
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
What is that?
The character descriptions that were given out for the SHIELD agents in the show featured two twentysomethings named Leo Fitz and Gemma Simmons, who were called "Fitz-Simmons" as a pair. Honestly, that sounds like the sort of couple-y name that fans come up with when they become enthusiastic about characters' relationships. They have already changed the "Althea Rice" character to "Melinda May," so we might see the other names shift as the roles are filmed.

Quote:
Agent Grant Ward is deadly, precise and cool under fire. He's just doesn't play well with others due to his not-so-great people skills. He's volatile, but a decent guy with morals whose charm will eventually come through.

Soulful and quiet, Agent Althea Rice (a.k.a. "The Cavalry") is an ace pilot, weapons expert and soldier who is a bit damaged from her combat experience and has gone beyond the call of duty. [changed to Melinda May]

Finally, there's Agent Leo Fitz and Agent Jemma Simmons, also known as "Fitz-Simmons" as the two spend all their time together. Think more along the lines of a brother and sister who always bicker and annoy one another. They came up together and are masters in their fields: Fitz is good with weapons and gadgets while Simmons is into science. Yes, they are huge nerds (and also attractive).

http://www.eonline.com/news/350383/a...ing-new-agents

Old 10-31-2012, 05:41 PM   #732
The Ironstar
Side-Kick

Sorry,I didn't know where to post this.W/Ghostbusters being postponed again,will Spidey come back to MCU in time to team-up w/Avengers to fight Thanos like the M 2 in 1?

Quote:
A couple weeks ago Deadline reported that Ghostbusters 3 would finally start filming next summer without Bill Murray. However, now the Hollywood Reporter is reporting that any decision on Ghostbusters 3 has been postponed until the end of March, because of Sony’s financial woes.
http://comicbook.com/blog/2012/10/31...stponed-again/

Old 10-31-2012, 05:45 PM   #733
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ironstar View Post
Sorry,I didn't know where to post this.W/Ghostbusters being postponed again,will Spidey come back to MCU in time to team-up w/Avengers to fight Thanos like the M 2 in 1?

http://comicbook.com/blog/2012/10/31...stponed-again/
Why not post it in the "Get Marvel's Rights Back" thread?

http://forums.superherohype.com/show...348470&page=26

Old 11-01-2012, 03:54 AM   #734
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
That is too epic to be true!
If that were to happen I'd abandon all faith in humanity and jump of a bridge screaming
"What happened to good ol' Marvel?!"

Old 11-01-2012, 04:27 PM   #735
metaphysician
Side-Kick

What would be the point of throwing in Spider-man? He doesn't have any useful ability to contribute, and he doesn't have the ties of comradery that the others have,

Old 11-05-2012, 02:58 PM   #736
Chewy
REDACTED

Filming apparently starts in January.

Old 11-05-2012, 04:27 PM   #737
xeno000
Raining hell from above

We probably won't hear much about the show's quality or prospects for being picked up in the fall for a while after it's filmed. The network upfronts aren't until May. All we can hope for are rumors -- unless it's so good (or so bad) that "sources" come out of the woodwork to spill the beans.

Old 11-06-2012, 02:41 PM   #738
Chewy
REDACTED

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post
We probably won't hear much about the show's quality or prospects for being picked up in the fall for a while after it's filmed. The network upfronts aren't until May. All we can hope for are rumors -- unless it's so good (or so bad) that "sources" come out of the woodwork to spill the beans.
I think with a property this big we should get at least some "unofficial" word on a potential pickup well before May. Maybe March?

Old 11-09-2012, 01:33 PM   #739
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

So when is the next bit of casting news coming? Is Whedon only casting one actor a month?

Old 11-13-2012, 11:41 AM   #740
Chewy
REDACTED

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/liv...-whedon-389604

Elizabeth Henstridge and Iain De Caestecker have boarded the Marvel TV adaptation, The Hollywood Reporter has learned exclusively.

Henstridge will play science whiz Agent Gemma Simmons, while De Caestecker will play Agent Leo Fitz, a technology guru. The duo spend all their time together -- mostly bickering -- and are masters at a remarkably young age of their respective fields.

Old 11-13-2012, 12:20 PM   #741
chamber-music
Hail Hydra

Iain De Caestecker is a good Scottish actor. De Caestecker was awesome in Fades which was cancelled by the BBC

Old 11-13-2012, 12:46 PM   #742
OB12
Side-Kick

Excellent, excited to hear more casting news on this, though I would like to see more characters from the comics.

Old 11-13-2012, 01:22 PM   #743
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

About time for some new casting. But I've never heard of either of them. Is Henstridge related to Natasha Henstridge?

Here's the pic of them from the article:

She's definitely attractive.

Old 11-13-2012, 01:24 PM   #744
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Wonder if they'll retain their English/Scottish accents/ethnicities, or will they just be American-ized? Hopefully, the former, since SHIELD is supposed to be international and not an American agency (a *lot* of people still don't get that).

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 11-13-2012, 01:31 PM   #745
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

I want more Marvel characters

Old 11-13-2012, 01:37 PM   #746
OB12
Side-Kick

I want Quartermain and Danvers. I'd be satisfied with that as far as Marvel characters from the comics in the main cast.

Old 11-13-2012, 01:44 PM   #747
kaijunexus
===---- ゴジラ 2014 ----===

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkingbird View Post
I want more Marvel characters
We'll get them, don't worry.

ゴジラ
Old 11-13-2012, 01:56 PM   #748
Malcolm Belmont
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaijunexus View Post
We'll get them, don't worry.
I hope..Ant-man needs to play a important part in this show..maybe we could have Eric O' Grady cameo in the Ant-Man film and have him as a main charter in the SHIELD TV Show

Old 11-13-2012, 09:26 PM   #749
Raiden
RIP Robin Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
About time for some new casting. But I've never heard of either of them. Is Henstridge related to Natasha Henstridge?

Here's the pic of them from the article:

She's definitely attractive.
Henstridge is gorgeous. I'd love to see her in Avengers 2.

"I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not." - Captain America
Old 11-13-2012, 09:32 PM   #750
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malcolm Belmont View Post
I hope..Ant-man needs to play a important part in this show..maybe we could have Eric O' Grady cameo in the Ant-Man film and have him as a main charter in the SHIELD TV Show
Uhh...doubt it.

Closed Thread