The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Misc. TV Series

Old 05-19-2014, 07:27 PM   #1
SuperBatman
Side-Kick

Default Lifetime Developing Damien TV Series??

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/liv...-follow-705083

Quote:
Glen Mazzara is sticking with the horror genre.
Recommended

The former Walking Dead showrunner is developing a follow-up to the 1976 horror classic for Lifetime, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
Titled Damien, the drama centers on the film's young boy Damien Thorn. Now an adult and haunted by his past, Damien is faced with a series of macabre events and must finally face his true destiny: he is the Antichrist.

Supposely this is becoming a thing now 1st it was Norman Bates then now theres the recent rumors of the Friday the 13th Series and Now this.

SuperBatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 07:34 PM   #2
Sawyer
We Are Human Resources

Default Re: Lifetime Developing Damien TV Series??

In fairness, Bates Motel is pre-Psycho, whereas this is post-Omen. I don't know what the hell the deal is with F13.

I'd be into this, I'm just really unsure about that network. Lifetime does realize that Damien isn't a girl... right?

Heterosexual - A Person Sexually Attracted to the Opposite Sex
Homosexual - A Person Sexually Attracted to the Same Sex
Bisexual - A Person Sexually Attracted to Both Sexes
Hype-osexual - A Person More Sexually Excited By CBM Photos/Trailers Than Any Man or Woman Could Ever Hope To Make Them

Sawyer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 07:43 PM   #3
SuperBatman
Side-Kick

Yeah that's the oddest part about this news being on lifetime. I'd give it a go it would be interesting to see who they would cast as Damien.

SuperBatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 09:11 PM   #4
THUNDERSTRIKE
COLBERT, GODDAMMIT!

's funny, I always looked at the Lifetime channel as 'the women's revenge channel'... what the hell is this Damien thing doing on THIS channel?!?...

I am created the Destroyer, Shatterer of the accursed Castle that shall collapse and crumble into a forgotten ruination.
So falls Zehnc Dee'Ya, the unstable B***hQueen, and
S'melya, her suckup, and Sleech, an ancient and savage Over
Seer.
The B***h lies in the guise of her deceptive words and lies helpless in the ruin of her useless life, unable to save herself.
None are so blind to the obvious truth than the misled travellers that gather within the halls of her Castle at Rotting Hill.

TYALYZE
THUNDERSTRIKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 12:16 PM   #5
Randal Graves
Side-Kick

Ordered to series!

Quote:
Lifetime has placed a six-episode, straight-to-series order for Glen Mazzara’s drama thriller Damien, it was announced today by Rob Sharenow, Executive Vice President and General Manager of Lifetime.

Produced by Fox Television Studios and based on Twentieth Century Fox’s classic horror film, The Omen, the series follows the adult life of Damien Thorn, the mysterious child from the 1976 motion picture who has grown up, seemingly unaware of the satanic forces around him. Haunted by his past, Damien must now come to terms with his true destiny -- that he is the Antichrist, the most feared man throughout the ages.

“We are thrilled to be bringing a contemporary version of The Omen’s Damien Thorn back to the screen. Glen Mazzara has re-imagined him as a dark, romantic, anti-hero and this fresh take blends complex characters with premium storytelling to make something truly original,” said Sharenow.

Said Fox Television Studios Senior Vice President, Programming, Nancy Cotton, “The Omen is a jewel in the crown of the Fox features library; we’re gratified and eager to bring a new iteration of ‘Damien’ and this iconic story to television – and to a new audience – through the vision of Glen Mazzara.”

Scheduled to launch in early 2015, Damien will be written and executive produced by Mazzara (The Walking Dead, The Shield) via his 44 Strong Productions. Ross Fineman (Lights Out), who developed the project alongside Mazzara, executive produces through his company, Fineman Entertainment. Pancho Mansfield also serves as executive producer. Damien is through Mazzara’s overall deal with Fox Television Studios, as well as Fineman and Mansfield’s first-look deals with the studio.
http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...series/296422/

Randal Graves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 02:41 PM   #6
Sawyer
We Are Human Resources

Both Mazzara and the subject matter make no sense to me being on Lifetime, but I'm up for this.

Heterosexual - A Person Sexually Attracted to the Opposite Sex
Homosexual - A Person Sexually Attracted to the Same Sex
Bisexual - A Person Sexually Attracted to Both Sexes
Hype-osexual - A Person More Sexually Excited By CBM Photos/Trailers Than Any Man or Woman Could Ever Hope To Make Them

Sawyer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 03:09 PM   #7
THUNDERSTRIKE
COLBERT, GODDAMMIT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
Both Mazzara and the subject matter make no sense to me being on Lifetime, but I'm up for this.
yeah, I don't get it either... maybe Lifetime is changing itself and what they're usually known for... but I'll check it out...

I am created the Destroyer, Shatterer of the accursed Castle that shall collapse and crumble into a forgotten ruination.
So falls Zehnc Dee'Ya, the unstable B***hQueen, and
S'melya, her suckup, and Sleech, an ancient and savage Over
Seer.
The B***h lies in the guise of her deceptive words and lies helpless in the ruin of her useless life, unable to save herself.
None are so blind to the obvious truth than the misled travellers that gather within the halls of her Castle at Rotting Hill.

TYALYZE
THUNDERSTRIKE is offline   Reply With Quote