The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > The Amazing Spider-Man Sequels

Old 07-31-2013, 01:50 PM   #1
BenKenobi
Banned User

Default Who here hopes Matthew Vaughn ends up with Spidey?

I think Marc Webb did a great job with the material he had to work with on AMS, but I really feel no one deserves Spider-Man more than Vaughn. His work on Kick-Ass was absolute brilliance, he perfectly captured that laughable but serious atmosphere Spider-Man should have, and the entire movie the audience never lost sight of how nerdy and pathetic Dave was all while growing to admire and root for him. It even seemed like Horner took a cue on the score from the composer on Kick-Ass! IMO a Matthew Vaughn Spider-Man film would blow the Webb and Raimi films both out of the water, anyone else agree?

BenKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 02:06 PM   #2
Green Goblin
Past, Present and Future

Default Re: Who here hopes Matthew Vaughn ends up with Spidey?

Don't know. Just because Christopher Nolan batman was amazing doesn't mean his spidey film would be great. Depends on the director and how well they know the source material.

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
The Sinister Six- The album
Doc Ock Green Goblin Rhino Kraven Mysterio
Featuring hits like "lol haters, we aint giveing up the rights" "Forget you, Sam Raimi" "Marc Webb aint my daddy" "Hey WB, we made a female superhero movie!"

Hitting a store near you in 2016!
Green Goblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 03:05 PM   #3
Picard Sisko
Prepare to be Assimilated

I guess he could make a good Spidey film, but he isn't exactly my #1 choice. Maybe Joss Whedon.

"No matter how small I am--no matter how hopeless everything seems--I mustn't give up! My size doesn't matter! Even my life doesn't matter! No one can win--every battle, but--no man should fall-- without a struggle!"
Picard Sisko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 03:29 PM   #4
flower
Banned User

Webb should direct all Spidey sequels, but that's not going to happen because a contract with another studio prevents him from doing so.
Vaughn directed the best X-Men movie to date, so I agree he should direct Spidey. maybe he will better at casting Mary Jane than Raimi and Webb were.

flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 03:31 PM   #5
Picard Sisko

Its possible that Webb will direct TASM3, IDK about the fourth. He has a contract with Fox to direct more films, but they let him direct TASM and TASM2. If he directs a trilogy and a new director comes in for the fourth, I'd be okay with that.

"No matter how small I am--no matter how hopeless everything seems--I mustn't give up! My size doesn't matter! Even my life doesn't matter! No one can win--every battle, but--no man should fall-- without a struggle!"
Old 07-31-2013, 04:26 PM   #6
Green Goblin
Past, Present and Future

I agree after 3 films it's time for something new.

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
The Sinister Six- The album
Doc Ock Green Goblin Rhino Kraven Mysterio
Featuring hits like "lol haters, we aint giveing up the rights" "Forget you, Sam Raimi" "Marc Webb aint my daddy" "Hey WB, we made a female superhero movie!"

Hitting a store near you in 2016!
Green Goblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 04:38 PM   #7
Picard Sisko

That's how something like the Star Trek movies have stayed fresh. Each film had a different director, and it gave us a new vision of the franchise.

Marc Webb should direct the first three for a solid trilogy (and he knows they have a blueprint for 3 films). Then since the fourth is supposed to go in a bigger, different direction (Sinister Six), a new director could do the series good.

Old 07-31-2013, 07:32 PM   #8
BenKenobi
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlueWonder View Post
Don't know. Just because Christopher Nolan batman was amazing doesn't mean his spidey film would be great. Depends on the director and how well they know the source material.
But given that Dave from Kick-Ass was a parody of the Peter Parker/Nerdy Alter Ego Cliche, and the light-hearted tone that both stories have, I'd it's fair to compare the two. It's like saying JJ Abrams is a solid choice for Star Wars, because he brought that series' fantasy/adventure tone to Star Trek.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picard Sisko View Post
I guess he could make a good Spidey film, but he isn't exactly my #1 choice. Maybe Joss Whedon.
Ehhh, Joss Whedon's a good choice, but the guy wrote for marvel so imo it's a bit of a cop-out. I mean look at X-Men First Class too, it was a refreshingly emotional yet thoroughly fun take on the X-Men. I really think this guy would be perfect for Spider-Man.

Also I'm saying he should direct a future reboot, not AMS 3, I'd rather see Vaughns take on the origin than anything else.

BenKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote