The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > Spidey-World

View Poll Results: rank the spidey films #1
spider-man 0 0%
spider-man 2 4 28.57%
spider-man 3 3 21.43%
the amazing spider-man 7 50.00%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2012, 04:03 PM   #1
captain canuck
Newbie First Class
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: ontario
Posts: 22
Default best spider-man film #1

counting only live action films

captain canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 04:10 PM   #2
Supa
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 215
Default Re: best spider-man film #1

Only live action films? There's only live action films, Spidey doesn't have any animated movies.

Supa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 04:22 PM   #3
White_widow
technology theorist
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 1,198
Default Re: best spider-man film #1

Do you want us to explain our answer?

White_widow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 04:52 PM   #4
ParkerPeters
Mighty Amazing
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Utah, USA
Posts: 265
Default Re: best spider-man film #1

Spider-Man has a few animated movies from the 90's

ParkerPeters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 05:07 PM   #5
White_widow
technology theorist
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 1,198
Default Re: best spider-man film #1

I'm going to go for it, though if you want me to take it down I will.

I thought that the amazing spiderman was a better movie overall. It's not perfect, but it's certainly a step above the others. I like it for the chemistry between Gwen and Peter that was sort of lost between Peter and Mary. I also like their attempt to make Peter an actual science whiz kid, instead of just a nerd. Finally, I like how the showed that Peter had the guts to stand up for himself even when he didn't have powers.

Now I will have to say that the Raimi films capture a better role model for children. Tobey Mcguire played a more emotional spiderman, and you could tell that the family was very close. The first movie loses a little bit of credit by not developing norman. The second movie has a great tight story, but peter losing his powers is random, and it adds pointless drama. Finally the third was good, but it ran on a little too long, and the story was too slow at times.

All in all they were good, but I just preferred the characters in The amazing spiderman better. Plus, though it's a bit nit-picky, I liked Andrew garfield's take on a human spider. He played that well even to the wrapping of the lizard in the school. His web swinging was parkour with a hint of webbing as a safety line. I could see that more than I can the jumping higher than a few stories. Plus it looks better.


Last edited by White_widow; 07-30-2012 at 06:11 PM.
White_widow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 06:15 PM   #6
Supa
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 215
Default Re: best spider-man film #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParkerPeters View Post
Spider-Man has a few animated movies from the 90's
Like what? I don't recall any actual movies, at most I can remember 2 episodes of the 90's back to back, but that's kinda it. Were there actual movies?

Supa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 09:51 PM   #7
Spuzz
The Spuzziest of Spuzzes
 
Spuzz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: AZ
Posts: 1,707
Default Re: best spider-man film #1

Are you kidding me? In my opinion Spider-Man 2. No contest.

Spuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 12:25 AM   #8
THUNDERSTRIKE
SWINEFELD... HAM-STER?
 
THUNDERSTRIKE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Within the endless maze and fighting to the end.
Posts: 5,498
Default Re: best spider-man film #1

#1 Spider-Man 2
#2 Spider-Man
#3 Amazing Spider-Man
#4 Spider-Man 3

__________________
If you manage to have even ONE thought processed thru that speck of a brain cell that you possess,
the effort would probably overload your brain, make you cut a fart and blow your tiny mind out your ass.

Always being offensive and ON the offensive, and always defiant, as well...
just an absolutely rude and crude dude in every way possible...
I'm just content to be a malcontent.

Living up to your expectations of me...
and they're all bad.

Despicable ME... I yams what I yams.
THUNDERSTRIKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 12:33 AM   #9
White_widow
technology theorist
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 1,198
Default Re: best spider-man film #1

I'm kind of curious. Spider-man 2 was definitely the best film in the raimi saga. Why did Peter spontaneously lose his powers? That's the only reason that I reduced it below TASM.

White_widow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 02:01 PM   #10
optimus2861
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 92
Default Re: best spider-man film #1

It's psychological. The film doesn't leave it a mystery. Peter is losing MJ, possibly for good, Harry is driving himself mad trying to find Spider-Man, he can't hold down a job, he's failing at school, he lives in a crappy apartment he can't even pay for, and May is tortured with guilt over what happened to Ben, blaming herself. When Peter tells her the truth about that night she pulls away from him. With all that, Peter's so twisted up in knots that his own brain starts blocking out his powers. Octavius even tells him keeping his love for MJ secret will make him sick. The doctor tells him it's all in his head.

Is that really so hard to believe?

My rankings match Thunderstrike's. I didn't care for TASM at all. The enjoyable parts of SM3 are better than that film, but the bad parts of SM3 are simply unwatchable.

optimus2861 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 02:18 PM   #11
THUNDERSTRIKE
SWINEFELD... HAM-STER?
 
THUNDERSTRIKE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Within the endless maze and fighting to the end.
Posts: 5,498
Default Re: best spider-man film #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by optimus2861 View Post
It's psychological. The film doesn't leave it a mystery. Peter is losing MJ, possibly for good, Harry is driving himself mad trying to find Spider-Man, he can't hold down a job, he's failing at school, he lives in a crappy apartment he can't even pay for, and May is tortured with guilt over what happened to Ben, blaming herself. When Peter tells her the truth about that night she pulls away from him. With all that, Peter's so twisted up in knots that his own brain starts blocking out his powers. Octavius even tells him keeping his love for MJ secret will make him sick. The doctor tells him it's all in his head.

Is that really so hard to believe?

My rankings match Thunderstrike's. I didn't care for TASM at all. The enjoyable parts of SM3 are better than that film, but the bad parts of SM3 are simply unwatchable.

an excellent explanation of Peter's temporary power outage...

and your opinion of TASM and your interp of SM3 as compared to TASM mirror my own..

great minds think alike, huh?...

__________________
If you manage to have even ONE thought processed thru that speck of a brain cell that you possess,
the effort would probably overload your brain, make you cut a fart and blow your tiny mind out your ass.

Always being offensive and ON the offensive, and always defiant, as well...
just an absolutely rude and crude dude in every way possible...
I'm just content to be a malcontent.

Living up to your expectations of me...
and they're all bad.

Despicable ME... I yams what I yams.
THUNDERSTRIKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 08:57 PM   #12
Picard Sisko
Prepare to be Assimilated
 
Picard Sisko's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 17,948
Default Re: best spider-man film #1

Spider-Man 2 hands down. Spider-Man is my second favorite, and to this day I still have a soft spot for the movie. Love them both. Spider-Man 3... that movie never happened.

The Amazing Spider-Man is not as good as the first Spider-Man film, but it has much more potential to take the franchise in many different directions. Can't wait to see the sequel to this film.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Parker
"No matter how small I am--no matter how hopeless everything seems--I mustn't give up! My size doesn't matter! Even my life doesn't matter! No one can win--every battle, but--no man should fall-- without a struggle!"
Avatar by SpideyK.
Picard Sisko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 10:38 AM   #13
optimus2861
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 92
Default Re: best spider-man film #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by THUNDERSTRIKE View Post
an excellent explanation of Peter's temporary power outage...

and your opinion of TASM and your interp of SM3 as compared to TASM mirror my own..

great minds think alike, huh?...
Yup!

I freely admit I do not get the love for TASM. I watched it; I tried to like it; but I simply cannot recognize the character being portrayed in that film as Peter Parker. It's some twisted up version of him, who broods over his dead father, doesn't seem to respect his aunt & uncle much, lies his way into a science lab so he can sneak around (screwing over another student in the process!), reveals his secret ID to a girl he barely knows so he can make out with her, and never really displays he's learned the "power and responsibility" lesson. He says he does ... but I don't believe him. He can't even keep a promise he makes to a dying man!

I was really disappointed by TASM. A corporate-rights-driven unnecessary reboot that tinkered too much with the character to try and make itself 'different'.

optimus2861 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 09:59 PM   #14
THUNDERSTRIKE
SWINEFELD... HAM-STER?
 
THUNDERSTRIKE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Within the endless maze and fighting to the end.
Posts: 5,498
Default Re: best spider-man film #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by optimus2861 View Post
Yup!

I freely admit I do not get the love for TASM. I watched it; I tried to like it; but I simply cannot recognize the character being portrayed in that film as Peter Parker. It's some twisted up version of him, who broods over his dead father, doesn't seem to respect his aunt & uncle much, lies his way into a science lab so he can sneak around (screwing over another student in the process!), reveals his secret ID to a girl he barely knows so he can make out with her, and never really displays he's learned the "power and responsibility" lesson. He says he does ... but I don't believe him. He can't even keep a promise he makes to a dying man!

I was really disappointed by TASM. A corporate-rights-driven unnecessary reboot that tinkered too much with the character to try and make itself 'different'.

heard THAT...

__________________
If you manage to have even ONE thought processed thru that speck of a brain cell that you possess,
the effort would probably overload your brain, make you cut a fart and blow your tiny mind out your ass.

Always being offensive and ON the offensive, and always defiant, as well...
just an absolutely rude and crude dude in every way possible...
I'm just content to be a malcontent.

Living up to your expectations of me...
and they're all bad.

Despicable ME... I yams what I yams.
THUNDERSTRIKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 11:12 PM   #15
Venom75
I'm symbiotic!
 
Venom75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Pittsburgh,Pa.
Posts: 1,769
Default Re: best spider-man film #1

Marvel SO needs to do a good(and adult)animated Spider-man film. I'd love to see a darker and better version of the symbiote/Venom story or even Kraven's last hunt.

__________________
-I'm a Freddy Krueger,Spider-man and Venom(the Eddie Brock version) FANATIC!

Official fan of The Raimi Spider-man Trilogy 2002-2007

Never Forget 9/11/01
Venom75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 01:36 PM   #16
Picard Sisko
Prepare to be Assimilated
 
Picard Sisko's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 17,948
Default Re: best spider-man film #1

When I saw Spider-Man 3 for the first time, I was thinking that it wasn't what I expected, but found it very entertaining. And I thought, "well hey, we still have Venom coming up later in the movie! So maybe it will get better?"

About an hour and a half into the movie, Peter thinks he killed Sandman, and for some reason gives himself that emo hair. From that point, the movie just went downhill and got so much worse. And Venom... what did Sony do to one of my favorite villains?!

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Parker
"No matter how small I am--no matter how hopeless everything seems--I mustn't give up! My size doesn't matter! Even my life doesn't matter! No one can win--every battle, but--no man should fall-- without a struggle!"
Avatar by SpideyK.
Picard Sisko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 05:41 AM   #17
Spider-Aziz
Shinya Kogami
 
Spider-Aziz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Somewhere I Belong
Posts: 39,442
Default Re: best spider-man film #1

Amazing Spider-Man is somewhat better than the rest
Spider-Man the Movie is the best of Raimi's trilogy
Spider-Man 3 is my favorite Spidey film, it's just fun, and I love what they did with Venom
Spider-Man 2 is good, but it's my least favorite Spider-Man movie, and I can't agree on it being fantastic

__________________
State Your Opinion on a Marvel Character
6th annual animated shows tournament voting has begun.
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

~*SHH SIX*~
member 14: Supa-Pizza
H.E
Spider-Aziz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:58 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.