Old 08-28-2012, 12:42 AM   #26
Lantern Venom
No, I will NOT "Imagine"

Default Re: Collection Intervention

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadshot daquir View Post
why would it be an issue ?

its actually a healthy release from the daily stresses of life

only when it interferes with real-world issues (not going to work, neglecting child/spouse, financial responsibilites, etc...) then its a problem

basically, if its done in moderation, it should be ok
The people featured on the show have gone beyond collecting to obsessive/compulsive behavior. They don't have just a few shelves or even a single room dedicated to their hobby. They have entire houses and/or garages with collectibles exploding out of every crack.

Lantern Venom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 12:28 PM   #27
Mace Dolex
Powerful User

I was there at Frank & Son when they were filming segments of Collection Intervention and from afar I thought the shows blonde host looked hot but now that I've seen the show she looks like a butterface.

Self-contained stories part of a larger story is where its at. Not this writing for the trade nonsense. If you're going to write for the trade, don't release it in individual issues. Just release the trade.
Mace Dolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 01:54 PM   #28
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

i think this was the show i watched on sci-fi the other day.. comic guy and transformer guy?

if so.. the host took me by surprise. she's really smart in an area you you wouldn't think, and knows when the people are getting low-balled and how to actually work it all out.

the whole plan she came up with on the comics was genius.. and i may do the same eventually.. (sell all my other comics to get a good classic spidey one) to keep my spidey collection (which i care most for).

I felt this show really respects the fans rather than makes a mockery out of them

DING DONG DOMA IS DEAD and PROP 8 has been slayed June 26th, 2013
[=]
spideyboy_1111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 04:59 PM   #29
Spider-Jay420
Welcome Back Peter Parker

Yes, she is a total butterface, but she definately sounds like she knows her stuff. I like the show. The episode with the crazy poster guy and kid who collects everything from the eighties has been the best. Great show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spideyboy_1111 View Post
you've got some really good poses in there man. *congrats*
Quote:
Originally Posted by BizarroAids View Post
SpideyJay.....I've said it before and I'll say it again...Nice ass display! They look sweet, man.
Spider-Jay420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 06:40 AM   #30
Lantern Venom
No, I will NOT "Imagine"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Jay420 View Post
but she definately sounds like she knows her stuff. I like the show. The episode with the crazy poster guy and kid who collects everything from the eighties has been the best. Great show.
If you check out her bio page on CI's SyFy page, it's really impressive. She seems to be an expert on a wide variety of things: antiques, weapons, art, and of course, pop culture.

The poster guy from the last eppy really needed her help. Most of his stuff was stored in improperly in boxes. Not only did his house look like a storage area, I don't see how he was enjoying his collection.

The super hero guy's Hot Toys display was drool worthy.

Old 09-08-2012, 09:17 AM   #31
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

The superhero guy was a complete mess. He clearly collected just for work..... Which i honestly don't see how the hell he'd be paid enough to afford all that..... It was obvious to me he really didn't care that much about most of his stuff. He should review, and then sell the items he really doesn't want or need.

Old 09-08-2012, 09:18 AM   #32
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
Yes, she is a total butterface, but she definately sounds like she knows her stuff. I like the show. The episode with the crazy poster guy and kid who collects everything from the eighties has been the best. Great show.
Picky much?

I think she's really pretty

[=]
Old 09-08-2012, 05:20 PM   #33
Spider-Jay420

Yeah, but you like dudes. ;-)

Quote:
Quote:
SpideyJay.....I've said it before and I'll say it again...Nice ass display! They look sweet, man.
Old 09-08-2012, 05:31 PM   #34
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
Yeah, but you like dudes. ;-)
umm any gay guy will tell you what girls are hot and which are not.... we love women just as much as you do.. we just don't think about their private parts and putting our things into their things

[=]
Old 09-09-2012, 02:24 PM   #35
Spider-Jay420

I'm teasing, hence the ;-)

You like women just as much as I do? Um...I kinda doubt that. ;-) anyway, she's alright. I mean, I wouldn't kick her outta bed or anything. She's just not my type. She's got a manly thing going on with her face. She doesn't do anything for me. But to the point, I really liked the consolidating idea with the comics. I would totally sell my 90s FF and X-Men books and buy some older Spidey back issue to pad my collection. I like that idea.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 09-09-2012, 09:50 PM   #36
venom892
Got Lucky

I'm really enjoying this show and it's made me reconsider what I really need in my collection.I agree with her that having a concentrated collection is best.

Old 09-09-2012, 11:08 PM   #37
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
I'm teasing, hence the ;-)

You like women just as much as I do? Um...I kinda doubt that. ;-) anyway, she's alright. I mean, I wouldn't kick her outta bed or anything. She's just not my type. She's got a manly thing going on with her face. She doesn't do anything for me. But to the point, I really liked the consolidating idea with the comics. I would totally sell my 90s FF and X-Men books and buy some older Spidey back issue to pad my collection. I like that idea.
just as much... just not the same . Trust me... I'd rather hang around women than most straight men. And i get really angered whenever i see women take crap from men.

yea, i really liked the consolidating idea with the comics too.. it really made sense. I could sell all my comics from the last 10 years that arn't Spider-man, (or related) and get enough money from that to buy some really great classic, more expensive issues. Like Gwen's Death (which i've been after for a while)

[=]
Old 09-09-2012, 11:09 PM   #38
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by venom892 View Post
I'm really enjoying this show and it's made me reconsider what I really need in my collection.I agree with her that having a concentrated collection is best.
ditto. and it made my collection seem really sane and reasonable. Especially to my mother haha

so yea.. for me it's just mostly legends.

however... i might need her help on my movies.... i buy far too many...

[=]
Old 09-12-2012, 09:17 AM   #39
Spider-Jay420

Another cool episode last night with the Battlestar Galactica guy. I didn't realize he had a comic book shop until the end. That really pissed me off. Dude had all of his stuff in boxes and all over the place, and has a huge room at his shop and he doesn't put them up in his shop?! ARE YOU CRAZY?!?! If I owned a comic shop, thats the FIRST place I would think to put my collection. What's wrong with people? His wife was lame too, because she didn't respect them at all, and saw no difference from her kids toys. That pissed me off too, but she came around in the end so that was cool.

Japanese Robot guy had a huge collection. Dude must've had 8 or 10 shelving units just stuffed. It was an overwhelming display. I don't know anything about Japanese Robots except Voltron, so I didn't know what any of his stuff was, but he had a ton of it. Very impressive. I couldn't believe she got it valued at a half million dollars. That's awesome, good for him.

Great show. I wanna see a Marvel collection next. I feel like we've seen everything else. Spideyboy, you're not gonna be featured on that show, are you? ;-)

Quote:
Quote:
Old 09-12-2012, 09:59 AM   #40
Ipodman
Love Tension

The Star Wars house is pretty epic...

Ipodman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 10:41 AM   #41
Spider-Jay420

It was. They all are, man. The Barbie Lady, Poster Guy, GI Joe and Hot Wheels guy, they are all just consumed by it. Its crazy and way outta control.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 09-12-2012, 11:00 AM   #42
Spider-Fan83
Thwip Thwip

is it wrong that when watching the show and the women say, "its me, or the collection" I usually yell at the TV "keep the collection" lol

but, on the other hand it actually amazes me that some of these guys even got girls in the first place lol so, they should probably do what they can to keep them

but seriously the girlfriends are usually portray kinda poorly

Last edited by Spider-Fan83; 09-12-2012 at 11:18 AM.
Spider-Fan83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 11:51 AM   #43
Spider-Jay420

Yeah, the girlfriends don't come off to well, but I feel bad for the ones who get buried under all that stuff. I mean when its taking over the entire house and you have to make paths to walk and no where to sit, you gotta feel bad for them. I'm amazed any woman would let it get that bad in the first place.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-09-2012, 10:27 PM   #44
Mace Dolex
Powerful User

Any news on when new episodes start airing, I mean how hard can it be to track down these comic book/sci-fi/video game nerds?

Self-contained stories part of a larger story is where its at. Not this writing for the trade nonsense. If you're going to write for the trade, don't release it in individual issues. Just release the trade.
Mace Dolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 10:28 PM   #45
gogorock
New User - Level 0

Not sure.

gogorock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 02:20 PM   #46
Spider-Jay420

I think its on hiatus for that stupid Hot Set show. :-(

Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-15-2012, 06:31 AM   #47
Lantern Venom
No, I will NOT "Imagine"

Quote:
Originally Posted by venom892 View Post
That's certainly the best way to go. I've had various collections in my life, but I had to make some hard decisions on what was going to stay with me. Especially once you have kids ( and have to take care of their things ) a huge, unfocused collection can be very burdensome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Fan83 View Post
is it wrong that when watching the show and the women say, "its me, or the collection" I usually yell at the TV "keep the collection" lol
At least the show just tries to streamline and organize collections rather than have the collectors give them up. I would find that offensive as I do the "your stuff or me" ultimatums.

I got extremely lucky in finding a wife who understands and supports my hobby. I've known lots of friends who gave up treasured collectibles for a partner (and it isn't always the guy) and spent years regretting it.

Old 10-24-2012, 07:07 AM   #48
66 Face
Side-Kick

The first few show I really hated. The show seemed like an attack of collectors. The last few shows were better. The host went in, saw people attached to their items and helped them organize.

The dude with the jumbo machinder/ shogun warriors was my favorite.

Old 11-20-2012, 10:28 AM   #49
Thwip!
Side-Kick

sounds really interesting, tried to watch it on syfy's website but keeping getting that voice saying content not available...help?

Old 11-20-2012, 11:13 AM   #50
Spider-Jay420

I haven't tried the website, but I've been watching them On Demand. I gotta check for new episodes, though. I've actually been watching the Toy Hunter show on the Travel Channel. I like that one a little better. The host is a little over the top and kinda fruity, but he's funny to watch.

Quote:
Quote: