The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > SHH Community Forum

Closed Thread

Old 12-30-2012, 05:40 PM   #576
Captain_BluTac
You Better Run

Default Re: G8: Still Just As Action-Packed!

This will probably by my last post for a long time, so I just wanted to say to all you people in the G threads, you're awesome, you're babes and its you guys that have kept me coming back to SHH for the past couple of years. Have an amazing New Year's.

Old 12-31-2012, 11:34 PM   #577
Ultimatehero
Life is infinite

Just took the first major leap towards becoming an "out" bisexual screenwriter in hollywood - I told the first cousin, now cousins, aunts, uncles, and grandparents to come. I really fear I might lose some people during this, particularly my grandparents who might not fully understand it. But, where I am in Hollywood? How I got here? Practically having everything handed to me - I just, feel like it's my duty/responsibility to be yet another example of someone who's out, bi, and able to have his dreams come true. Which, yeah, granted sounds a little corny now - but, I just feel like it has to be. So yeah, new years resolution # 1 has commenced.

"If we are all united, we can take back our lives. While they stand divided, we can fight them and their laws. If we get up off our knees, we can show them that we are people. We can take back this "free" country! - Anti-Flag
Old 01-17-2013, 05:48 PM   #578
Marx
Pixelated
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_BluTac View Post
This will probably by my last post for a long time, so I just wanted to say to all you people in the G threads, you're awesome, you're babes and its you guys that have kept me coming back to SHH for the past couple of years. Have an amazing New Year's.

Old 01-17-2013, 05:53 PM   #579
Marx
Pixelated
SHH! Global Moderator

...so it's becoming increasingly difficult to not be completely out yet. Dad and I had another tense conversation about my gay brother and gay sister over the weekend.

Old 01-18-2013, 12:43 AM   #580
Majik1387
Casting Extraodinaire ;D

Tell him to get over it.

Old 01-18-2013, 01:20 AM   #581
Schlosser85
SHH! Global Moderator
SHH! Global Moderator

Considering you're living with Spideyboy now, does he really not realize you're gay?

Two wrongs just make something more wrong.

Movie Review Site:
Old 01-18-2013, 06:13 AM   #582
Pfeiffer-Pfan
Meow.

Some parents can be so blissfully unaware it's shocking.

I'll miss you dad! xx

Old 01-18-2013, 06:24 PM   #583
Marx
Pixelated
SHH! Global Moderator

I'm not sure if he knows or not. All I know is that not being comepletely out is unecessarily stressing me out.

Old 01-18-2013, 06:45 PM   #584
Pfeiffer-Pfan
Meow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marx View Post
I'm not sure if he knows or not. All I know is that not being comepletely out is unecessarily stressing me out.
Tell me about it... I'm currently in therapy (just to talk some things out) and my counsellor feels it would do me wonders to come out to my mom.

I'd like to cross that last bridge and be completely honest with her... but I don't think it would be worth it. I'm an only child and she would be both devastated and disappointed.

I'll miss you dad! xx

Old 01-18-2013, 06:58 PM   #585
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pfeiffer-Pfan View Post
Tell me about it... I'm currently in therapy (just to talk some things out) and my counsellor feels it would do me wonders to come out to my mom.

I'd like to cross that last bridge and be completely honest with her... but I don't think it would be worth it. I'm an only child and she would be both devastated and disappointed.
initial reaction... is not the FINAL reaction. just remember that.

no one EVER regrets coming out, and you have the ability to change peoples minds when it's someone they know and love.

its not always perfect, or easy at first... but i know several people who didn't once have favorable opinions (in my life and others) who did a complete flip around eventually when it was someone they loved and cared about.

Harvey milk believed very strongly in coming out...

DING DONG DOMA IS DEAD and PROP 8 has been slayed June 26th, 2013
[=]
Old 01-18-2013, 07:13 PM   #586
Pfeiffer-Pfan
Meow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spideyboy_1111 View Post
initial reaction... is not the FINAL reaction. just remember that.

no one EVER regrets coming out, and you have the ability to change peoples minds when it's someone they know and love.

its not always perfect, or easy at first... but i know several people who didn't once have favorable opinions (in my life and others) who did a complete flip around eventually when it was someone they loved and cared about.

Harvey milk believed very strongly in coming out...
I think I know my mom pretty well (But who knows)... and I feel if I told her it would only create more distance between us.

With my Dad and Grandad now dead (Plus my Grandma on her death bed)... My mom is the only person who I would worry about upsetting with all this. Think of how her life has been these past two years and I suddenly tell her that her only child isn't ''normal'' and she may never have grandkids.

At 22, I don't really want to lose my mom on top of everything. As frustrating as she is...

I'll miss you dad! xx

Old 01-19-2013, 06:36 AM   #587
Lasirius
Tarifa

Quote:
I think I know my mom pretty well (But who knows)... and I feel if I told her it would only create more distance between us.

With my Dad and Grandad now dead (Plus my Grandma on her death bed)... My mom is the only person who I would worry about upsetting with all this. Think of how her life has been these past two years and I suddenly tell her that her only child isn't ''normal'' and she may never have grandkids.

At 22, I don't really want to lose my mom on top of everything. As frustrating as she is...
This one is tricky, it all depends on how she's doing. It might shock your mom and not take it lightly but also think about the possibility that she wouldn't want you to be holding back things like this for her sake. I'm sure she doesn't want you to be going through this alone but still, give it some more thought.

I've been worried this week, my partner doesn't seem like he's interested in me sexually. We just started having sex but that's only because I've initiated things, I'm sure it would had never happened if I hadn't. He claims his sex drive is low but is it that low? I haven't been able to get a good night sleep just thinking about it whilst being turned down left and right.

Old 01-19-2013, 09:43 AM   #588
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Its never a bad thing to ask if there's anything you could do to put him in the mood. Some guys just art great initiators . Some also put alot of pressure on it, they're afraid they won't do a good job and prefer the other person to take control.

Sex is silly, its not always romantic and "perfect" like in a movie. You just jump in and try to please the other the best you can. Have fun while doing it and don't stress about it.

But yeah, id just see if he's got any fantasys or what area he likes concentrated on... Etc.

Communication is key

Old 01-19-2013, 01:39 PM   #589
Lasirius
Tarifa

We've talked about it and we had a great conversation last night, looks like things will get better.

It really shouldn't be difficult to show that you want it. I agree, you just jump in there and have fun with it. I told him that he could just jump on me and I'll take it from there.

Old 01-20-2013, 10:05 AM   #590
Marx
Pixelated
SHH! Global Moderator

Old 01-20-2013, 10:07 AM   #591
Marx
Pixelated
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:

I can completely relate. It's scary. No matter how well you think you know someone there is always that "what if". I have a very small family and to think of my relationship with any of them potentially being destroyed scares the hell out of me.

At the same time, I'm really getting tired of not being completely out.

Old 01-24-2013, 12:41 PM   #592
Ultimatehero
Life is infinite

Just met a really sweet guy online, so hopefully things will go good from here. It'd be awesome to have a bf. Especially since this town LGBT population is one of the towns with very few.

Old 01-24-2013, 05:57 PM   #593
Pink Ranger
TV Poster, Radio Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimatehero View Post
Just met a really sweet guy online, so hopefully things will go good from here. It'd be awesome to have a bf. Especially since this town LGBT population is one of the towns with very few.
Best of luck to you.

Notice to all Hype members: Put down your phone and/or game controller right now and pick up a copy of The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay by Michael Chabon. A must-read for anybody who visits this website.
Old 01-24-2013, 08:01 PM   #594
Marx
Pixelated
SHH! Global Moderator

Good luck Ultimatehero!

Old 01-24-2013, 08:31 PM   #595
Pink Ranger
TV Poster, Radio Face

I feel oddly proud now that I seem to be getting sexual spam e-mail from both male and female whores now. I'm a bit overcome.

Notice to all Hype members: Put down your phone and/or game controller right now and pick up a copy of The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay by Michael Chabon. A must-read for anybody who visits this website.
Old 01-26-2013, 12:11 AM   #596
Ultimatehero
Life is infinite

Thanks guys and just got his number, so the first date will probably be next weekend sometime.

Old 01-26-2013, 01:38 PM   #597
Marx
Pixelated
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimatehero View Post
Thanks guys and just got his number, so the first date will probably be next weekend sometime.

Old 02-02-2013, 08:13 PM   #598
Ultimatehero
Life is infinite

Well, just got back from the date. Turns out we had a lot more chemistry online than we did offline. I'm unsure exactly what happened. He was cute and everything, but it didn't quite click on my end. I think he really liked me though, he even picked up the tab and said he'd like to do this again sometime. Problem is, I just see him as a friend whereas I think he sees me as a possible boyfriend still. So, how do I break this to him as gently as possible? Because he would be a cool friend, just nothing clicked in the boyfriend department for whatever reason and we were gone for about three hours...

"If we are all united, we can take back our lives. While they stand divided, we can fight them and their laws. If we get up off our knees, we can show them that we are people. We can take back this "free" country! - Anti-Flag
Old 02-02-2013, 09:08 PM   #599
Lasirius
Tarifa

Try to give him another chance, sparks might not fly on the first date for a number of reasons. Things might change the second time now that you've met in person.

Old 02-02-2013, 10:29 PM   #600
Ultimatehero
Life is infinite

Thanks, but just took the "just friends" approach. Usually on the first dates, meeting after meeting online, I always have the "long goodbye." Where I feel an urge to kiss him or her, but don't know if I should because I'm shy and don't know how it would go over. It's only happened once before with a girl. And this is the first time it's happened with a guy. Have gone on more first dates with girls than guys. So, I'm figuring that lack - especially since it's there 98% of the time means its just platonic. Things could work out in the future as "start off as platonic friends then becomes more," but with the way things ended - I just wasn't feeling it like on other times. That said, I have another meeting (calling it meeting because this guy is really out of my league - but, it would be awesome if it could be more) with another guy coming up.

Closed Thread