The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Comic Books > DC Comics

Old 08-09-2012, 01:36 AM   #26
Maximus One
Oddball

Default Re: The Official Green Lantern Thread III: Brighter! Greener! Shinier! Lantern...ier.

Slim*

Maximus One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 04:06 PM   #27
flash13
Wally West

Default Re: The Official Green Lantern Thread III: Brighter! Greener! Shinier! Lantern...ier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eklypze View Post
I still need to find Sinestro Corps War vol 2. But yea, Rage of The Red Lanterns blew my mind! When Saint Walker first swoops in to save the day I literally jumped up off my couch and started cheering. Have you read Agent Orange? Larfleeze is by far one of my favorite characters in the GL-verse. He's not really a villain more of a victim of his own machinations I guess. But it picks up right after Rage of The Red Lanterns, that's one thing I really loves about it. I just read Rebirth the other night and yea you needa get that in man! By far it's been my favorite GL book I've read so far. I just absolutely love how it explains how differently all the characters use their rings. Just utterly AMAZING stuff man. Hal has become one of my all time favorite super heroes in just a few months too, I love the dynamics between him and Batman. I needa get into some Justice League books for real!
Yeah, I finished Agent Orange, Larfleeze is awesome. I also just read GL: Brightest Day and he was hilarious in that. Now I'm going back and reading the Blackest Night stuff, I read Brightest Day first because my local library had those in before Blackest Night.

THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2 8/10
GODZILLA 8/10
X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST 9/10
TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES 7.5/10
The Hunger Games: Mockingjay: Part 1, November 21

Avengers: Age of Ultron, May 1
Jurassic World, June 12
Ant-Man, July 31
The Fantastic Four, August 7
The Hunger Games: Mockingjay: Part 2, November 20
Star Wars, Episode VII: The Force Awakens, December 18
flash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 05:11 PM   #28
trustyside-kick
The Marine Marvel

I got a feeling that the new GL is going to be a criminal who somehow gets a ring.

trustyside-kick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 05:35 PM   #29
Colossal Spoons
Gotterdammerung

Did GL#12 come out this week?

Old 08-09-2012, 05:40 PM   #30
HighFivingMF
Welp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colossal Spoons View Post
Did GL#12 come out this week?
No.

Old 08-09-2012, 05:46 PM   #31
Colossal Spoons
Gotterdammerung

Thanks, didn't think so

Old 08-09-2012, 09:43 PM   #32
Maximus One
Oddball

Quote:
Originally Posted by flash13 View Post
Yeah, I finished Agent Orange, Larfleeze is awesome. I also just read GL: Brightest Day and he was hilarious in that. Now I'm going back and reading the Blackest Night stuff, I read Brightest Day first because my local library had those in before Blackest Night.
Haha! You know what's funny? The day I bought Agent Orange the only other book I could find was Brightest Day so I read them exactly like that as well. Larfleeze is great. I loved how he kept whining about Hammond eating his lantern lol

"Police are under the bridge demanding that I at least turn back into Rick Moranis"

- Rob Sonic
Old 08-10-2012, 04:32 PM   #33
HELL N' SPIDERS
Spider with a Power Ring

Speaking of which^^ where is Hammond? I really want him back.

I have completed my trades list! I have all the green lantern trades since rebirth! All in hardcover except for Sinestro corps war. Can't wait for the Absolute Edition for it.

"The Safe-Word Is Pumpkin"

The Spider With a Power Ring
HELL N' SPIDERS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 04:56 PM   #34
HighFivingMF
Welp.

Last we saw Hammond he was possessed by Ophidian. But I think he was referenced in Justice League.

Old 08-10-2012, 06:02 PM   #35
Maximus One
Oddball

I freaking loved him being possessed by Ophidian. It was so cool, I don't see why people say Brightest Day sucked, I liked it. Left me wanting more though, what picks up right after Brightest Day? War of The Green Lanterns??

Old 08-10-2012, 06:08 PM   #36
HighFivingMF
Welp.

Quote:
I freaking loved him being possessed by Ophidian. It was so cool, I don't see why people say Brightest Day sucked, I liked it. Left me wanting more though, what picks up right after Brightest Day? War of The Green Lanterns??
I'm not sure what was collected into the Green Lantern Brightest Day book. How does it end?

Old 08-10-2012, 06:16 PM   #37
Maximus One
Oddball

Ummm I think Krona whips everyone's asses controlling all the entities and the Justice League confronts Hal about working with Sinestro, Atrocitus and Larfleeze. And Hal kinda just dips out on them while they are telling him to let them help him. That's basically it I think

Old 08-10-2012, 06:24 PM   #38
HighFivingMF
Welp.

Quote:
Ummm I think Krona whips everyone's asses controlling all the entities and the Justice League confronts Hal about working with Sinestro, Atrocitus and Larfleeze. And Hal kinda just dips out on them while they are telling him to let them help him. That's basically it I think
Then yeah. War is next.

Old 08-10-2012, 06:32 PM   #39
Maximus One
Oddball

And how many volumes are there in it? I never realized how many damn different books there are to Blackest Night

Old 08-10-2012, 06:35 PM   #40
HighFivingMF
Welp.

Quote:
And how many volumes are there in it? I never realized how many damn different books there are to Blackest Night
There's just the one. And an Aftermath book, but that's in Green Lantern Corps and Emerald Warriors. So if you're just reading the main Green Lantern book you have nothing to worry about.

Old 08-10-2012, 06:40 PM   #41
HELL N' SPIDERS
Spider with a Power Ring

Yeah to get the full Green Lantern story during blackest night you have to buy both "Blackest Night" and "Blackest Night:Green Lantern" or else there are whiles in Hals story.

Old 08-10-2012, 06:45 PM   #42
Maximus One
Oddball

Yea those are the two I need. I have Black Lantern Corps and Blackest Night: GLC

Old 08-10-2012, 06:45 PM   #43
BigSams50
J! E! T! S! JETS!

Johns has had a great run on GL. I remember how i was when i first started reading his work. Its what got me back into comics

Old 08-10-2012, 06:49 PM   #44
Maximus One
Oddball

That's exactly what it's doing to me. I'm getting really interested in the DCU now cuz of Green Lantern and Johns books. I wanna get into some of the Flash, Superman and JL stuff too but all I buy usually is trades and they get pretty expensive

Old 08-10-2012, 07:09 PM   #45
BigSams50
J! E! T! S! JETS!

Quote:
That's exactly what it's doing to me. I'm getting really interested in the DCU now cuz of Green Lantern and Johns books. I wanna get into some of the Flash, Superman and JL stuff too but all I buy usually is trades and they get pretty expensive
They can get expensive. Since i live in Greece, i have to buy mine digitally. Moneys been a little tight lately though. I've been forced to drop alot of titles. You should check out Aquaman btw, Johns is writing it, and its been very good so far. I've never read an Aquaman book before the new 52, but Johns has me intrigued

Old 08-10-2012, 07:17 PM   #46
Maximus One
Oddball

I dunno, Aquaman has just always been a character I've never had any interest in but yea I have been hearing lots of good things. After I finish getting my GL collection to a satisfactory level I'm just gonna concentrate on the ones I named. I really need to read some of the classic Superman books. I know plenty about him and his whole world but have never read one single arc. Just random issues. Red Son sounds really cool and I've heard the Lex Luthor book is really good as well

Old 08-10-2012, 07:30 PM   #47
BigSams50
J! E! T! S! JETS!

Quote:
I dunno, Aquaman has just always been a character I've never had any interest in but yea I have been hearing lots of good things. After I finish getting my GL collection to a satisfactory level I'm just gonna concentrate on the ones I named. I really need to read some of the classic Superman books. I know plenty about him and his whole world but have never read one single arc. Just random issues. Red Son sounds really cool and I've heard the Lex Luthor book is really good as well
The only Superman arcs i've read have been The Death and Return of Superman, and the New 52. lol As for Aquaman, I had the same thought at first. I never really cared for the character. Then i figured what the hell, Johns is writing it, i'll give it a few issues. Man has that been good ahaaha

Old 08-11-2012, 01:35 AM   #48
TheCorpulent1
Mabel's BFF
SHH! Global Moderator

Hmm. I guess statistically the New 52 had to be appealing to someone, judging from the sales numbers. Personally, I'm dropping more and more of DC's comics lately while others among the few I still read are getting canned soon (alas, poor Resurrection Man ).

Old 08-11-2012, 03:27 AM   #49
HELL N' SPIDERS
Spider with a Power Ring

I have a feeling that The Flash might get canned too. Its just kinda boring to read.

Old 08-11-2012, 03:51 AM   #50
TheCorpulent1
Mabel's BFF
SHH! Global Moderator

Haha, no it's not. Even if it were considered boring by the general public, which its sales indicate it's not, DiDio and Johns have a personal interest in promoting Barry. That series is sticking around for the long haul.