The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Comic Books > DC Comics

Old 08-11-2012, 03:44 AM   #51
BigSams50
J! E! T! S! JETS!

Default Re: The Official Green Lantern Thread III: Brighter! Greener! Shinier! Lantern...ier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCorpulent1 View Post
Hmm. I guess statistically the New 52 had to be appealing to someone, judging from the sales numbers. Personally, I'm dropping more and more of DC's comics lately while others among the few I still read are getting canned soon (alas, poor Resurrection Man ).
I think I read somewhere that I,Vampire was close to getting canned. Thats one of the few books i still follow

Old 08-11-2012, 09:18 AM   #52
HighFivingMF
Welp.

Default Re: The Official Green Lantern Thread III: Brighter! Greener! Shinier! Lantern...ier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HELL N' SPIDERS View Post
I have a feeling that The Flash might get canned too. Its just kinda boring to read.

Old 08-11-2012, 09:24 AM   #53
Lord
All Mighty

The Flash was kind of boring in the begining, it had and still has a good story but it was a little boring, now it's cool but they're focusing too much on events that happened during the boring period for most of the things that are happening right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by childeroland View Post
Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Lord is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 09:25 AM   #54
HighFivingMF
Welp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord View Post
The Flash was kind of boring in the begining, it had and still has a good story but it was a little boring, now it's cool but they're focusing too much on events that happened during the boring period for most of the things that are happening right now.

Old 08-11-2012, 09:45 AM   #55
Lord
All Mighty

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFivingMF View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by childeroland View Post
Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Lord is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 12:56 PM   #56
flash13
Wally West

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eklypze View Post
That's exactly what it's doing to me. I'm getting really interested in the DCU now cuz of Green Lantern and Johns books. I wanna get into some of the Flash, Superman and JL stuff too but all I buy usually is trades and they get pretty expensive
For The Flash I highly suggest Geoff John's Wally West run. The first trade is called Wonderland and it goes up to Rogue War which is pretty awesome. There's also three omnibus' collecting the whole run. It's the run that got me into comics in a big way.

THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2 8.5/10
GODZILLA 8/10
X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST 9/10
Guardians of the Galaxy, August 1
The Hunger Games: Mockingjay: Part 1, November 21

Avengers: Age of Ultron, May 1
Jurassic World, June 12
The Fantastic Four, June 19
Ant-Man, July 31
Assassin's Creed, August 7

The Hunger Games: Mockingjay: Part 2, November 20
Star Wars: Episode VII, December 18
flash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 02:11 PM   #57
Maximus One
Oddball

Thanks man!

Maximus One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 04:50 PM   #58
MMMMM...Pancakes
SHOCK The World

Quote:
Originally Posted by flash13 View Post
For The Flash I highly suggest Geoff John's Wally West run. The first trade is called Wonderland and it goes up to Rogue War which is pretty awesome. There's also three omnibus' collecting the whole run. It's the run that got me into comics in a big way.
Did they re-release the Geoff Johns trades? I'm missing a few from my collection and last I checked they were out of print.

I had to pick up Blitz in single issues because of this, people online were asking ridiculous prices for the tpb.

***Wrestling Thread Crew***
MMMMM...Pancakes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 05:21 PM   #59
flash13
Wally West

I know that Wonderland and Blood Will Run have gotten re-releases recently. Blitz seems to be the major one Amazon is missing, but it is collected in volume 2 of the omnibus.
http://www.amazon.com/Flash-Omnibus-...sh+geoff+johns

THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2 8.5/10
GODZILLA 8/10
X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST 9/10
Guardians of the Galaxy, August 1
The Hunger Games: Mockingjay: Part 1, November 21

Avengers: Age of Ultron, May 1
Jurassic World, June 12
The Fantastic Four, June 19
Ant-Man, July 31
Assassin's Creed, August 7

The Hunger Games: Mockingjay: Part 2, November 20
Star Wars: Episode VII, December 18
flash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 07:42 PM   #60
Hush
Wee Little Puppet Man

The Flash is pretty awesome, it has the best art other than Aquaman of the re-launch.

Avvy by Hunter Rider.
Hush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 07:39 PM   #61
Maximus One
Oddball

Which issue is Green Lantern on currently? Just bought 9,10 and 11 and gotta say I'm digging what I red. I'm gonna get all the issues of GL, GLC, RL and NG here the next couple weeks. I'm loving what I've read so far now just gotta check out New Guardians and GLC. Really dug what I read of the stuff about the Indigo Tribe

Old 08-13-2012, 08:32 PM   #62
JewishHobbit
The Hebrew Halfling

So the Third Army story coming up. Is it an actual crossover or can you buy each series individually? I'm only reading Green Lantern and really don't want to lay down an additional $9 for the other books if I don't have to. The solicits make it sound like they're individual but I was curious if there'd been any official announcement about it in an interview or something.

BRADFORDCOMBS.TK
and
AUTHORBRADFORDCOMBS.BLOGSPOT.COM
JewishHobbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 08:53 PM   #63
RoughNTumble
i m not desperate

i wouldn't buy red lanterns with a gun to my head

imo

Make mine DC, if you please.

every1 says im 2 aloof but idc
RoughNTumble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 09:13 PM   #64
HighFivingMF
Welp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JewishHobbit View Post
So the Third Army story coming up. Is it an actual crossover or can you buy each series individually? I'm only reading Green Lantern and really don't want to lay down an additional $9 for the other books if I don't have to. The solicits make it sound like they're individual but I was curious if there'd been any official announcement about it in an interview or something.
They said you don't need them.

Old 08-13-2012, 09:22 PM   #65
Maximus One
Oddball

I'm really digging Red Lanterns. I guess I'm just not hard to please

Old 08-13-2012, 09:25 PM   #66
Scarecrow_King
King of Swinging Moods

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFivingMF View Post
They said you don't need them.
But companies always say you don't need to read all the cross overs and tie-ins to events. But you usually do.

Old 08-13-2012, 10:37 PM   #67
JewishHobbit
The Hebrew Halfling

And that's exactly what I'm worried about. Like they're all individual and then there's a final issue that brings it all together and if you haven't been reading all the books you don't quite know what's all happening.

BRADFORDCOMBS.TK
and
AUTHORBRADFORDCOMBS.BLOGSPOT.COM
JewishHobbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 08:30 AM   #68
Colossal Spoons
Gotterdammerung

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eklypze View Post
I'm really digging Red Lanterns. I guess I'm just not hard to please
I'm enjoying that book a hell of a lot more than The Flash

Old 08-14-2012, 11:14 AM   #69
HELL N' SPIDERS
Spider with a Power Ring

^ me too. I officially dropped flash when he entered the speed force...meh.

"The Safe-Word Is Pumpkin"

The Spider With a Power Ring
HELL N' SPIDERS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 11:21 AM   #70
Colossal Spoons
Gotterdammerung

Barry. Entertaining as usual

Old 08-14-2012, 12:15 PM   #71
Cain
"West West Y'all"

This Barry is much better than the one we had before the new 52 and even though I have enjoyed Red Lanterns there is no way that it's touching The Flash in terms of quality.

Pull list: Saga, Thief of Thieves, The Manhattan Projects, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Harbinger, X-O Manowar, Archer & Armstrong, Shadowman, Green Lantern, Red Lanterns, Justice League 3000, Action Comics, Superman/Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Batman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Red Hood & The Outlaws, Swamp Thing, All-Star Western, Earth 2, Daredevil, All-New X-Men
Cain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 06:29 PM   #72
Maximus One
Oddball

So is number 12 the newest issue? I just read it, awesome stuff. I don't wanna say anything though because I'm not sure if it just came out today or what

Old 08-15-2012, 07:09 PM   #73
Cain
"West West Y'all"

GL & GLC #12 came out today I read them and all it made me realize is that I'm gonna fall back on the GL books till this third army stuff comes and goes.

GL has felt too much like event after event for too long. I was enjoying this current volume cause at first they went with finally regrounding Hal Jordan for a bit after Sinestro Corps War, Rainbow Wars and Blackest Night had him all over the epic front for a while.

By having Sinestro be GL it took a nice twist but then boom lo and behold after about 3 minutes Sinestro creates a ring for Jordan and off they go. It dropped in quality but was alright till now cause it's feeling way too decompressed. So much for "we're no longer writing for the trade". GLC on the other hand was cool by me cause I always hated the alpha lanterns but it'll also be occupied with the third army stuff for some time on it's own.

Pull list: Saga, Thief of Thieves, The Manhattan Projects, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Harbinger, X-O Manowar, Archer & Armstrong, Shadowman, Green Lantern, Red Lanterns, Justice League 3000, Action Comics, Superman/Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Batman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Red Hood & The Outlaws, Swamp Thing, All-Star Western, Earth 2, Daredevil, All-New X-Men

Last edited by Cain; 08-15-2012 at 07:13 PM.
Cain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 08:02 PM   #74
RoughNTumble
i m not desperate

GL's drama has been musical rings for a while

but it's the only johns title I'm still enjoying atm

Make mine DC, if you please.

every1 says im 2 aloof but idc
RoughNTumble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 10:09 PM   #75
Maximus One
Oddball

The only GL books I haven't read since the relaunch are the first 5 with Sinestro and Hal grounded. But , what I have read, 6-12, I thought was damn good. Felt that it could have been fleshed out s bit, I dig the Indigo Tribe, and the whole idea behind them couples with Abin Sur's part in their creation for the most part I've felt it's top notch. I need to get some issues of GLC and get acquainted with what's going on in that book. I still haven't read Blackest Night or War of the GLs but I have read Brightest Day and I do know the basics of what happened. I kinda Sinestro being a GL again is weird as hell but I dig him and Hal teaming up like they have been. I'm pretty excited about all the Third Army talk, I haven't read up much but have they released any pics or info about exactly what The Third Army is gonna be?