The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Comic Books > DC Comics

Old 08-16-2012, 06:30 AM   #76
BigSams50
J! E! T! S! JETS!

Default Re: The Official Green Lantern Thread III: Brighter! Greener! Shinier! Lantern...ier.

http://multiversitycomics.com/wp-con...Third-Army.jpg

That is a promo pic for the event. I'm not really sure how I feel about it. I dont like how the Guardians are kind of evil now. But i will be giving the event a chance

GL 12 was ok.
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Not sure how i feel about Hal Jordan being the Greatest BL.
But we will see.

Old 08-16-2012, 09:00 AM   #77
Maximus One
Oddball

Default Re: The Official Green Lantern Thread III: Brighter! Greener! Shinier! Lantern...ier.

Yea as soon as it showed Black Hand's reaction and the last bit was cut off I knew that's exactly what it said. I dunno what to think about that either. Definitely an interesting development though

Maximus One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 09:17 AM   #78
BigSams50
J! E! T! S! JETS!

I have just gotten tired with Jordan wearing all the different rings. I like him as GREEN lantern. I have a feeling it will be something along the lines of Hal becoming a black lantern, and then Resurrecting all the past lanterns who have died to defeat the 3rd Army

Old 08-16-2012, 11:20 AM   #79
Cain
"West West Y'all"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSams50 View Post
I have just gotten tired with Jordan wearing all the different rings. I like him as GREEN lantern. I have a feeling it will be something along the lines of Hal becoming a black lantern, and then Resurrecting all the past lanterns who have died to defeat the 3rd Army

That's another reason I'm taking a break from the book for a while.

Pull list: Saga, Thief of Thieves, The Manhattan Projects, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Harbinger, X-O Manowar, Archer & Armstrong, Shadowman, Green Lantern, Red Lanterns, Justice League 3000, Action Comics, Superman/Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Batman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Red Hood & The Outlaws, Swamp Thing, All-Star Western, Earth 2, Daredevil, All-New X-Men
Cain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 02:34 PM   #80
BigSams50
J! E! T! S! JETS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cain View Post
That's another reason I'm taking a break from the book for a while.
Its a little disappointing. Its been events over and over. Its like a never ending story. I liked it at first, but now its starting to become a bit too much

Old 08-16-2012, 02:50 PM   #81
Maximus One
Oddball

I dig it. It's like the Star Wars EU just in comics

Old 08-16-2012, 03:51 PM   #82
Cain
"West West Y'all"

Quote:
Its a little disappointing. Its been events over and over. Its like a never ending story. I liked it at first, but now its starting to become a bit too much

There has been no breather. Johns keeps stargating Hal and company from event to event to event. Sinestro Corps War is done? no bring on Red Lanterns, Red Lanterns are done? bring on Orange Lantern, that's done? Blackest Night but no we also need Brightest Day to complete the oath theme. War of the Green Lanterns? sure it's like damn man ever heard of a couple of stand alone issues? fleshing out the world? taking a pause?

If anything re-grounding everything like the first 2 issues of the current volume alluded to would've been a welcome refresher. But Johns just couldn't contain himself. He was itching for another "epic". I hate to be that guy but I miss Gerard Jones and Ron Marz.

Pull list: Saga, Thief of Thieves, The Manhattan Projects, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Harbinger, X-O Manowar, Archer & Armstrong, Shadowman, Green Lantern, Red Lanterns, Justice League 3000, Action Comics, Superman/Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Batman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Red Hood & The Outlaws, Swamp Thing, All-Star Western, Earth 2, Daredevil, All-New X-Men
Old 08-16-2012, 03:53 PM   #83
HighFivingMF
Welp.

Reads fine to me.

Old 08-16-2012, 03:59 PM   #84
Cain
"West West Y'all"

I'd prefer something with the pace of the beginning of Johns' post-Rebirth stuff on GL. Because at least back then he remembered that Hal has a supporting cast outside of the corps and other assorted aliens.

The book is just bordering on self parody right now. Like Johns going "want to see what I can come up with next?" for the sake of writing fanwank and not because it's the organic or more interesting direction to take the mythos in. It's like the guy has burned out creatively and can only depend on these type of tropes now.

Old 08-16-2012, 04:04 PM   #85
BigSams50
J! E! T! S! JETS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cain View Post
There has been no breather. Johns keeps stargating Hal and company from event to event to event. Sinestro Corps War is done? no bring on Red Lanterns, Red Lanterns are done? bring on Orange Lantern, that's done? Blackest Night but no we also need Brightest Day to complete the oath theme. War of the Green Lanterns? sure it's like damn man ever heard of a couple of stand alone issues? fleshing out the world? taking a pause?

If anything re-grounding everything like the first 2 issues of the current volume alluded to would've been a welcome refresher. But Johns just couldn't contain himself. He was itching for another "epic". I hate to be that guy but I miss Gerard Jones and Ron Marz.
GL could definitely use a few stand alone issues. I thought for sure when the new 52 started, and Sinestro was GL, we were going to get simpler stories, but ones that were more character driven. Not just non stop action. I would have loved to have seen Sinestro as Gl, and Hal adjusting to life without the ring.

And i actually liked Ron Marz. I have read every issue of his Kyle run. Loved every minute of it.

Old 08-16-2012, 04:24 PM   #86
Lord
All Mighty

When is this new big storyline about the 3rd army going to begin? And how long will it be?

Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Lord is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 11:19 PM   #87
MMMMM...Pancakes
SHOCK The World

A question directed at everyone that posts here...Who would you like to see follow Johns when his run is over?

MMMMM...Pancakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 11:48 PM   #88
RoughNTumble
i m not desperate

hickman

Make mine DC, if you please.

every1 says im 2 aloof but idc
RoughNTumble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 12:10 AM   #89
MMMMM...Pancakes
SHOCK The World

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoughNTumble View Post
hickman
Excellent choice! Hickman could do some crazy **** on GL.

***Wrestling Thread Crew***

Last edited by MMMMM...Pancakes; 08-17-2012 at 02:35 AM.
MMMMM...Pancakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 03:21 AM   #90
Assassin
Detroit's Reckoning

Some speculation on why I don't think this new GL will be a bad guy, if he is, not for very long. Geoff Johns has just been announced as a guest at a local comic shop here in Michigan. It's the week issue #0 comes out which is an origin story for the new GL right? It's going to be in Dearborn which is a huge Arab American city. I think there are more Arabs there than any other city in the USA. The next day he's being presented with something (they haven't announced details yet) at the Arab American National Museum.

They wouldn't be doing all of that if he created another stereotypical Arab villain would they? Also, I know he's Lebanese so I don't think he would do that because of his heritage either.

Old 08-17-2012, 04:52 AM   #91
BigSams50
J! E! T! S! JETS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMMMM...Dounuts View Post
A question directed at everyone that posts here...Who would you like to see follow Johns when his run is over?
Ron Marz and Kyle Rayner heads the book again

Old 08-17-2012, 05:03 AM   #92
Lord
All Mighty

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoughNTumble View Post
hickman
If by that time Hickman is done with Marvel i wouldn't mind, he's done some great stories but i don't think Geoff Johns will call quit anytime soon.

Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Lord is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 08:16 AM   #93
CConn
Fountainhead of culture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFivingMF View Post
Reads fine to me.
Yeah, I haven't had a problem with GL in a long while.

Honestly, I think his Sinstro story and Secret of the Indigo Tribe were two of the better arcs he's written in a while.

Old 08-17-2012, 12:30 PM   #94
Young Superman
The Last Son of Krypton

Quote:
http://multiversitycomics.com/wp-con...Third-Army.jpg

That is a promo pic for the event. I'm not really sure how I feel about it. I dont like how the Guardians are kind of evil now. But i will be giving the event a chance
I'm not sure how I feel about it either.

Old 08-17-2012, 01:22 PM   #95
Maximus One
Oddball

That new GL looks like he gas Arabic on his arm

Old 08-17-2012, 01:59 PM   #96
Assassin
Detroit's Reckoning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eklypze View Post
That new GL looks like he gas Arabic on his arm
he does, I had my dad translate it for me. he said it means courage or brave

Old 08-17-2012, 02:11 PM   #97
trustyside-kick
The Marine Marvel

Kinda sucks that I don't care as much about the current GL stuff as I used to. Is this John's last arc for GL by the way? The Third Army stuff.

trustyside-kick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 03:27 PM   #98
HighFivingMF
Welp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trustyside-kick View Post
Kinda sucks that I don't care as much about the current GL stuff as I used to. Is this John's last arc for GL by the way? The Third Army stuff.
Nope, he said he had 2 more years planned out a couple months ago.

Old 08-17-2012, 05:10 PM   #99
BigSams50
J! E! T! S! JETS!

2 more years planned? If true i hope he has good stories, and not just ones that he half assed. I just hope to god, that Hal doesnt keep switching rings.

Old 08-17-2012, 08:40 PM   #100
Maximus One
Oddball

Hahaha read GL #12 yet?? Lol