The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Old 09-08-2013, 11:24 PM   #351
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Default Re: Christopher Eccleston is playing Malekith

So if that's the case, I wonder who would win between King Thor (who's inherited the Odinforce) and Thanos (with the infinity Gauntlet).

herolee10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 11:38 PM   #352
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
So if that's the case, I wonder who would win between King Thor (who's inherited the Odinforce) and Thanos (with the infinity Gauntlet).
lol obviously the Infinity Gauntlet. But without it, I think King Thor takes Thanos. And Rune King Thor destroys Thanos

Old 09-09-2013, 12:13 AM   #353
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
As awesome as Thor is, and he is, I don't want him to be a threat to Thanos by himself. Thanos is supposed to be the biggest badass in the universe, so it should take EVERYONE just to slow him down a little.
Thor definately shouldn't defeat Thanos by himself, but he is the single biggest threat to Thanos on The Avengers. He definately should register as a threat to Thanos and even put up a good fight before being overwhelmed.

I'm talking about regular Thanos in this instance, not with the Infinity Gauntlet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
Actually, He never has put Thor down, that's a fact.. For sure. The thing is though dude, every time Thor has fought Thanos, he has been powered up with some type of articfact, iirc. He fought with two artifacts an apparent re-continued Thanos' clone, (Starlin decided to make it a clone, since he was probably unhappy with the Story, but it was Thanos, screw that) So it's tough to say..which is why my conclusion was by Thanos' feats, not by any of their particular fights. Sorry for not making that clear.

But Thanos has killed the silver surfer in 7 punches, not sure if you've seen that one, but he killed him. He also one shot a former herald of Galactus.

It really is tough to say, cause I think Thor is more versatile than Thanos, Thanos is just too durable to really be hurt, which is why I think he'd wear him down, physically. Have you read all of Blood and Thunder? Thor was insane, blood lusted, and he had the power gem as well. He toreeeee through Bill, Surfer, the Infinity Watch, and it was freakin awesome to see Thor destroy a small planetoid thing as collateral from Striking bill so hard.

Don't forget, the Thor that Thanos froze with that gun, was the one who had the power gem, and tore through Beta Ray Bill, Silver Surfer, Strange, The Infinity Watch, without even really being hurt. He was a monster. Took out the Surfer in two attacks. This Thor was very amped, and he and Thanos brawled evenly until Thanos "grew weary", the fact that Thanos physically went toe to toe with a psychotic Thor, who had the power gem, is what lead me to conclude that under their own power, with no power ups, he'd physically take down Thor.

In terms off offensive power, it's tough, cause Thor holds back A LOT. I think he is honestly more powerful than the Silver Surfer. I don't care that Bill and the Surfer Held back. Holding back doesn't make you less durable, and Thor almost killed Beta Ray bill in a few shots.

Thor going all out (all his powers, to maximum extent) is probably closer, offensively to Thanos than it appears, in fact, I would say they are probably relatively close. But I think Thanos is physically superior, and his durability, and his mind, is what would give him a large advantage over Thor.

Just my opinion.
Well said bro, as usual you give very satisfying responses and I totally agree with this entire post.

Quote:
lol obviously the Infinity Gauntlet. But without it, I think King Thor takes Thanos. And Rune King Thor destroys Thanos
A better match would be Rune King Thor vs Thanos with the Infinity Guantlet.

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*

Last edited by BigThor; 09-09-2013 at 12:21 AM.
BigThor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 12:21 AM   #354
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
A better match would be Rune King Thor vs Thanos with the Infinity Guantlet.
I don't think so, Thanos with the Infinity Gauntlet defeated Eternity, and made Galactus, and the rest of the Abstracts run with their tails between their legs lol. But it was a weapon that gave him that power.

That's what I loved about Rune King Thor. He was SOOO powerful, but it wasn't through some artifact. He went so far to learn the full power of the Odinforce, and then mastered the Rune Magic. I remember him getting pummeled by Mangog every single time they fought. So seeing him stop Mangog dead in his tracks, and just float there while Mangog pounded away, to literally ZERO effect was awesome, and when he essentially destroyed Mangog with but a gesture of his hand, made me fist pump the first time I read it lol

Even Surtur himself seemed to openly admit inferiority.

Old 09-09-2013, 12:22 AM   #355
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
I don't think so, Thanos with the Infinity Gauntlet defeated Eternity, and made Galactus, and the rest of the Abstracts run with their tails between their legs lol. But it was a weapon that gave him that power.

That's what I loved about Rune King Thor. He was SOOO powerful, but it wasn't through some artifact. He went so far to learn the full power of the Odinforce, and then mastered the Rune Magic. I remember him getting pummeled by Mangog every single time they fought. So seeing him stop Mangog dead in his tracks, and just float there while Mangog pounded away, to literally ZERO effect was awesome, and when he essentially destroyed Mangog with but a gesture of his hand, made me fist pump the first time I read it lol

Even Surtur himself seemed to openly admit inferiority.
Yeah I didn't say he would win, it would just be a MUCH better match than regular King Thor versus Thanos with the IG.

Spider-Man - Hear what?
Old 09-09-2013, 12:41 AM   #356
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Yeah I didn't say he would win, it would just be a MUCH better match than regular King Thor versus Thanos with the IG.
It's tough to say, all I can say for sure is that Thor at the time was vastly more powerful than Odin. His appearance was very brief unfortunately :/.

I would love to SOMEHOW see him again, but I doubt it will ever happen again. Which makes sense, not a whole lot you can do with Thor's mythology when he is that powerful.

Anyway, back to Malekith lol Do you think his motives are going to be Surtur related at all?

Old 09-09-2013, 12:49 AM   #357
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
It's tough to say, all I can say for sure is that Thor at the time was vastly more powerful than Odin. His appearance was very brief unfortunately :/.

I would love to SOMEHOW see him again, but I doubt it will ever happen again. Which makes sense, not a whole lot you can do with Thor's mythology when he is that powerful.

Anyway, back to Malekith lol Do you think his motives are going to be Surtur related at all?
I definately think Malekith's motives are gonna inluenced by Surtur to some extent, though I don't know how much. Like I've said before I think Surtur is the one who's going to turn Algrim into Kurse, which I deeply HOPE is true.

Spider-Man - Hear what?
Old 09-09-2013, 01:01 AM   #358
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
I definately think Malekith's motives are gonna inluenced by Surtur to some extent, though I don't know how much. Like I've said before I think Surtur is the one who's going to turn Algrim into Kurse, which I deeply HOPE is true.
I just hope it isn't Malekith, cause it seems too obvious. I do too think it is Surtur.

I had an idea. Since the character description talks about him making a sacrifice to become Kurse. I think it was you who I was speculating with, regarding if Krige's character would be Hela. That healer in the leaked footage was Krige but her role was said to be unrecognizable, so she must have more to her role. If she is Hela, and if somehow, Hela is in it, perhaps this "sacrifice" is death, and rebirth? He dies, goes to Hela's realm, and she returns him to life, with new power?

Surtur does sound cooler though.

Old 09-09-2013, 04:56 AM   #359
Godzilla2000
Undisputed Kaiju Queen

So I'm just curious for anyone that's ever read a comic issue with Malekith, are you pretty pleased with the retooling of the character?

- All I ask for is all that I already have.

- I bear no responsibility towards those who are the architects of their own problems. This is exactly what they've asked their willingly chosen slave drivers for...drama. So leave me out of it.
Godzilla2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 05:03 AM   #360
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla2000 View Post
So I'm just curious for anyone that's ever read a comic issue with Malekith, are you pretty pleased with the retooling of the character?

I have to admit, I kinda wanted him to be all glam rocked out like David Bowie circa his Ziggy StarDust days. But that may not have been as cool to see live action as it is in my imagination. I just want him to be a powerful master of "magic".

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.
KRYPTON INC. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 05:37 AM   #361
Godzilla2000
Undisputed Kaiju Queen

Can we keep this chat about Malekith or Christopher Eccleston? There is a general Thor chat thread somewhere in here.

- I bear no responsibility towards those who are the architects of their own problems. This is exactly what they've asked their willingly chosen slave drivers for...drama. So leave me out of it.
Old 09-09-2013, 08:45 AM   #362
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
I just hope it isn't Malekith, cause it seems too obvious. I do too think it is Surtur.

I had an idea. Since the character description talks about him making a sacrifice to become Kurse. I think it was you who I was speculating with, regarding if Krige's character would be Hela. That healer in the leaked footage was Krige but her role was said to be unrecognizable, so she must have more to her role. If she is Hela, and if somehow, Hela is in it, perhaps this "sacrifice" is death, and rebirth? He dies, goes to Hela's realm, and she returns him to life, with new power?

Surtur does sound cooler though.
Same here, I really would like to see Hela and her realm this time in all it's undead glory. I'm with you on Algrim transforming by dying and going to Hel then being transformed into Kurse, I'd be very pleased to see that on film.

Of course I'd rather see Surturs as Kurse's benefactor, but Hela would definitely do as well.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
I have to admit, I kinda wanted him to be all glam rocked out like David Bowie circa his Ziggy StarDust days. But that may not have been as cool to see live action as it is in my imagination. I just want him to be a powerful master of "magic".
I'm very pleased with the live action version of Malekith we're getting, imo in the comics Malekith is unimpressive and very non threatening. So I'm pleased to see a version of Maleth who's extremely powerful, threatening, and actually looks like a hardcore super villain.

Spider-Man - Hear what?

Last edited by BigThor; 09-09-2013 at 08:53 AM.
Old 09-09-2013, 08:51 AM   #363
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Double post

Spider-Man - Hear what?
Old 09-09-2013, 08:56 AM   #364
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Plus, it's nice to see Thor take on someone that isn't Loki for once. Every other major MCU hero already has an established rogues gallery, but most of Thor's bouts with villains have been with Loki thus far.

Old 09-09-2013, 09:15 AM   #365
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Plus, it's nice to see Thor take on someone that isn't Loki for once. Every other major MCU hero already has an established rogues gallery, but most of Thor's bouts with villains have been with Loki thus far.
Yep in some shape or form he's always gone up against Loki's, however Iron Man is the only MCU with a. established rogues gallery.

Right now Thor's includes Laufey, The Destroyer, and Loki

Spider-Man - Hear what?
Old 09-09-2013, 09:20 AM   #366
Godzilla2000
Undisputed Kaiju Queen

Quote:
Oh I agree with you! I like Loki but seriously too much overuse of the character is very very bad. It's really nice to have a villain who is just as much a threat or even more so in the magic department. Plus it doesn't hurt that he's being played by a former Doctor Who actor. That never hurts my fondness for a performer and performance IE: Sylvester McCoy as Radagast the Brown. My liking of Doctor Who started in the 80's with the Fourth Doctor by the way.

Quote:
Yep in some shape or form he's always gone up against Loki's, however Iron Man is the only MCU with a. established rogues gallery.

One which is dead, the other presumed discombobulated, leaving Loki the only one of the three still functioning at this point in time.

Last edited by Godzilla2000; 09-09-2013 at 09:26 AM.
Old 09-09-2013, 09:24 AM   #367
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:

lol; well I mean, at least Captain America, Hulk, and Iron Man have had major villains to go up against other than Loki.

And I really wouldn't count the Destroyer as a real "villain" within the context of the MCU since he was just a mindless machine that followed Loki's orders.

And Thor only interacted with Laufey once and didn't even go toe to toe with him.

I was talking more along the lines of villains that Thor would encounter several times and actually fight with.

Old 09-09-2013, 09:29 AM   #368
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
lol; well I mean, at least Captain America, Hulk, and Iron Man have had major villains to go up against other than Loki.

And I really wouldn't count the Destroyer as a real "villain" within the context of the MCU since he was just a mindless machine that followed Loki's orders.

And Thor only interacted with Laufey once and didn't even go toe to toe with him.

I was talking more along the lines of villains that Thor would encounter several times and actually fight with.
I understand not counting The Destroyer as a villain but Laufey certainly a villain whether he went toe to toe with Loki or not. As for you point about Cap and Hunlk yeah they have villain's other than Loki that's because he's not one of there individual villains.

Captain America only has Red Skull, Hulk only has Blonsky and I guess General Ross so it's
not like Thor's being shafted by only having two villains so fact.

Spider-Man - Hear what?

Last edited by BigThor; 09-09-2013 at 09:35 AM.
Old 09-09-2013, 09:48 AM   #369
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
I understand not counting The Destroyer as a villain but Laufey certainly a villain whether he went toe to toe with Loki or not. As for you point about Cap and Hunlk yeah they have villain's other than Loki that's because he's not one of there individual villains.

Captain America only has Red Skull, Hulk only has Blonsky and I guess General Ross so it's
not like Thor's being shafted by only having two villains so fact.
Well the general point is that those heroes have been given a chance to interact with other villains in general, more so than Thor has been able to since Loki was the main villain again for the Avengers, who was meeting everyone else for the first time.

Old 09-09-2013, 10:14 AM   #370
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
I am glad he is getting a power up. I do admit, I would have liked to see thr glam rocker. Well, atleast flowing hair instead of a pony tail, but I got nothing really to complain about.

Old 09-09-2013, 10:16 AM   #371
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
One which is dead, the other presumed discombobulated, leaving Loki the only one of the three still functioning at this point in time.
If you wanna go that route, ALL of Iron Man's villains except for Justin Hammer are dead.

Quote:
Well the general point is that those heroes have been given a chance to interact with other villains in general, more so than Thor has been able to since Loki was the main villain again for the Avengers, who was meeting everyone else for the first time.
I understand, but they've only met one villain more than Thor though it's no bigger.

Spider-Man - Hear what?

Last edited by BigThor; 09-09-2013 at 10:26 AM.
Old 09-10-2013, 07:42 PM   #372
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Pretty sure it was BT who said it, but someone said something about Malekith not being deep, and just being bad. I like that. It's refreshing to have a villain who isn't layered, after we've gotten a lot of Loki. Malekith is just bad and badass. Sounds good.

Old 09-10-2013, 08:54 PM   #373
Loki882
Side-Kick

The problem with villains that are "just bad" is that they're boring and one-dimensional, at least for me, feel free to disagree. I want the bad guy to have SOMETHING more two him, beyond being a mustache-twirling psycho. That's the reason why my favorite villains tend to be more complex (Loki, Magneto, Doctor Doom, etc).

Loki882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 09:47 PM   #374
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
The problem with villains that are "just bad" is that they're boring and one-dimensional, at least for me, feel free to disagree. I want the bad guy to have SOMETHING more two him, beyond being a mustache-twirling psycho. That's the reason why my favorite villains tend to be more complex (Loki, Magneto, Doctor Doom, etc).
Sadly, the only Dr. Doom that we've gotten on the big screen was anything but "interesting".

Old 09-11-2013, 10:54 AM   #375
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Pretty sure it was BT who said it, but someone said something about Malekith not being deep, and just being bad. I like that. It's refreshing to have a villain who isn't layered, after we've gotten a lot of Loki. Malekith is just bad and badass. Sounds good.
Yep I was referring to Malekith's official character description where he was called "the cruel ruler of the Dark Evles". He sounds truely evil and sometimes I need a break from "misunderstood" bad guys and I just want a villain that make you hate them. I might get flack for this but I want Thor to "kill" Malekith, he's not Supes it's perfectly within his character to kill a villain he doesn't care about once they're a big enough threat.

Spider-Man - Hear what?