The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > DC Comics Films

Old 09-16-2012, 11:18 PM   #76
Changeling
Banned User

Default Re: Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatcher View Post
Dick Grayson was the Robin in that show.

Dick Grayson is the definitive leader of the Teen Titans.
i meant the 2003 series storyline featuring Tim Drake, Conner Kent, Cassie, and Bart in which they face Deathstroke

Changeling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 11:22 PM   #77
Changeling
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Superman View Post
@Captain Wonder, I also think Shelley Hennig could make a good young Diana in the Wonder Woman origin series the CW is developing 'Amazon'.

P.S Who would make a good Superboy (Kon-El)?

Josh Hutcherson

Old 09-17-2012, 07:32 PM   #78
TheWatcher
Dapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Changeling View Post
i meant the 2003 series storyline featuring Tim Drake, Conner Kent, Cassie, and Bart in which they face Deathstroke
Oh, my bad.

I have three reasons why the original characters should be used.

1. More recognizable.
2. You dont have to explain the whole generational thing(if you say they are the first generation of sidekicks you'll have a whole lot of people who are pissed off)
3. They are my favorites

-Christian Bale
TheWatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 09:35 PM   #79
Changeling
Banned User

Oh no i totally agree with you, Id rather see the originals for sure. Way down the line tho I really want to see Tim Drake on film.

Old 09-17-2012, 09:37 PM   #80
TheWatcher
Dapper

Save it for later though.

-Christian Bale
Old 09-17-2012, 09:44 PM   #81
Changeling
Banned User

Definitely. We desperately need to see Dick Grayson done right...
It's sad that Chris O'Donnels version is basically the definitive modern live action portrayal of Robin.

Ive said it a million times but EZRA MILLER FOR ROBIN!!

Old 09-17-2012, 09:46 PM   #82
Changeling
Banned User

Taylor Momsen would make a really good Cassie Sandsmark

Old 10-10-2012, 01:54 PM   #83
troiajax

Well in my opinion, the only lineup to go with is the most successful and longest running team.

the original lineup for the 1980 reboot:

-Robin
-Wonder Girl
-Kid Flash
-Cyborg
-Beast Boy
-Starfire
-Raven

The first movie starts with the introduction of Raven and her "recruiting" the rest of the team for the coming of Trigon.
This would allow each character a few minutes for backstory/origin establish ment.
There could be a battle with the Ravager as the team finds it's feet and learn to work together...and then the big fight with Trigon would be the climax.

my casting:

Robin-Logan Lerman
Wonder Girl-Dianna Agron
Kid Flash-Freddie Highmore or Dylan O'Brian
Cyborg-Gaius Charles
Changeling-Asa Butterfield or Dylan O'Brian(depending on what age they want Terra to be in the sequel)
Starfire-Emma Stone
Raven-Rooney Mara
grant/Ravager-Liam Hemsworth
Trigon-Titus Welliver

then the first sequel could be The Judas Contract storyline.

additional casting:
Terra-Elle Fanning or ChloŽ Grace Moretz
Jericho-Anton Yelchin
Slade/Deathstroke-Clive Owen

would love to hear feedback on my ideas

troiajax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 09:00 AM   #84
TheWatcher
Dapper

I saw Perks of being a Wallflower last night. Logan Lerman is a damn good actor, he should be Dick Grayson.

-Christian Bale
Old 10-14-2012, 11:12 AM   #85
DrCosmic
Professor of Power

Lerman is really good, look forward to seeing more of him in films.

Quote:
Originally Posted by troiajax View Post
would love to hear feedback on my ideas
I like your take in general, but I think 8 superheroes is too many to introduce and get people to care about. Sure you can give them each a three minute introduction, but that's not enough time to get people to care, and if they do, they probably won't still care by the time you get done introducing everyone and get on to your story.

I would just do the cartoon cast:
Robin, Cyborg, Beast Boy, Starfire, and Raven, against Trigon as you suggest, and tie him to each of them in a way. Then do the sequel adding the original cast: Wondergirl, Kid Flash, Aqualad, Speedy against Slade, Ravager, Jericho and Terra. Perhaps a third film with Dr. Light could be real interesting.

DrCosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 01:21 PM   #86
TheWatcher
Dapper

^I love your idea, in reverse.

It should be Robin,Wonder Girl,Kid Flash, Speedy, and Aqualad first. Then you add the rest.

-Christian Bale
Old 10-14-2012, 01:59 PM   #87
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

I won't be as interested if it doesn't involve Superboy but I'd still be up for an original line-up movie however I feel we'd get something more along the lines of the YJ team.

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
BH/HHH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 05:31 AM   #88
Young Superman
The Last Son of Krypton

A few years ago I think Sara Paxton would have made a good Wonder Girl (Cassie Sandsmark) She may be a little too old now though.

Old 11-01-2012, 09:31 PM   #89
cleverusername8
Or something like that

I would advise staying away from Superboy, Wonder Girl, Kid Flash, and Aqualad as the center of the story since they are so close to their adult counterparts in terms of their abilities and typical roles within the team. Not saying that they should be completely absent from a live action Teen Titans movie series, but for the starting line-up, one close to the cartoon would be best (Dick Grayson Robin, Starfire, Raven, Cyborg, and Beast Boy). Robin, of the sidekicks, offers the biggest difference between himself and his mentor as opposed to the earlier mentioned heroes. Then Starfire brings the sci-fi, Raven the fantasy, Cyborg the tech, and Beast Boy the comic relief/lovable animal guy. Then of course they could build off of recognition of the TV show and all that.

The tone of the movie doesn't have to be completely lighthearted. There is a big potential for a dark story especially if the story focuses on Raven or even Robin if they decide to handle his character in such a way. There'd definitely be a good deal of humor through Starfire's outlandish nature and hopefully the friendship between Cyborg and BB like in the cartoon. However I think this could pull a solid PG-13 rated action movie with a good plot and sense of danger.

Also, I would literally go watch this movie every weekend if they including the original Puffy Ami Yumi theme song in it somehow.

cleverusername8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 10:10 PM   #90
Changeling
Banned User

I have to completely agree with you. theres a risk of TT seeming too much like Justice League that way. Dick Grayson should be the only sidekick in the first movie, maybe Kid Flash too, setting up Barrys death and Wally taking up the mantle.

My team would be the team from the cartoon but maybe with Kid Flash in there too

Old 11-10-2012, 01:25 AM   #91
JB-the-Hunter
Hunter of weaklings

Robin (Dick), Starfire, Cyborg, Raven and Beast Boy should be the definitive base line-up. When most people think of Teen Titans that is who they think of, courtesy of the popular cartoon series. Not only that, but this line-up features characters completely unique from the Justice League which is good because who really wants to see Justice League: The Teenage Edition? It works in the comics and catoons, but I don't think having characters like Superboy/Wondergirl/Kid Flash would do too well in a film.

Bruce Banner - "Captain America is on threat watch?"

Natasha Romanoff - "We all are."
JB-the-Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 06:10 PM   #92
cleverusername8
Or something like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB-the-Hunter View Post
Robin (Dick), Starfire, Cyborg, Raven and Beast Boy should be the definitive base line-up. When most people think of Teen Titans that is who they think of, courtesy of the popular cartoon series. Not only that, but this line-up features characters completely unique from the Justice League which is good because who really wants to see Justice League: The Teenage Edition? It works in the comics and catoons, but I don't think having characters like Superboy/Wondergirl/Kid Flash would do too well in a film.
I used to think this as well but now that I've gotten into Young Justice (I've been marathon watching that show despite it being finals week at college >_<) I think they could do something with the "Jr Justice League" lineup. It should by no means be a straight up rip but a starting lineup of Robin (Grayson), Aqualad (Kalder), Kid Flash (Wally), Wonder Girl (Donna Troy), with Speedy potentially. Then the second movie could have some of the characters leave the team to make room for the TV lineup (BB, Cyborg, Starfire, Raven). Assuming they include it in the same universe as the Justice League movie, they could do the same thing YJ did and have the JL heroes alongside (the actors would have to be contracted for a buttload of movies but that could be doable since Sam L. Jackson was contracted for 8 or 9 iirc) the young ones for mentor ship.

Old 11-12-2012, 06:33 PM   #93
TheWatcher
Dapper

They should be a task of force of side-kicks that go from a bunch of moody teens who dislike each other to a true family.

-Christian Bale
Old 11-12-2012, 06:55 PM   #94
cleverusername8
Or something like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatcher View Post
They should be a task of force of side-kicks that go from a bunch of moody teens who dislike each other to a true family.
So... Young justice right?

And sorry to say it, but in order to attract the audience they're gonna have to have teen drama elements in the movie like with the TV show (romances, love triangles, ugh) I get so peeved when I look for AMVs of Young Justice or TT and instead I get a sappy pop song full of scenes with Robin + Starfire holding hands or KF + Artemis kissing. Makes me want to pull out my hair but if it brings in the cash, it's tolerable I guess.

Old 11-13-2012, 02:53 AM   #95
Juan1193
Side-Kick

I'd mix the line-ups from Young Justice and Teen Titans for a movie. Maybe use the more popular characters from those shows. Superboy, Wonder Girl, Aqualad and Blue Beetle from YJ and Robin, Raven, Starfire and Beastboy from Teen Titans. I doubt Cyborg would be used since he is now a JL'er and seems like a lock for a JL movie.

Juan1193 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 06:29 AM   #96
Malcolm Belmont
Side-Kick

Danielle Radcliffe would be awesome as Nightwing..

Malcolm Belmont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 06:30 AM   #97
Malcolm Belmont
Side-Kick

I would love to see a Teen Titans TV Show though..they could have it in the same universe as Arrow

Malcolm Belmont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 06:58 AM   #98
Lord
All Mighty

A live-action tv show about the teen titans would be something difficult, i still think a film would be the best way.

Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 08:08 PM   #99
TheWatcher
Dapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleverusername8 View Post
So... Young justice right?

And sorry to say it, but in order to attract the audience they're gonna have to have teen drama elements in the movie like with the TV show (romances, love triangles, ugh) I get so peeved when I look for AMVs of Young Justice or TT and instead I get a sappy pop song full of scenes with Robin + Starfire holding hands or KF + Artemis kissing. Makes me want to pull out my hair but if it brings in the cash, it's tolerable I guess.
Pretty much. It would use the line up from the Wolfman/Perez era.

-Christian Bale