Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Closed Thread

Old 11-01-2012, 07:28 AM   #326
elizah72
Side-Kick

Default Re: Tom Hiddleston: Loki Redux

Quote:
Originally Posted by metaphysician View Post
You know what, I'll say it outright: I hope they give Loki a redemption arc, and a spinoff movie of his own. Oh, he's never going to be liked or trusted again, but that doesn't mean he can't have some fun at the expense of someone deserving of it.
HELL YEAH!!!!

Quote:
Personally, I like the deleted scene where Loki isn't wearing a muzzle or chains. More expressive face. But I get why they did it in the end.

Offhand, I am going absolutely bats**t crazy for more set pics. AND THERE HAS TO BE LOKI.
It's been a while since I've looked at that, but I seem to remember he has more of a sad and sorry look on his face without the muzzle, which is interesting. He appears more sinister and maybe plotting his next move with it on. I'm ok with the muzzle on, it makes sense they'd want to shut him up and it's cool that it is a nod to the comics (I'd rather that than have them actually sew his lips shut! Ouchie!!!)

Old 11-01-2012, 09:50 AM   #327
Jenlet
Irritant

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizah72 View Post
(I'd rather that than have them actually sew his lips shut! Ouchie!!!)
Just got a gruesome visual hehe.

Old 11-01-2012, 10:21 AM   #328
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Oh, I know I've said that before. I'm more talking to the Avengers motivation for putting the muzzle on. They didnt just look it up in a Thor comic book and say, "hey that's a great idea, let's do something like that" they are trying to get him to shut up at this point. LOL Sometimes there is more than one reason for something.
Considering the muzzle seemed to be "Asgardian" Looking, I'd say Thor is the one who made the decision lol.

But i meant the reason for having it in the movie, not the reason for it in the plot lol

Old 11-01-2012, 10:24 AM   #329
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by metaphysician View Post
You know what, I'll say it outright: I hope they give Loki a redemption arc, and a spinoff movie of his own. Oh, he's never going to be liked or trusted again, but that doesn't mean he can't have some fun at the expense of someone deserving of it.
-_- lol oh you Loki fangirls. He won't get a spinoff. Not when Marvel has all these other more important movies to make, and other characters to introduce, Black Panther, Dr. Strange, Iron Fist, Luke Cage, Thor 3, Cap 3, and who ever else they want to introduce into the MCU, not to mention a phase 3 Hulk movie lol.

And if this movie is completely based of the arc in Simonson's run, and Surtur is fulling involved, then Loki probably will have his redemption arc, and then most likely be a minor character in Thor 3.

I hope Thor 3 is Jormungandu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenlet View Post
Just got a gruesome visual hehe.
It's a way of pg 13 I guess lol

I for one would have liked the sewing shut, its classic

Old 11-01-2012, 10:36 AM   #330
elizah72
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
Considering the muzzle seemed to be "Asgardian" Looking, I'd say Thor is the one who made the decision lol.
So, are you suggesting that Thor just happens to keep an Asgardian muzzle and handcuffs on him just in case he might find some *ahem* special use for them? Kinky Thor... very kinky... LOL Dont know where he hid them if he did. LOL

PG 13, indeed.

Old 11-01-2012, 10:44 AM   #331
elizah72
Side-Kick

Quote:
-_- lol oh you Loki fangirls. He won't get a spinoff. Not when Marvel has all these other more important movies to make, and other characters to introduce, Black Panther, Dr. Strange, Iron Fist, Luke Cage, Thor 3, Cap 3, and who ever else they want to introduce into the MCU, not to mention a phase 3 Hulk movie lol.

And if this movie is completely based of the arc in Simonson's run, and Surtur is fulling involved, then Loki probably will have his redemption arc, and then most likely be a minor character in Thor 3.

I hope Thor 3 is Jormungandu
LOL Hey, I would agree, it's unlikely but we can dream can't we?

The Midgard Serpent would be cool to see, yes. I disagree that Loki would have a minor role still in Thor 3 though. He's become too popular to ever be too minor, and certainly Feige recognizes that. "Loki has a part, but there will be a different villain, another big villain," he says. "But you can't do a Thor movie without Loki."

Old 11-01-2012, 03:51 PM   #332
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
So, are you suggesting that Thor just happens to keep an Asgardian muzzle and handcuffs on him just in case he might find some *ahem* special use for them? Kinky Thor... very kinky... LOL Dont know where he hid them if he did. LOL

PG 13, indeed.
It definitaly looked asgardian lol, just like the blade Loki stabbed him with. I mean, maybe Loki had it, maybe it was sent down prior to that scene. I just find it likely it was Asgardian, by design.

Quote:
LOL Hey, I would agree, it's unlikely but we can dream can't we?

The Midgard Serpent would be cool to see, yes. I disagree that Loki would have a minor role still in Thor 3 though. He's become too popular to ever be too minor, and certainly Feige recognizes that. "Loki has a part, but there will be a different villain, another big villain," he says. "But you can't do a Thor movie without Loki."
By minor role, I mean "nothing new" lol so I guess it wasn't the right word. But rightfully so though. If Thor 3 is the serpent, then that movie has got to be about Thor.

I wonder how they would do that. It def won't be as big as the world, but I would want the class thor lifting the serpent feat!

Old 11-01-2012, 04:06 PM   #333
elizah72
Side-Kick

And now I'm picturing Thor calling up to Heimdall, "Heimdall, tell my father if he wants Loki back in Asgard in one piece to quickly send down a muzzle or something... before we all kill him. Seriously. He needs to stop." LOL

Old 11-02-2012, 02:14 AM   #334
Godzilla2000
Eternal Guardian of Light

Quote:
And now I'm picturing Thor calling up to Heimdall, "Heimdall, tell my father if he wants Loki back in Asgard in one piece to quickly send down a muzzle or something... before we all kill him. Seriously. He needs to stop." LOL
I read that with Chris Hemsworth's voice in my head.

"Ignorance is not bliss"

- With me there is no game, no preplanned risk, only the same chance as any other mortal human in this world of an uninterrupted life not cut short intentionally by others' machinations.
Old 11-03-2012, 02:02 AM   #335
Godzilla2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenlet View Post
Personally, I like the deleted scene where Loki isn't wearing a muzzle or chains. More expressive face. But I get why they did it in the end.

Offhand, I am going absolutely bats**t crazy for more set pics. AND THERE HAS TO BE LOKI.
That would be the fangirl edit scene if any of them are savvy with video editing equipment. I mean seriously the fangirls do not want Loki gagged and bound...well not in a manner that's not kinky I suppose.

Oh, I found this rather cute fan made Avengers poster I think you'll all like.

"Ignorance is not bliss"

- With me there is no game, no preplanned risk, only the same chance as any other mortal human in this world of an uninterrupted life not cut short intentionally by others' machinations.

Last edited by Godzilla2000; 11-04-2012 at 01:57 AM.
Old 11-03-2012, 07:00 AM   #336
elizah72
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla2000 View Post
That would be the fangirl edit scene if any of them are savvy with video editing equipment. I mean seriously the fangirls do not want Loki gagged and bound...well not in a manner that's not kinky I suppose.

Oh, I found this rather cute fan made Avengers poster I think you'll all like.

That's cute. but... meh... doesn't seem like quite enough Lokies in it.

This reminds me of some interview with Chris and Tom where Tom talks about Loki multiplying himself, and what he could do with that power (or something like that). And Chris Hemsworth is like... who would want a bunch of Tom Hiddlestons running around? I can't imagine who would want that? teasing Tom about the fangirls, it seems. Even Thor is a bit jealous. LOL

Last edited by elizah72; 11-03-2012 at 07:11 AM.
Old 11-04-2012, 12:40 AM   #337
Godzilla2000

Quote:
That's cute. but... meh... doesn't seem like quite enough Lokies in it.

This reminds me of some interview with Chris and Tom where Tom talks about Loki multiplying himself, and what he could do with that power (or something like that). And Chris Hemsworth is like... who would want a bunch of Tom Hiddlestons running around? I can't imagine who would want that? teasing Tom about the fangirls, it seems. Even Thor is a bit jealous. LOL
Oh how poor Chris has no idea how many women would want a genetic copy of Tom Hiddleston. lol I guess he's just not well attuned to the fangirl mentality yet. If he hangs around Comic Conventions long enough he will understand that the romantic crush level of the average Comic/Anime fan is abnormally higher than most. I should know because I am a fan of Anime myself. I think a lot of Hiddles fangirls are Anime fans as well, probably Vic Mignogna fangirls too.

"Ignorance is not bliss"

Old 11-04-2012, 12:59 AM   #338
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

...Loki Smash!

On that note, I think its time to go because I am the only male in this thread -_-

Old 11-04-2012, 01:18 AM   #339
Godzilla2000

Quote:
...Loki Smash!

On that note, I think its time to go because I am the only male in this thread -_-
I can find you some images of Tom's female clone, his sister Emma if you'd like.

*Emma's obviously to the right, ;p*

"Ignorance is not bliss"

Last edited by Godzilla2000; 11-04-2012 at 01:21 AM.
Old 11-04-2012, 05:35 AM   #340
elizah72
Side-Kick

Quote:
...Loki Smash!

Oh, that's okay. It's good to have a guys opinion on MCU Loki every so often, keeps us fangirls in check.

Good genes in that family, wouldn't you say?

Old 11-04-2012, 10:18 AM   #341
Godzilla2000

Quote:
Oh, that's okay. It's good to have a guys opinion on MCU Loki every so often, keeps us fangirls in check.

Good genes in that family, wouldn't you say?
Oh yes, yes, very much so! Tom's sister is the cutest thing in like a little sister type way. Personally I'd be hideously protective of her because she seems just as adorable as Tom. I suppose it's that inner Alpha female in me showing through.

Anyways, something my mother said got me introspecting philosophically. If you were to get to know me (Not likely though.) the oddest things send me into these sorts of inner ramblings. Anyways, my mom is going to be an extra in a local independent film and she was saying how the director was only interested in his extras being pretty faces for a 70's era biopic he's filming about a corrupt mayor in Syracuse, N.Y. called Lee Alexander and it got me thinking about how tough it is for actors, like Tom Hiddleston to be treated seriously as intellectuals, which in turn got me searching fifteen minutes for this particular interview with Tom Hiddleston in it.

*Warning* - Fangirls will be foaming at the mouth listening to the intelligent words coming from Tom Hiddleston's mouth.
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Anyways, what slightly perturbs me is the fact that the historian seems to imply that because you're an actor your intellectual input is invalid because you're just paid to look pretty for the camera when he said "that's why you're actors". It's like anyone in Tom's position as an actor is expected to just dispense only lightweight fluff from his mouth when it's clear that Tom isn't just another froth brained attention desperate celebrity.

"Ignorance is not bliss"

Last edited by Godzilla2000; 11-04-2012 at 10:27 AM.
Old 11-04-2012, 10:26 AM   #342
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
I can find you some images of Tom's female clone, his sister Emma if you'd like.

*Emma's obviously to the right, ;p*

wow she looks like a girl I know. Wow.

lol WOW

Old 11-04-2012, 10:32 AM   #343
Godzilla2000

Quote:

lol WOW
Emma Hiddleston - The Hiddles for the Fanboy set? She's in acting too.

"Ignorance is not bliss"

Last edited by Godzilla2000; 11-04-2012 at 10:45 AM.
Old 11-04-2012, 03:58 PM   #344
elizah72
Side-Kick

Quote:

lol WOW
I dare you to ask her if she's Loki's sister.

Old 11-04-2012, 04:23 PM   #345
elizah72
Side-Kick

See, I saw that interview not long ago, and saw that a few people on youtube were upset about the actors line and the Etonians line, and I sort of fail to see what they are up in arms about. But I may be missing something or something I'm not getting. He says "that's why you're actors, and I'm not" in a way that makes me think that he's not slighting them, more slighting himself for not being an actor. That's how it sounded anyway, But I may be missing something in the my interpretation here. I really don't feel like the guy is beating up on Tom personally, and it doesn't really seem like Tom thinks that either. So... *shrugs* He is very definitely an intelligent, well spoken, charming fellow, and I did feel he was being taken seriously by all here. Even if he wasn't, I mean, he's a big boy, he's smart, he can take care of and stand up for himself.

Old 11-05-2012, 06:10 AM   #346
Godzilla2000

Hmmm....I'm guessing that you're not particularly familiar with the prejudices in British society. I believe in England prejudice is derived more from your social status as opposed to race, though there is a lot of ethnically based prejudice there I believe. I think with some staunch traditionalist British citizens while you see a calm, polite demeanor it masks their bigotry concerning your class, which even extends to being dismissive of your education. I guess some in England might think of Eaton as more or less not a Community College of sorts and a real place of learning, hence any subliminal derision towards those that attended the school. I found this Blog about the irrational level of hatred Eton gets and the underlining prejudices in British culture rather insightful.

http://blogs.independent.co.uk/2012/...each-snobbery/

Of course looking at his Wiki page I see that Tom has attended both Eton and Cambridge Colleges so he must be in quite a sandwich when it comes to this controversy of what college is better.

"Ignorance is not bliss"

Last edited by Godzilla2000; 11-05-2012 at 06:20 AM.
Old 11-05-2012, 06:30 AM   #347
elizah72
Side-Kick

Hm. that is interesting. No I am not familiar with that. Hey again, I say, he's a big boy, he's well spoken, he's certainly capable of standing up for himself if he feels put down or insulted. Which again, he seemed to just shrug it off with a smile so *shrugs*

Honestly I have much more concern for Tom over how some of his so called fans behave than anything this guy here has said.

Old 11-05-2012, 06:36 AM   #348
Godzilla2000

Quote:
Hm. that is interesting. No I am not familiar with that. Hey again, I say, he's a big boy, he's well spoken, he's certainly capable of standing up for himself if he feels put down or insulted. Which again, he seemed to just shrug it off with a smile so *shrugs*
This got me thinking of a comment above concerning Chris Hemsworth not knowing what all the fuss is about from the ladies concerning Tom but I think in actuality his intelligence and well spoken manner are what attracts most women to him. Especially for American women this is a quality we don't encounter at a consistent rate so when a guy like Tom comes along who's handsome and engaging we go crazy for him.

Quote:
Honestly I have much more concern for Tom over how some of his so called fans behave than anything this guy here has said.
Oh yes, I can understand what you say here, but most fangirls are just harmless 'tweens and teens trying to get a grasp of their blossoming hormones.

"Ignorance is not bliss"

Old 11-05-2012, 07:25 AM   #349
elizah72
Side-Kick

Quote:
Oh yes, I can understand what you say here, but most fangirls are just harmless 'tweens and teens trying to get a grasp of their blossoming hormones.
Oh, but those are the worst kind! lol

Speaking of crazy fans, apparently more Twitter drama, someone set up an account as Teddy Allpress (aka kid Loki from Thor), and even got Tom to follow him for a short time and got a couple thousand followers out of it. It's been confirmed now by Teddy's agency that he's not on twitter and the account is a fake. tsk-tsk...

Old 11-05-2012, 09:29 AM   #350
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:
Hmmm....I'm guessing that you're not particularly familiar with the prejudices in British society. I believe in England prejudice is derived more from your social status as opposed to race, though there is a lot of ethnically based prejudice there I believe. I think with some staunch traditionalist British citizens while you see a calm, polite demeanor it masks their bigotry concerning your class, which even extends to being dismissive of your education. I guess some in England might think of Eaton as more or less not a Community College of sorts and a real place of learning, hence any subliminal derision towards those that attended the school. I found this Blog about the irrational level of hatred Eton gets and the underlining prejudices in British culture rather insightful.

http://blogs.independent.co.uk/2012/...each-snobbery/

Of course looking at his Wiki page I see that Tom has attended both Eton and Cambridge Colleges so he must be in quite a sandwich when it comes to this controversy of what college is better.

That blogger, who attended Eton, was attempting to defend the school and its elite peers from claims that they have made entrance into Oxford and Cambridge primarily the province of wealthy white males in the UK. That is the cause of some controversy there, from what I've read. But the system that funnels young men from Eton, Harrow and other British public schools (which are actually private prep schools) into the elite universities has been in place for centuries and is not going to change. Not without a societal revolution, which the lower economic classes have no stomach for.

What fascinates and repulses me about UK social stratification is not the plight of poor little rich kids, but the utter disdain for those considered members of the lower class. I was rather shocked when I saw the furor (or furore) over the funeral of a reality TV star splashed across the covers of tabloids at the local book store a few years back. "Funeral for the Chav Princess Di!" they mocked. I had to look up "chav" online, but I already sensed that it meant something like "poor white trash" does here in the US. For some reason it shocked me to see so-called journalists using such terms openly, which wouldn't happen here. Our media tends to couch its disgust with people it finds inferior, unless they happen to be Southerners or people living in the inner city. Then anything goes, as Honey Boo-Boo and her family could tell you.

Closed Thread