The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Closed Thread

Old 11-05-2012, 10:12 AM   #351
elizah72
Side-Kick

Default Re: Tom Hiddleston: Loki Redux

That is very disturbing they would describe someone who just died in such a way. Very sad.

okay so... back on subject... with the talk about Loki's symbol being on Thor's vambraces in Avengers (in another thread) and about the wolf and snake symbols on Loki's metal shoulder and strap pieces in Avengers, I've been trying to get a good look at Loki's vambraces and upper arm brace in Avengers to see if there are any more nods to the mythology or anything else but haven't found a good enough image as of yet. Anyone know of one somewhere? I think on his vambraces there could be a feathering design on the top of it, which could be a nod to the story where Loki wears a feathered cloak and flies. There is an interesting image on his upper arm thingy but I havent quite figured out what it may represent. I wonder if there will be any more nods to the mythology on Loki's Thor 2 costume. I must say I am impressed with the amount of detail that has gone into the costumes so far.

Oh, and on my wish list for Thor 2. I hope poor Tom doesn't have to wear the helmet *too much*. He says with the lights it gets really hot, and it's heavy, and his brain turns to scrambled eggs. Now, we can't have that can we? Plus Thor hardly ever has to wear his helmet apparently

Old 11-05-2012, 10:31 AM   #352
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

The helmets are necessary!

Old 11-05-2012, 10:35 AM   #353
elizah72
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
The helmets are necessary!
Oh, I agree, but at the same time I dont want to watch Tom's brain to turn to mush in the process. LOL He actually said in some earlyinterview that if he didnt wear it at all he'd feel like he was scrimping on the character.

Old 11-05-2012, 10:37 AM   #354
Silvermoon
Made To Be Ruled

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizah72 View Post
okay so... back on subject... with the talk about Loki's symbol being on Thor's vambraces in Avengers (in another thread) and about the wolf and snake symbols on Loki's metal shoulder and strap pieces in Avengers, I've been trying to get a good look at Loki's vambraces and upper arm brace in Avengers to see if there are any more nods to the mythology or anything else but haven't found a good enough image as of yet. Anyone know of one somewhere? I think on his vambraces there could be a feathering design on the top of it, which could be a nod to the story where Loki wears a feathered cloak and flies. There is an interesting image on his upper arm thingy but I havent quite figured out what it may represent. I wonder if there will be any more nods to the mythology on Loki's Thor 2 costume. I must say I am impressed with the amount of detail that has gone into the costumes so far.
You could check out the Official Pics/Videos thread for Avengers: http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=361473

Here are a couple of posts from that thread that look like they have some high quality (some you might have to scroll down a bit to find the Loki picture)

http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=129
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=155
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=168

This one might be the best bet, at least in terms of his right side... the bottom picture in this post is very VERY large if you download it (click on it and it takes you to rapidshare where you can download it):

http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=138

Don't know if those help at all

~Agents of SHIELD
Old 11-05-2012, 10:47 AM   #355
elizah72
Side-Kick

Thanks I'll take a look sometime

okay, still looking but I do still think that the top of the vambraces may be feathers or a flame design. And the upper arm thingy I'm leaning towards being a serpent coming out of the water, but am by no means sure about that one. it's just what is it makes me think of (Jormungand?) there is also what appears to be water or something dripping down from the mouth (?) so could represent the story of the snake and dripping venom, maybe....

Last edited by elizah72; 11-05-2012 at 10:54 AM.
Old 11-05-2012, 10:58 AM   #356
Godzilla2000
A Healthy Addiction

I just wonder what kind of picking on Tom must have gotten in school from some less than tolerant kids for being half Scottish.

Anyways, I found this rather cute image of Tom and Rene Russo both looking pretty fabulous to bring a smile to the thread whilst we wait for on set images of Loki.

- Don't let the baby face fool you.

"One loyal friend is worth 10 thousand relatives." - Euripides
Old 11-05-2012, 11:00 AM   #357
elizah72
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla2000 View Post
I just wonder what kind of picking on Tom must have gotten in school from some less than tolerant kids for being half Scottish.

Anyways, I found this rather cute image of Tom and Rene Russo both looking pretty fabulous to bring a smile to the thread whilst we wait for on set images of Loki.
AH! And Stan Lee making a "cameo appearance" in back! LOL!

Old 11-05-2012, 11:20 AM   #358
elizah72
Side-Kick

Possible Thor 2 Frigga-Loki scene?

http://arkham-insanity.deviantart.co...ased-334589089

Old 11-05-2012, 11:27 AM   #359
Godzilla2000
A Healthy Addiction

Quote:
AH! And Stan Lee making a "cameo appearance" in back! LOL!
Oh my God I just noticed that! It's like spotting Waldo in those Where's Waldo books, except it's Where's Stan Lee?

Quote:
I'm almost pretty sure there is a legion of fans who would volunteer to give Loki a spanking.

Quote:
Oh, but those are the worst kind! lol

Speaking of crazy fans, apparently more Twitter drama, someone set up an account as Teddy Allpress (aka kid Loki from Thor), and even got Tom to follow him for a short time and got a couple thousand followers out of it. It's been confirmed now by Teddy's agency that he's not on twitter and the account is a fake. tsk-tsk...
Oh anyone will do anything to get their fifteen minutes of fame I suppose.

Speaking of Kid Loki from Thor...are they going to have him in future Thor movies to fill on some backstory or would they recast the role? I was thinking he would be old enough to play Loki as a teenager by now.

- Don't let the baby face fool you.

"One loyal friend is worth 10 thousand relatives." - Euripides

Last edited by Godzilla2000; 11-05-2012 at 11:58 AM.
Old 11-05-2012, 12:00 PM   #360
elizah72
Side-Kick

Quote:
I'm almost pretty sure there is a legion of fans who would volunteer to give Loki a spanking.
HA! I'm sure there is... lol...

Interesting song of the day from Tom on Twitter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqtSWBjC1VQ

Lyrics: http://www.songmeanings.net/songs/vi...2107858884666/

(scroll down to the first post, apparently what is listed up top is incorrect.)

An interesting interpretation in the first reply post...

Quote:
According to the booklet the Lyrics are:

I'm slowly drifting to you
The stars and the planets
Are calling me
A billion years away from you
I'm on my way
I'm on...
I'm on...

So I don't think it's about dying. Looking at the album context (Brother and sister kind of communicating through their dreams), this is the first song on the "Brother"-half of the double album. He has desperately been searching for his sister and ended up far, far away from her and therefore is mourning. But in the end, he's leaving to find her. That's my interpretation.
Nightdiveron
I wonder if by any chance Tom is filming some heavy stuff today.

Old 11-05-2012, 12:03 PM   #361
elizah72
Side-Kick

Quote:
Oh anyone will do anything to get their fifteen minutes of fame I suppose.

Speaking of Kid Loki from Thor...are they going to have him in future Thor movies to fill on some backstory or would they recast the role? I was thinking he would be old enough to play Loki as a teenager by now.
I suspect it's more to try to weasel a way to meet Tom.

I think they could certainly use him but nothing said about it as of yet. I'm actually hoping more for a late teens/early 20s flashback which he's not old enough for.

Old 11-06-2012, 10:26 AM   #362
elizah72
Side-Kick

If anyone ever needs a pick me up, I highly recommend going to Youtube and searching for Avengers Crack, Tom Hiddleston or Loki Crack ... some are better than others but most will at least make you smile (some might make you laugh out loud! so maybe not to watch in public )

Here's is two of the funnier ones with lots of Loki
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tH-Rak19mhI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vI8TJUA60xI (language warning!)

edit: oh, good lord I can't stop looking at youtube. but
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cPyv...eature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sziF3W_Pk2c
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUI54...eature=related (you will be glad to know that I managed to refrain from fainting at the end of this one. LOL)

Last edited by elizah72; 11-06-2012 at 11:27 AM.
Old 11-06-2012, 08:35 PM   #363
Silvermoon
Made To Be Ruled

Quote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUI54...eature=related (you will be glad to know that I managed to refrain from fainting at the end of this one. LOL)
I like this one, but at the end, (as much as I love that Henry V speech/how he does it) a shame they didn't wait a bit longer to create it and put in his ["Henry V wooing Catherine of Valois"] instead

~Agents of SHIELD
Old 11-07-2012, 01:09 PM   #364
elizah72
Side-Kick

That is very very swoonworthy, yes. Then there is the Tom Hiddleston "Wooing" Miss Piggy vid... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfRKJrEbaLo

SO adorable And he kisses her forehead, lucky pig!

On a purely superficial note, no pictures yet but it seems like the rumor is his hair may be as long if not longer in Thor 2 (he's wearing a wig this time). Someone said something on tumblr about the wigmaker from Thor 2 tweeted he looked like a rockstar or something and had given some hints about how he looked, and the speculation is that it may mean it may be longer. Not sure I'm liking that, I prefer men with shorter hair in general. However, I'm wondering in that case if they'll make the helmet ponytail thingy magically appear since that is very much part of his look in a lot of the comics. Hmm... That could be dangerous in a fight, especially if Hulk makes a cameo. LOL

(note: there has been no rumors about Hulk making a cameo, just making a Loki gets ragdolled by the Hulk again joke... )

and here's one jaqua99 will like I think http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iu2t8qX5NHc

Last edited by elizah72; 11-07-2012 at 01:14 PM.
Old 11-07-2012, 02:55 PM   #365
Duran Man
The Seventh Stranger

Still no Loki pics.

Old 11-07-2012, 07:32 PM   #366
elizah72
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duran Man View Post
Still no Loki pics.
Nope they appear to have the God of Mischief on some serious lockdown.... which makes me very suspicious that they have some BIG plans for him.

Old 11-07-2012, 09:11 PM   #367
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Nope they appear to have the God of Mischief on some serious lockdown.... which makes me very suspicious that they have some BIG plans for him.
Tread carefully. Could be that. OR, could be because he has a minor role.

OR...he simply hasn't filmed a scene yet.

OR (and I think this is it)

he hasn't been in a scene where someone was available to take pictures, being a coindidence.

Old 11-07-2012, 10:41 PM   #368
American Maid
Side-Kick

Quote:
On a purely superficial note, no pictures yet but it seems like the rumor is his hair may be as long if not longer in Thor 2 (he's wearing a wig this time). Someone said something on tumblr about the wigmaker from Thor 2 tweeted he looked like a rockstar or something and had given some hints about how he looked, and the speculation is that it may mean it may be longer. Not sure I'm liking that, I prefer men with shorter hair in general. However, I'm wondering in that case if they'll make the helmet ponytail thingy magically appear since that is very much part of his look in a lot of the comics.
Well, I like long hair, and my assessment of the pics we've seen so far from T:TDW is that Thor is *rockin'* the long hair. Since you're a fan of Hiddleston's appearance in general (!), my guess is that you will be happy with what they do with Loki's hair in this film. After all, he looked pretty good with long-ish hair in TA .

Old 11-08-2012, 12:04 AM   #369
ericadawn16
Side-Kick

I'm sure Tom will be tweeting several photos from filming....a YEAR from now.

Old 11-08-2012, 08:05 AM   #370
elizah72
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Maid View Post
Well, I like long hair, and my assessment of the pics we've seen so far from T:TDW is that Thor is *rockin'* the long hair. Since you're a fan of Hiddleston's appearance in general (!), my guess is that you will be happy with what they do with Loki's hair in this film. After all, he looked pretty good with long-ish hair in TA .
Hemsworth does look good that way, yes. He's one of the few men I think might look better with it actually.

I was ok with the hair length on Loki in Avengers, but the fact that it was slicked back may have helped. I actually liked an actor a few years back and then he grew his hair long for a part and I was totally turned off! Some fans liked it but I just thought he looked terrible. lol Very shallow of me, I know. Shame on me. He's still got the long hair and I have moved on! lol

But there are actually things I like about dear Mr. Hiddleston, that go beyond the looks, so, I think I may be able to handle it if I don't like the hair.

Quote:
OR he hasn't been in a scene where someone was available to take pictures, being a coincidence.
BINGO. lol... OR no one is being allowed to take pictures of Loki to be released to the public right now. like I said, they seem to have the dude on lockdown, even the stuntman couldn't really say much about what happens to Loki. So there has to be a reason for so much secrecy.

Old 11-08-2012, 08:18 AM   #371
American Maid
Side-Kick

Quote:
Hemsworth does look good that way, yes. He's one of the few men I think might look better with it actually.
Ironically, he has said he doesn't like his hair long.

Quote:
I actually liked an actor a few years back and then he grew his hair long for a part and I was totally turned off! Some fans liked it but I just thought he looked terrible. lol Very shallow of me, I know. Shame on me.
Totally understand where you're coming from. The scene in Thor1 where he gets rained on, and all his hair is flat against his head: totally *not* flattering imo. But oh well, it's in the service of the plot! lol

Quote:
But there are actually things I like about dear Mr. Hiddleston, that go beyond the looks, so, I think I may be able to handle it if I don't like the hair.
Yes, indeed-y!

Quote:
no one is being allowed to take pictures of Loki to be released to the public right now. like I said, they seem to have the dude on lockdown, even the stuntman couldn't really say much about what happens to Loki. So there has to be a reason for so much secrecy.
Makes it that much more fun to wonder about!

Old 11-08-2012, 08:24 AM   #372
SimiOfDoom
Side-Kick

Well, as it seems Feige has a pretty good idea of how large the Loki fanbase is, they probably have rather big plans for him.
That doesnt necessarily mean he has to have a big role, but e.g. betraying Thor last minute or redeeming himself would have a lasting impact on the whole movie while not needing much time.
More than enough reason to shroud him in secrecy...

And yays for long-haired dudes!

Last edited by SimiOfDoom; 11-08-2012 at 08:28 AM.
Old 11-08-2012, 09:55 AM   #373
elizah72
Side-Kick

Here are two pieces of fan art with long hair Loki, one with the pony tail helmet thingy (scroll down a bit, sorry cant figure out how to post those directly)
http://www.tumblr.com/tagged/thor-2?before=1347994033

and one without the helmet but looks cool...
http://moviehypesa.blogspot.com/2012...on-speaks.html

I suppose it makes sense that he's in prison and they may not have cut his hair. But I've yet to figure out if he's a full frost giant, and his features are all an illusion, why he has growing raven black hair in the first place (seeing as none of the Frost giants have hair! lol)

Old 11-08-2012, 11:19 AM   #374
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:

I was ok with the hair length on Loki in Avengers, but the fact that it was slicked back may have helped. I actually liked an actor a few years back and then he grew his hair long for a part and I was totally turned off! Some fans liked it but I just thought he looked terrible. lol Very shallow of me, I know. Shame on me. He's still got the long hair and I have moved on! lol

BINGO. lol... OR no one is being allowed to take pictures of Loki to be released to the public right now. like I said, they seem to have the dude on lockdown, even the stuntman couldn't really say much about what happens to Loki. So there has to be a reason for so much secrecy.
lol I wouldn't get your hopes up, since this movie is based on the Simonson arc, and it is probably thor centered, don't build your hopes up tooo high :P

Old 11-08-2012, 01:39 PM   #375
elizah72
Side-Kick

Quote:
lol I wouldn't get your hopes up, since this movie is based on the Simonson arc, and it is probably thor centered, don't build your hopes up tooo high
I keep having to remind you that just because it may be based on some elements and characters doesn't mean it'll be followed exactly, my friend. Feige knows how popular Loki is and he would be a fool to not use him significantly, but they do need to use him differently than has been before, otherwise people will get bored with the same fights over and over.

Was the story of the Destroyer's demise exactly what it was in comics? Was how Thor met Jane exactly as it was in comics? Was anything in Avengers, other than the villain who brought them together, exactly as it was in the comics? No. No. And no. Because they are telling a brand new story!!! If they were just identically rehashing a story that they already told in the comics, there would certainly be no need to keep so many secrets in that case. Just tell people to read the comics and they'll know what they'll be seeing in a year.

No, I have a whole year to wait and my hopes will remain up regarding Loki's part in it until the day I go into the theater. Ain't nobody gonna bring me down. If I get disappointed, so what? *shrugs* it wouldn't be the first time. And I'm a big girl, I can handle it. lol...

Here is a quote from end of April by the way, probably prior to him reading a script but I suspect the actors have a general idea at that point what the story arcs will be heading towards...

Its probably time (for another villain). Im most excited about really taking the relationship between Loki and Thor to another level. Because obviously the action of Thor 2 will have to begin where Avengers leaves off and what interests me and I think Chris too is whats Odin going to say about all of this and about what happened in Avengers and can Odin and Thor find forgiveness for Loki in their own hearts and Loki accept that forgiveness, can he forgive himself? What will it take to bring Loki back from the brink of the dark side. And then Thor has to deal with everything thats happened up at Asgard during his absence! ~ Tom Hiddleston April 2012

http://collider.com/tom-hiddleston-t...erview/160736/

Feige:Were going to see the other side of Asgard. Its not all polished and golden in this film. And the events of Avengers will have affected Thor for sure. His relationship with Loki will continue to evolve, and the biggest part is Natalie and Thor returning with Jane Foster.

"Evolve" meaning not stay the same. Change... and that requires at least some screen time to explain, doesn't it?

and again this one...

Im assuming youve figured out the villain. Is Loki a big part, is he a minor part?

Feige: Loki has a part, but there will be a different villain, another big villain. But you cant do a Thor movie without Loki.

So, Feige being asked specifically if Loki has a big part or a minor part and Feige simply says he has a "part". So I'd say based on that the truth is somewhere in between. And he almost seems to no longer be categorizing Loki as a villain here, which is interesting...

Closed Thread