The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Closed Thread

Old 09-22-2012, 11:30 AM   #151
Anubis
Sup?

Default Re: Tom Hiddleston: Loki Redux

It's like killing roaches......rats really. I mean they are mammals.

Old 09-22-2012, 07:59 PM   #152
Lei D Loki
Side-Kick

True, true. Even the Christian God did not hesitate to wipe out the human race except for a few.

Off topic: There's an interview with Tom with the New York Times in Madrid. Here's the link for anyone interested: http://www.timestalksmadrid.com/

He talked about Loki, of course and how he got the job.

Old 09-23-2012, 07:16 AM   #153
Godzilla2000
Empathically Inclined

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
Odin HAS to die against Surtur. Thor will inherit the odinforce, defeat surtur with Loki's aid, and he very well may possess the odin force against Thanos :P
I'd add Loki dying in some manner as a means of redemption in there.

- Why is so much anger, possessiveness and jealousy unfairly attached to me like a herculean burden akin to Atlas holding up the world for all eternity or Sisyphus rolling a boulder futilely up a mountain?

- Keep riding that crazy train.

- It's others that are the problem in a case of addictions. The loved one must be separated from these influences and have positive, nonaddicted, good influences implanted in their lives.
Old 09-24-2012, 06:38 PM   #154
Lei D Loki
Side-Kick

Kevin Feige, Marvel Studios Head, On Marvel's Next Risks, Tom Hiddleston's Bad Boy Appeal And Jack Kirby

http://news.moviefone.com/2012/09/24...n_1909321.html

Quote:
There was a lot of talent involved in "The Avengers," but I think the guy who came out of nowhere, so to speak, and developed the most rabid fanbase was Tom Hiddleston. Has the immense reaction to his portrayal opened up the possibilities for the future of the character?
I’ve been surprised and happy that so many cast members and characters have gotten that response. Hiddleston is a case in himself. We discovered that when we were going around the world promoting the movie, in Moscow and in the the U.K. and in Rome, and all these people behind the barricades at the premieres were holding “Loki’s Armies” signs or wearing homemade helmets with horns on it. We sat around years ago saying we needed a villain in the MCU, as complex and dynamic as Magneto is. Magneto is one of the best villains in both the comics and in the movies. The way that Tom brought Loki to life, with all of those different emotions and up to Hulk smashing him into the ground, we’re already having fun with Tom on the set of "Dark World." We hope to have that continue. Even if you didn’t read comics or weren’t versed in mythology and had no idea who Loki was -- and he’s kind of out there with his big horns -- they responded to him, particularly women. Tom is an amazing looking specimen but also because of that darkness, I think they find a sexiness with him as a badboy.
Rabid fan base is right.

Old 09-25-2012, 07:05 AM   #155
Silvermoon
Made To Be Ruled

Article on Tom:

http://herocomplex.latimes.com/2012/...mption-in-loki

Article is from before he'd seen the script for Thor 2, but he does say this on his thoughts regarding it:

Quote:
Hiddleston will reprise the role for next year’s sequel, “Thor: The Dark World,” directed by Alan Taylor (“Game of Thrones”). Will Loki finally find redemption?

“I hope so, I really hope so,” Hiddleston said. “I hope you can see glimmers of it in ‘The Avengers.’ There’s a bit where we’re on the tower and Thor’s like, ‘Look around. You don’t have to do this.’ I think he’s probably going to get a hiding when he goes back home. I think his father’s going to have a few things to say. … Grounded for a long time. I haven’t read a script yet, but I know that we certainly can’t recycle what we’ve done. Loki, I think, has been about as bad as he can be.”

~Agents of SHIELD
Old 09-25-2012, 07:32 AM   #156
Lei D Loki
Side-Kick

It did seem to me that during the tower fight, that Loki was being honest when he said it was too late. I don't think he really meant too late to stop the army. I think he meant it's too late for him and its too late to stop Thanos since he already made a deal with Thanos and made Thanos aware of Earth.

Loki is in some deep deep **** and he knows it but being a prideful godling I really don't think he'd ask anyone's help.

Old 09-25-2012, 05:29 PM   #157
ericadawn16
Side-Kick

But when Thanos comes, then everyone is going to know anyway...

Old 09-28-2012, 04:39 PM   #158
chamber-music
Hail Hydra

I want Loki calling people mewling quims

Old 09-28-2012, 05:19 PM   #159
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvermoon View Post
Article on Tom:

http://herocomplex.latimes.com/2012/...mption-in-loki

Article is from before he'd seen the script for Thor 2, but he does say this on his thoughts regarding it:
NOOOOOOOOOOO I don't want a good Loki. I still want to see him doing, evil Loki things -_-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lei D Loki View Post
It did seem to me that during the tower fight, that Loki was being honest when he said it was too late. I don't think he really meant too late to stop the army. I think he meant it's too late for him and its too late to stop Thanos since he already made a deal with Thanos and made Thanos aware of Earth.

Loki is in some deep deep **** and he knows it but being a prideful godling I really don't think he'd ask anyone's help.
I don't think making Thanos aware of Earth is what is "too late" I think its the fact that he aided Thanos in whatever he plans to do

Old 09-29-2012, 12:51 AM   #160
JB-the-Hunter
Hunter of weaklings

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
NOOOOOOOOOOO I don't want a good Loki. I still want to see him doing, evil Loki things -_-
He doesn't have to be good. He can be like Gollum in Return of the King. Cooperative, but still shady.

Bruce Banner - "Captain America is on threat watch?"

Natasha Romanoff - "We all are."
Old 10-03-2012, 10:52 AM   #161
Godzilla2000
Empathically Inclined

So...any images of Loki's costume for the sequel yet? I'm liking what I've seen so far of Sif's and Thor's costumes.

- Why is so much anger, possessiveness and jealousy unfairly attached to me like a herculean burden akin to Atlas holding up the world for all eternity or Sisyphus rolling a boulder futilely up a mountain?

- It's others that are the problem in a case of addictions. The loved one must be separated from these influences and have positive, nonaddicted, good influences implanted in their lives.

Last edited by Godzilla2000; 10-04-2012 at 07:29 AM. Reason: Shiny, clinky gold!
Old 10-03-2012, 09:00 PM   #162
ericadawn16
Side-Kick

They seem to be keeping Loki under lock and key...

Old 10-04-2012, 07:17 AM   #163
Godzilla2000
Empathically Inclined

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericadawn16 View Post
Literally and figuratively speaking?

I'm thinking though that they haven't filmed any scenes that require Loki in them. Remember the movie is called Thor. I'm guessing that Loki's not quite the warrior type so he'd stay as far away from combat as he can. Judging by his combat experience in Avengers he'll be thinking the battlefield is not to his liking.

Still I'd love to see what his costume looks like. I mean his Avengers costume was such a beautiful piece of art to me the costume designer will really have to pull out all the stops in this one. And if judging by the images of Sif and Thor's costume is to be trusted they'll hopefully make we Loki fans all happy.

Last edited by Godzilla2000; 10-04-2012 at 07:28 AM. Reason: Shiny, clinky gold!
Old 10-04-2012, 11:34 AM   #164
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericadawn16 View Post
I don't think so. I think its simply scenes haven't been filmed with him yet.

Don't forget, the movie is called Thor: The Dark World, Not Thor and Loki: The Dark World, or Loki: Redemption

god forbit

Old 10-04-2012, 12:46 PM   #165
Godzilla2000
Empathically Inclined

Hey, you never know, they might just give Loki his own spin off movie or something.

Old 10-04-2012, 05:17 PM   #166
metaphysician
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla2000 View Post
Hey, you never know, they might just give Loki his own spin off movie or something.
I would actually be slightly shocked if they don't eventually. Loki is kinda really popular; if his arc in Thor 2 and 3 is a redemptive one and he lives, he could totally get a "Loki, Asgardian outcast" spinoff movie.

Old 10-04-2012, 06:51 PM   #167
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick

Quote:

I'm thinking though that they haven't filmed any scenes that require Loki in them. Remember the movie is called Thor. I'm guessing that Loki's not quite the warrior type so he'd stay as far away from combat as he can. Judging by his combat experience in Avengers he'll be thinking the battlefield is not to his liking.

Still I'd love to see what his costume looks like. I mean his Avengers costume was such a beautiful piece of art to me the costume designer will really have to pull out all the stops in this one. And if judging by the images of Sif and Thor's costume is to be trusted they'll hopefully make we Loki fans all happy.
He has been in two films and he has fought quite a bit in both. Now granted there will probably be story reason for why he doesn't fight all that much if at all in this film, but I don't think it is because it doesn't agree with him.

Old 10-04-2012, 06:57 PM   #168
Doc Ock
1951-2014

Quote:

I wonder if he will even have a costume if not rags if he is being punished hehe...

Or wearing the same armor from The Avengers but banged up and broken/dirtied at places. IMO that would be cool to see if Thor/Odin has him imprisoned and being punished. But I did love Loki's costume in his past two films and do kinda hope for a surprise in this one.

Old 10-04-2012, 07:37 PM   #169
Silvermoon
Made To Be Ruled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Ock View Post
I wonder if he will even have a costume if not rags if he is being punished hehe...

Or wearing the same armor from The Avengers but banged up and broken/dirtied at places. IMO that would be cool to see if Thor/Odin has him imprisoned and being punished. But I did love Loki's costume in his past two films and do kinda hope for a surprise in this one.
*raises hand* ohhh...ohhhh... can I vote for shirtless if he's being punished?!?!?!

*COUGH* Sorry, raging fangirl outburst there... couldn't rein it in before it slipped out

~Agents of SHIELD
Old 10-04-2012, 07:44 PM   #170
American Maid
Side-Kick

Quote:
*raises hand* ohhh...ohhhh... can I vote for shirtless if he's being punished?!?!?!

*COUGH* Sorry, raging fangirl outburst there... couldn't rein it in before it slipped out
hahahaha

For your sake, I hope it comes to pass.

Old 10-05-2012, 03:27 AM   #171
Lei D Loki
Side-Kick

If Loki were in prison in Asgard. How do you think he'll be treated? What would his prison be like? What does prisoners in Asgard wear?

Old 10-05-2012, 07:28 AM   #172
Silvermoon
Made To Be Ruled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lei D Loki View Post
If Loki were in prison in Asgard. How do you think he'll be treated? What would his prison be like? What does prisoners in Asgard wear?
Hopefully they're forced to not wear shirts...

sorry... I'm really on one for some reason

*it's Friday... just 7 1/2 hours of work to go*

~Agents of SHIELD
Old 10-05-2012, 09:01 AM   #173
American Maid
Side-Kick

Quote:
Hopefully they're forced to not wear shirts...

sorry... I'm really on one for some reason

*it's Friday... just 7 1/2 hours of work to go*
hahaha, yeah, Lei D Loki did give you the straight line for that.

Well, the best I can do for you is this pic of Loki on the Isle of Silence: http://www.dvdizzy.com/images/a-c/avengers1-06.jpg

BTW, it's amazing how many hits to franchises *other* than that of "Thor" a Google search of "prisoner asgard" will turn up. . . .

Update! Loki shirtless (but not a prisoner): http://marvel.wikia.com/File:Lorelei...616%29_001.jpg

And here's Loki from myth, imprisoned, receiving the venom-drip punishment someone was talking about here, and, um, not wearing a shirt: http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_2zSdrUBYTt...nt_of_Loki.jpg (that's his wife Sigyn sparing him from most of the venom)

Last edited by American Maid; 10-05-2012 at 09:14 AM.
Old 10-05-2012, 09:11 AM   #174
R_Hythlodeus
Nerd Supreme

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Maid View Post
BTW, it's amazing how many hits to franchises *other* than that of "Thor" a Google search of "prisoner asgard" will turn up. . . .

And it's getting even worse when you misspell it 'Assguard'

RANDOM BLOCKBUSTER SEQUEL: RETURN OF THE RISING DARKNESS
------------------------------

ZWERG/ELF

a fantasy RPG based bilingual webcomic

Old 10-05-2012, 10:20 AM   #175
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick

Isn't Tom extremely skinny right now?