Lei D Loki
Side-Kick

Default Re: Tom Hiddleston: Loki Redux

^Agreed.

Old 10-10-2012, 09:38 PM   #202
ericadawn16
Side-Kick

Tom Hiddleston is officially in Iceland now for Thor 2 filming!

Old 10-11-2012, 12:04 AM   #203
Duran Man
The Seventh Stranger

I’m quite eager to see any changes they’ve made to Loki’s look.

Old 10-12-2012, 02:58 PM   #204
The Caped Knight
Shield Avenger

I curious to see what Loki's objective will be this time.

Old 10-14-2012, 01:14 PM   #205
Godzilla2000
A Healthy Addiction

I'm curious to see what Loki's costume is going to look like.

As far as the location shooting goes what is Iceland standing in for? Considering the terrain I'm thinking Jotunheim?

- It's not your exterior that should be the litmus test of your value but what's inside your heart.

"One loyal friend is worth 10 thousand relatives." - Euripides
Old 10-14-2012, 01:33 PM   #206
American Maid
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla2000 View Post
I'm curious to see what Loki's costume is going to look like.

As far as the location shooting goes what is Iceland standing in for? Considering the terrain I'm thinking Jotunheim?
Well, it's been reported that Christopher Eccleston and Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje are in Iceland, meaning scenes with Malekith and Kurse will be shot there. So that suggests Svartalfheim (and, judging from the Kurse summary, Asgard).

They may also do other story elements while they are there. So they could have some other locations in Iceland stand in for Asgard as well.

Tourist sites for Iceland tout it as having all 4 seasons at the same time on the island. So they could probably do most any setting there.

Intriguingly, Tom Hiddleston also has been spotted in Iceland. So perhaps Loki is not under lock and key.

Old 10-14-2012, 05:07 PM   #207
elizah72
Side-Kick

I suspect he will be needed to help them get to the other realms with the bifrost destroyed, so Thor and co can try to get things under control again, so definitely expecting Loki to be working with Thor an his crew whether he likes it or not.

I think Loki's objective will be, "get me the hell away from my annoying big brother! He keeps trying to hug me and ask me to be good and come home! *%#$@#* !!!"

j/k I dont know, it seems like they are keeping very very mum about Loki on purpose, with not a mention of him in the official synopsis, and yet there Tom is with 3rd billing at the end there, so his part cant be too small, I'd say. should be interesting.

totally agree, Iceland could be used for several different places, some beautiful landscapes, going to be great to see on the big screen.

question can we only speculate/talk about spoilers in the Thor 2 dark world news thread or is that ok here too? (sorry new here, want to talk Loki more but dont want to get in trouble!)

Old 10-14-2012, 08:19 PM   #208
elizah72
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Maid View Post
HAHAHHAHA Awesome! I had read about that poem, but hadn't gotten around to digging it up. *Love* the modern translation!

Thanks for sharing!

PS Have you read the one about Thor going on the beer run?
Just wanted to comment on this too from earlier. Hilarious translation Lei D Loki. I was reading about that poem earlier, How great would it be to have Tom do a scene with Loki all drunk and start insulting people and being like "and I had your wife! and that isnt what you said when you were in my bed! and the rest of you, you're all losers!" (or a believable and funny variation on the scene). I think I'd just pee my pants laughing right there in the theater.

Old 10-14-2012, 10:06 PM   #209
ericadawn16
Side-Kick

Yes, it's interesting that both Tom and Zac Levi are there but apparently, not Chris or any of the other Asgardians?

Is Fandral babysitting Loki?

Old 10-15-2012, 07:17 AM   #210
elizah72
Side-Kick

HA! Good luck to him babysitting the God of Michief!

By the way,here is my response to looking at those Tom-Zac pics elsewhere and getting a load of the pants Tom has on...

*sigh* "oh, my goodness... Tom... sweetie... is that you out in public wearing shockingly neon yellow pants? And here I was thinking, gee I hope he isn't being totally stalked and harassed by fans. Or that he's not getting to relax between filming due to fans. I keep reading how crazy some of them can be. He'll probably have to disguise himself when he leaves the hotel... you know, so he won't stand out like a sore thumb."

*snerk* Actors...

On a positive note, I'd say he's handing the fan situation just fine for now.

Old 10-15-2012, 08:38 AM   #211
elizah72
Side-Kick

Just because it amuses me:

Zac and Tom in Iceland.

Zac: Where are all these crazy Thor fans? We are hardly getting noticed at all around here.

Tom: Mmmm... yes it has been rather quiet, especially compared to Avengers.

Zac: I mean I would have thought there would be more buzz about my awesome blonde hair and beard.

Tom: yes you do look quite handsome with your new Fandral look.

Zac: We need to up our game here, Tom. liven things up. Get noticed.

Tom: Indeed, but how so?

Zac: Well, let's see, I'll put on this superman blue shirt and red scarf. There that's sure to get me noticed.

Tom (mildly impressed): That is a standout scarf Zac.

Zac (smiles): Top that, Loki.

Tom smiles back, turns and leaves for a few minutes, then returns in his new outfit to a slackjawed Zac.

Tom: Neon yellow pants... BOOM. See who get's noticed more now.

Zac: Son of a -

LOL... I hope people take this in good humor. The pictures just struck me funny this way. Tom and Zac both seem like good guys and I hope they are having fun filming (or will soon!)

Old 10-15-2012, 08:45 AM   #212
Godzilla2000
A Healthy Addiction

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizah72 View Post
*sigh* "oh, my goodness... Tom... sweetie... is that you out in public wearing shockingly neon yellow pants?
Somewhere in the attic I have a vintage 80's Neon Yellow sweater that would match those pants perfectly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericadawn16 View Post
Yes, it's interesting that both Tom and Zac Levi are there but apparently, not Chris or any of the other Asgardians?

Is Fandral babysitting Loki?
Now Fandral babysitting Loki in full character would be a funny gag scene to write up...

- It's not your exterior that should be the litmus test of your value but what's inside your heart.

Last edited by Godzilla2000; 10-15-2012 at 09:10 AM. Reason: "Let's kill someone!" - What Cicero is always telling me to do in my Skyrim game. Not a very hard request to fulfill.
Old 10-15-2012, 02:54 PM   #213
elizah72
Side-Kick

I think Chris is supposed to be there too and the warriors 3, I read somewhere. Again, I think what will happen is they will need Loki with the bifrost in disrepair still, to then use his knowledge of of dark magic and the other ways to travel between realms, and possibly use his knowledge of the tesseract too, to help them travel to the different realms and fight to get things back in order. Could possibly be part of his punishment, or perhaps he agrees to do it (either in the hopes of figuring out how to escape or because he actually wants to help, probably the former...) Of all the punishments I know of for Loki, might be fun to see a variation on the one where he is bound to his wife, but instead bound magically (invisibly) to Thor, so he can't escape, even if he kills him, and has no choice but to spend time with him and help him. Would be fun to watch the forced brotherly bonding for sure.

I am hoping to see more magic from Loki than in the other films so far, him posing as other people/transforming (could get a little shout out to Lady Loki and Kid Loki this way). I noticed one of the Iceland sets is of a giant waterfall, and there is of course a story from myth of Loki jumping into a waterfall and turning himself into a salmon to try to hide. LOL you never know, if they'll do a few shout outs to the myths as well as the comics.

Another hope is we will see Loki go full frost giant again. I will be curious to see how much they transform him now that they have more of a budget (I assume). In the previous film, he (including baby Loki) really doesnt appear to be a FULL frost giant, just maybe half. And of course Odin never says anything about his mother, possibly on purpose. Although I do know the myth and comics, I believe, both say he is a full frost giant, I'm just saying movieverse Loki adult and baby really doesn't look it and there is an opening for a reason why. Hear me out, as we've seen him each time he changed he does not have the same facial bone structure, no caveman-like forehead, no ridges on the top of the head, voice is not nearly as low and deep like them. And of course, top of my list, Frost giants do not have jet black hair, they have no need to have developed hair to keep their heads warm since they are very accustomed to the cold and dont even need much for clothes. (and lastly, there is no way a full frost giant's baby is that adorable! lol) I'd like that either explained how he is half Asguardian or whatever, or have us see a full transformation, where he really does look like a real frost giant, just small, if that is indeed what he is. It may have been just lack of budget to fully transform the baby and Tom, or it could have been done on purpose. Will have to wait and see.

Edit: just to add to my reasons Loki is only half Frost Giant rant... look at the scenes on Jotunheim, the Asgardians all, including Loki, have breath you can see, indicating warm breath and warm bodies. The Frost Giants do not, there is stuff blowing around in the background, but no clear breath visible. When Loki says "Damn" for instance, you can clearly see his breath but not anything with all of Laufey's lines.

Last edited by elizah72; 10-18-2012 at 11:04 AM.
Old 10-15-2012, 05:06 PM   #214
American Maid
Side-Kick

Quote:
. . .Again, I think what will happen is they will need Loki with the bifrost in disrepair still, to then use his knowledge of of dark magic and the other ways to travel between realms, and possibly use his knowledge of the tesseract too, to help them travel to the different realms and fight to get things back in order. . . . Of all the punishments I know of for Loki, might be fun to see a variation on the one where he is bound to his wife, but instead bound magically (invisibly) to Thor, so he can't escape, even if he kills him, and has no choice but to spend time with him and help him. Would be fun to watch the forced brotherly bonding for sure.

. . .each time [Loki] changed he does not have the same facial bone structure, no caveman-like forehead, no ridges on the top of the head, voice is not nearly as low and deep like them. And of course, top of my list, Frost giants do not have jet black hair, they have no need to have developed hair to keep their heads warm since they are very accustomed to the cold . . . I'd like that either explained how he is half Asguardian or whatever, or have us see a full transformation, where he really does look like a real frost giant, just small, if that is indeed what he is. . . .Will have to wait and see.
I like all these ideas! It will be interesting to see what they do.

Old 10-15-2012, 05:40 PM   #215
Joeyjojo72
Side-Kick

So when Loki turns into a chick, what actress should play her? I say Eva Green.

Old 10-15-2012, 06:08 PM   #216
Doc Ock
The Desolation of Spidey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeyjojo72 View Post
Hex yea! :P

A Member of Raimi's "Spider-Man Trilogy" Fans | YOU MUST WATCH DOCTOR WHO | Love Smallville | I still believe in heroes Marvel Studios.
Old 10-15-2012, 06:13 PM   #217
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick

Eva Green should be Amora.

Old 10-15-2012, 07:38 PM   #218
elizah72
Side-Kick

Quote:
Another hope is we will see Loki go full frost giant again. I will be curious to see how much they transform him now that they have more of a budget (I assume). In the previous film, he (including baby Loki) really doesnt appear to be a FULL frost giant, just maybe half. And of course Odin never says anything about his mother, possibly on purpose. Although I do know the myth and comics, I believe, both say he is a full frost giant, I'm just saying movieverse Loki adult and baby really doesn't look it and there is an opening for a reason why. Hear me out, as we've seen him each time he changed he does not have the same facial bone structure, no caveman-like forehead, no ridges on the top of the head, voice is not nearly as low and deep like them. And of course, top of my list, Frost giants do not have jet black hair, they have no need to have developed hair to keep their heads warm since they are very accustomed to the cold and dont even need much for clothes. (and lastly, there is no way a full frost giant's baby is that adorable! lol) I'd like that either explained how he is half Asguardian or whatever, or have us see a full transformation, where he really does look like a real frost giant, just small, if that is indeed what he is. It may have been just lack of budget to fully transform the baby and Tom, or it could have been done on purpose. Will have to wait and see.
Just wanted to add to this, I just quickly rewatched with director's commentary, because I recalled something being said about this. During the Loki-Odin scene when Loki picks up the casket, Kenneth says... "we reveal that Loki is at least part Frost Giant." How much Ken knew about what they intend to do with this character in future who knows, but boy that is an interesting quote and again, certainly leaves the door very much wide open for more to be revealed about Loki's parentage.

On a sidenote. Oh, BOY. SOOOOO looking forward to more Tony/Odin - Tom/Loki dramatic scenes in Thor 2... those two are so very very excellent together.

Old 10-15-2012, 08:39 PM   #219
American Maid
Side-Kick

Quote:
Just wanted to add to this, I just quickly rewatched with director's commentary, because I recalled something being said about this. During the Loki-Odin scene when Loki picks up the casket, Kenneth says... "we reveal that Loki is at least part Frost Giant." How much Ken knew about what they intend to do with this character in future who knows, but boy that is an interesting quote and again, certainly leaves the door very much wide open for more to be revealed about Loki's parentage.
Oh, yes, very interesting! Thanks for that tidbit.

Old 10-16-2012, 08:30 AM   #220
Godzilla2000
A Healthy Addiction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeyjojo72 View Post
Why are you recasting the role of Sif? You do know that Sif is the body Loki's soul decided to hijack right?

Old 10-16-2012, 11:00 AM   #221
elizah72
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla2000 View Post
Why are you recasting the role of Sif? You do know that Sif is the body Loki's soul decided to hijack right?
I actually think it could be quite amusing if he decided to pretend to be Darcy for a little while (to get closer to Jane)

probably not going to happen, but it would be funny.

Old 10-17-2012, 07:10 AM   #222
Lei D Loki
Side-Kick

I like all your ideas for Thor 2 Elizah, especially about using Loki's magic to travel due to the Bifrost still being under construction. I mostly look forward to more bro-angst, Loki's new outfit, Loki's hair, more Loki magic and Loki living up to his name as God of Mischief (not evil per se).

IMO, Tom being 3rd in billing does not necessarily mean he'll get plenty of screen time. Marvel is just aware of how popular he is right now. I am okay with Loki having lesser screen time as long as he gets great character development and an interesting story.

I think Marvel should make a side-arc for Loki shown in bits and pieces through out all the upcoming Marvel movies. Loki is at his best when he is manipulating things behind the scenes. I think this could work. Make Loki be the man pulling all the strings of all the villains the other heroes fight in their own movies.

Old 10-17-2012, 07:36 AM   #223
Godzilla2000
A Healthy Addiction

Quote:
I actually think it could be quite amusing if he decided to pretend to be Darcy for a little while (to get closer to Jane)

probably not going to happen, but it would be funny.
There could be some rather comedic moments with that scenario as Loki's soul is searching for the proper body to inhabit.

*edit* Was just thinking of this but with Loki I don't on screen think that he has ever faced devastating loss before. If the rumor is true of Odin's impending death in this sequel I cannot wait to see this film. I bet in character losing Odin will drive him to madness from the grief. It would be a delicious scene to see all these emotions gushing from the character all at once. I'm sure that Loki would be blaming himself deep down inside for Odin's demise upon realizing that his actions directly caused it, driving him further into a state of madness.

Last edited by Godzilla2000; 10-18-2012 at 03:28 PM.
Old 10-20-2012, 02:59 PM   #224
elizah72
Side-Kick

And to continue my "I think Loki is only half frost giant" rant, if anyone is interested. I was looking at the original script for Thor recently. Odin refers to in the confrontation scene as Loki as "You are my son. My blood". That is wording that is certainly indicating blood relation, isn't it? In the scene where Loki plays Laufey later on, he does reveal to Laufey who he is and Laufey calls him "the bastard son" and doesn't seem to care about him at all. Why would he say and act like that if Loki were the child of Laufey and his wife? The answer is, at least in this early script, he isn't. He isn't even legitimate to Laufey here. I've also heard Tom and Kenneth refer to Loki as the bastard son, illegitimate son, in interviews before, which didnt make sense to me based on what I'd seen in the film and what I know Loki's parentage is supposed to be in myth and comics, unless they are subliminally giving away future Thor spoilers.

http://www.imsdb.com/scripts/Thor.html

Old 10-20-2012, 03:26 PM   #225
American Maid
Side-Kick

Quote:
And to continue my "I think Loki is only half frost giant" rant, if anyone is interested. I was looking at the original script for Thor recently. Odin refers to in the confrontation scene as Loki as "You are my son. My blood". That is wording that is certainly indicating blood relation, isn't it? In the scene where Loki plays Laufey later on, he does reveal to Laufey who he is and Laufey calls him "the bastard son" and doesn't seem to care about him at all. Why would he say and act like that if Loki were the child of Laufey and his wife? The answer is, at least in this early script, he isn't. He isn't even legitimate to Laufey here. I've also heard Tom and Kenneth refer to Loki as the bastard son, illegitimate son, in interviews before, which didnt make sense to me based on what I'd seen in the film and what I know Loki's parentage is supposed to be in myth and comics, unless they are subliminally giving away future Thor spoilers.

http://www.imsdb.com/scripts/Thor.html
I continue to think you're onto something . Here's another moment in the script that supports you: earlier in the scene you mention, the confrontation between Odin and Loki, Odin describes the baby he found as "Small for a giant's offspring." While there was much discussion over in the spoilers thread as to how tall exactly the Frost Giants are, all agree they are taller than Asgardians.

Now, I'm not certain the myths add clarity on this particular point. In the myths, Laufey is Loki's *mother* (and it's unclear whether she is a Frost Giant). His father in myth is Farbauti, a Frost Giant. (And for that matter Loki is Sleipnir's *mother*, from when he took the form of a mare)

I'll also note that in the script we're quoting, Odin specifically calls Loki Laufey's son, and Loki later greets him as "father".

But none of that takes away from the implication that Loki may be only half-Frost Giant!

Closed Thread