The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > The Dark Knight Rises

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2012, 09:33 AM   #376
Fudgie
Banned User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 2,197
Default Re: The Official Rate/Review Thread for TDKR (TAG SPOILERS!!!) - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
That would also be a great film if it's based on Arkham Asylum as well. You can get your Joker and your Catwoman. Just replace villains that aren't necessary like Bane, Poison Ivy and Zsasz with Catwoman.
Yup that's what I'm thinking. It would have been aces if Heath had lived and they did a mass Arkham break out that Joker turns into his own crazy looney inspired army.

The freaks taking over. Giving Gotham that better class of criminal and all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
Who is to say what some fanboys wanted to see in TDKR would have been done in a better way??
The fact that there's nothing wrong with what they wanted to see.

Quote:
Only in your own mind....but not necessarily in reality.
Ehhh and everything you're saying is in your own mind. Except you're just moaning about the moaning. Good one.

Quote:
Just some fanboys whining about not getting what they personally wanted to see in the film. That is all.
What are you then mister, a fanboy that is moaning he was so happy with what he got everyone else is wrong for not liking it as much as ya do.

Heh you're a funny one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
Let me put it to you this way; what makes you think it wouldn't? Write me out the reasons why what they've been saying is so bad it couldn't work. Try and include some of these alternative suggestions you've seen and why it could never work in the movie.



What do you mean only in my own mind? What are you basing that on, something that's in your own mind?

Why don't you take off the rose tinted glasses for a moment, try and get out of the frame of mind that Nolan delivered the best possible movie he could have here, and present some semblance of a convincing argument that explains why what the fans wanted would not have been an improvement on what we got.

Time to put your money where your mouth is, instead of just resorting to the usual "they're just whining fans", "it's only in your mind" childish remarks. I mean it would be so easy to label people with your attitude as blind apologists, Nolan fanboys etc but we don't, because it's easier and better to tear down your arguments rather than try and tear down you personally with insults that have no basis.

Give it a try.



Of course. Every critic and detractor of this movie is just a whining fanboy who just didn't see what they wanted. It's not that TDKR didn't have any genuine flaws.



Some fans are satisfied with anything they are given. Didn't I see you say you've never questioned the decisions of any of the Batman movies? That's fine for you. But forgive me if I don't put much stock in a perspective like that. You give the impression that you're a yes man. Happy with anything you're given regardless.
Quoted for truth.


Last edited by Fudgie; 11-08-2012 at 09:44 AM.
Fudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 09:22 PM   #377
Dark Knight
Banned User
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: LOST Island
Posts: 15,490
Default Re: The Official Rate/Review Thread for TDKR (TAG SPOILERS!!!) - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fudgie View Post
The fact that there's nothing wrong with what they wanted to see.

It's a "fact" huh?

Well of course it is.....

Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 09:26 PM   #378
Dark Knight
Banned User
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: LOST Island
Posts: 15,490
Default Re: The Official Rate/Review Thread for TDKR (TAG SPOILERS!!!) - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fudgie View Post
Yup that's what I'm thinking. It would have been aces if Heath had lived and they did a mass Arkham break out that Joker turns into his own crazy looney inspired army.

The freaks taking over. Giving Gotham that better class of criminal and all.



The fact that there's nothing wrong with what they wanted to see.



Ehhh and everything you're saying is in your own mind. Except you're just moaning about the moaning. Good one.



What are you then mister, a fanboy that is moaning he was so happy with what he got everyone else is wrong for not liking it as much as ya do.

Heh you're a funny one.



Quoted for truth.





I don't think anyone has said that TDKR's didn't have any flaws.

Doesn't every film have flaws?

What we are talking about are fanboys saying the movie was not a good a movie or they were dissapointed with the film, because "they" would have did it differently or they didn't see what they wanted to see.

That is what is at issue here folks.

Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 09:31 PM   #379
Dark Knight
Banned User
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: LOST Island
Posts: 15,490
Default Re: The Official Rate/Review Thread for TDKR (TAG SPOILERS!!!) - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fudgie View Post
Yup that's what I'm thinking. It would have been aces if Heath had lived and they did a mass Arkham break out that Joker turns into his own crazy looney inspired army.

The freaks taking over. Giving Gotham that better class of criminal and all.



The fact that there's nothing wrong with what they wanted to see.



Ehhh and everything you're saying is in your own mind. Except you're just moaning about the moaning. Good one.



What are you then mister, a fanboy that is moaning he was so happy with what he got everyone else is wrong for not liking it as much as ya do.

Heh you're a funny one.



Quoted for truth.





http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSIBS...ature=youtu.be

Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 01:50 AM   #380
Filmboy
Banned User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 394
Default Re: The Official Rate/Review Thread for TDKR (TAG SPOILERS!!!) - Part 3

Have to say Marion Cotillard is really smart.

Before the film release, she told reporters she is playing an original character.

And I actually believe her. Well, turns out, I got tricked by her.

You got me, Marion

Filmboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 01:56 AM   #381
Dark Knight
Banned User
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: LOST Island
Posts: 15,490
Default Re: The Official Rate/Review Thread for TDKR (TAG SPOILERS!!!) - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by violetspike123 View Post
TDKR was a letdown.


To a veeeerrrry small minority it was.

Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 07:06 AM   #382
Fudgie
Banned User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 2,197
Default Re: The Official Rate/Review Thread for TDKR (TAG SPOILERS!!!) - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
It's a "fact" huh?

Well of course it is....
Hey you're the one who likes to tell the critics all their complaints are just in their minds. What's the matter does your own medicine taste bitter to ya?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
I don't think anyone has said that TDKR's didn't have any flaws.

Doesn't every film have flaws?

What we are talking about are fanboys saying the movie was not a good a movie or they were dissapointed with the film, because "they" would have did it differently or they didn't see what they wanted to see.

That is what is at issue here folks.
That ain't an issue. Who is it invalid to say that flick was a letdown cos it did things in a way ya didn't like? If ya don't like the way Nolan did the story and think he pulled a bad call then ya think it's a bad flick.

Because ya like the stuff Nolan did doesn't make it a good flick either. Ya don't get to be a double standard. Sorry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
Yawn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by violetspike123 View Post
TDKR was a letdown.
Quoted for truth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
To a veeeerrrry small minority it was.
Keep telling yourself that. Betcha if we did a poll or something in the misc movie forum we'd get plenty saying it was a letdown.

Fudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 09:57 AM   #383
batfreakforever
A real fan
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 335
Default Re: The Official Rate/Review Thread for TDKR (TAG SPOILERS!!!) - Part 3

How do we bring joy to these forums?

batfreakforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 10:49 AM   #384
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized
 
BatLobsterRises's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: NJ
Posts: 7,284
Default Re: The Official Rate/Review Thread for TDKR (TAG SPOILERS!!!) - Part 3

I read all of Fudgie's posts in the Bane voice to keep myself jolly.

"Ehhhh victory has defeated Ya!"

"Quoted for TRUUEE JUSTICCCE!"



Last edited by BatLobsterRises; 11-09-2012 at 11:41 AM.
BatLobsterRises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 11:09 AM   #385
batfreakforever
A real fan
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 335
Default Re: The Official Rate/Review Thread for TDKR (TAG SPOILERS!!!) - Part 3

Whats funny is that for some strange reason on a batman movie forum it is almost wrong to like tdkr here. Wow I love this movie. But hang on, for another strange reason I have to explain why I love the new batman movie to batman fans on a batman movie forum. What has the world come too.

batfreakforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 11:18 AM   #386
batfreakforever
A real fan
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 335
Default Re: The Official Rate/Review Thread for TDKR (TAG SPOILERS!!!) - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by batfreakforever View Post
Whats funny is that for some strange reason on a batman movie forum it is almost wrong to like tdkr here. Wow I love this movie. But hang on, for another strange reason I have to explain why I love the new batman movie to batman fans on a batman movie forum. What has the world come too.
Hey man. Why do you love this movie? Come on, give me solid proof that its a great film. I dont believe you. I must of watched a different film.

batfreakforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 11:39 AM   #387
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized
 
BatLobsterRises's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: NJ
Posts: 7,284
Default Re: The Official Rate/Review Thread for TDKR (TAG SPOILERS!!!) - Part 3

Well, to be fair, Bat fans have always been a very vocal and passionate bunch.

__________________
IMAGINE THE FIRE
My TDKR Metal cover
My MOS Trailer 3 score recreation
My take on why there is no "DC Films" Division at WB:
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=158
BatLobsterRises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 12:30 PM   #388
Anno_Domini
Banned User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 17,997
Default Re: The Official Rate/Review Thread for TDKR (TAG SPOILERS!!!) - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filmboy View Post
Have to say Marion Cotillard is really smart.

Before the film release, she told reporters she is playing an original character.

And I actually believe her. Well, turns out, I got tricked by her.

You got me, Marion
Lol, I am sorry you actually believed her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
To a veeeerrrry small minority it was.
Now this is one of those 'Quote For Truth' kind of posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fudgie View Post
Keep telling yourself that. Betcha if we did a poll or something in the misc movie forum we'd get plenty saying it was a letdown.
So far 50/50 for your poll.

Don't know why you suspect it was a letdown when there is another poll asking which was the best CBM of 2012 in the general movies area and TDKR received the most votes there.

http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=389345


Anno_Domini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 12:53 PM   #389
TheIrishAvenger
You are not special.
 
TheIrishAvenger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Ireland
Posts: 6,877
Default Re: The Official Rate/Review Thread for TDKR (TAG SPOILERS!!!) - Part 3

Film was good, not nearly as good as The Dark Knight and Batman Begins... 4/5.

Don't worry, I saw the film on July 20th, just haven't commented here...

__________________
"We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible, and we count these moments. Those moments when we dared to aim higher -- to break barriers, to reach for the stars. To make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that, and perhaps we've just forgotten. That we're still pioneers, that we've barely begun and that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us -- because our destiny lies above us."

INTERSTELLAR
7.11.14



TheIrishAvenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 12:54 PM   #390
Dark Knight
Banned User
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: LOST Island
Posts: 15,490
Default Re: The Official Rate/Review Thread for TDKR (TAG SPOILERS!!!) - Part 3

Each person's perception is their own personal reality and some perceptions are more warped and twisted than others.


Last edited by Dark Knight; 11-09-2012 at 01:03 PM.
Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 12:55 PM   #391
Anno_Domini
Banned User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 17,997
Default Re: The Official Rate/Review Thread for TDKR (TAG SPOILERS!!!) - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIrishAvenger View Post
Film was good, not nearly as good as The Dark Knight and Batman Begins... 4/5.

Don't worry, I saw the film on July 20th, just haven't commented here...
Off topic, but I thought Mandarin said 'Chief' and not 'sheep'. Thought he was speaking to the President during that speech.

Anno_Domini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 01:01 PM   #392
Dark Knight
Banned User
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: LOST Island
Posts: 15,490
Default Re: The Official Rate/Review Thread for TDKR (TAG SPOILERS!!!) - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fudgie View Post
Keep telling yourself that. Betcha if we did a poll or something in the misc movie forum we'd get plenty saying it was a letdown.


You keep trying to convince yourself and others that the film wasn't good.

Facts are facts. The film was universally positively reviewed overall by critics and the general movie going public loved it and so did a majority of fanboys/fangirls.

If the Colorado tragedy didn't occur and if the film was post converted and released in a 3D option format. The domestic box office total would have been about 525-550 million instead of 450 million.

You lose....stop whining like a teenager and crying like a baby please, just because you didn't get the Bat film YOU personally wanted to see.


Last edited by Dark Knight; 11-09-2012 at 07:19 PM.
Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 09:13 PM   #393
C. Lee
I'm not old...I'm ancient
SHH! Administrator
 
C. Lee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 45,402
Default Re: The Official Rate/Review Thread for TDKR (TAG SPOILERS!!!) - Part 3

Let me put this out there...and I really hope you guys listen.

Stop the name calling. Stop telling people their OPINION is wrong. Stop the petty arguing.

C. Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 10:08 PM   #394
Anno_Domini
Banned User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 17,997
Default Re: The Official Rate/Review Thread for TDKR (TAG SPOILERS!!!) - Part 3

Gotta agree with Lee on this one as that was going a bit too far Dark Knight.

Anno_Domini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 12:52 AM   #395
MAKAVELI25
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 263
Default Re: The Official Rate/Review Thread for TDKR (TAG SPOILERS!!!) - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
Each person's perception is their own personal reality and some perceptions are more warped and twisted than others.
Where do you get off being so goddamn condescending? Each one of your posts reads like anyone who doesn't like the movie dislikes it because of some personal flaw. Who the hell are you? As someone who has yet to debate you on anything, I really have to tell you how much of an ass you sound like in every post. People have valid reasons for not liking the movie just as much as you seem to love it, just because we don't think it's as good as its predecessors doesn't make us warped or twisted. I don't even log in that much but you have been an irritating presence in almost every thread I've read recently

MAKAVELI25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 06:00 AM   #396
Tequilla
Side-Kick
 
Tequilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: P
Posts: 1,790
Default Re: The Official Rate/Review Thread for TDKR (TAG SPOILERS!!!) - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatLobsterRises View Post
That shot of Batman on top of the City Hall steps in the snow has got to be one of the finest images of Batman ever comited to film IMO.
That's one of the shots i think everyone involved in the visual department should be proud. The batsuit simply looks wonderful. And its very different from the interrogation scene. Its a bright scene , not overly stuffed , no extreme back-lighting...and it just looks magnificent .

Tequilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 09:26 AM   #397
TheIrishAvenger
You are not special.
 
TheIrishAvenger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Ireland
Posts: 6,877
Default Re: The Official Rate/Review Thread for TDKR (TAG SPOILERS!!!) - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
Off topic, but I thought Mandarin said 'Chief' and not 'sheep'. Thought he was speaking to the President during that speech.
Na, he said "sheep". At first, I thought he said "shes".

__________________
"We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible, and we count these moments. Those moments when we dared to aim higher -- to break barriers, to reach for the stars. To make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that, and perhaps we've just forgotten. That we're still pioneers, that we've barely begun and that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us -- because our destiny lies above us."

INTERSTELLAR
7.11.14




Last edited by TheIrishAvenger; 11-10-2012 at 09:33 AM.
TheIrishAvenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 01:17 PM   #398
Anno_Domini
Banned User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 17,997
Default Re: The Official Rate/Review Thread for TDKR (TAG SPOILERS!!!) - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIrishAvenger View Post
Na, he said "sheep". At first, I thought he said "shes".
Ahh, okay. Maybe it's just the way Mandarin sounds it's hard to understand some of his words, haha.

Anno_Domini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 01:21 PM   #399
Bruce_Begins
Taking a break.
 
Bruce_Begins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 6,453
Default Re: The Official Rate/Review Thread for TDKR (TAG SPOILERS!!!) - Part 3

^^ And people complained about Bane's voice which I had no trouble understanding.

__________________

*\S/T*

I'll be back !
Bruce_Begins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 02:37 PM   #400
Dark Knight
Banned User
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: LOST Island
Posts: 15,490
Default Re: The Official Rate/Review Thread for TDKR (TAG SPOILERS!!!) - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAKAVELI25 View Post
Where do you get off being so goddamn condescending? Each one of your posts reads like anyone who doesn't like the movie dislikes it because of some personal flaw. Who the hell are you? As someone who has yet to debate you on anything, I really have to tell you how much of an ass you sound like in every post. People have valid reasons for not liking the movie just as much as you seem to love it, just because we don't think it's as good as its predecessors doesn't make us warped or twisted. I don't even log in that much but you have been an irritating presence in almost every thread I've read recently



Who the hell am I? I'm a person on a public forum expressing my opinions. Just like you.

Sooo...where the hell do you get off trying to attack me?

Hey, I don't log in that much to this site for the same reasons. So we have something in common.

I'm the only irritating presence on this site??

People have valid reasons to like the movie and to dislike the movie and people are debating it. If you have issue with that, than stay logged off.

Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:47 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.