The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > The Cutting Room Floor

Old 08-06-2012, 09:17 PM   #26
Thedudehimself
Banned User

Default Re: Your Top 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkSovereignty View Post
ummm, where on my list do you see a comic book film?
I wasent talking about you. I was talking about my general experience with Comic-Nerds on the Internet.

Thedudehimself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 09:18 PM   #27
DarkSovereignty
Wubba Lubba Dub Dub

oh my mistake, I apologize for the hostility.

To alot of people, especially kids my age who grew up in Bush's America, TDK is kind of like our Woodstock. I'm not an idiot.
DarkSovereignty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 02:55 AM   #28
cryptic name
No Limits

Badlands (Terrance Malick, 1973)
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Jaws (Steven Spielberg, 1975)
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Pan's Labyrinth (Guillermo del Toro, 2006)
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Taxi Driver (Martin Scorsese, 1976)
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Danger Diabolik (Mario Bava, 1968)
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Batman (Tim Burton, 1989)
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Videodrome (David Cronenberg, 1983)
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Big Trouble in Little China (John Carpenter, 1986)
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

The Big Lebowski (Ethan and Joel Coen, 1998)
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Jackie Brown (Quentin Tarantino, 1997)
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Honorable Mentions:
The Prestige
The Dark Knight Trilogy (doesn't feel right to pick one)
Monster Squad
Chinatown
Hot Fuzz

Directors:
Guillermo del Toro
Christopher Nolan
Martin Scorsese
David Cronenberg
David Fincher
Nicolas Winding Refn
Akira Kurosawa
Stanley Kubrick
Edgar Wright
Steven Spielberg

I believe in Batfleck

Last edited by cryptic name; 08-16-2012 at 03:57 AM.
cryptic name is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 02:58 AM   #29
cryptic name
No Limits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thedudehimself View Post
Yeah, I know my list wasent comic-booky enough.

Whilst I really enjoy CBMs they just dont make for flawless or timeless masterpieces. They just dont have that quality. Nolans Batman came close but compared to the movies I listed (and also explained why I listed them) even NOlans Batman seems pretty bland.

Thats how it is. But many Comic-Geeks just wont face the fact that movies by true masters about truly interesting themes are much better than every CBM can ever get.
No movie is flawless.

I believe in Batfleck
cryptic name is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 03:08 AM   #30
Matt Mortem
A Most Wanted Ham

I'm loving these lists guys. It's opening my eyes to move's I've either never seen or overlooked on my first viewing. I'm gonna have to start watching/rewatching a bunch of stuff.

Matt Mortem is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 04:21 AM   #31
hopefuldreamer
I'm a girl!

Quote:
Yeah, I know my list wasent comic-booky enough.
No, it was just full of the same films that usually make it onto bog standard top 10 films lists... it's just nothing new.

As I said before, when I make a top 10 list, i'd rather list the films that I love on a truly personal level, rather than just the one's I think are the most timeless, well made, cinema changing, artistic etc.

I think back to my father. As a farmer, he had a natural understanding for the Earth. I remember him telling me this world is capable of providing for all its creatures. Even now, with so many more people, there exists enough food for everyone.

"The problem," Pa used to say, "is people. As far back as we go, we've always had problems with sharing. Seems everyone's too busy holding on to what they've got to care how their neighbors are doing."

*\S/T*

Last edited by hopefuldreamer; 08-07-2012 at 04:24 AM.
hopefuldreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 06:07 PM   #32
Homer J. Fong
Not a golem

I probably don't need to point this out, but this is a completely personal list, encompassing the movies that I go back to most, the movies that inspire me the most, and the movies that demonstrate my taste most accurately. I'm showing my 23 years of age, because it's heavy on the modern - much as I'd love to have this list full of obscurities and really be able to show off my film geek credentials here, but being true to myself, this is my top ten:

10. The Lord of the Rings trilogy
The word "epic" is insanely overused these days, but it should be reserved for something like this. I'll just leave it at this, so as not to go on too long (it's a slippery slope): This trilogy's are an astounding success.

9. Batman Returns
Tim Burton is the first director I ever loved, the first director whose films I ever studied or analyzed, and this is the first Burton film that I really tried to break down and figure out what it was doing and why I loved it so much. (I hope it's needless to say that I figured those things out, because I created an entire thread to review it one scene at a time.) This was one of the first films for which I thought, "Somebody made this" - although, of course, hundreds of people worked together to make it - and I continue to connect to it. It's one of my favorites from my favorite director. It's one of my favorites featuring one of my favorite fictional characters. It's one of the movies that made me want to make movies.

8. Disney's Beauty and the Beast
I try not to say that a movie has "something for everyone," but with a movie like t his, don't you have to say it has something for everyone? Try not to be moved by it. Try not to fall in love with it. Go on, I dare you. You go try, I'll wait here.

7. Ed Wood
This is a movie of such beautiful sincerity. There's no ironic detachment or above-it-all attitude, but instead a view on the "worst director ever" that says that, even though he lacked what we humans know to be talent, his energy, comfort, and confidence in himself, and the love of movies and making movies are to be admired. Only Tim Burton (my guy, my favorite director) could have made this movie.

6. Young Frankenstein
This was the first comedy I ever loved that was not really for me, but while I didn't get all of the jokes (some because I hadn't seen the original 1930s Universal movies yet, some because I was too young), I did basically "get it." That I was enjoying something that wasn't for kids carried a certain cool feeling, that it was the first black and white movie I ever saw has a certain importance...but more than anything, I've probably laughed more watching Young Frankenstein than I have at anything ever. It played a big part in shaping my sense of humor.

5. Disney's Aladdin
I'm pretty sure just about everyone likes Aladdin, but I still think it's kind of undeated. I think it's a terrific comedy, a great romantic comedy, and one of the most entertaining adventures I've seen. This is Disney at the peak of its power, which means you have animators like Glen Keane and Andreas Deja bringing life to their characters in remarkable ways; there's more nuance and depth than one might expect or remember. This is one of the movies I use to exemplify why animators are actors in their own way and right. All around, Aladdin is fantastic entertainment.

4. Pulp Fiction
When I saw Pulp Fiction, I felt so exhilarated, it's like I forgot what seeing a great movie felt like and was being reminded with 10,000-volt shock to the system. I don't know how to intellectualize why it works as well as it does - and goodness knows I don't need to, because there's been enough analysis of this film - but man, I love every inch of it.

3. The Dark Knight
It might be a bit much to have two Batman movies on my top ten...but I don't care. Here's the most riveting thriller I've seen, a crime drama and superhero story of great scope and ambition that I keep finding new reasons to admire.

2. The Nightmare Before Christmas
Ask me five years ago and I don't know if this would have been so high, but it ages remarkably well. I admire the artistry of the whole film more and more with each viewing: the wonderful songs, the painstaking, rich detail of the stop-motion animation, on and on.

1. the Star Wars saga
Star Wars Episodes IV-VI are three of the movies that come up most when a great filmmaker is asked what movies influenced or inspired them. For so many of us - whether we decide we want to make movies too or not - these are the first movies that get us asking, "How did they do that?" I can think of no greater example of the phrase "movie magic" than the Star Wars saga, and that goes beyond the wow factor of the images and sounds.

I lump the Star Wars and The Lord of the Rings films together, because...well, because I want to; it's easier for me to evaluate them that way, and they are meant to act as one massive film, so it feels acceptable.

BATMAN FOREVER
SCENE BY SCENE

Last edited by Homer J. Fong; 08-07-2012 at 06:14 PM.
Homer J. Fong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 08:34 PM   #33
DarkSovereignty
Wubba Lubba Dub Dub

figured I'd elaborate on my list, this time in in descending order.

10. My Cousin Vinnie. This, along with Waynes World, Is probably my favorite comedy. EVER. but the the reason this movie makes the list in place of waynes world is that this movie has some of the best comedic writing I've ever seen. the trial scenes, especially the ones where Vinnie knows what he's doing, are riveting to watch, his arguments with marisa tomei are gold, Fre Gwyn is just hysterical as he plays the straight man to Joe Pesci. This movie is just a constant enjoyment for me to watch.

9. Little Shop of Horrors. Great music, great performances from Moranis, Green (and probably the only role I've ever actually enjoyed Steve martin in), great classic Hollywood sets with that charming vintage 50's aesthetic, and then the real star of the movie, the phenomenal creature effects on the Audrey II by the Jim Henson creature company with the energetic and hilarious voice work of Levi Stubbs, what can I say, this is just pure movie magic and I love it.

8. Cabin in the Woods. Now I've never considered myself a "horror fan," save for a few classics that don't generally scare me so much as just impress me on pure cinematic value. And part of the reason for that is the formulas that encompassed the majority the horror genres, just the same old tropes over and over again. That's why I love this movie, this movie completely dissects the horror genre, lays it bare on a slab and says, "there you go, everything you'll ever have to know about horror movies, now do something new." not to mention just overall fantastic writing from one of my favorite screen writers, joss whedon as well as introducing me to new talent to watch out for in Drew Goddard.

7. Star Wars. What do I say, it's a staple in science fiction film, it marries the classic joseph campbell-monomyth, space opera, samurai films and Taoism to create a rich and expansive universe that still captures imaginations today.

6. Gojira. This is where my love of cinema began, watching Japanese monster movies with my mother. As I've grown I've come to appreciate the genre as sort of a kitsch genre, there are few monster movies that transcend the stigma of movies about men in rubber suits wrestling in fake model cities. One of which is Gojira, the move that started it all. A brooding allegory for the horrors of atomic warfare and the threat of what could result from 'too much' progress in science.

5. Wall-E. My favorite Pixar film, this movie works on almost every level. For one it takes the concept that film is first and foremost a visual medium and exemplifies it masterfully. A warm touching romance between two characters that never share a coherent dialogue. and yeah, the "message" may not be subtle, but hey, if it wrings true, let that flag fly, just because something's upfront doesn't mean it's wrong or not done well, and it's done wonderfully here.

4. Back to the Future. this movie is just so much damn fun. The writing is great, the dialogue is witty, it has wonderful score by Alvin Silvestri, and the performances are all top notch, there isn't anything I don't love about this movie. It hits all the right notes and while not the deepest movie it's a great look at the clashing cultures of the 50's and 80's. two very different Americas, yet still some things never change.

3. Jurassic Park. This movie has it all. great pacing, great score, thrills, laughs, and a sense of awe missing from more contemporary cinema. The simple fact that you don't fully see the dinosaurs until about thirty minutes is one reason I love it. One thing I hate in movies is when the film blows its wad too early, to put it crudely. Like John Carter, within the first five minutes we're being shown a bunch of stuff happening on a plaet we're unfamiliar with to people we don't care about, opting to just throw us into the action without providing context for anything. Jurassic park builds it up, brief hints here and there, but before we see anything interesting we are first introduced to our casts of characters, each of their personalities being highlighted, their relationships established. Then, it hits, and when it does, we feel the same awe as they do, that is audiance surrogacy at it's finest, something most filmmakers today don't seem to grasp .

2. Psycho. The film that created the slasher genre, challenged the censors that reigned supreme in that day, and just overall mind-f***ed audiences across the country. Alfred Hitchcock, a master at his craft, always said that film was manipulating the viewer, and man does he do that in spades here. The complete 180 he pulls here, what starts off as a romance drama about desperation and the lengths on will go to for the ones they love, and forty minutes in bam, our main character is murdered and the narrative begins to get tossed around between the investigators of her disappearance and her murderer, Norman Bates, maybe one of the greatest film villains ever.

1. Jaws. One would say that this is another monster movie that takes special care to establish it's characters, but Jaws is so much more than that. This is a character piece first and foremost, about a cast of individuals trying to survive a force of nature that has beset their small shore-front town of Amity. The acting alone in this movie is oscar worthy. What started out a schlocky B movie wound up becoming the worlds first blockbuster. One shot that blows my mind, the three protagonists embark on their quest to battle the beast, and how is this shown? an shot of their ship leaving the dock through a window, framed by the jawbone of a shark hung on display in the window, showing travel literally into the jaws of the beast. this movie is what makes me truly appreciate film an as art-form.

To alot of people, especially kids my age who grew up in Bush's America, TDK is kind of like our Woodstock. I'm not an idiot.

Last edited by DarkSovereignty; 08-10-2012 at 03:30 PM.
DarkSovereignty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 10:44 PM   #34
DCW
Chief's got it.

1. Star Wars 1977

2. Raiders of the Lost Ark 1981

3. The Fellowship of the Ring 2001

4. Jurassic Park 1993

5. Blade Runner 1982

6. Batman 1989

7. Jaws 1979

8. Rocky 1976

9. Back to the Future 1985

10. The Terminator 1984

Is it sad that I think about this all the time?

DCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 02:28 PM   #35
nite-owl
Side-Kick

Jaws
Taxi Driver
Blue Velvet
Once Upon a Time in the West
The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford
The Seventh Seal
The Empire Strikes Back
Ghostbusters
The Master

Last edited by nite-owl; 08-17-2013 at 03:34 PM.
nite-owl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 03:07 PM   #36
Watchman
Adios, Cowboy

1. Brazil
2. Paths of Glory
3. Yojimbo
4. Night of the Hunter
5. Sweet Smell of Sucess
6. The Great Dictator
7. Mulholland Drive
8. The Ruling Class
9. The Royal Tenenbaums
10. The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly

Old 08-10-2012, 08:15 PM   #37
moviedoors
Side-Kick

Off the top o' the noggin', and in no order:

No Country For Old Men
2001: A Space Odyssey
Apocalypse Now

Actually, **** it. Those are the three I always fall back on when I'm pondering something being potentially in the "top five" or "ten." Those are always the three that crop up first.

moviedoors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 09:08 PM   #38
PSYLENTGuardian
El Pollos Hermano

1. Terminator 2: Judgment Day
2. Forrest Gump
3. The Breakfast Club
4. Annie Hall
5. Back to the Future
6. (500) Days of Summer
7. The Social Network
8. Fight Club
9. Office Space
10. The Karate Kid (1984)

PSYLENTGuardian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 12:23 PM   #39
Radioactive1980
Banned User

-The Avengers (2012)
-Robocop (1987)
-Faster Pussycat Kill! Kill! (1965)
-Dark Knight trilogy (2005-12)
-Ong Bak 3 (2010)
-Zombie (1979)
-Rocky series (1976-2005)
-Dawn of the Dead (1978)
-Enter the Dragon (1973)
-Batman (1989)

Something like that.

Radioactive1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 05:29 AM   #40
Fanboy rivalry? Yawn.

1. Alien
2. The Godfather
3. The Godfather: Part 2
4. Star Wars: Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back
5. The Good, the Bad and the Ugly
6. Once Upon a Time in America
7. Magnolia
8. Terminator 2: Judgement Day
9. 2001: A Space Odyssey
10. Blade Runner

Always subject to change of course.

1. The Dark Knight | 2. Superman: The Movie | 3. Batman Begins | 4. The Avengers | 5. Batman Returns
6. Captain America: The Winter Soldier | 7. X2 | 8. X-Men: Days of Future Past | 9. Spider-Man 2 | 10. The Dark Knight Rises
747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 05:50 AM   #41
Mandalore464
New User

Edit : Deleted

Last edited by Mandalore464; 10-18-2012 at 03:35 AM.
Mandalore464 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 10:05 PM   #42
DCW
Chief's got it.

^ So glad to see the fountain on your list, very underrated film in my opinion!

DCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 12:45 PM   #43
cabel
Side-Kick

Millennium Actress
The Land Before Time
The Shawshank Redemption
Frankenstein/The Bride Of Frankenstein
Clerks
Gojira
The Neverending Story
The Avengers
Sleeping Beauty
Seven Samurai

cabel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 01:48 PM   #44
spider-neil
spins a web any size!

Sci-Fi is my favorite genre by a mile so whilst I absolutely love the likes of Shawshank Redemption, TDK/TDKR, SM2, LOTR trilogy, etc, my top 10 is made up of Sci-Fi movies.

1. The Matrix
2. Blade Runner
3. The Empire Strikes Back
4. T2
5. Aliens
6. Robocop
7. Terminator
8. Back to the Future
9. The Abyss
10. Total Recall (the original)

spider-neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 10:10 AM   #45
CConn
Fountainhead of culture.

Here's my current list. It shifts slightly depending on my mood and interests and whatnot...

1. Batman
Along with Blade Runner, I think Tim Burton's Batman may be the only modern film to ever recapture the infinitely gorgeous and artistic style of the gothic filmmaking of the early part of the 20th Century. Rarely do you find a film as beautifully shot and designed as Batman. Most seem to overlook this film purely due to its rather simplistic and unsurprising plotting, but the true genius of the film is conveyed through its characters, their progression, and the infinitely subtle yet still performance by its lead, Michael Keaton. It's not a film that you'd ever be able to appreciate upon your first viewing, but after seeing it at least hundreds of times in my life, I can say with some confidence that it's one of the most complete, and most deftly directed films I've ever seen.

2. Inception
As I eluded to in my above paragraph, what I often look for in film is a completeness to the overall production; a point in which artistic quality is achieved in all aspects of film; from direction, to writing, to acting, to art direction and score; and Inception is one the very few movies that succeeds on all of those levels. Moreover, nearly every artistic choice made almost magically seemed to fit my own preferences as a purveyor of art; from its concept, to it's costuming, it worked on all levels for me.

3. The Life Aquatic
With my favorite films, I often seek out a certain level of personal connection or recognition. While not Wes Anderson's most lauded film, The Life Aquatic hits both a comedic and emotional tone that fits my own personality and demeanor quite resolutely. Moreover, he compounds these aspects with downright picturesque cinematography and quite possibly the most innovative and quirky soundtrack I've ever heard.

4. Persona
Every once in a while you see a film that simply decries itself as the origin of legend and homage. Persona is one of those films. With its cinematography and themes, Bergman downright defined his genre of intellectual and metaphorical filmmaking; utilizing directorial and visual elements that have been copied and parodied for the past 50 years.

5. Brick
There's just something about the movie Brick that clicks for me. Maybe it's the fact it's an unabashed loveletter to the noir detective tales of the 1940s or maybe it's due to its strong reliance on visual intrigue, character work, and a strog performance by its lead to emphasis it's point and purpose. Either way, Brick has to be one of the most under-appreciated films of the past decade.

6. Kill Bill, Vol. 1
Much like Inception, Kill Bill has got to be one of the most incredibly complete and conceived films I've ever seen. I'm not a big devotee of Asian cinema, but it's quite obvious that Tarantino takes cues from numerous classic samurai, ninja, and even western cowboy films to craft an incredibly lush and exciting world filled with action and violence.

7. M
8. The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly
9. The Departed
10. There Will Be Blood

Some honorable mentions...

11. The Fellowship of the Ring
12. Blade Runner
13. The Invisible Man
14. Moonrise Kingdom
15. Raiders of the Lost Ark

Last edited by CConn; 09-24-2012 at 12:08 PM. Reason: I'll type more when I get the chance.
CConn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 11:00 AM   #46
CConn
Fountainhead of culture.

Quote:
Nolans Batman came close but compared to the movies I listed (and also explained why I listed them) even NOlans Batman seems pretty bland.
I know it's really pointless for me to say this, as this dude is banned, but...

It's ironic, when I read his list, the first think I thought was "all of those movies are horribly bland."

Old 09-29-2012, 05:36 PM   #47
Johnny Drama
Sex Panther

No way I could just do 10.

1. The Dark Knight

2. American Psycho

3. Jurassic Park

4. Batman (1989)

5. Terminator 2

6. The Crow

7. The Secret Of My Success

8. Moonrise Kingdom

9. Who Framed Roger Rabbit

10. Halloween (1978)

-

11. Nightmare On Elm Street (1984)

12. Aliens

13. The Dark Knight Rises

14. Robocop

15. A Perfect World

16. Chinatown

17. Brick

18. Happy Campers

19. Heathers

20. Inception

-

21. X-Men First Class

22. The Wizard Of Oz

23. Big Fish

24. The Rules Of Attraction

25. Tekon Kinkreet

26. The Lion King

27. Teen Wolf

28. The Goonies

29. Spiderman 2

30. Batman Begins

-

31. No Country For Old Men

32. Pan's Labyrinth

33. Ned Kelly

34. Lost In Translation

35. Return Of The Jedi

36. Ghostbusters

37. Mystic River

38. Mysterious Skin

39. Garden State

40. Back To The Future

-

41. Death Proof

42. Ninja Scroll

43. The Professional

44. Moon

45. The Butterfly Effect

46. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (1990)

47. Superman 2

48. Swamp Thing

49. Star Trek II

50. Shawn Of The Dead

Last edited by Johnny Drama; 09-29-2012 at 05:48 PM.
Johnny Drama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 06:13 PM   #48
kewlmatto
Side-Kick

I find it so hard to say only ten films out of the history of cinema. It's certainly impossible for me to rank them - they'll just have to sit there in no certain order.

Double Indemnity, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Network, All About Eve, Vertigo, The Shining, American Beauty, L.A. Confidential, Inglourious Basterds, The Royal Tenenbaums.

And that top ten would be in a state of flux anyway. But those are the ten best in my mind right now.

Old 09-29-2012, 07:37 PM   #49
Incrediblejeff
Still Incredible

I'll do my top 10 favorites.

10.)A Streetcar Named Desire

A great film featuring a classic performance by Brando and Vivien Leigh.their performances are fantastic as is the rest of the cast.This is a movie that made Marlon Brando my favorite actor.

9.)Malcolm X

This film pretty much made Spike Lee one my favorite Directors.I believe this is the film where he proved how great he was.Denzel Washington is very belivable as Malcolm X to the point where you forget that he's not.Which is something that I think any great biopic should aspire to do.

8.)Antwone Fisher

I have to say I almost cried while watching this.Antwone Fisher was a film I could relate to the most in various ways.I can see some of myself in the character.Which is probably why I love this movie so much.

7.)Metropolis

I'm happy I waited till the complete edition that came out to watch this film(Which is still incomplete btw).I'm pretty amazed that this film was made in 1927 because visually it put's a lot of modern films to shame.As incomplete as it may be it's still a masterpiece.

6.)American History X

Ed Norton is ruthless vile man that's very unlikable,and learns the errors of his way.This film is pretty powerful and very dark.It's one of the best films about Racism in general.

5.)Diabolique (1955)

A film Hitchcock wished he had made.Which is understandable because this is one of the greatest Thrillers I have ever seen in my life..The ending shocked the hell out of me.A masterclass in suspense.

4.)Planet of the Apes (1968)

This is my favorite Sci-fi film of all time.How most people feel about Star Wars is how I feel about Planet of The Apes.This is one of the first films that I fell in love with.

3.)Batman Returns

As unfaithful as it is.Flaws and all I love this movie.It may not be Batman's film,but I really love the movies atmosphere.The hyper-stylized Gotham city (that's inspired by German impressionism) is wonderful.It may not be a masterpiece,but I still enjoy it.

2.)City of God

Great Storytelling and editing.It's nearly flawless.I love the fast paced nature and the epic scale of the film.Absolutely one of my favorite films of all time.I would say this is the best film about drug dealing ever.

1.)Fight Club

I know it's a very cliche choice for #1,so why lie I love this movie.It's a movie that takes you by surprise.The film and story are pretty stylized(something that I love very much)Brad Pitt and Ed Norton both give great performances.

Old 09-29-2012, 09:20 PM   #50
Happy Jack
Iconographer

The problem with these kind of huge top 10 lists is that they almost always change, for me at least. It is almost futile to even try because tastes ebb and flow and there are just so many (great) movies that I haven't seen. With that being said, this is my very loose list, which is not in order and is subject to revision.

Amadeus
Blade Runner
The Dark Knight
Raiders of the Lost Ark
The Godfather
The Empire Strikes Back
Se7en
The Lord of the Rings
The Shawshank Redemption
Apocalypse Now

That was hard and not totally worth it.

Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare
The lone and level sands stretch far away.
Happy Jack is online now   Reply With Quote