Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Marvel Films

Closed Thread

Old 08-22-2012, 12:44 AM   #301
Zant
Side-Kick

Default Re: Fantastic Four reborn! - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB-the-Hunter View Post
First Class may have been treated well as a film, although I didn't think it was even that good a movie, but as a comic book movie it STILL sucks. After so many attempts you'd think FOX would get that people actually want to see what's in the comics on the big screen. Maybe The Avengers and the fact that so many people want their properties to revert back to MS taught them a lesson.
Avengers did not have Ant man and Wasp as founding members,I guess that means it sucks as a comic book movie. Oh and I'm sure its only Marvel studio fanboys that want x men back to Marvel

Old 08-22-2012, 01:03 AM   #302
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zant View Post
Avengers did not have Ant man and Wasp as founding members,I guess that means it sucks as a comic book movie. Oh and I'm sure its only Marvel studio fanboys that want x men back to Marvel
... i don't think anyone on here is saying they want a litteral play by play of the books.. no one wants to see hulk in a tutu ...

We're talking about the spirit, the heart of these characters.. what makes them tick, they're personalities.. etc... The X-men did a good job at Magneto and Xavier and to an extent Mystique, Wolverine, Nightcrawler.... but.. there's several characters who were a hollow shell of who they are in the books...

Giving them the same name and powers as their comic counter part is not enough to make them who they are. Iceman, Colossus, Cyclops, Jean, and storm for instance were nearly unrecognizable if you stripped them of their powers and name.

that's at least what i'm talking about

DING DONG DOMA IS DEAD and PROP 8 has been slayed June 26th, 2013
[=]
Old 08-22-2012, 06:33 AM   #303
Saitou Hajime
Side-Kick

I'd give anything to have an X-Men movie that's an actual ensemble piece as opposed to what amounts to a solo movie with several dozen cyphers as their supporting cast.

Old 08-22-2012, 09:40 AM   #304
R_Hythlodeus
Nerd Supreme

errr... why keanu? why not someone who can, you know, act?
I know... it's a silly thought....

RANDOM BLOCKBUSTER SEQUEL: RETURN OF THE RISING DARKNESS
------------------------------

ZWERG/ELF

a fantasy RPG based bilingual webcomic

Old 08-22-2012, 11:04 AM   #305
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saitou Hajime View Post
I'd give anything to have an X-Men movie that's an actual ensemble piece as opposed to what amounts to a solo movie with several dozen cyphers as their supporting cast.
yeah... and as much as i love the Xavier/Magneto theme.. i think 4 movies dealing with it is a bit excessive. X-men really need a film where it's truly about the team. not it's leaders + wolverine

[=]
Old 08-22-2012, 12:58 PM   #306
Zant
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by spideyboy_1111 View Post
... i don't think anyone on here is saying they want a litteral play by play of the books.. no one wants to see hulk in a tutu ...

We're talking about the spirit, the heart of these characters.. what makes them tick, they're personalities.. etc... The X-men did a good job at Magneto and Xavier and to an extent Mystique, Wolverine, Nightcrawler.... but.. there's several characters who were a hollow shell of who they are in the books...

Giving them the same name and powers as their comic counter part is not enough to make them who they are. Iceman, Colossus, Cyclops, Jean, and storm for instance were nearly unrecognizable if you stripped them of their powers and name.

that's at least what i'm talking about
Fair enough,but I will add Kitty,Pyro, Beast, Jean, Stryker and Shaw as characters that the films did a good job on

Old 08-22-2012, 01:28 PM   #307
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zant View Post
Fair enough,but I will add Kitty,Pyro, Beast, Jean, Stryker and Shaw as characters that the films did a good job on
Kitty was literally just Ellen page....pyro and mystique were improvements but jean as phoenix was a major let down

Beast, xaiver, nightcrawler, and magneto are easily the most like they are in the books

[=]

Last edited by spideyboy_1111; 08-22-2012 at 01:34 PM.
Old 08-22-2012, 02:17 PM   #308
JB-the-Hunter
Hunter of weaklings

All I want to see is an X-Men film like The Avengers or the Star Trek reboot, or Scott Pilgrim for that matter. Where each character is treated like a character and not a glorified extra. Even if their roles in the stories are uneven, as the long as the lesser characters have a big impact on the story I'd be fine ala Hawkeye and Coulson.

Bruce Banner - "Captain America is on threat watch?"

Natasha Romanoff - "We all are."
Old 08-22-2012, 02:24 PM   #309
jaymes_e06
TRINITY

Quote:
All I want to see is an X-Men film like The Avengers or the Star Trek reboot, or Scott Pilgrim for that matter. Where each character is treated like a character and not a glorified extra. Even if their roles in the stories are uneven, as the long as the lesser characters have a big impact on the story I'd be fine ala Hawkeye and Coulson.
This all day long.

:o
Old 08-22-2012, 03:01 PM   #310
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymes_e06 View Post
This all day long.
triples it

[=]
Old 08-22-2012, 03:16 PM   #311
Incrediblejeff
Still Incredible

Make it 4.

Old 08-22-2012, 04:53 PM   #312
Homer J. Fong
Not a golem

Not to break the "4" thing, which would be cool to maintain because this is a FF thred, but I agree with that. We've had two or three great X-Men movies, but we've yet to have one that strikes just the right balance between all the team members.

On the FF reboot, I'd really love to see David Tennant as Reed and Elizabeth Banks as Sue. I don't have fantasy casting for Johnny or Ben.

BATMAN FOREVER
SCENE BY SCENE
Old 08-23-2012, 12:11 AM   #313
BatsDC
Tranktastic

I want David Tennant for Reed too.

Old 08-23-2012, 01:04 AM   #314
DrCosmic
Professor of Power

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homer J. Fong View Post
Not to break the "4" thing, which would be cool to maintain because this is a FF thred, but I agree with that. We've had two or three great X-Men movies, but we've yet to have one that strikes just the right balance between all the team members.
And I'm coming in at number 6.

I think that's the difference between an okay film, one in which all the characters are sacrificed narratively serve the star (X-Men films), and a truly great film, in which all the supporting characters are cool in and of themselves and support the story (Inception, TDK series, Avengers)

I think the Fantastic Four films suffered from this as well, they were, in many ways, Johnny's movies. He had all the best lines, and ended up fighting Surfer Doom one on one in the end. I think a truly great FF film will give Reed, Sue and Ben equal coolness and narrative prescience as Johnny had.

Old 08-23-2012, 05:59 AM   #315
Spider - Man
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by R_Hythlodeus View Post
errr... why keanu? why not someone who can, you know, act?
I know... it's a silly thought....
It is a silly thought when the fact is he's had better than average success as a, you know, actor. Why Keanu?
He'd bring the star factor without breaking the budget.
He has the physical look of reed. As I pointed out, he actually looks like a living jack Kirby drawing.
He's best at doing the stoic, serious character with the rather wooden personality which is reed.
He's well known to the genre (matrix, Constantine).

Old 08-23-2012, 09:06 AM   #316
Project862006
Banned User

i'd prefer brody over reeves and brody imo is a bad choice too lol

Old 08-23-2012, 09:26 AM   #317
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

I think the final battle with Doom in a later movie should be Mr. Fantastic vs. Doom, partly physical and partly just from their own knowledge via inventions or weapons they've respectively created. The other three can take part, but they shouldn't be able to really do much damage.

Old 08-23-2012, 09:27 AM   #318
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider - Man View Post
It is a silly thought when the fact is he's had better than average success as a, you know, actor. Why Keanu?
He'd bring the star factor without breaking the budget.
He has the physical look of reed. As I pointed out, he actually looks like a living jack Kirby drawing.
He's best at doing the stoic, serious character with the rather wooden personality which is reed.
He's well known to the genre (matrix, Constantine).
Keanu has plenty of movies under his belt that don't bring in an audience... These days he's known for being a bad , wooden actor and is the butt of alot of jokes... might as well bring in Kristen Stewart as sue, Taylor lautner as johnny, Mel Gibson as Thing, and Nicholas Cage as Dr. Doom.....

[=]

Last edited by spideyboy_1111; 08-23-2012 at 09:31 AM.
Old 08-23-2012, 09:31 AM   #319
Project862006
Banned User

i did like reeves in street kings probably his best work

Old 08-23-2012, 10:50 AM   #320
Spider - Man
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by spideyboy_1111 View Post
Keanu has plenty of movies under his belt that don't bring in an audience... These days he's known for being a bad , wooden actor and is the butt of alot of jokes... might as well bring in Kristen Stewart as sue, Taylor lautner as johnny, Mel Gibson as Thing, and Nicholas Cage as Dr. Doom.....
Translation: Keanu has plenty of movies under his belt that don't bring in (Spiderboy 1111)... These days he's known (by spiderboy 1111) for being a bad , wooden actor and is the butt of alot of jokes (by spiderboy 1111)

This is your opinion, not fact. If he wasn't bringing in audiences, he wouldn't still be making movies. I gave my opinion on who I thought would make a good Reed and why. Don't try to rebut by presenting your opinion as fact.

Kristen Stewart as sue (would be better than Jessica Alba)
Taylor lautner as johnny, Mel Gibson as Thing (this is just retarded on your part and don't even meet the criteria I used for liking Reaves for Reed)
Nicholas Cage as Dr. Doom (would be MUCH better than McMahon but still doesn't meet the criteria I used to nominate Reaves, i.e.: has the look and characteristics of the character).

Anyway, as I said, think what you want. I'm sure the director gives 2 ****s for your opinion which is no more than he does for mine.

Old 08-23-2012, 10:54 AM   #321
marcvader
Lurker #1
SHH! Moderator

The only role I find would suit Keanu is Groot.

__________________#1 CBM of 2014____________________
Twitter- @mrpink13
GO PHINS
HAIL HYDRA!
Old 08-23-2012, 11:00 AM   #322
R_Hythlodeus
Nerd Supreme

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcvader View Post
Groot is not wooden enough.

RANDOM BLOCKBUSTER SEQUEL: RETURN OF THE RISING DARKNESS
------------------------------

ZWERG/ELF

a fantasy RPG based bilingual webcomic

Old 08-23-2012, 11:08 AM   #323
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

He'd work for the Super Hero Squad version of the Silver Surfer.

Old 08-23-2012, 11:17 AM   #324
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider - Man View Post
Translation: Keanu has plenty of movies under his belt that don't bring in (Spiderboy 1111)... These days he's known (by spiderboy 1111) for being a bad , wooden actor and is the butt of alot of jokes (by spiderboy 1111)

This is your opinion, not fact. If he wasn't bringing in audiences, he wouldn't still be making movies. I gave my opinion on who I thought would make a good Reed and why. Don't try to rebut by presenting your opinion as fact.

Kristen Stewart as sue (would be better than Jessica Alba)
Taylor lautner as johnny, Mel Gibson as Thing (this is just retarded on your part and don't even meet the criteria I used for liking Reaves for Reed)
Nicholas Cage as Dr. Doom (would be MUCH better than McMahon but still doesn't meet the criteria I used to nominate Reaves, i.e.: has the look and characteristics of the character).

Anyway, as I said, think what you want. I'm sure the director gives 2 ****s for your opinion which is no more than he does for mine.
actually its not just my opinion.. he has 2 block busters under his belt... Matrix (general consensus is that the sequels sucked), and Speed. I'll throw in Constantine for good measure ... Other than that he's done more independent and small films than anything.

the dude is not a Will Smith.

a great example.. he didn't bring too many butts into seats for "the day the earth stood still"

Your reasoning's if anything.. would be far more acceptable if this was the 90s...

[=]
Old 08-23-2012, 11:18 AM   #325
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcvader View Post
or Andy the Awesome Android

[=]
Closed Thread