The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Marvel Films

Closed Thread

Old 10-05-2012, 08:10 PM   #726
bubbadoom
Side-Kick

Default Re: Fantastic Four reborn! - Part 5

Those apes looked a bit cartoonish there - I remembered them looking better in the film.

Thanos in THE AVENGERS was a make-up, and he looked pretty damn good.

I am happy for either process to be used, I think it's more about the money and the design.

I did not care for the first two Hulks, but I thought the Avengers' Hulk worked fine - and his design had a great deal to do with that along with getting the right FX team.

Likewise, Hellboy looked great - again using the right design and artists.

I think inferior digital fx will spoil the character quicker than sub-par practical fx.

The I AM LEGEND vampires are total crap and pulled me right out of an otherwise good film. Had those been done as make-up, with a little digital help as needed, they would have been much better.

I think, for the most part, the Thing we got in FF2 [I liked his color better] was very close to an acceptable Thing. A few aesthetic changes [bigger brow, smaller, higher hose] with a few digital tweaks [widening the mouth corners, maybe spreading the eyes a little, removing a few foam wrinkles is they bother ya] and you are there. A digital stunt double of course, as needed.

But if you have the artists using the wrong reference material, or totally doing their own design, then regardless of how he's done it's going to look bad.

Old 10-06-2012, 04:54 PM   #727
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

I think if Thing is ever done again on film it will likely be done with CG motion capture/performance capture.

However I think you could do a combination of both CG and a practical suit.

- CM Punk
Old 10-06-2012, 10:37 PM   #728
Hypestyle
Side-Kick

.. So I wonder will this end up being a period piece like X-Men 1st Class? Fantastic Four: First Family.

Maybe, we'll see.

Old 10-07-2012, 01:31 PM   #729
Kelly
WE ARE HUNTER RIDER!
SHH! Administrator

I would rather them move on, rather than tread on old ground....

Old 10-07-2012, 09:39 PM   #730
DawnWarrior
Questioner of Authority

I wanna see Reed working with advanced modern tech. Present day ftw.

Old 10-15-2012, 03:19 PM   #731
Airwings
Waves of air

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airwings View Post
Forgive me for not reading this thread for some time now, and bringing up something that's already been discussed.
It's just that I can see how Fantastic Four can go cosmic without having an alien invasion. Instead, take the heroes out in space and let them visit different worlds. I'm sure their powers can help alien races in one way or another.
So, problem solved!
Hey, I do like my own suggestion

Old 10-20-2012, 05:09 PM   #732
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

Fantastic Four Movie To Include Jack Kirby And Stan Lee Stuff

Quote:
In his interview with SFX magazine, Twentieth Century Fox creative consultant Mark Millar talked extensively about the upcoming X-Men: Days Of Future Past movie. He also touched lightly on the upcoming Fantastic Four reboot from director Josh Trank.
Earlier this year, Josh Trank stunned Hollywood when his debut feature film Chronicle opened number one at the box office during Super Bowl weekend. Chronicle was shot on only a $15 million budget, and the film won rave reviews for the young filmmaker. One of the rave reviews came from Mark Millar, who called Chronicle his “favorite superhero film of the past year.”
According to Millar, Josh Trank wants to utilize the classic Fantastic Four stories in his reboot, but also do it in his own way. Millar said, “You can tell from Chronicle that it was a new way of looking at superheroes, and I think he’s going to apply that same slightly skewed way of looking at heroes to the Fantastic Four, but do it in a way that feels incredibly reverential to the Kirby and Lee stuff.”
Millar also added that both he and Josh Trank thought that the first 100 issues of Fantastic Four was the best Fantastic Four. Millar said, “You’ve really got to get into the Kirby and Lee stuff to do it properly, to try and get that same sense of wonder.”
Another tidbit dropped by Millar is that Fantastic Four will have its own style which will be different from the tone of other superhero movies. While not revealing exactly what that style will be, Millar said, “I don’t think you could do Fantastic Four and try and make it grim and gritty.”
Source

I wonder when this is coming out? The earliest I can see is 2015, since Fox doesn't have any announced CBMs for that year. If that's true, then 2015 will be the year of the superhero team movies with JL, Avengers 2, and FF. All that would be missing is the X-Men, but we'll have already gotten them in DoFP the previous year.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 10-20-2012, 06:51 PM   #733
Duran Man
The Seventh Stranger

Sounds promising, but I'll wait for a bit more info than that before I get excited.

Old 10-20-2012, 07:02 PM   #734
Project862006
Banned User

Quote:
“I don’t think you could do Fantastic Four and try and make it grim and gritty.”
thats good to hear

Old 10-20-2012, 07:17 PM   #735
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Why is Josh Trank never the one commenting on this movie?

Old 10-20-2012, 07:26 PM   #736
Dr Tactics
Ill Brova

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
Why is Josh Trank never the one commenting on this movie?
I've been sayin that for months.. They just ignore my skepticizm.

Old 10-20-2012, 07:34 PM   #737
Project862006
Banned User

what are people's thoughts on white F4 costumes?

i think they look very sleek and cool

Old 10-20-2012, 07:35 PM   #738
Project862006
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Tactics View Post
I've been sayin that for months.. They just ignore my skepticizm.
because it's a stupid thing to worry about oh the director is'nt giving quotes via interviews and magazines that means movie is doomed

Old 10-20-2012, 07:37 PM   #739
Dr Tactics
Ill Brova

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project862006 View Post
because it's a stupid thing to worry about oh the director is'nt giving quotes via interviews and magazines that means movie is doomed
Well you have to admit a directors silence is unprecedented on a project so big. Silly or not..

Old 10-20-2012, 07:42 PM   #740
Incrediblejeff
Still Incredible

This is a positive,I love Kirby and Lee's run.

And I think the White costumes could actually be cool on screen if done right.They could really pop.I would love if the FF had brighter costumes than the one in the previous films.Like a lighter shade of blue would work very well imo.

Old 10-20-2012, 07:53 PM   #741
CConn
Fountainhead of culture.

Trank not talking is not a bad sign at all. FF really isn't that big of a project. Especially not this early in its production.

I like the white costumes, BUT I like the blue ones a ton more.

Old 10-20-2012, 08:01 PM   #742
Dr Tactics
Ill Brova

It better be big if it has to be out by 2015 or rights revert and they're in comp with A2 and the JL. But I will say this. We haven't heard from Matthew Vaughn either so that is maybe just the way Fox does business with CBMs in general.

So I'll fall back and wait for the mess..

Old 10-20-2012, 08:06 PM   #743
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project862006 View Post
what are people's thoughts on white F4 costumes?

i think they look very sleek and cool
Not a fan of the white costumes. I prefer the classic blue. Never liked the black and white or blue and white as John Byrne drew them.

But as for that bikini Storm costume, that's another matter. Give her that one permanently!

And I personally think 2015 for the FF is box office suicide. Either 2014 or 2016, but not the same year as the Avengers 2 and JL. FF will get blown away by the competition and simply overlooked with those two big movies. They just don't have the star power of those superteams, and it's not like the previous FF movies were raving successes either.

Old 10-20-2012, 08:10 PM   #744
CConn
Fountainhead of culture.

Quote:
It better be big if it has to be out by 2015 or rights revert and they're in comp with A2 and the JL. But I will say this. We haven't heard from Matthew Vaughn either so that is maybe just the way Fox does business with CBMs in general.

Um, 3 years before a release date IS way early in a project.

Old 10-20-2012, 08:11 PM   #745
Boom
I got nothin'

Quote:
"You can tell from Chronicle that it was a new way of looking at superheroes, and I think he’s going to apply that same slightly skewed way of looking at heroes to the Fantastic Four, but do it in a way that feels incredibly reverential to the Kirby and Lee stuff.". Millar also added that both he and Josh Trank thought that the first 100 issues of Fantastic Four was the best Fantastic Four. Millar said, “You’ve really got to get into the Kirby and Lee stuff to do it properly, to try and get that same sense of wonder."
Thank God.

Old 10-20-2012, 08:12 PM   #746
SoNicRaDiATioN
warming the ocean cold

Quote:

Just make a great film and let the rest fall into place.

Unless it opens within two weeks of JL or A2 then I don't see the competition.

Old 10-20-2012, 08:22 PM   #747
Airwings
Waves of air

I hope Fantastic Four don't have to compete with Avengers and Justice League. It will be better if the film comes out 2014.
And.... no matter how good the black/white suits look, the members have to wear the classic blue ones with a big 4 on the chest.

For the plot, let the team either travel to other worlds or go against vampires. Maybe both - cosmic bloodsuckers

Old 10-21-2012, 01:59 AM   #748
Dr Tactics
Ill Brova

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airwings View Post
I hope Fantastic Four don't have to compete with Avengers and Justice League. It will be better if the film comes out 2014
They don't have a choice. For One, X-Men DOFP is filming and it seems that Fox is filming one CBM at a time so That'll should be shooting late next year after the Hunger Games sequel wraps up so Jennifer Laurence will be freed up. so that puts FF filming in 2014. Theres 4 CBM's slated for release in 2014(xm-DOFP,ASM2,CA-WS,and GotG) anyway so it wouldn't fit in there (5 is over-kill) so that leaves only 2015. The rights may be subject to revert back if they do it after 2015. Because of that, it's A2 vs JL and FF could be lost in the shuffle. Unless Marvel extends them. The only way they'll do that if they work a deal to work themselves into the MCU (which to me would be a good thing). Then It can safely film in 2015 for a 2016 release and be quasi/sorta be apart of Phase 3 continuity (which again would be a good thing).

Old 10-21-2012, 02:01 AM   #749
Dr Tactics
Ill Brova

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoNicRaDiATioN View Post
Just make a great film and let the rest fall into place.

Unless it opens within two weeks of JL or A2 then I don't see the competition.
So when do they release it? In April?? I wouldn't suggest it.. But they may not have a choice

Old 10-21-2012, 03:10 AM   #750
spider-neil
spins a web any size!

Hope this movie is set in the 60's.

1. Chessy dialogue works in the 60's

2. Being in the 60's at the height of the space race gives the FF a plausible reason to build a rocket ship and fly into space.

There are loads more reasons as well. I thought X:FC worked fantastically well as a period piece and I think the FF could work in this time period as well.

Lastly make the THING cg. He is supposed to be roughly the same size as the Hulk.

I though the dynamic of the first FF movie was completely wrong, the Incredibles is how I pictured the family dynamic of the FF. I will say though the back and forth between the Thing and Torch was pretty much perfect.

Closed Thread