Old 10-21-2012, 07:17 AM   #751
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Default Re: Fantastic Four reborn! - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by spider-neil View Post
Hope this movie is set in the 60's.

1. Chessy dialogue works in the 60's

2. Being in the 60's at the height of the space race gives the FF a plausible reason to build a rocket ship and fly into space.

There are loads more reasons as well. I thought X:FC worked fantastically well as a period piece and I think the FF could work in this time period as well.

Lastly make the THING cg. He is supposed to be roughly the same size as the Hulk.

I though the dynamic of the first FF movie was completely wrong, the Incredibles is how I pictured the family dynamic of the FF. I will say though the back and forth between the Thing and Torch was pretty much perfect.
No he isn't. And which version of Hulk are you talking about? the 7 ft version? Hulk hasn't been that size for decades and Ben was never 7ft - he was always certainly shorter than She-Hulk who was 6'7". Hulk is often depicted at 8ft, 9ft or even in the Ang Lee movie at 15ft. Ben has never been any of those heights.

And even muscle mass-wise, Ben has usually been smaller than the Hulk. He's certainly broader than the average human being but not Hulk-sized, and he isn't really super tall either. I admit that Michael Chiklis was too short and Ben should be perhaps in the 6'2" - 6'6" height range (and taller than his teammates), but not 7ft.

Nominate your favourite Movie theme of all time for the upcoming tournament: http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=469413
Old 10-21-2012, 08:54 AM   #752
CConn
Fountainhead of culture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Tactics View Post
So when do they release it? In April?? I wouldn't suggest it.. But they may not have a choice
Avengers - May
FF - June
JLA - July

That would give the FF an entire month of separation between the two.

It's essentially what TASM did, and performed fine.

Old 10-21-2012, 08:56 AM   #753
terry78
Smiling is for sellouts

I would give FF a winter release this time so they have some breathing room.

Old 10-21-2012, 08:57 AM   #754
CConn
Fountainhead of culture.

Personally, I think it would fair even worse against the Oscar season movies.

Old 10-21-2012, 09:30 AM   #755
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Quote:
Originally Posted by CConn View Post
Avengers - May
FF - June
JLA - July

That would give the FF an entire month of separation between the two.

It's essentially what TASM did, and performed fine.

FF isn't Spider-Man though. TASM probably went in off the momentum of the previous successful Raimi trilogy and the fact that Spidey is Marvel's most popular superhero. FF's previous movies haven't performed anywhere as well as Spider-Man's. You can't think that just because it worked for Spidey it will also for FF.

Nominate your favourite Movie theme of all time for the upcoming tournament: http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=469413
Old 10-21-2012, 09:40 AM   #756
CConn
Fountainhead of culture.

There's a definite difference between opening well and having enough space to do well.

Yes, FF will have to fight its own battle wth achieving a big opening, but to think it will get "lost" between the two films when, say, Avengers 2 has already been out for a month and JLA isn't coming out for another 3 weeks is, well, ridiculous. Laughable, even.

Old 10-21-2012, 11:19 AM   #757
Dr Tactics
Ill Brova

Quote:
There's a definite difference between opening well and having enough space to do well.

Yes, FF will have to fight its own battle wth achieving a big opening, but to think it will get "lost" between the two films when, say, Avengers 2 has already been out for a month and JLA isn't coming out for another 3 weeks is, well, ridiculous. Laughable, even.
FF is already getting lost in the hype cause all the press is talking about is the battle between the Avengers and The Justice League. The only hype is coming from Fanboys and we can't even agree if we'll support Fox on their new incarnation of the Fantastic Four. If FF comes out in June, Not only is a generally as bad month to release a super hero film but as was said before FF is fighting its past and also not being as well known of a property as say a Spiderman or Superman. I mean they can do what they want. It'll be best if they target a 2016 summer release and make a Co-Finance/inclusion in the MCU type deal. otherwise they're gonna increase the chances on flopping. if flopping is worth keeping the rights to themselves, so be it but that 3 flops for that franchise..

Old 10-21-2012, 11:35 AM   #758
Airwings
Waves of air

Yeah, a 2016 release will be the best. From that year and onward we will get a number of films with them
In the very end, I think FF will be the future of Marvel Comics adations. It will be the thing-too-see when all the other franchises are finished. Nothing else in the superhero genre from the studios Fox, Sony or Marvel that's interesting to adapt for the big screen.

And by the way, I believe DC will dominate the genre overall.

Old 10-21-2012, 11:44 AM   #759
CConn
Fountainhead of culture.

Quote:
FF is already getting lost in the hype cause all the press is talking about is the battle between the Avengers and The Justice League. The only hype is coming from Fanboys and we can't even agree if we'll support Fox on their new incarnation of the Fantastic Four. If FF comes out in June, Not only is a generally as bad month to release a super hero film but as was said before FF is fighting its past and also not being as well known of a property as say a Spiderman or Superman. I mean they can do what they want. It'll be best if they target a 2016 summer release and make a Co-Finance/inclusion in the MCU type deal. otherwise they're gonna increase the chances on flopping. if flopping is worth keeping the rights to themselves, so be it but that 3 flops for that franchise..
I'm sorry, but you legitimately don't know what you're talking about.

Every single sentence you typed is littered with factual and logical inaccuracies.

Old 10-21-2012, 12:20 PM   #760
Willie Lumpkin
Side-Kick

but do it in a way that feels incredibly reverential to the Kirby and Lee stuff.”
Millar also added that both he and Josh Trank thought that the first 100 issues of Fantastic Four was the best Fantastic Four. Millar said, “You’ve really got to get into the Kirby and Lee stuff to do it properly, to try and get that same sense of wonder.”

I realize these are just words, but I've been reading words related to FF films since the Corman film. It could be complete BS, but if so, at least it's the right BS.

At times, Tim Story had some reasonably good BS, but I don't remember even his best BS sounding this good.

Old 10-21-2012, 03:49 PM   #761
Dr Tactics
Ill Brova

Quote:
I'm sorry, but you legitimately don't know what you're talking about.

Every single sentence you typed is littered with factual and logical inaccuracies.
What's inaccurate? Make it more simple? OK. The GA doesn't care about the FF. The fanboys do! Now if you're not privy to the debates on this forum then I understand your confusion as far as Fanboys not agreeing. FOX HAS TO RELEASE FF IN 2015 per seven year rule in what befell the DD rights reverting back to Marvel. If thats not accurate then then do your own math in regards to when Elektra was released. So if I'm inaccurate point it out. I'm willing to be corrected. But just to say that that I'm inaccurate and don't what I'm talking about is makes your statement pointless

Old 10-21-2012, 05:47 PM   #762
SoNicRaDiATioN
warming the ocean cold

Quote:
So when do they release it? In April?? I wouldn't suggest it.. But they may not have a choice
Fox isn't expecting a billion dollars worth of business from a reboot. I think FC numbers are reasonable expectations.

Old 10-21-2012, 06:32 PM   #763
CConn
Fountainhead of culture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie Lumpkin View Post
but do it in a way that feels incredibly reverential to the Kirby and Lee stuff.”
Millar also added that both he and Josh Trank thought that the first 100 issues of Fantastic Four was the best Fantastic Four. Millar said, “You’ve really got to get into the Kirby and Lee stuff to do it properly, to try and get that same sense of wonder.”

I realize these are just words, but I've been reading words related to FF films since the Corman film. It could be complete BS, but if so, at least it's the right BS.

At times, Tim Story had some reasonably good BS, but I don't remember even his best BS sounding this good.
Yeah, but at least Mark Millar has actually written the FF. And pretty decently.

Old 10-21-2012, 06:34 PM   #764
CConn
Fountainhead of culture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoNicRaDiATioN View Post
Fox isn't expecting a billion dollars worth of business from a reboot. I think FC numbers are reasonable expectations.
I would say even a bit less than FC, as X-Men is a more marketable name than the FF.

Old 10-21-2012, 06:34 PM   #765
JP
Flame On

Quote:

It's honestly some of the best bs we've heard in regards to any cbm. LOL

Old 10-21-2012, 06:55 PM   #766
Willie Lumpkin
Side-Kick

Quote:
Yeah, but at least Mark Millar has actually written the FF. And pretty decently.
And that's the most encouraging part. I think Millar has some writing talent, but my big issue with him was that he played fast and loose with the characters. His ability applied to bringing the Lee/Kirby characters to screen could be promisng.

Last edited by Willie Lumpkin; 10-21-2012 at 07:00 PM.
Old 10-21-2012, 06:58 PM   #767
Willie Lumpkin
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP View Post
It's honestly some of the best bs we've heard in regards to any cbm. LOL

If I could make the compliment any more left-handed I would. 20 years ago, I was a wide-eyed optimist regarding an FF film, but I'm afraid what we've seen has left me cynical.

Old 10-21-2012, 07:25 PM   #768
bubbadoom
Side-Kick

Quote:
...and FC made less domestically than the first FF movie, and only about $23 million more world wide... I bet they are hoping for better than that...

Old 10-21-2012, 09:15 PM   #769
SoNicRaDiATioN
warming the ocean cold

Quote:
I would say even a bit less than FC, as X-Men is a more marketable name than the FF.
Yeah, I can see anywhere between $300 to $375 m.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbadoom View Post
...and FC made less domestically than the first FF movie, and only about $23 million more world wide... I bet they are hoping for better than that...
If they make a great film it's definitely possible. I doubt Fox would be disappointed with FC numbers though.

Old 10-21-2012, 09:33 PM   #770
Dr Tactics
Ill Brova

Quote:
If they make a great film it's definitely possible. I doubt Fox would be disappointed with FC numbers though.
They should dance a jig based on what competition they're sandwiched in between.

Old 10-21-2012, 09:57 PM   #771
CConn
Fountainhead of culture.

Quote:
And that's the most encouraging part. I think Millar has some writing talent, but my big issue with him was that he played fast and loose with the characters. His ability applied to bringing the Lee/Kirby characters to screen could be promisng.
His UFF run with Greg Land was honestly one of the best FF runs of the past 20 years, I'd say. His run on 616 FF was pretty lackluster, but his decision to make Val a genius was probably one of the most innovative and invigorating things to happen to the FF in years. Much of Jon Hickman's really awesome run on FF wouldn't have been possible without it.

But I digress...

Old 10-21-2012, 10:01 PM   #772
CConn
Fountainhead of culture.

Quote:
Yeah, I can see anywhere between $300 to $375 m.
World wide? Yeah, I think that's a pretty good number.

I think it could come close to $200 million domestically, but not do as well as FC overseas. Of course, we now live in a world were a movie about Captain AMERICA can make more overseas than in the US, so who knows.

Old 10-21-2012, 10:11 PM   #773
CConn
Fountainhead of culture.

As a comparison, MIB3 (following a pretty highly panned MIB2) made $179 million coming out only 3 weeks after the Avengers. And Ted (which was smack tab in between Avengers and Bat,an) made $216.

It all depends on how it's marketed, how it's made (whether its more action or comedy) and, of course, how good it is. As long as its not within 1-2 weeks of another giant movie, it's release date shouldn't have that much of a bearing.

Old 10-21-2012, 10:26 PM   #774
Incrediblejeff
Still Incredible

Release it in January.

Old 10-21-2012, 10:29 PM   #775
CConn
Fountainhead of culture.

Pfft, just make it DTV.