The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > The Amazing Spider-Man

Old 11-24-2012, 11:34 PM   #301
Spiderdevil
Side-Kick

Default Re: TASM Easter eggs, foreshadowing, and other references!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
Lol, you forget the difference in that Joker only wanted to kill Harvey Dent, thus he had no reason to kill anyone else, while we aren't given a real reason, except for assumptions from fans, on why Spidey only saved the kid when we at least saw Dr. Ratha in his vehicle.
And the Batman assumed that?
You cant trust the Joker on anything,He was gonna rip open that old man and Rachel,he could have easily tortured more people with Batman gone,he is a maniac.Plus Batman wanted to get him caught.Did you expect him to leave because he could not find Harvey? Nope,he would have tortured the people till one of them gave up his hiding place(even though no one knew it)

As for TASM,you didnt even see the 'Focus' point.Just assume that Spidey left because of the police and they got the people out of the cars.He saved them from falling,the police can do the rest.Thats what Spidey does most of the time.He doesnt do the whole job.Even in SM1 he leaves criminal hanging at the scene of the crime and on that train scene when Ockky throws people off he just catches them and webs them to the building.People didnt go 'Hey he should have delivered the criminals to the police station' or 'Hey,why the hell did he web them and leave them?,he should have put them on the road safely'.Its Spider-man,deal with it.Even in the game he leaves shocker hanging from a street lamp

Last edited by Spiderdevil; 11-24-2012 at 11:41 PM.
Spiderdevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 11:56 PM   #302
AF3619
WOOO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderdevil View Post
He doesnt do the whole job.Even in SM1 he leaves criminal hanging at the scene of the crime and on that train scene when Ockky throws people off he just catches them and webs them to the building.People didnt go 'Hey he should have delivered the criminals to the police station' or 'Hey,why the hell did he web them and leave them?,he should have put them on the road safely'.Its Spider-man,deal with it.Even in the game he leaves shocker hanging from a street lamp
true ,but he had a train to catch with an evil Doctor on it and in TASM he just had to flee before the cops arrived

-You want me to come there so you can kill me?
-YES
-I´ll be right there"

Last edited by AF3619; 11-25-2012 at 12:05 AM.
AF3619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 12:23 AM   #303
nbanflguy
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by <(o_o)> View Post
Its funny how there was no cameras visible or otherwise in the protected room that held the genetically altered spiders to begin with, if all it took was for a simple bite from just one of those spiders then Oscorp could have an army of Spider-Men at their disposal.
No, Peter is the only one to survive cross species genetics. i am pretty sure there is something special about him. Anyone else would either die or turn into a man spider.

nbanflguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 01:23 AM   #304
spider-neil
spins a web any size!

Pretty sure I caught a line about no one surviving the experiements but that could have meant animals rather than humans.
I think they will almost certainly show that Peter was experiement on as a kid by Richard. Call backs to Ang Lee's Hulk, sure, but no one will care or even remember.

spider-neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 01:24 AM   #305
AF3619
WOOO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spider-neil View Post
Pretty sure I caught a line about no one surviving the experiements but that could have meant animals rather than humans.
I think they will almost certainly show that Peter was experiement on as a kid by Richard. Call backs to Ang Lee's Hulk, sure, but no one will care or even remember.
or maybe not experimented but just his genes

-You want me to come there so you can kill me?
-YES
-I´ll be right there"
AF3619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 03:14 AM   #306
spider-neil
spins a web any size!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AF3619 View Post
or maybe not experimented but just his genes
Richard could have experienment on himself and passed it on to Peter?
THere has to be 'something' because there is no way that an employee of Oscorp wouldn't have been bitten long before Peter. I has to be a combination of 'something' to turn Peter into Spider-Man not just a spider bite.

spider-neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 09:23 AM   #307
Rise_-
Side-Kick

There's definitely something there that they're going to explore in sequels.

The little hints are here and there in the movie (and the directors commentary).

Hell, even Connors says that Richard bred the spiders himself. So there's an element of secrecy there. What was Richard able to do that nobody else could?

You may/may not want to count this, but I will. In the deleted lair scene, Peter says "Science is flawed." to Ratha, to which Ratha says "It was working quite well on you. Did you ever stop and wonder why? Do you have any idea what you really are?"

On the "genesis of the spiders", Marc said in the commentary that he's not going to explain/go into that yet.

And yeah, why didn't Peter turn part-spider... or even die when he was bitten?

The other cross-species subjects didn't survive and Connors turned into a monster.

Rise_- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 10:48 AM   #308
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
And the Batman assumed that?
You cant trust the Joker on anything,He was gonna rip open that old man and Rachel,he could have easily tortured more people with Batman gone,he is a maniac.Plus Batman wanted to get him caught.Did you expect him to leave because he could not find Harvey? Nope,he would have tortured the people till one of them gave up his hiding place(even though no one knew it)
Bruce Wayne didn't assume anything. He knew Joker was going after Dent, hence why he locked Dent up in that closet.

You may be the one assuming Joker would do all of this, but he simply wasn't going to. He only killed some random people later on with going back to killing random civilians every night until Batman revealed his identity.

And what do you mean Batman wanted him caught? Elaborate.

Quote:
As for TASM,you didnt even see the 'Focus' point.Just assume that Spidey left because of the police and they got the people out of the cars.He saved them from falling,the police can do the rest.Thats what Spidey does most of the time.He doesnt do the whole job.Even in SM1 he leaves criminal hanging at the scene of the crime and on that train scene when Ockky throws people off he just catches them and webs them to the building.People didnt go 'Hey he should have delivered the criminals to the police station' or 'Hey,why the hell did he web them and leave them?,he should have put them on the road safely'.Its Spider-man,deal with it.Even in the game he leaves shocker hanging from a street lamp
I assume what? That Spidey left? Because we see this for sure. We know Spidey left as much as Joker didn't kill anyone in the penthouse.

But speaking on saving the people Ock threw at him...at least Spidey saved them. Leaving them hanging in their vehicles when their vehicles could burst into flames such as Crane Dad's vehicle...yah, that's not keeping them safe, now is it?

Anno_Domini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 06:12 PM   #309
Spiderdevil
Side-Kick

Quote:
Bruce Wayne didn't assume anything. He knew Joker was going after Dent, hence why he locked Dent up in that closet.

You may be the one assuming Joker would do all of this, but he simply wasn't going to. He only killed some random people later on with going back to killing random civilians every night until Batman revealed his identity.
One does simply 'know' anything about the Joker's plan
As you said for TASM,we are just assume what could've happened.It wasnt explained.No one expects the Joker to leave without wrecking havoc.
Why did he go after that old man and Rachel if he only meant to kill Dent?
And once again,I am not trying to one-up here.Just putting up a similar scene

Quote:
And what do you mean Batman wanted him caught? Elaborate.
He is a criminal,he had to be caught.Batman should have gone up to catch him

Quote:
I assume what? That Spidey left? Because we see this for sure. We know Spidey left as much as Joker didn't kill anyone in the penthouse.
We actually see Spidey leave,we dont see Joker leave so we can assume things happening in the penthouse.

Quote:
But speaking on saving the people Ock threw at him...at least Spidey saved them. Leaving them hanging in their vehicles when their vehicles could burst into flames such as Crane Dad's vehicle...yah, that's not keeping them safe, now is it?
Peter assumed that wont happen just like Bruce assumed the Joker wont kill anyone

Old 11-25-2012, 06:34 PM   #310
shauner111
Side-Kick

It's obvious that Joker would have fled the scene before Batman can get back up there and go after him again. I always assumed Joker just left (whether Batman went back up or not). Not every single thing has to be shown. It wasnt completely necessary. Maybe Bats went up to the penthouse but if it doesnt add anything to the plot then what's the point? That's a good example of nitpicking.

shauner111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 06:49 PM   #311
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
One does simply 'know' anything about the Joker's plan
As you said for TASM,we are just assume what could've happened.It wasnt explained.No one expects the Joker to leave without wrecking havoc.
Why did he go after that old man and Rachel if he only meant to kill Dent?
And once again,I am not trying to one-up here.Just putting up a similar scene
And yet we KNOW Joker's plan as the viewer and so did Batman. No other reason besides simply "knowing" which is why Bruce made sure to keep Dent safe and secured as he KNEW Joker was heading to the penthouse and he KNEW why he was heading to the penthouse.

You're right, we are just to assume what Spidey could've done, but assuming Joker would've hurt anyone is missing the entire point of Joker targeting those specific three people. Watch The Dark Knight again and maybe that'll help you out. Also, and I really wish I didn't have to explain this, Joker only went after that Wayne Enterprises board member because he wouldn't answer the Joker, and then of course he was going to hurt Rachel as she is Harvey's "squeeze". Those two people were going to get hurt only because it was part of the idea of Joker looking for Dent, that is all. Once more, you should re-watch The Dark Knight.

Quote:
He is a criminal,he had to be caught.Batman should have gone up to catch him
Wow....this goes up to the list of your most baffling statements. No **** Batman needs to catch him, but as you can see, he was busy at the moment. You really think Joker would've just stayed there while Batman was heading back up to the penthouse?

That's like me saying Spidey should've continue to look for Lizard THAT night

Quote:
We actually see Spidey leave,we dont see Joker leave so we can assume things happening in the penthouse.
You can assume, but you'd be dumb to assume such.

That's not my initial point, though. I said Spidey could have done more to help besides leaving after saving that one child. You're meshing points by trying to make a point yourself.

Quote:
Peter assumed that wont happen just like Bruce assumed the Joker wont kill anyone
Peter assumed it wouldn't happen? Really. How could you tell this?

At least we saw Bruce knocking out Dent as that was the reason Joker showed up, but since you're such a smart one, how did you know Peter assumed any other vehicle would not burst into flames? Please, elaborate

Old 11-25-2012, 11:38 PM   #312
Spiderdevil
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauner111 View Post
It's obvious that Joker would have fled the scene before Batman can get back up there and go after him again. I always assumed Joker just left (whether Batman went back up or not). Not every single thing has to be shown. It wasnt completely necessary. Maybe Bats went up to the penthouse but if it doesnt add anything to the plot then what's the point? That's a good example of nitpicking.
Exactly
In reality I have no problems with that scene or the one in TASM either.If it doesnt add to the plot,there is no reason to show

I am just using Anno's logic with him

Old 11-25-2012, 11:40 PM   #313
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
Exactly
In reality I have no problems with that scene or the one in TASM either.If it doesnt add to the plot,there is no reason to show

I am just using Anno's logic with him

Sure kid, sure.

Old 11-25-2012, 11:46 PM   #314
Spiderdevil
Side-Kick

Quote:
And yet we KNOW Joker's plan as the viewer and so did Batman. No other reason besides simply "knowing" which is why Bruce made sure to keep Dent safe and secured as he KNEW Joker was heading to the penthouse and he KNEW why he was heading to the penthouse.
You're right, we are just to assume what Spidey could've done, but assuming Joker would've hurt anyone is missing the entire point of Joker targeting those specific three people. Watch The Dark Knight again and maybe that'll help you out. Also, and I really wish I didn't have to explain this, Joker only went after that Wayne Enterprises board member because he wouldn't answer the Joker, and then of course he was going to hurt Rachel as she is Harvey's "squeeze". Those two people were going to get hurt only because it was part of the idea of Joker looking for Dent, that is all. Once more, you should re-watch The Dark Knight.
And what say he could have found Harvey in that cupboard?
Anyway like you assume all that,just simply assume Spidey left and none of the cars fell and Police got out Ratha and other people(if there were any)
You havent even registered the 'focus' point I made some posts ago,He saved the kid and then you see him sitting in his room alone and you can feel how he is thinking about his Father,this is the orphan aspect Webb mentioned.Showing anything else would have ruined the moment completely.Thats why people like TASM,it has more heart than most superhero movies

Quote:
At least we saw Bruce knocking out Dent as that was the reason Joker showed up, but since you're such a smart one, how did you know Peter assumed any other vehicle would not burst into flames? Please, elaborate
The same way Bruce assumed Joker wouldnt hurt anyone
And before you repeat it,I dont buy your explanation at all.
He came searching for Harvey and he didnt find him.In his own words he 'will settle for his loved ones'
Joker is not so meek to say 'oh Harvey isnt here,lets go'
He will either find him in that cupboard or torture other people since he thinks they know where he is.

Once again,I have no problems with both the scenes,I am just using your logic and its hilarious you are prepared to assume a lot of things for TDK but you cant do that for TASM

Old 11-25-2012, 11:57 PM   #315
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
And what say he could have found Harvey in that cupboard?
Anyway like you assume all that,just simply assume Spidey left and none of the cars fell and Police got out Ratha and other people(if there were any)
You havent even registered the 'focus' point I made some posts ago,He saved the kid and then you see him sitting in his room alone and you can feel how he is thinking about his Father,this is the orphan aspect Webb mentioned.Showing anything else would have ruined the moment completely.Thats why people like TASM,it has more heart than most superhero movies
So we needed more focus on the orphan deal when the audience have already been hammered with that idea for the whole first hour? We needed to see Spidey see a father and son to further push that idea? No, we didn't, imo. And I would've loved to see Spider-Man saving Dr. Ratha as well, but alas, we didn't.

Needless to say, what you're saying of assuming with TAS-M is much, much more assumptions than Joker finding Dent in the closet, but whatever floats your boat. I will definitely keep wondering we why didn't see more. And your reply better not be "And I will keep wondering why Joker never found Dent", because it would be silly to say since you've never brought this up before.

Quote:
The same way Bruce assumed Joker wouldnt hurt anyone
And before you repeat it,I dont buy your explanation at all.
He came searching for Harvey and he didnt find him.In his own words he 'will settle for his loved ones'
Joker is not so meek to say 'oh Harvey isnt here,lets go'
He will either find him in that cupboard or torture other people since he thinks they know where he is.
The same way, really? How could Spidey have assumed so much when one vehicle burst into flames already? He made sure all the headlights were fine?

And look what I said...he attacked Rachel because he was Harvey's "squeeze", as I already said there bud

Quote:
Once again,I have no problems with both the scenes,I am just using your logic and its hilarious you are prepared to assume a lot of things for TDK but you cant do that for TASM
Don't really have to assume anything with TDK because we know what Joker is after and he couldn't find him. With TAS-M, we see at least Dr. Ratha in his vehicle. Your reasoning that Spidey didn't save him is because the focus needed to be on that orphan idea, but there is much to assume in that scenario that no one else were in their vehicles or that Dr. Ratha is perfectly fine. Much more assuming than Joker wouldn't have hurt anyone when the latter was fact.

Old 11-26-2012, 04:02 AM   #316
Spiderdevil
Side-Kick

Quote:
So we needed more focus on the orphan deal when the audience have already been hammered with that idea for the whole first hour? We needed to see Spidey see a father and son to further push that idea? No, we didn't, imo. And I would've loved to see Spider-Man saving Dr. Ratha as well, but alas, we didn't.
I tend to agree with you,but try to look at things from Webb's POV,saving Ratha would have been a time waste
If I had my way I would have removed the father-son thingy aswell.
Just Lizard flicking over cars and Spidey webbing them up.Plain and simple.After that they go at each other and we see a fight

Quote:
Needless to say, what you're saying of assuming with TAS-M is much, much more assumptions than Joker finding Dent in the closet, but whatever floats your boat. I will definitely keep wondering we why didn't see more. And your reply better not be "And I will keep wondering why Joker never found Dent", because it would be silly to say since you've never brought this up before.
Because I dont have any problems with it
I am just using your logic.And due to your biasness you consider one a flaw and not the other

Quote:
The same way, really? How could Spidey have assumed so much when one vehicle burst into flames already? He made sure all the headlights were fine?

And look what I said...he attacked Rachel because he was Harvey's "squeeze", as I already said there bud
And the old man? What about him? Dont give me the board member point,Joker supposedly didnt care about anyone else at that point by your logic

Peter assuming other cars would burst into flames is the same as Bruce assuming Joker wouldnt kill anyone else.They both made risky assumptions.
Let it go.These things happen all the time in Superhero movies

Quote:
Don't really have to assume anything with TDK because we know what Joker is after and he couldn't find him. With TAS-M, we see at least Dr. Ratha in his vehicle. Your reasoning that Spidey didn't save him is because the focus needed to be on that orphan idea, but there is much to assume in that scenario that no one else were in their vehicles or that Dr. Ratha is perfectly fine. Much more assuming than Joker wouldn't have hurt anyone when the latter was fact.
Joker is a homicidal maniac,nothing can be assumed about him

Old 11-26-2012, 04:54 AM   #317
SpiderMarvelite
Banned User

SpiderMarvelite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 10:37 AM   #318
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
I tend to agree with you,but try to look at things from Webb's POV,saving Ratha would have been a time waste
If I had my way I would have removed the father-son thingy aswell.
Just Lizard flicking over cars and Spidey webbing them up.Plain and simple.After that they go at each other and we see a fight
But that's the thing. We knew so much about Peter's feelings about being an orphan, seeing a father and son being together doesn't really add anything more on the focus.

Needless to say, it feels like Webb's reboot is trying to push Uncle Ben to the side, which is pretty messed up.

If Spider-Man saved the child, he should've saved everyone as it was useless to even show Dr. Ratha being knocked out in his car.

Quote:
Because I dont have any problems with it
I am just using your logic.And due to your biasness you consider one a flaw and not the other
Biasness over wishing Spidey saved other people? How it that biasness? The whole reason I made is that Spidey should have saved anyone else still in their vehicles, which includes Dr. Ratha.

Quote:
And the old man? What about him? Dont give me the board member point,Joker supposedly didnt care about anyone else at that point by your logic
What board member point? Lol. Joker attacked the guy because he wasn't helping him one bit.

And you're simply not understanding my "logic", nor have you for a while since you find it necessary to reply to everything I say. But, perhaps it's making you a smarter man. So kudos to me.

Quote:
Peter assuming other cars would burst into flames is the same as Bruce assuming Joker wouldnt kill anyone else.They both made risky assumptions.
Let it go.These things happen all the time in Superhero movies
Lol, one big assumption right there. For someone who claims they understand my "logic", you're not making any sense

Quote:
Joker is a homicidal maniac,nothing can be assumed about him

Except for the fact that the audience is aware of what Joker's plan is since that whole dialogue between Ramirez and Gordon tell us. Joker's targeting three specific people. Three. Anyone else Joker took his knife to was cannon fodder.

Old 11-26-2012, 03:07 PM   #319
Schrute
Side-Kick

The scenes in The Dark Knight and T-ASM both require fan assumptions.

It is correct to point out that Spider-Man swinging away from the bridge is awkward because you can clearly see more cars dangling. We even know for a fact that at least one other person is still in a car, Ratha. You can assume that Spider-man left because the cops were coming and would try and arrest him perhaps, or that the cops would save the people in the cars so no harm done. Those are logical assumptions, but they are still only assumptions.

With The Dark Knight, it is also sort of an awkward way to end the scene . After Batman knocks out Jokers men, Joker throws Rachel out the window because he knows that's how he can escape. Batman catches Rachel and lands right outside the same building Joker is in.
How did the Joker escape a building with Batman right outside of it? We didn't see him arrive in a helicopter so I doubt he left in one. He most likely got out the same way he got in: the front or back door.

Also, Jokers men were knocked out so he would have to get out alone (unless of course he had men downstairs). But still how would he get out of the building with batman waiting for him outside? The moment Joker leaves the Penthouse you could assume everyone in there called the police also. So you could have almost every cop headed towards Jokers location...as well as Batman right outside.

Why didn't we see Batman get up and go right after Joker? Why didn't we see the Joker escape? I think with T-ASM scene in discussion there are some logical assumptions, and maybe some that could explain how Joker got out of that building while Batman was right outside. Fans could say he could of went out the back, or jumped out of a not to high window into an alleyway where the get away car was... but that's still just another assumption just like people assuming Spider-Man left because the cops were coming or he believed the cops would save the other people left in the car.

My point is that there are a lot of these types of situations in movies with fantastical characters where the only way to explain something could be just your assumption IMO.

Last edited by Schrute; 11-26-2012 at 03:11 PM.
Schrute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 03:20 PM   #320
Anno_Domini
Banned User

I do agree that Joker leaving, it becomes a bit awkward to just assume Joker leaving without anyone notice. But what Spiderdevil and I were discussing was the 'assumption' that Joker was going to hurt everyone else after Batman jumped through the broken window to save Rachel. I say nay, because there's no reasoning, but I do agree with you about Joker leaving. I would tend to agree that we actually should've seen Joker leave and we have an idea that Nolan was going to give us that as well

Old 11-26-2012, 04:26 PM   #321
Spiderdevil
Side-Kick

Quote:
But that's the thing. We knew so much about Peter's feelings about being an orphan, seeing a father and son being together doesn't really add anything more on the focus.

Needless to say, it feels like Webb's reboot is trying to push Uncle Ben to the side, which is pretty messed up.
They are trying to be different from the Raimi movies.

Quote:
Biasness over wishing Spidey saved other people? How it that biasness? The whole reason I made is that Spidey should have saved anyone else still in their vehicles, which includes Dr. Ratha.
By that logic Batman should have gone back up to protect those people and Harvey or we should have seen the Joker leaving

Quote:
What board member point? Lol. Joker attacked the guy because he wasn't helping him one bit.
So if its safe to assume that he could do the same to others if they dont 'help him'

Quote:
And you're simply not understanding my "logic", nor have you for a while since you find it necessary to reply to everything I say. But, perhaps it's making you a smarter man. So kudos to me.
I didnt even reply to you to begin this,check again
And if you dont want people replying to you,whats your purpose of posting in forums?

Old 11-26-2012, 04:30 PM   #322
Spiderdevil
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schrute View Post
The scenes in The Dark Knight and T-ASM both require fan assumptions.

It is correct to point out that Spider-Man swinging away from the bridge is awkward because you can clearly see more cars dangling. We even know for a fact that at least one other person is still in a car, Ratha. You can assume that Spider-man left because the cops were coming and would try and arrest him perhaps, or that the cops would save the people in the cars so no harm done. Those are logical assumptions, but they are still only assumptions.

With The Dark Knight, it is also sort of an awkward way to end the scene . After Batman knocks out Jokers men, Joker throws Rachel out the window because he knows that's how he can escape. Batman catches Rachel and lands right outside the same building Joker is in.
How did the Joker escape a building with Batman right outside of it? We didn't see him arrive in a helicopter so I doubt he left in one. He most likely got out the same way he got in: the front or back door.

Also, Jokers men were knocked out so he would have to get out alone (unless of course he had men downstairs). But still how would he get out of the building with batman waiting for him outside? The moment Joker leaves the Penthouse you could assume everyone in there called the police also. So you could have almost every cop headed towards Jokers location...as well as Batman right outside.

Why didn't we see Batman get up and go right after Joker? Why didn't we see the Joker escape? I think with T-ASM scene in discussion there are some logical assumptions, and maybe some that could explain how Joker got out of that building while Batman was right outside. Fans could say he could of went out the back, or jumped out of a not to high window into an alleyway where the get away car was... but that's still just another assumption just like people assuming Spider-Man left because the cops were coming or he believed the cops would save the other people left in the car.

My point is that there are a lot of these types of situations in movies with fantastical characters where the only way to explain something could be just your assumption IMO.
Thats EXACTLY my point
These things happen all the time,especially in Superhero movies.You just have to assume things

Imo assuming other cars wouldnt burst into flames or Ratha would be safe till the cops get him out is a Safer assumption than assuming that the Joker wont hurt anyone else or find Harvey

But I dont have any problems with both the scenes because things that dont add anything to the plot dont need to be shown.
Showing Spidey saving other people would add nothing to the plot while wasting time and taking away the focus

Old 11-26-2012, 04:35 PM   #323
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
They are trying to be different from the Raimi movies.
Of course they were, no doubt about that, but it's not the essence of Peter, really, when the parents never played such a pivotal role as Uncle Ben. The 'Untold Story' is trying to give the parents this big role in this story of Spider-Man and it's unnecessary, imo.

Quote:
By that logic Batman should have gone back up to protect those people and Harvey or we should have seen the Joker leaving
"Logic" as in me saying I wanted to see Spidey save others. So the same "logic" should mean Batman should have gone up to protect people that Joker wasn't going to hurt....or that Joker should have leave, something you didn't bring up until another post brought it up, haha.

Quote:
So if its safe to assume that he could do the same to others if they dont 'help him'
Two people gave him answers in their own way of Dent not being there. Expect Joker to waste more time, especially with Batman having taking out his goons and who could quickly be back in the penthouse in a matter of minutes?

Quote:
I didnt even reply to you to begin this,check again
And if you dont want people replying to you,whats your purpose of posting in forums?
So this:

Quote:
They didnt show him saving other people because the focus of the moment was his saving a kid and then seeing the father-son and remembering the father he never had.Webb wanted to focus on the orphan aspect on Peter Parker,showing anything other than that would have ruined the moment

These things happen all the time,like how they didnt show Batman go back up to deal with Joker and his thugs after he saved Rachel from falling in TDK
I mean that was more dangerous,the cars would probably just hang there and the police will get them out anyway but the Joker can kill people

I am not nitpicking on TDK,just showing how not everything needs to be shown
was not specified to me?

Old 11-26-2012, 04:38 PM   #324
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
Thats EXACTLY my point
These things happen all the time,especially in Superhero movies.You just have to assume things

Imo assuming other cars wouldnt burst into flames or Ratha would be safe till the cops get him out is a Safer assumption than assuming that the Joker wont hurt anyone else or find Harvey

But I dont have any problems with both the scenes because things that dont add anything to the plot dont need to be shown.
Showing Spidey saving other people would add nothing to the plot while wasting time and taking away the focus
Hey Mitt, you were never even referring to Joker leaving, only him hurting anyone else in the penthouse.

Old 11-26-2012, 06:58 PM   #325
Web face
Side-Kick

Lol, Mitt?

Web face is offline   Reply With Quote