The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > The Amazing Spider-Man

Old 11-18-2012, 04:41 AM   #201
Oscorp
Side-Kick

Default Re: TASM Easter eggs, foreshadowing, and other references!

Yeah his genious was shown alot in the film. Not always shown directly to you or spoken to you, but it was definitely present throughout the whole film.

Peter was shown as much smarter in ASM than in Raimi's films if you ask me.

"it's ****ing terrible. it's twilight ********."
-Levitikuz' friend, as told to Levitikuz' friend's date, about TASM.
Oscorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 04:58 AM   #202
spider-neil
spins a web any size!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscorp View Post
Yeah his genious was shown alot in the film. Not always shown directly to you or spoken to you, but it was definitely present throughout the whole film.

In Raimi's movies (without the meta knowledge of Peter Parker) I got the impression Peter was a talented student not that he was a genius. What did he do that showed his genius?

spider-neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 05:00 AM   #203
spider-neil
spins a web any size!

Webb talks about a costume change, how much do you want to bet me this is because Peter makes his costume resistent to electricity.

Old 11-18-2012, 05:30 AM   #204
AnneFan
Hathaway #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by VenomSpawn View Post
Who knows, maybe he'll make his own special webbing or modify the webbing or something for a sequel.
Yeah. You would think he can't keep breaking into Oscorp when he runs out. Study the make-up of the biocable and find a way to manufacture it himself maybe?

Rio 2 - Song One - Interstellar - The Intern - Alice 2
AnneFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 05:35 AM   #205
spider-neil
spins a web any size!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnneFan View Post
Yeah. You would think he can't keep breaking into Oscorp when he runs out. Study the make-up of the biocable and find a way to manufacture it himself maybe?
This makes perfect sense and I hope they explore it.
Did he steal the webbing? It looks like he ordered it.
Techincally he could just ask his girlfriend to get a massive box full of the stuff.

One the subject of the webbing, when Spidey cacoons the Lizard in webbing he really should have run out of webbing at that point as he uses a massive amount of webbing.

Old 11-18-2012, 10:26 AM   #206
Spiderdevil
Side-Kick

Quote:

Dont think so
There was nothing to show he was a Genius boy except when Gwen said he comes second in the class

While in Raimi's movies,Peter understood the whole of DocOck's experiment and even predicted the correct result

Spiderdevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 10:45 AM   #207
Rise_-
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by spider-neil View Post
Webb talks about a costume change, how much do you want to bet me this is because Peter makes his costume resistent to electricity.
Well, urm...

Bigger eyes and "gnarly webshooters" have been confirmed.

So...

Yeah.

Not sure how that'd tie in with what you said. Maybe the bigger eyes will have to do with Peter needing a wider field of view and the webshooters will have the internal workings covered up or something, because the gears and whatnot were visible, so they could have been easily damaged.

Rise_- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 11:23 AM   #208
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderdevil View Post
So you finally get my point

I think they did it to make it more realistic,because,a guy creating a webbing like that is not realistic.
I just hoped they had a bigger montage of him working on it so that we can appreciate his work rather than thinking its OSCORP's production
No, I do not get your point. In fact, I forgot what your point is. Even the biocable idea is less realistic than Peter creating a type of webbing; the biocable idea seems to even be there because of having a way of OsCorp even keeping spiders from the beginning.

You bring in realism, when this film didn't have such a tone at all. We had a giant lizard as the villain. Peter Parker could have definitely created the webbing.

Anno_Domini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 11:25 AM   #209
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:

They both had their moments, but it was only in TAS-M that showed Peter creating things; In Raimi's trilogy, we only know how intelligent he is by the things he knew, but in the reboot's case, Peter didn't really say anything off the top of his head without having the viewer see him reading something beforehand to get the attention of Connors.

Old 11-18-2012, 04:16 PM   #210
SpiderMarvelite
Banned User

I reckon Peter will sudy and create new Biocable for himself.
He cant just create it, perhaps he needed aomething to work from

SpiderMarvelite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 06:53 PM   #211
GRangerPrimeNYC
AgentGodzillaRangerPrime

Maybe once Oscorp realizes Spider-Man's using their biocable, they're gonna stop producing or selling it, then Peter will have no choice but to make his own.

GRangerPrimeNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 06:55 PM   #212
Anno_Domini
Banned User

OsCorp could always use that to their advantage though. Letting the police know that this vigilante is stealing their products...could result in the NYPD chasing Spidey again.

Old 11-18-2012, 07:17 PM   #213
GENERAL RAAM582
The Amazing Spider-Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
They both had their moments, but it was only in TAS-M that showed Peter creating things; In Raimi's trilogy, we only know how intelligent he is by the things he knew, but in the reboot's case, Peter didn't really say anything off the top of his head without having the viewer see him reading something beforehand to get the attention of Connors.
"Saying things on the top of your head" thing from the Raimi films felt so forced to me. I can remember anything little tidbit from a text book, doesn't make me intelligent. Peter making the shooters or helping with a cure felt like real intelligence. I felt he was intelligent in SM2 with his interview with Ock, but that was the only time in that entire trilogy that he came across as smart. When your best friend is trying to kill you, I don't give a **** about dying requests, you tell him "Dude! Stop trying to kill me! You're father was a homicidal maniac!"

GENERAL RAAM582 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 07:28 PM   #214
Anno_Domini
Banned User

He helped make the cure?

Old 11-18-2012, 09:41 PM   #215
fireflyhatter
Side-Kick

Quote:
He helped make the cure?
Assuming that him and Connors worked one up while they were experimenting on the rats and that's how he knew to tell Gwen

fireflyhatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 10:21 PM   #216
Spiderdevil
Side-Kick

He never stole it from OsCorp,I think he is buying it
Why else would OsCorp advertise the bio-cable on the net if they arent selling?

Old 11-18-2012, 11:16 PM   #217
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireflyhatter View Post
Assuming that him and Connors worked one up while they were experimenting on the rats and that's how he knew to tell Gwen
This wasn't really mentioned in-film though, was it? That Peter and Connors worked on an antidote for the serum? Didn't even think they'd worry about making some kind of antidote either.

Quote:
He never stole it from OsCorp,I think he is buying it
Why else would OsCorp advertise the bio-cable on the net if they arent selling?
Peter Parker bought it.

Spider-Man didn't. And that's how OsCorp could get the police involved.

Old 11-19-2012, 02:38 AM   #218
Picard Sisko
Prepare to be Assimilated

I see it as Norman Osborn will notice the large amount of webbing being purchased by Peter Parker, and perhaps discontinue selling it to him out of suspicion, which is how he figures out Peter is Spider-Man. This could then lead to the Death of Gwen Stacey towards the end of the film (if he does indeed transform into the Green Goblin).

BTW, I liked someone else's idea above that eventually Peter will have to start making the webbing by himself.

"No matter how small I am--no matter how hopeless everything seems--I mustn't give up! My size doesn't matter! Even my life doesn't matter! No one can win--every battle, but--no man should fall-- without a struggle!"
Picard Sisko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 04:55 AM   #219
spider-neil
spins a web any size!

Would be funny if the bio cable was permanent and Peter resamples the webbing to make it dissolve in 1 hour. The movie makes no reference whatsoever as to how long the webbing lasts.

Last edited by spider-neil; 11-19-2012 at 07:01 AM.
Old 11-19-2012, 06:15 AM   #220
AnneFan
Hathaway #1

Quote:
Would be funny if the bio cable was permanent and bio resamples to webbing to make it dissolve in 1 hour. The movie makes no reference whatsoever as to how long the webbing lasts.
That is true. I suspect, based on no evidence, that the cable isn't permanent ala the comics, or they want it to be but can't crack the formula.

Rio 2 - Song One - Interstellar - The Intern - Alice 2
AnneFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 07:02 AM   #221
spider-neil
spins a web any size!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnneFan View Post
That is true. I suspect, based on no evidence, that the cable isn't permanent ala the comics, or they want it to be but can't crack the formula.
I loved the scenes of Peter in his work shop and any excuse to get him there I'm all for.

Old 11-19-2012, 09:59 AM   #222
Spiderdevil
Side-Kick

Quote:
Peter Parker bought it.

Spider-Man didn't. And that's how OsCorp could get the police involved.
I think a lot of people would buy something like that,not just Peter

Though I think it'll be an interesting twist,OsCorp getting pissed off and involving the police and cutting of the supplies
Peter then develops the formula himself from his father's old notes or something

Old 11-19-2012, 10:09 AM   #223
Aracno_8000
Dreamer Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammerhedd11 View Post
This has gotta be it.
Be pretty dumb if Electro hangs his undies out to dry for the whole world to see.
Well, if you listen carefully, you'll hear the same sound used for the spider-sense when he strike that pose in front of the bridge...you have to listen well...
it's a gwen stacy death easter egg for sure!

Aracno_8000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 11:11 AM   #224
Picard Sisko
Prepare to be Assimilated

Quote:
Would be funny if the bio cable was permanent and Peter resamples the webbing to make it dissolve in 1 hour. The movie makes no reference whatsoever as to how long the webbing lasts.
I think this is something to be explored in the sequels. Since this was a reboot with another origin story, they wanted to get through the transformation as quickly as possible, while still telling a different story.

Quote:
I think a lot of people would buy something like that,not just Peter

Though I think it'll be an interesting twist,OsCorp getting pissed off and involving the police and cutting of the supplies
Peter then develops the formula himself from his father's old notes or something
A lot of big companies and businesses would purchase it, not some kid living with his Aunt and Uncle. Also keep in mind they can see that someone named Peter PARKER is purchasing this, so I'm sure Oscorp will get suspicious at some point.

I wouldn't be surprised if he finds out his father has notes on how to make the webbing. After all, the webbing is provided by the spiders that he bred. Peter also has the spider that bit him saved in a tube, so perhaps he will do more research on it (where he will also find out more about whether or not its radioactive... the spider does hit the top of the machine which "electrocutes" it, if you pay close attention).

"No matter how small I am--no matter how hopeless everything seems--I mustn't give up! My size doesn't matter! Even my life doesn't matter! No one can win--every battle, but--no man should fall-- without a struggle!"
Picard Sisko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 11:21 AM   #225
melvintwj
Spoder-Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picard Sisko View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if he finds out his father has notes on how to make the webbing. After all, the webbing is provided by the spiders that he bred. Peter also has the spider that bit him saved in a tube, so perhaps he will do more research on it (where he will also find out more about whether or not its radioactive... the spider does hit the top of the machine which "electrocutes" it, if you pay close attention).
Yeah that part is so easy to miss. The "zap" went by pretty fast and I kinda missed it the first time I watched it cos I wasn't paying attention.

melvintwj is offline   Reply With Quote