Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 08-10-2012, 09:24 AM   #26
mrvlknight21
Pullups for breakfast!!

Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights XI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximum Carnage View Post
Amazing article; this sums up EXACTLY what I've been getting at in my last few posts.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mikko-alanne/chick-fil-a_b_1734305.html
Actually, I never heard about these protests/issues. Whereas the Chick-fil-A situation was the talk of the town and the internet a week or two ago. I'm not saying that is the case for everyone, but for me, there was a huge difference in awareness of these separate incidents.

Old 08-10-2012, 09:29 AM   #27
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator

Default Discussion: Gay Rights XII

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Old 08-10-2012, 09:29 AM   #28
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
Actually, I never heard about these protests/issues. Whereas the Chick-fil-A situation was the talk of the town and the internet a week or two ago. I'm not saying that is the case for everyone, but for me, there was a huge difference in awareness of these separate incidents.

unfortunately as the internet introduces us to even more news... news is also becoming more tuned into what the user finds, or is interested in. People spend less time watching national or local news these days, nor do they read newspapers... most seem to get news from online sources be it Facebook or their favorite website... and that's just it... Facebook you "like" articles so you see more of that type or a specific genre that news is geared towards (or your friends who share common interests) and you go back to the same website, that might report more about some things than others...

News use to be about finding you, and now it's about you finding it. Which unfortunately leaves alot of people in the dark or misinformed.

DING DONG DOMA IS DEAD and PROP 8 has been slayed June 26th, 2013
[=]
Old 08-10-2012, 09:54 AM   #29
mrvlknight21
Pullups for breakfast!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spideyboy_1111 View Post
unfortunately as the internet introduces us to even more news... news is also becoming more tuned into what the user finds, or is interested in. People spend less time watching national or local news these days, nor do they read newspapers... most seem to get news from online sources be it Facebook or their favorite website... and that's just it... Facebook you "like" articles so you see more of that type or a specific genre that news is geared towards (or your friends who share common interests) and you go back to the same website, that might report more about some things than others...

News use to be about finding you, and now it's about you finding it. Which unfortunately leaves alot of people in the dark or misinformed.
While all of that may be true, it doesnt really describe me.
I read the local newspaper (in print or online) ALMOST everyday.
I dont have facebook.
I listen to talk radio daily, which covers the national and local headlines twice an hour.
Those are my primary news sources (newspaper and radio, followed by the internet).

Old 08-10-2012, 10:01 AM   #30
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrvlknight21 View Post
While all of that may be true, it doesnt really describe me.
I read the local newspaper (in print or online) ALMOST everyday.
I dont have facebook.
I listen to talk radio daily, which covers the national and local headlines twice an hour.
Those are my primary news sources (newspaper and radio, followed by the internet).
well... to be fair, im sure local new in georgia probably isn't the biggest advocate of gay rights news either... I sure as hell know that my local news (paper and television) do a horrible job at reporting anything.. and when they do, they leave a lot out...

[=]
Old 08-10-2012, 10:06 AM   #31
mrvlknight21
Pullups for breakfast!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spideyboy_1111 View Post
well... to be fair, im sure local new in georgia probably isn't the biggest advocate of gay rights news either... I sure as hell know that my local news (paper and television) do a horrible job at reporting anything.. and when they do, they leave a lot out...
Oh, no doubt. I get my "gay news" from you guys most of the time! LOL!

They (local newspaper/local tv news) report on some gay stuff. There is a gay pride parade/festival here every year and they do a good bit to cover it.

Regarding Chick-fil-a, I heard about it first from a friend and THEN went on the internet and saw stuff about the comments made by the CEO and the protest and anti-protest.

Old 08-10-2012, 10:07 AM   #32
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights XI - Part 9

yeah. it's just a really awkward world we live in. These day's one is far more informed online than any other media

[=]
Old 08-11-2012, 12:56 PM   #33
wiegeabo
Omniposcient

Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights XI - Part 9

US Army has first openly gay flag officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
Old 08-14-2012, 08:28 PM   #34
Marx
Pixelated
SHH! Global Moderator

Lightbulb New Poll

New thread means another new poll. Please be sure to vote!

Last edited by Marx; 08-14-2012 at 08:36 PM.
Old 08-15-2012, 09:01 AM   #35
Maximum Carnage
Tanned User

Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights XII

Yay new thread!

Old 08-16-2012, 06:09 AM   #36
ironmaidenrules
Side-Kick

It's all very simple.
"Gay rights" such a silly term. Gay people are people. Whatever the rights are for the people should apply to them.this goes for all genders, races, religious affiliation .

It's called freedom. Anything else is discrimination.

Old 08-16-2012, 01:30 PM   #37
Nell2ThaIzzay
Johnny Russo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotwire View Post
Saw this on Facebook today. Thought I should share.

I'm part of the "It just disgusts me" camp.

But I'm also of the mind set that "it's icky" isn't a valid reason to deny someone the same rights as everyone else, and isn't a valid reason to discriminate against them.

I may not personally like the act, but the idea that it is some kind of "sin", and that they don't deserve the same rights as I do disgusts me far more than the act in question.

Includes movie information, timeline theories, character bios, and more!
Old 08-16-2012, 01:37 PM   #38
Kelly
Hoity Toity Administrator
SHH! Administrator

To those Christians that see homosexuality as a sin....apparently they are only reading Romans 1: 26 and 27 and forget the scripture after that....

26 Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural sexual relations for unnatural ones. 27 In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed shameful acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their error.
28 Furthermore, just as they did not think it worthwhile to retain the knowledge of God, so God gave them over to a depraved mind, so that they do what ought not to be done. 29 They have become filled with every kind of wickedness, evil, greed and depravity. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit and malice. They are gossips, 30 slanderers, God-haters, insolent, arrogant and boastful; they invent ways of doing evil; they disobey their parents; 31 they have no understanding, no fidelity, no love, no mercy. 32 Although they know God’s righteous decree that those who do such things deserve death, they not only continue to do these very things but also approve of those who practice them.

Those things according to the scripture are equal in sinfulness.....so I guess we need to take their rights away as well....as for myself, I've NEVER done any of those things as a Christian, so I get to keep my rights..... insert sarcasm....

Old 08-16-2012, 01:39 PM   #39
Schlosser85
SHH! Global Moderator
SHH! Global Moderator

Hmm, I'd say a lot of those gay-bashing Christians display both "malice" and "arrogance".

Two wrongs just make something more wrong.

Movie Review Site:
Old 08-16-2012, 01:40 PM   #40
Majik1387
Casting Extraodinaire ;D

This is my personal favorite.

Old 08-16-2012, 01:44 PM   #41
Kelly
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schlosser85 View Post
Hmm, I'd say a lot of those gay-bashing Christians display both "malice" and "arrogance".

Uh......yeah, and have disobeyed their parents etc. So to me, calling it sin is not enough to not give a group the rights that they should be given. These people can disagree with whether or not its a sin or not....they can argue that all day long....that is difference in beliefs to me, but to use that to keep a group from rights that they should have?????? that's is totally different. I believe that sin, not degrees of sin separate us from God....I believe that Jesus is the bridge that brings the two back together.....I never saw Jesus turn down what some might call "sinners", but he sure as heck slammed hypocrisy....

Old 08-16-2012, 01:48 PM   #42
Schlosser85
SHH! Global Moderator
SHH! Global Moderator

I'm hardly any Bible expert, so anyone step in to correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure there was some business about him defending a prostitute....and telling those without sin (as in, nobody) to cast stones....can almost remember her name, Mary something or other...

I don't really know all the details of the story, but apparently a lot of Bible-thumpers missed that chapter too...

Movie Review Site:
Old 08-16-2012, 01:56 PM   #43
Kelly
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
I'm hardly any Bible expert, so anyone step in to correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure there was some business about him defending a prostitute....and telling those without sin (as in, nobody) to cast stones....can almost remember her name, Mary something or other...

I don't really know all the details of the story, but apparently a lot of Bible-thumpers missed that chapter too...
You are correct on both counts...
...Jesus was about to sit down to teach a group of people and the Pharisees brought a woman in saying....hey, she has committed adultery, according to the Laws of Moses, she should be stoned, what do you think about that....they were pretty much trying to trap him....and that was his answer to them.

Old 08-16-2012, 02:23 PM   #44
8wid
Banned User

As a homo myself, I know I'm genetically programmed to feel the way I do. So I figure if God can create me he is creating a being that will naturally and automatically commit sin. Thus there is a major contradiction of his existence there.

Old 08-16-2012, 02:42 PM   #45
Schlosser85
SHH! Global Moderator
SHH! Global Moderator

It's not God making you feel that way....it's Satan.

Or you could just be possessed by a demon that apparently got bored and has nothing better to do than possess some random guy and make him have sex with men.

Movie Review Site:
Old 08-16-2012, 02:42 PM   #46
mrvlknight21
Pullups for breakfast!!

It SEEMS like there is a larger percentage of admitted gay people on this website as opposed to out in the regular world or on other forums that I frequent.
Do you guys and girls that are members here on the hype that are gay find that comic book fans in general have a larger percentage of gay members?

Old 08-16-2012, 02:43 PM   #47
Schlosser85
SHH! Global Moderator
SHH! Global Moderator

Homosexuals are a sizable chunk of the X-Men fan demographic because of how so much of X-Men is allegorical for gay rights.

Movie Review Site:
Old 08-16-2012, 02:48 PM   #48
mrvlknight21
Pullups for breakfast!!

Quote:
Homosexuals are a sizable chunk of the X-Men fan demographic because of how so much of X-Men is allegorical for gay rights.
I will take that as a yes.

I always felt like an outsider because of a lot of things so (still do in a ,lot of ways) , growing up, the X-men comics were very important to me as well. I guess a lot of people can identify with the X-men for various reasons (race, sexual orientation, being bullied in general, etc).

Old 08-16-2012, 03:21 PM   #49
Pink Ranger
TV Poster, Radio Face

As a member of the LGBT community, and as someone born with a barbed prehensile tail, I identify with the X-men on many counts.

Notice to all Hype members: Put down your phone and/or game controller right now and pick up a copy of The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay by Michael Chabon. A must-read for anybody who visits this website.
Old 08-16-2012, 03:23 PM   #50
wiegeabo
Omniposcient

oh god, I thought you were going to say barbed, prehensile penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
Closed Thread