The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Politics

View Poll Results:
0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2012, 05:58 PM   #776
Thundercrack85
Side-Kick
 
Thundercrack85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 15,140
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights XII

If they actually enforced the "political neutrality" clause, there would be very few churches who would keep their tax-exempt status.

Thundercrack85 is offline  
Old 11-15-2012, 07:35 PM   #777
Schlosser85
Watchful Protector
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Schlosser85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Ohio, USA
Posts: 19,778
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights XII

They absolutely should lose their tax-exempt status (which I think is BS anyway, to be honest). They're voluntarily making themselves into political organizations.

By the way, that's $2 million it was deemed more important to spend on opposing gay rights than helping the homeless or funding a charity.

Good to know an organization's priorities.


__________________
Quote:
In the rain the pavement shines like silver
All the lights are misty in the river
...




Movie Review Site:

H.E.
Schlosser85 is online now  
Old 11-15-2012, 07:37 PM   #778
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,421
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights XII

$2 million spent ignoring "do onto others..." rather than actually "doing onto others"

Way to be classy.

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is online now  
Old 11-15-2012, 08:15 PM   #779
Marx
Pixelated
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Marx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Ohio
Posts: 55,027
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights XII

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorex View Post
Anyone else think the Roman Catholic Church should lose its tax exemption status after actions like this?

http://www.hrc.org/blog/entry/roman-...inst-lgbt-amer
Yes.

__________________
It can't rain all the time.
Marx is offline  
Old 11-16-2012, 01:38 AM   #780
Schlosser85
Watchful Protector
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Schlosser85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Ohio, USA
Posts: 19,778
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights XII


__________________
Quote:
In the rain the pavement shines like silver
All the lights are misty in the river
...




Movie Review Site:

H.E.
Schlosser85 is online now  
Old 11-16-2012, 02:54 PM   #781
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,421
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights XII

Oregon nominating first ever gay Speaker of the House

She'll be the first gay speaker for Oregon, and the first gay head of a house of a state legislature in the country.

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is online now  
Old 11-16-2012, 03:21 PM   #782
Kelly
The Teach!
SHH! Administrator
 
Kelly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 58,933
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights XII

As far as some churches losing their tax exempt status, I totally agree with that....but there are MANY they make sure that they do not break those rules, they don't even let politicians who are members of their church speak in the church, just to make sure they stay within the rules. I do not think that those churches should use their tax exempt status. I don't care what their beliefs are....

__________________

"HATE, It has caused a lot of problems in this world, but it has not solved one yet."
Maya Angelou ...

Kelly is offline  
Old 11-17-2012, 10:26 AM   #783
Marx
Pixelated
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Marx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Ohio
Posts: 55,027
Lightbulb Re: Discussion: Gay Rights XII

FOX NEWS "UNDERREPORTED" MARRIAGE EQUALITY VICTORIES AND ELECTIONS OF GAY CANDIDATES
http://www.advocate.com/politics/ele...-tammy-baldwin

I'm shocked.

__________________
It can't rain all the time.
Marx is offline  
Old 11-17-2012, 11:15 AM   #784
Schlosser85
Watchful Protector
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Schlosser85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Ohio, USA
Posts: 19,778
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights XII

Shh, don't talk about it and it will go away...

__________________
Quote:
In the rain the pavement shines like silver
All the lights are misty in the river
...




Movie Review Site:

H.E.
Schlosser85 is online now  
Old 11-17-2012, 11:49 AM   #785
Hotwire
Dealin' W/ Demons
 
Hotwire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 13,450
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights XII

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marx View Post
FOX NEWS "UNDERREPORTED" MARRIAGE EQUALITY VICTORIES AND ELECTIONS OF GAY CANDIDATES
http://www.advocate.com/politics/ele...-tammy-baldwin

I'm shocked.
I'm sorry, I missed the part where the surprise came in.

Hotwire is offline  
Old 11-17-2012, 12:09 PM   #786
Schlosser85
Watchful Protector
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Schlosser85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Ohio, USA
Posts: 19,778
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights XII

Well, I for one am gobsmacked.

__________________
Quote:
In the rain the pavement shines like silver
All the lights are misty in the river
...




Movie Review Site:

H.E.
Schlosser85 is online now  
Old 11-17-2012, 01:57 PM   #787
Hotwire
Dealin' W/ Demons
 
Hotwire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 13,450
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights XII

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schlosser85 View Post
Well, I for one am gobsmacked.
Is that a step above or below flabbergasted? I can never keep them straight.

Hotwire is offline  
Old 11-17-2012, 02:06 PM   #788
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,421
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights XII

good word

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is online now  
Old 11-21-2012, 06:23 PM   #789
Marx
Pixelated
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Marx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Ohio
Posts: 55,027
Lightbulb Re: Discussion: Gay Rights XII

GIRL WITH GAY PARENTS BECOMES "PEN PAL" WITH PRESIDENT OBAMA
http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...esident-obama/



__________________
It can't rain all the time.
Marx is offline  
Old 11-21-2012, 09:29 PM   #790
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,421
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights XII

Boeing Said It Will Deny Equal Pension Benefits to Married Gay Couples

Quote:
Today the Boeing Company told union negotiators that it intends to deny pension survivor benefits to same-sex married couples, even though Washington State voters decisively approved a marriage equality law earlier this month.

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is online now  
Old 11-21-2012, 09:32 PM   #791
Marx
Pixelated
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Marx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Ohio
Posts: 55,027
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights XII

...

__________________
It can't rain all the time.
Marx is offline  
Old 11-21-2012, 10:07 PM   #792
Schlosser85
Watchful Protector
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Schlosser85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Ohio, USA
Posts: 19,778
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights XII

They're purely motivated by the bottom line, IMO. More employees' significant others to extend benefits to, the more $$$ it requires Boeing to shell out. It's sad and cynical but IMO it's a matter of business pragmatism, not homophobia. Unfortunately, the end result is the same.

Schlosser85 is online now  
Old 11-21-2012, 10:36 PM   #793
Marx
Pixelated
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Marx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Ohio
Posts: 55,027
Lightbulb Re: Discussion: Gay Rights XII

UPDATE: CALIFORNIA GOVERNOR APPOINTS TWO OPENLY GAY APPELLATE JUDGES
http://www.advocate.com/politics/201...ew-lgbt-judges


__________________
It can't rain all the time.

Last edited by Marx; 11-21-2012 at 10:40 PM.
Marx is offline  
Old 11-21-2012, 10:38 PM   #794
Schlosser85
Watchful Protector
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Schlosser85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Ohio, USA
Posts: 19,778
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights XII

*waits for social conservatives to start railing about "activist judges"*

Schlosser85 is online now  
Old 11-21-2012, 10:39 PM   #795
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,421
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights XII

Two, not to


__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is online now  
Old 11-21-2012, 10:41 PM   #796
Marx
Pixelated
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Marx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Ohio
Posts: 55,027
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights XII

Grammar nazi!

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

__________________
It can't rain all the time.
Marx is offline  
Old 11-21-2012, 10:46 PM   #797
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,421
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights XII

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marx View Post
Grammar nazi!

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is online now  
Old 11-22-2012, 07:57 PM   #798
Two-Face=Badass
Side-Kick
 
Two-Face=Badass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,760
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights XII

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schlosser85 View Post
They're purely motivated by the bottom line, IMO. More employees' significant others to extend benefits to, the more $$$ it requires Boeing to shell out. It's sad and cynical but IMO it's a matter of business pragmatism, not homophobia. Unfortunately, the end result is the same.
That's still bigotry however you cut it. A guy acting racist is indistinguishable from a guy who is racist. All that matters is, as you say, the bottom line. And here that means cynically casting the lot of a powerful company against a discriminated minority.

__________________
"What does that make us Zoe?"
"Big Damn Heroes sir!"
"Ain't we just."
-Mal and Zoe, Firefly
Two-Face=Badass is offline  
Old 11-25-2012, 03:51 AM   #799
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop
 
Hawkingbird's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: With the Hawkeyes
Posts: 5,733
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights XII

Picture of Hitler seems fitting for this thread

__________________
"Turkey sucks and you suck, and who made you boss?"
Hawkingbird is offline  
Old 11-25-2012, 09:09 AM   #800
Bathead
The Oldest Geek
 
Bathead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Sumwear in Pencilvainya
Posts: 5,239
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights XII

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schlosser85 View Post
They're purely motivated by the bottom line, IMO. More employees' significant others to extend benefits to, the more $$$ it requires Boeing to shell out. It's sad and cynical but IMO it's a matter of business pragmatism, not homophobia. Unfortunately, the end result is the same.
I don't see how. If it was indeed the "bottom line" then why is it only applying to one segment of their employees, and not all?

__________________
Little fly upon the wall,
Ain't you got no friends at all?
Wanna see God?
*splat*
Bathead is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:26 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.