The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Sports

Closed Thread

Old 08-11-2012, 02:59 PM   #26
Immortalfire
The Dreamy Mod
SHH! Global Moderator

Default Re: 2012/2013 NBA thread: Your worst Dwightmare!

David Stern can lick his center of gravity.

Old 08-11-2012, 03:26 PM   #27
BatSpider
Not an S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher_MAX View Post
i find it funny when people keep saying Miami won with an awful bench.

did everyone forget what happened in the Finals?

Rio, Battier stepped up bug time, Haslem did his thing, Cole took the moment and Miller rose from the dead to ice the finals. if game 5 is an indicator of what the Heat plan to do then it doesnt matter what the Lakers bring to the table. Miami added Lewis and Allen, both 3 pt snipers to a group consisting of Miller, Jones and Rio who can shoot 3s. add in the fact that Cole will have a full preseason under him and a healthy core not hindered by the compressed season and you have a scary team in Miami.

if the Heat go out and sign Blatche or Darko, then size wont be an issue, and before i get laughed at, Darko last season played big against all star centers and is a solid C that would fit right here in Miami.
I find it funny the bench was the reason they were written to lose almost every series they were in before the finals

Old 08-11-2012, 03:54 PM   #28
Poeman
Banned User

Next season will not be fun

Old 08-12-2012, 10:58 AM   #29
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

Where's Docker? Man Melo Galactic MVP is so important to Team USA, Coach K decided he should be on the bench during the closeout of this gold medal game.

"When I was in college, I was belittling the woman who later become my wife for not knowing who Boba Fett was, and she responded by asking me if I knew who the Prime Minister of Israel was. Surprisingly? Not Mon Mothma."-BKV
Old 08-12-2012, 11:21 AM   #30
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

I see Skip on Twitter has already made this a negative for Lebron.

"When I was in college, I was belittling the woman who later become my wife for not knowing who Boba Fett was, and she responded by asking me if I knew who the Prime Minister of Israel was. Surprisingly? Not Mon Mothma."-BKV
Old 08-12-2012, 10:02 PM   #31
Docker2.0
Watchin' you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthphere View Post
Where's Docker? Man Melo Galactic MVP is so important to Team USA, Coach K decided he should be on the bench during the closeout of this gold medal game.
Seriously Darth? Did you watch the game? Melo was killing it in the first half and only sat out some in the second because of foul trouble. He played great, they all did, which is why they won. I don't understand why coach K didn't play Anthony Davis. They needed size and shot blocking and he gave them both but he never looked his way.

Old 08-12-2012, 10:17 PM   #32
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

But Melo is a winner, he should be there in crunch time.

Old 08-12-2012, 10:33 PM   #33
Poeman
Banned User

Um Melo has been instrumental to this US team...And if you failed to notice, which it looks like you did. He got in foul trouble and was appeared to have injured himself during the game with his hamstring/groin.

Old 08-12-2012, 10:38 PM   #34
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

Lebron was in foul trouble too. Also, his hamstring didn't seem injured when he was jumping up and down celebrating the win....on the sideline.

Nothing a little champagne won't cure. http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/olympi...3037--oly.html

Last edited by Darthphere; 08-12-2012 at 10:45 PM.
Old 08-12-2012, 10:45 PM   #35
Anubis
Sup?

If this Olympics has shown us anything, it's that they're all overrated.

Old 08-12-2012, 10:53 PM   #36
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
If this Olympics has shown us anything, it's that they're all overrated.
Well they ain't the Dream Team.....

If there's anything we can agree on is that the constant comparing to the Dream Team is annoying. Do we agree Poe and Dock?

Old 08-12-2012, 11:05 PM   #37
Docker2.0
Watchin' you!

Agree Darth but you also have to agree all the Melo hate is unwarranted as much as the Lebron hate is. I don't understand why people want to crucify Lebron but yet Dwight seems to be getting a pass. Not a 100% pass, but nowhere near the jersey burning that Lebron got.

Old 08-12-2012, 11:12 PM   #38
Poeman
Banned User

obviously i agree to the dream team comparison being ridiculous.

Also I agree Dwight needs to get some hate here, he unlike some of these other players never gives 100%.

Playing is so easy for him because of his physical traits...

Old 08-12-2012, 11:33 PM   #39
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

With Dwight, it seems we skipped the hate period and went straight to the don't give a **** phase. I agree, lets hate on Dwight.

Old 08-13-2012, 01:03 AM   #40
Anubis
Sup?

I don't give a s**t about any of em.

Old 08-13-2012, 01:19 AM   #41
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthphere View Post
With Dwight, it seems we skipped the hate period and went straight to the don't give a **** phase. I agree, lets hate on Dwight.
I think that's mainly because it took place during a period where people are distracted by the Olympics and it occurred in a non-televised, multi-team trade, unlike the very public free-agent spectacle by LeBron that was discussed to no end before and after the actual decision.

Old 08-13-2012, 01:31 AM   #42
Anubis
Sup?

I don't know, if you didn't think he was a whiny douche all throughout last year and the end of the season when he got Van Gundy fired, then you probably were never gonna give a s**t.

Old 08-13-2012, 01:58 AM   #43
Trainwreck2100
Side-Kick

Everyone just got tired of the Dwight BS

Old 08-13-2012, 08:40 PM   #44
Go Web Go!
Shhhhhhhh!

Old 08-13-2012, 09:47 PM   #45
Docker2.0
Watchin' you!

Is it true Lebron is starting at the four next season?

Old 08-13-2012, 10:01 PM   #46
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

Wouldn't shock me.

Old 08-14-2012, 03:20 AM   #47
Doc Samson
Superhero Psychiatrist

Personally I think the Dream Team comparisons are ridiculous for a whole different set of reasons.

Primarily, people need to recognize this Olympic team (as well as the '08 "Redeem Team") weren't really the best possible teams we could've put out there. And they still won, against much stiffer competition. The Dream Team was comprised of the best guys of that time (outside of Isiah getting the shaft) So while the '92 team might beat this squad, add in Dwight, Bosh, Wade, Rose & Bynum, hell even Garnett or Duncan, and it would be a different matter entirely. For sure. (how quickly we forget Grant Hill and those boys came in there and put it on them)

Speaking of much better international competition, most of these Olympic teams today have at least 3-4 NBA players of their own. How many were there in '92? Vlade Divac the flop maestro, & Toni Kukoc? Please, I think they would have way more trouble internationally, let alone tangling with the current USA roster. So to sit there and romanticize the Dream Team over how much they were blowing out guys just there to get their autographs, is glossing over the main point. By that logic, your making the assumption the '12 squad wouldn't do the exact same things to those '92 international players. Trust me, it would probably be far worse...

Bird & Magic, even in their prime, weren't great on ball defenders against guys in that era, they definitely wouldn't be staying in front of anybody from today at their advanced age. That goes double for Stockton who was hobbled at the time too. Matter of fact, Malone & Barkley might be the worst perpetrators on that team in that department. These are all great rebounders, with good anticipation for steals and getting position for boards, but not perimeter defenders. Scottie & MJ wouldn't be able to guard everybody...

"I don't give a **** what you say. If I go out there and miss game winners, and people say, 'Kobe choked, or Kobe is seven for whatever in pressure situations,' Well, **** you. Because I don't play for your ******* approval. I play for my own love and enjoyment of the game. And to win. That's what I play for."
- Kobe Bryant

"As of right now, I don't know what he do good, cause what may work on another fighter is not gonna work on me."

- Floyd Mayweather

Last edited by Doc Samson; 08-14-2012 at 05:07 AM.
Old 08-14-2012, 01:21 PM   #48
Doomed_hero
Side-Kick

I dont agree with the dream team comparison fully but I do belive this team could give them a run for there money. Anyone saying they are not like the dream team cause the dream team never won by so little needs to compare the players in the international world now to what it was like in the early 90s. It has gotten alot harder

Old 08-14-2012, 01:35 PM   #49
Nell2ThaIzzay
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docker2.0 View Post
Agree Darth but you also have to agree all the Melo hate is unwarranted as much as the Lebron hate is. I don't understand why people want to crucify Lebron but yet Dwight seems to be getting a pass. Not a 100% pass, but nowhere near the jersey burning that Lebron got.
The jersey burning is happening in Orlando. Dwight is despised in Magic land right now.

As far as the overall hate goes... Well, the media has hated the Magic for awhile now. Specifically, after the Magic beat Cleveland in the ECF and ruined the media's Kobe v. LeBron Finals. The media has had an agenda to get Dwight out of Orlando, and is happy to see it happen. So they aren't going to perpetuate the hate that LeBron got.

As far as Dwight v. LeBron - as much as I hate LeBron for what he did, at least he played out his contract and left as a free agent. Although, it wasn't LeBron leaving that I hated (I also hold no grudge towards Shaq for leaving either) it was his antics - holding Cleveland hostage, "The Decision", "not 1, not 2, not 3, not 4...", and players colluding on where superstars will and won't play - but LeBron played out his contract and left as a free agent, perfectly within his rights. Dwight whined, got coaches fired, opted IN, complained about opting in, demanded more trades, bad mouthed the Magic organization publically, killed his trade value and any leverage Orlando had, all while trying to say he loved Orlando and didn't want to leave.

Dwight can kiss my ass, and honestly, I don't really even care about LeBron anymore. He shook his "can't win a title" criticism with his post season performance, and just didn't handle his departure nearly as bad as Dwight did. I still don't like LeBron or Miami, but after seeing Dwight, the hate is subsiding.

Old 08-14-2012, 04:23 PM   #50
L.A.
Side-Kick

Subs

Closed Thread