The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Sports

Closed Thread

Old 11-22-2012, 09:29 AM   #651
Docker2.0
Watchin' you!

Default Re: 2012/2013 NBA thread: Your worst Dwightmare!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hound55 View Post
Out of Kobe's own mouth. He sounds pretty proud to be a ballhog.

"Lets all take a moment to laugh at the Miami Heat.

HAHAHAHA."-ESPN poster James Slattery
Old 11-22-2012, 11:04 AM   #652
Docker2.0
Watchin' you!

I had a feeling the Knicks would lose to Dallas because they were looking ahead to Friday's game against Houston. That game I know the Knick players are all looking forward to, particular Felton and JR Smith. Lin is going to have a career high in turnovers, if he plays a lot. Rumor has it, the interim coach isn't to fond of his play. I wonder why.

Old 11-22-2012, 02:07 PM   #653
Mister J
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Lin has been benched in the later stages of the game in favor of Toney Douglas. Either he's been terrible or McHale's replacement is incompetent. I mean, I'd be upset if Toney Douglas got picked over me in a pickup game.

So when you find yourself locked onto an unpleasant train of thought, heading for the places in your past where the screaming is unbearable, remember there’s always madness. Madness is the emergency exit… you can just step outside, and close the door on all those dreadful things that happened. You can lock them away… forever.
Old 11-22-2012, 04:59 PM   #654
runawayboulder
#TheFappening

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docker2.0 View Post
I had a feeling the Knicks would lose to Dallas because they were looking ahead to Friday's game against Houston. That game I know the Knick players are all looking forward to, particular Felton and JR Smith. Lin is going to have a career high in turnovers, if he plays a lot. Rumor has it, the interim coach isn't to fond of his play. I wonder why.
I don't buy that. I would hope that they're more of a focused group than to worry about the opponent that night instead of another in the next game just because one of their ex-flash in a pan players is on the team. If what you say is true, that would make them the most mentally weak team in the NBA and all evidence of Woodson's coaching points to the contrary.

Dallas exposed the Knicks defense and Melo took a horrible shot at the end of the game. Whatever, they have only 2 losses this year and neither one was a conference game. That's all that matters to me right now.

Old 11-22-2012, 05:40 PM   #655
Raiden
Say hello 2 my lil friend

Quote:
What do you have against Lin?

"I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not." - Captain America
Old 11-22-2012, 09:56 PM   #656
Docker2.0
Watchin' you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiden View Post
What do you have against Lin?
You clearly don't live in the NYC area. The Lin fanatic were psychotic for awhile. They wanted to blow the team up, trade Melo and Stat, build the team around Lin and win a championship. And if you said ANYTHING about Lin, you were considered racist. No matter how much you felt he was overpaid, in which he is.

Old 11-22-2012, 09:57 PM   #657
Docker2.0
Watchin' you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister J View Post
Lin has been benched in the later stages of the game in favor of Toney Douglas. Either he's been terrible or McHale's replacement is incompetent. I mean, I'd be upset if Toney Douglas got picked over me in a pickup game.
He's just that terrible.

Old 11-22-2012, 10:00 PM   #658
Docker2.0
Watchin' you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by runawayboulder View Post
I don't buy that. I would hope that they're more of a focused group than to worry about the opponent that night instead of another in the next game just because one of their ex-flash in a pan players is on the team. If what you say is true, that would make them the most mentally weak team in the NBA and all evidence of Woodson's coaching points to the contrary.

Dallas exposed the Knicks defense and Melo took a horrible shot at the end of the game. Whatever, they have only 2 losses this year and neither one was a conference game. That's all that matters to me right now.
People here are slobbering for that game against Houston. There's no question the players want it. I will say this though: Melo clearly got fouled but didn't get any calls against Dallas. He doesn't seem to get as much respect as a superstar should.

Old 11-23-2012, 06:11 AM   #659
runawayboulder
#TheFappening

Well, don't count me as one of those people slobbering over this game. I just was them to win, that's all I care about. Lin has cut down on the turnovers but his FG% has been awful. I'd be more worried about Harden than "embarrassing" Lin. Let Lin embarrass himself.

And Melo, he's kinda like A-Rod lite in my eyes. He needs to earn his respect a little bit. He was pompous in Denver sometimes and hasn't made it past the semi's in the playoffs yet. He's the longest tenured superstar without a ring. He has a lot to prove this year if you ask me. With the level they're playing at, I want to see them make it to the ECF and nothing less. A losing trip to the semi's is unacceptable to me as a fan. This is a win now team, not a work in progress.

Old 11-23-2012, 09:11 AM   #660
Docker2.0
Watchin' you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by runawayboulder View Post
Well, don't count me as one of those people slobbering over this game. I just was them to win, that's all I care about. Lin has cut down on the turnovers but his FG% has been awful. I'd be more worried about Harden than "embarrassing" Lin. Let Lin embarrass himself.

And Melo, he's kinda like A-Rod lite in my eyes. He needs to earn his respect a little bit. He was pompous in Denver sometimes and hasn't made it past the semi's in the playoffs yet. He's the longest tenured superstar without a ring. He has a lot to prove this year if you ask me. With the level they're playing at, I want to see them make it to the ECF and nothing less. A losing trip to the semi's is unacceptable to me as a fan. This is a win now team, not a work in progress.
That's because Harden is bringing the ball up the court, playing basically their pg and sg at the same time. And as far as Melo, he played in a very tough western conference and when he finally got east, he played under an overrated coach in Dantoni. Now that he finally has a coach his team believes in and has a team that is seriously stacked, I can guarantee you that this year they will get out of the first round. And for Melo to be a superstar, he does not get superstar calls. It's beyond ridiculous.

Old 11-23-2012, 12:37 PM   #661
SolarTiger
Side-Kick

Superstar calls shouldn't exist. Period.

Old 11-23-2012, 04:46 PM   #662
runawayboulder
#TheFappening

Isn't that how Chicago won 6 titles?

Old 11-23-2012, 10:28 PM   #663
Docker2.0
Watchin' you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolarTiger View Post
Superstar calls shouldn't exist. Period.
I agree but they do. At least be fair about it. You can't breath on certain players without being called for a foul. I seen numerous plays this year when Melo got hammered and nothing was called....yet the next play they call a weak call.

Old 11-23-2012, 10:49 PM   #664
Anubis
Sup?

Sounds like whiney boos**t to me. You want super star calls, be a super star.

Old 11-23-2012, 10:50 PM   #665
Raiden
Say hello 2 my lil friend

I think Lakers play better under their interim coach than with D'Antoni. So far, I can't say I'm too impressed with the job that he has done as the new head coach.

"I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not." - Captain America
Old 11-23-2012, 10:52 PM   #666
The Apocalypse
Pokeballin'

Quote:
I think Lakers play better under their interim coach than with D'Antoni. So far, I can't say I'm too impressed with the job that he has done as the new head coach.
You mean when Kobe was coaching? They probably will win more without D'Antoni. Not knocking the guy but I think Kobe can lead them better than D'Antoni.

Old 11-23-2012, 10:59 PM   #667
Hound55
Byfar The Most Evil Thing

I think the difference will be negligible anyway.

A lot of people make the mistake of calling D'antoni an "offensive coach".

He's not. He's a players coach. He just lets them get out and play up tempo, which is what most players in the NBA these days want to do anyway, since most came up as raw pure athletes since high school and college who just want to get out there in open court.

16,18, not much difference mentally or physically. It's a number over there. Here however it's the difference between mid life crisis with hot chicks with daddy issues and pound me in the ass prison. - Anubis

More Anubis' greatest hits:
"Families are Gods way of teaching us to get along with people we don't particularly like."
Old 11-23-2012, 11:03 PM   #668
Doc Samson
Superhero Psychiatrist

Quote:
Simply put, the past two games illustrate why Pau Gasol is the most important piece to this whole puzzle working. When he's hesitant, not looking to be aggressive and playing matador defense, it doesn't matter what anybody else on the team does. It seems to just nullify and implode the whole process. He's been way too inconsistent the past 2 seasons to be playing this way already in November.

"I don't give a **** what you say. If I go out there and miss game winners, and people say, 'Kobe choked, or Kobe is seven for whatever in pressure situations,' Well, **** you. Because I don't play for your ******* approval. I play for my own love and enjoyment of the game. And to win. That's what I play for."
- Kobe Bryant

"As of right now, I don't know what he do good, cause what may work on another fighter is not gonna work on me."

- Floyd Mayweather
Old 11-23-2012, 11:10 PM   #669
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

Quote:
I agree but they do. At least be fair about it. You can't breath on certain players without being called for a foul. I seen numerous plays this year when Melo got hammered and nothing was called....yet the next play they call a weak call.
Give me a break. You've been on this tip for the last year and we've already documented how it's ********. Melo gets just as many superstar calls as anyone else.

"When I was in college, I was belittling the woman who later become my wife for not knowing who Boba Fett was, and she responded by asking me if I knew who the Prime Minister of Israel was. Surprisingly? Not Mon Mothma."-BKV
Old 11-23-2012, 11:13 PM   #670
Hound55
Byfar The Most Evil Thing

Actually, I'd have to side with Docker on that one...

'Melo doesn't get anywhere near the kind of calls of your Wade's, Kobe's or Lebron's... hell even your Hardens...

Which stands out quite a bit when really he's probably the most well rounded best offensive player in the NBA (in terms of possessing tools), with possibly only Kobe having an argument to the contrary.

16,18, not much difference mentally or physically. It's a number over there. Here however it's the difference between mid life crisis with hot chicks with daddy issues and pound me in the ass prison. - Anubis

More Anubis' greatest hits:
"Families are Gods way of teaching us to get along with people we don't particularly like."
Old 11-23-2012, 11:23 PM   #671
Anubis
Sup?

The problem with melo is that he's not very enigmatic. He's the Hal Jordan of the NBA.

Old 11-23-2012, 11:26 PM   #672
Doc Samson
Superhero Psychiatrist

Melo gets calls but the way he initiates contact, he could probably stand to get a few more. It's the same thing with D-Rose, I guess it's hard sometimes for the officials because they both like to initiate the contact by jumping into the defense in a much more demonstrative way than most other superstars in the league. So sometimes it can look like they're just bullying and pushing guys out the way, nullifying the effects of the hack they're simultaneously receiving.

"I don't give a **** what you say. If I go out there and miss game winners, and people say, 'Kobe choked, or Kobe is seven for whatever in pressure situations,' Well, **** you. Because I don't play for your ******* approval. I play for my own love and enjoyment of the game. And to win. That's what I play for."
- Kobe Bryant

"As of right now, I don't know what he do good, cause what may work on another fighter is not gonna work on me."

- Floyd Mayweather
Old 11-23-2012, 11:27 PM   #673
Anubis
Sup?

The difference being that Melo is like a freakin' linebacker and Rose is built like George Jefferson.

Old 11-23-2012, 11:32 PM   #674
Doc Samson
Superhero Psychiatrist

True, which makes it even harder for officials to sympathize with Carmelo. Even though D-Rose is far from frail, he's very solid for a pg. He might have the strongest upper body at the position outside of D-Will.

- Kobe Bryant

- Floyd Mayweather
Old 11-24-2012, 12:14 PM   #675
Docker2.0
Watchin' you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
The difference being that Melo is like a freakin' linebacker and Rose is built like George Jefferson.
Are you kidding me!? If Melo is a linebacker, what is LeBron? You can't even blink at him without getting a tech.

Closed Thread