The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Sports

Closed Thread

Old 11-29-2012, 12:28 AM   #751
DoomsdayApex
Ćzrael "Fallen Angel" X.

Default Re: 2012/2013 NBA thread: Your worst Dwightmare!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Samson View Post
Iverson routinely lead the league or was in the top 5 in steals too, it means a player has great anticipation and is a good gambler. Not necessarily a solid defender over the whole perimeter of the court. I think Rondo harasses and bothers defenders much more than CP3 right now. I think injuries have eaten into Paul's game a lot, I actually commend him for still being so effective. He's nowhere as fast or explosive as he used to be.
That I'll concede to. Paul is starting to slow down a bit because of injuries. Like Wade, his speed is being impacted, and he isn't the same type of player he was 2-3 years ago, in my opinion.

Henry Cavill: The Ultimate Man-Crush
(Move on over Tom Hardy)

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Quote:
Oldman: "Wow, this is it."

Nolan: [facetiously] "Yeah. [pause] Unless you want to whore your ass out for a load of money for ‘Batman 4."
Quote:
Nolan: "I've gotta pee. It's a two pee movie. I need to make a shorter movie next time."
Quote:

Nolan: "Oh, it's on. Here Emma, hold my vest."

Last edited by DoomsdayApex; 11-29-2012 at 12:37 AM.
Old 11-29-2012, 12:30 AM   #752
Docker2.0
Watchin' you!

Quote:
And he does that when he sees you playing with no effort. I know it pains you guys to admit this, but just like I said he would, he's dialed back his attempts and shot selection considerably this year.

And the two games he went back to going 1 on 5? The two worst games of the season for Pau (and Dwight) so far. And this happened before he decided to try to win by himself. He watched them stink up the joint the whole first half of both those games before he took it all on himself. He's not going to sit around for the whole second half watching guys play no defense, grab no rebounds, and then try to give them the ball.
Are you really this blind to Kobe?! He took more shots than the starting front line combined but noone calls him out for it, just blame Gasol for it. There can't be a worse teammate than Kobe

"Lets all take a moment to laugh at the Miami Heat.

HAHAHAHA."-ESPN poster James Slattery
Old 11-29-2012, 12:30 AM   #753
Doc Samson
Superhero Psychiatrist

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomsdayApex View Post
That I'll concede to. Paul is starting to slow down a bit because of injuries. Like Wade, his speed is being impacted, and he isn't the same type of player he was 4-5 years ago, in my opinion.
Definitely still effective though, I give him tremendous props for that, considering the skill at that position around the league nowadays.

"I don't give a **** what you say. If I go out there and miss game winners, and people say, 'Kobe choked, or Kobe is seven for whatever in pressure situations,' Well, **** you. Because I don't play for your ******* approval. I play for my own love and enjoyment of the game. And to win. That's what I play for."
- Kobe Bryant

"As of right now, I don't know what he do good, cause what may work on another fighter is not gonna work on me."

- Floyd Mayweather
Old 11-29-2012, 12:31 AM   #754
Doc Samson
Superhero Psychiatrist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docker2.0 View Post
Are you really this blind to Kobe?! He took more shots than the starting front line combined but noone calls him out for it, just blame Gasol for it. There can't be a worse teammate than Kobe
Did you actually watch the whole entire game? He took that many shots AFTER Gasol & Howard struggled the rest of the first half. It's blind to say Gasol didn't get the ball. It's even worse to try to excuse him grabbing less rebounds than Kobe.

"I don't give a **** what you say. If I go out there and miss game winners, and people say, 'Kobe choked, or Kobe is seven for whatever in pressure situations,' Well, **** you. Because I don't play for your ******* approval. I play for my own love and enjoyment of the game. And to win. That's what I play for."
- Kobe Bryant

"As of right now, I don't know what he do good, cause what may work on another fighter is not gonna work on me."

- Floyd Mayweather
Old 11-29-2012, 12:47 AM   #755
DoomsdayApex
Ćzrael "Fallen Angel" X.

Quote:
Definitely still effective though, I give him tremendous props for that, considering the skill at that position around the league nowadays.
Yeah. I hope he continues to play at that level for a couple more years before his injuries start to take over completely.

(Move on over Tom Hardy)

Quote:

Nolan: [facetiously] "Yeah. [pause] Unless you want to whore your ass out for a load of money for ‘Batman 4."
Quote:
Nolan: "I've gotta pee. It's a two pee movie. I need to make a shorter movie next time."
Quote:

Old 11-29-2012, 01:19 AM   #756
Venom'sDad
Reason I Became a Raider

I blame garnett....look more like a flop to me, Humphrey look like he just put a hand on garnett, and garnett flopped to draw the foul, an old veteran move. A melee over a flop.

Old 11-29-2012, 02:28 AM   #757
Mr. Dent
Banned User

What's up with all the Rondo hate? He's emotional about the game but I wouldn't call him a punk...and even though I'm defending him I'm not a fan of his myself.

Old 11-29-2012, 06:10 AM   #758
Hound55
Byfar The Most Evil Thing

Can't believe there's people here who think CP3 is a better defender than Rondo.

16,18, not much difference mentally or physically. It's a number over there. Here however it's the difference between mid life crisis with hot chicks with daddy issues and pound me in the ass prison. - Anubis

More Anubis' greatest hits:
"Families are Gods way of teaching us to get along with people we don't particularly like."
Old 11-29-2012, 06:39 AM   #759
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
What's up with all the Rondo hate? He's emotional about the game but I wouldn't call him a punk...and even though I'm defending him I'm not a fan of his myself.
There's emotional and there's being an *******. He's an *******.

"When I was in college, I was belittling the woman who later become my wife for not knowing who Boba Fett was, and she responded by asking me if I knew who the Prime Minister of Israel was. Surprisingly? Not Mon Mothma."-BKV
Old 11-29-2012, 10:36 AM   #760
L.A.
Side-Kick

I had this dream the lakers traded Gasol to the blazers for batum and Hickson lol

Old 11-29-2012, 11:18 AM   #761
JaD
Thriller Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hound55 View Post
Can't believe there's people here who think CP3 is a better defender than Rondo.
There's people who still believe the Earth is flat so I've heard crazier.

"Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today."
James Dean
Old 11-29-2012, 11:51 AM   #762
DoomsdayApex
Ćzrael "Fallen Angel" X.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaD View Post
There's people who still believe the Earth is flat so I've heard crazier.
Soooo... the justification of CP3 being labeled as the best Point Guard in the league (by fans and players alike in numerous polls) is synonymous with those who were cretinous during the Middle Ages?

Whatever gets you to sleep at night, Christopher Colombus.

(Move on over Tom Hardy)

Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

Old 11-29-2012, 11:57 AM   #763
Docker2.0
Watchin' you!

Quote:
Soooo... the justification of CP3 being labeled as the best Point Guard in the league (by fans and players alike in numerous polls) is synonymous with those who were cretinous during the Middle Ages?

Nobody is saying Rondo is a better pg than Paul(though in my opinion he is)but for you to say Paul is a better defender than Rondo either is flat out hatred of Rondo or sheer blindness. It's not even close.

"Lets all take a moment to laugh at the Miami Heat.

HAHAHAHA."-ESPN poster James Slattery
Old 11-29-2012, 12:01 PM   #764
Poeman
Banned User

Chris Paul is the better overall player...Rondo has better passing, Paul make up for it on awareness, offense, and it close with him on defense.

Not to mention Paul is a better leader

Old 11-29-2012, 12:10 PM   #765
DoomsdayApex
Ćzrael "Fallen Angel" X.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docker2.0 View Post
Nobody is saying Rondo is a better pg than Paul(though in my opinion he is)but for you to say Paul is a better defender than Rondo either is flat out hatred of Rondo or sheer blindness. It's not even close.
Paul is the higher quality defender. It has nothing to do with sheer 'hate'. What some fans may call 'gambling', others consider great anticipation. CP3 had the 4th best PER (12.8) of any Point Guard in the NBA, and that's not even factoring in his steals.

(Move on over Tom Hardy)

Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

Old 11-29-2012, 01:07 PM   #766
SpideyVille
Walking out the Desert

Quote:
As for Brooklyn, I think The Nets are for real. Deron Williams, Joe Johnson, Brook Lopez and Kris Humphries are meshing incredibly well, and are the team to beat from NY, at the moment.
The thing that kinda worries me about the Nets is that from up close, they don't look too different in terms of starters, aside from the addition of Johnson, whereas with the absence of Amar'e, the Knicks have played both Felton and Kidd, which I think is a big step up from Fields and Lin. But the big key for the Nets has been their bench, especially Stackhouse, who is just lighting it up from beyond the arc, not to mention key efforts from Evans, Bogans and Blatche.

But for me, the reason why I'd say the Knicks are better is because they still have Amar'e and Shumpert out, who both can either mess up the chemistry, or add more depth to another good bench which includes their own sharpshooter, Novak, along with Wallace and an up and coming Prigioni. And even though they lost against the Nets, I think had Kidd been on the floor and Felton didn't decide to throw the game away during an already poor shooting night, then I think the Knicks would have came out on top.

Old 11-29-2012, 01:16 PM   #767
Raiden
What a bunch of...

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.A. View Post
Cp3 is a great defender for his size. All NBA defensive team last year and led the league in steals. A savvy defender with heart and great instincts.

Finally we snap our 4 game losing streak. Thank God billups back.
I like Billup, but I'd rather have Bledsoe starting instead.

"I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not." - Captain America
Old 11-29-2012, 01:51 PM   #768
JaD
Thriller Night

Quote:

at being called a Christopher Colombus, that guy's a douche.

I’m not sure if you’re Chris Paul’s agent or not but I wasn’t really being serious there. I was actually just making a crack about an article I read on here where people still think the Earth is flat. And I was mostly referring to defense. It’s more than just how many steals you can get which is what Chris Paul is known for on the defensive end, but he’s also known for flopping all over the place if he takes any contact whatsoever. Strength does play a pretty large role with defense, even for a point guard in case he’s caught having to guard a 2 if they’re dealing with a “point forward” being on the floor or something.

But anyways I’d personally take Chris Paul over Rondo in the overall category. I think if you add Chris Paul’s leadership, shot, & pick-pocketing skills, D-Rose’s speed with/without the ball & explosiveness, Rondo’s court awareness/passing & defense, and maybe Iman Shumpert’s haircut, you’d have the perfect point guard.

James Dean
Old 11-29-2012, 02:55 PM   #769
DoomsdayApex
Ćzrael "Fallen Angel" X.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyVille View Post
The thing that kinda worries me about the Nets is that from up close, they don't look too different in terms of starters, aside from the addition of Johnson, whereas with the absence of Amar'e, the Knicks have played both Felton and Kidd, which I think is a big step up from Fields and Lin. But the big key for the Nets has been their bench, especially Stackhouse, who is just lighting it up from beyond the arc, not to mention key efforts from Evans, Bogans and Blatche.
I have similar concerns myself about this team. The bench for The Nets is undoubtedly a strength, and it's an ample reason why Brooklyn is finding success thus far in the season. However, I believe The Nets are also a very gritty team on defense (inside the post). I'm not sold on them being a playoff team yet, but I'm fairly confident in Brooklyn slightly being the stronger team in New York (until proven otherwise).

Quote:
But for me, the reason why I'd say the Knicks are better is because they still have Amar'e and Shumpert out, who both can either mess up the chemistry, or add more depth to another good bench which includes their own sharpshooter, Novak, along with Wallace and an up and coming Prigioni. And even though they lost against the Nets, I think had Kidd been on the floor and Felton didn't decide to throw the game away during an already poor shooting night, then I think the Knicks would have came out on top.
I got a bad feeling about Amar'e. Shumpert, not so much. Stoudemire, I fear, could be a liability for The Knicks in the long run. He's getting older and his defense has always been suspect (and its only declining as we speak). New York should trade him as soon as possible, in my opinion. Then again, you never know. A trial is in order to see what type of support Stoudemire could produce.

I sort of disagree, but we'll find out when Rounds 2, 3, and 4 come around in December and January.

(Move on over Tom Hardy)

Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

Old 11-29-2012, 03:15 PM   #770
DoomsdayApex
Ćzrael "Fallen Angel" X.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaD View Post
at being called a Christopher Colombus, that guy's a douche.
Had he possessed a speed boat, he wouldn't have been one. The ocean is a harsh mistress.

Quote:
I’m not sure if you’re Chris Paul’s agent or not but I wasn’t really being serious there. I was actually just making a crack about an article I read on here where people still think the Earth is flat. And I was mostly referring to defense. It’s more than just how many steals you can get which is what Chris Paul is known for on the defensive end, but he’s also known for flopping all over the place if he takes any contact whatsoever. Strength does play a pretty large role with defense, even for a point guard in case he’s caught having to guard a 2 if they’re dealing with a “point forward” being on the floor or something.
That's the thing though. Alot of fans just think that Paul is all steals as a defensive player but I don't see how CP3 is all about one form of defense. He's very capable in causing more than just turnovers. Sure, Chris isn't Wade (perhaps the best blocking PG in the league) or Rose (who is the best defensive PG right now) but his awareness is what makes him a disruptive force in the passing lanes.

Yeah, he tends to flop and he's not that powerful, but it's his speed and awareness that makes his style of defensive dynamic.

Quote:
But anyways I’d personally take Chris Paul over Rondo in the overall category. I think if you add Chris Paul’s leadership, shot, & pick-pocketing skills, D-Rose’s speed with/without the ball & explosiveness, Rondo’s court awareness/passing & defense, and maybe Iman Shumpert’s haircut, you’d have the perfect point guard.

If only there were a point guard out there with all of those attributes.

(Move on over Tom Hardy)

Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

Old 11-29-2012, 03:58 PM   #771
Hound55

There's an increasing number of guys that he can't guard though, these days.

It's like looking at Jason Kidd. If Jason Kidd can actually stay in front of you, if you don't have too much speed to be able to consistently burn him (or in Russell Westbrook's case, if you're too much of a headcase to pick and choose your spots) then Jason Kidd is still one of the best defenders in the league... the problem is, that the number of guys he can stay in front of are diminishing to the point where you can't in good conscience call him one of the best defenders despite making the right reads, fighting through picks and playing D properly.

Paul is kind of like that, but doesn't have the size to cover 2s or bigger point guards who use their size properly at the same time. The number of quick guys who Chris Paul can't stay with are growing (because of wear and tear) and he doesn't have the size to be able to guard bigger guys unless they don't use their size properly. Hell, Pat Mills gave him fits at the Worlds and that was just when the wear and tear was starting to show.

There's too many guys that Paul can't guard for me to say he's a better defender than Rondo, and when Paul gets a mismatch it just descends into an offensive frenzy of guys trying to make sure they get it done on their end (like with Nash).

I love CP3, think he's the better player overall, would definitely pick him over Rondo, but I know he's not a better defender than him. Not by a long shot.

16,18, not much difference mentally or physically. It's a number over there. Here however it's the difference between mid life crisis with hot chicks with daddy issues and pound me in the ass prison. - Anubis

"Families are Gods way of teaching us to get along with people we don't particularly like."
Old 11-29-2012, 04:05 PM   #772
Hound55

I honestly think CP3 has better awareness and passing than Rondo as well. Rondo just has an incredible focus towards a draw and give game. CP3 tends to make better basketball decisions. The guy was well trained technically from a point guard's point of view. He seldom pushes too far on the break, he doesn't over-penetrate. You can see his vision and he's playing the game clinically and properly since he looks to make the read where it needs to occur.

Rondo is a pretty limited guy offensively, he's penetrating with the look to pass and he reads to get his shot off if the defence doesn't respond how he'd like. Paul's more the pure point, generally, has a better shot as well.

Rondo might have the best strongest drive (motivation-wise... hell, maybe both kinds, heh) in the NBA to play his kind of game though. He hunts assists and chases the stat maybe more than any point guard ever though.

Old 11-29-2012, 04:06 PM   #773
Nightmare
"Kill Them All"

Can't believe poppovich is pulling most of his stars for 'rest' vs the heat tonight. How pissed do you think tnt are?!

"After they killed me, I became something much, much worse. The stuff nightmares are made of. The children still feared me, and their fear gave me the power to invade their dreams, and that's when the fun REALLY began"
Old 11-29-2012, 04:36 PM   #774
Trainwreck2100
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
Can't believe poppovich is pulling most of his stars for 'rest' vs the heat tonight. How pissed do you think tnt are?!
he sent them home on southwest airlines. Pretty much a middle finger to the league for putting them in a back to back against the Heat to close out a six game road trip.

Old 11-29-2012, 04:54 PM   #775
JaD
Thriller Night

I remember the first game of the season, Rondo pulling a bit of a punk foul on Dwyane Wade in the end when the game was over, and Wade looked like he wanted to crack him with the ball directly after. Rondo got in his face afterwards looking for some attention. Then now he acted like he shoved Humphries to get him out of his way to help KG up, it’s like I would’ve done exactly what Kris did, if not a little worse ha. He’s just a straight-up punk. How some people are with LBJ and that they hate him or whatever but respect his game, Rondo’s #’s are amazing at times but I can’t stand him and his b******t. He’s the kind of guy that makes me say stuff like “I wish this m*********er would say something to me today.” Ha

I wish Doc would be more disciplined on him instead of acting like this or that wasn’t as bad as it looked or defending him in public every time he messes up. I mean, did Kris even foul him that hard? I’m confused, it didn’t look like anything at all. I’m surprised KG wasn’t tossed since he gave Wallace some pretty hard shoves.

James Dean
Closed Thread