Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Sports

Closed Thread

Old 12-06-2012, 10:16 PM   #951
Poeman
Banned User

Default Re: 2012/2013 NBA thread: Wizards and Warriors

Stephen repenting:

@stephenasmith
I honestly cannot believe my eyes. The Knicks have BLOWN OUT the Heat. It's 3:47 left and the building is clearing. I have been awakened.

@stephenasmith
The Knicks are officially a joke NO MORE. They have put the World Champions on notice. As well as the rest of us. The Knicks are coming!

Old 12-06-2012, 10:19 PM   #952
SpideyVille
Walking out the Desert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docker2.0 View Post
Did you hear him on the radio today? He was killing the Knicks and saying they had no chance tonight, even with Melo, basically mocking them. Now I'm sure he's going to say he had there back. Also, did I hear wrong? Were there more Knick fans than there were Heat fans IN Miami?
I usually watch him on First Take with Skip Bayless, and after the Heat lost to the Wizards the other day, instead of saying talking about the Heat losing, he was ranting about how the loss was more about the Knicks than anything. I didn't really follow his logic, but apparently he was saying that the Heat were more focused on the Knicks while they were playing the Wizards.

And I think there appeared to be more Knicks fans because all of the Heat fans left halfway into the fourth quarter.

Old 12-06-2012, 10:22 PM   #953
SpideyVille
Walking out the Desert

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apocalypse View Post
Yeah I was at working listening to it. I like the guy a lot but he's hella hard on the Knicks. He claims he's a fan but its like he wants them to lose.
I kinda feel like he sums up how most Knicks fans feel in terms of being let down so much in recent years that their play now seems like it might be a tease that will end wither with an embarrassing collapse before or during the playoffs.

I must say though, I'm impressed to see that the Knicks are on top in the East.

Old 12-06-2012, 10:25 PM   #954
Poeman
Banned User

The Scoreboard Belt...TBS has a quick crew

Old 12-06-2012, 10:28 PM   #955
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkingDeadMike View Post
They've shown an incredible ability to win regular season games before Christmas so far.

"When I was in college, I was belittling the woman who later become my wife for not knowing who Boba Fett was, and she responded by asking me if I knew who the Prime Minister of Israel was. Surprisingly? Not Mon Mothma."-BKV
Old 12-06-2012, 11:07 PM   #956
runawayboulder
#TheFappening

I happy as hell that they've blown out the Heat twice. I'm hoping these 2 are on a collision course to the ECF.....but May is a looooooooooong ways away kiddies. They're too old a team to not be worried about their overall health come Feb/March.

Shump returning is gonna help a great deal and they still have to figure out the Stat thing despite him being another healthy body. Enjoy this one tonight but I'm not forgetting about the big picture.

Old 12-06-2012, 11:09 PM   #957
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

A Knicks fan with some common sense? I've seen everything Kudos to you sir.

"When I was in college, I was belittling the woman who later become my wife for not knowing who Boba Fett was, and she responded by asking me if I knew who the Prime Minister of Israel was. Surprisingly? Not Mon Mothma."-BKV
Old 12-06-2012, 11:13 PM   #958
Poeman
Banned User

ugh yeah, but they still beat them with out their best player (melo), most athletic/best perimeter defender (Shump), and highest paid other star player (amare)

Give credit where its due and this is not a small sample size...It starts with Woodson, man is a damn good coach

Old 12-06-2012, 11:17 PM   #959
The Apocalypse
Pokeballin'

They also took 44 three pointers. Not a big fan of that statistic.

Old 12-06-2012, 11:20 PM   #960
SpideyVille
Walking out the Desert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poeman View Post
ugh yeah, but they still beat them with out their best player (melo), most athletic/best perimeter defender (Shump), and highest paid other star player (amare)

Give credit where its due and this is not a small sample size...It starts with Woodson, man is a damn good coach
The guy is the best thing to happen to the Knicks in these past few years. He's 32-10 in the regular season. That's including the mess of a team that they put out at the end of last season.

Old 12-06-2012, 11:22 PM   #961
SpideyVille
Walking out the Desert

Quote:
Like the saying goes .. Live by the Three, Die by the Three. It worked for them tonight, but the real concern is what else do they have when that doesn't work.

Old 12-06-2012, 11:28 PM   #962
Docker2.0
Watchin' you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyVille View Post
The guy is the best thing to happen to the Knicks in these past few years. He's 32-10 in the regular season. That's including the mess of a team that they put out at the end of last season.
Agreed! I honestly believe when Stat comes back, he can make it work. It was just that freakin Dantoni! I honestly want Stat to start when he gets back.

"Which free agent (not counting LeBron) are you most interested to see with his new team? Why?

"Joey Crawford, From the Heat to the Cavs"

- AJ Walkin- ESPN Poster
Old 12-07-2012, 12:25 AM   #963
Doc Samson
Superhero Psychiatrist

I think there's something to be said for pure, unadulterated, hunger. I have no doubt Lebron desires to win as much as possible, but I question the rest of that team.

There's something to be said about longevity too. And Wade, physically, is just crumbling to pieces. I thought it would happen around 30, but not quite this sudden. He seems to only be good for a quarter now, maybe a half with some days off, but like I always say, don't talk to me about what players do in their 20's. True greatness is what happens when your not faster than everybody anymore, when you can't leap over people with ease. The great ones figure it out, Wade needs to start. ASAP...

"I don't give a **** what you say. If I go out there and miss game winners, and people say, 'Kobe choked, or Kobe is seven for whatever in pressure situations,' Well, **** you. Because I don't play for your ******* approval. I play for my own love and enjoyment of the game. And to win. That's what I play for."
- Kobe Bryant

"As of right now, I don't know what he do good, cause what may work on another fighter is not gonna work on me."

- Floyd Mayweather
Old 12-07-2012, 07:57 AM   #964
runawayboulder
#TheFappening

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docker2.0 View Post
Agreed! I honestly believe when Stat comes back, he can make it work. It was just that freakin Dantoni! I honestly want Stat to start when he gets back.
I like D'Antoni but after seeing his work with the Knicks and what's going on now with the Lakers, it's hard to defend that guy and his system.

Old 12-07-2012, 08:17 AM   #965
Docker2.0
Watchin' you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by runawayboulder View Post
I like D'Antoni but after seeing his work with the Knicks and what's going on now with the Lakers, it's hard to defend that guy and his system.
And I keep throwing this out there but what has this guy done to disrespect Pau Gasol by saying he doesnt fit in? He's nothing without Nash. We will see if Nash can carry him this time.

"Which free agent (not counting LeBron) are you most interested to see with his new team? Why?

- AJ Walkin- ESPN Poster
Old 12-07-2012, 09:52 AM   #966
SpideyVille
Walking out the Desert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Samson View Post
I think there's something to be said for pure, unadulterated, hunger. I have no doubt Lebron desires to win as much as possible, but I question the rest of that team.

There's something to be said about longevity too. And Wade, physically, is just crumbling to pieces. I thought it would happen around 30, but not quite this sudden. He seems to only be good for a quarter now, maybe a half with some days off, but like I always say, don't talk to me about what players do in their 20's. True greatness is what happens when your not faster than everybody anymore, when you can't leap over people with ease. The great ones figure it out, Wade needs to start. ASAP...
It's funny because Barkley was talking about how Wade hasn't looked the same and he was saying it was because he remembers someone telling him years ago that if Wade keeps getting hit hard and falls down all the time, then its only a matter of time that all that contact will take a toll. I kinda agree, but in the game against the Nets, he really did bring it in the second half and was part of the reason why the Nets fell on their face in that game because they couldn't keep up.

Old 12-07-2012, 10:13 AM   #967
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

Its obvious that Wade's game needs to evolve. He can't be that guy who drives into the lane getting rocked every play.

Old 12-07-2012, 10:35 AM   #968
BatSpider
Not an S

Quote:
You would too if your ball movement was top notch and someone is wide

Old 12-07-2012, 11:17 PM   #969
Doc Samson
Superhero Psychiatrist

Fantastic Duhon & Meeks decided to show up in the 4th, perhaps a little more play like that in the first half, and the hole wouldn't be so deep. Good effort though, for whatever small timeframe the whole team decided to put one forth...

"I don't give a **** what you say. If I go out there and miss game winners, and people say, 'Kobe choked, or Kobe is seven for whatever in pressure situations,' Well, **** you. Because I don't play for your ******* approval. I play for my own love and enjoyment of the game. And to win. That's what I play for."
- Kobe Bryant

"As of right now, I don't know what he do good, cause what may work on another fighter is not gonna work on me."

- Floyd Mayweather
Old 12-07-2012, 11:49 PM   #970
Docker2.0
Watchin' you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Samson View Post
Fantastic Duhon & Meeks decided to show up in the 4th, perhaps a little more play like that in the first half, and the hole wouldn't be so deep. Good effort though, for whatever small timeframe the whole team decided to put one forth...
Still looking for someone to blame but that guy huh? One thing for sure though is they can't blame Gasol.

- AJ Walkin- ESPN Poster
Old 12-08-2012, 12:17 AM   #971
TheGuy
Side-Kick

I've got a feeling that Kobe will have his most efficient season of his career. He can keep it up, especially under D'Antoni.

Old 12-08-2012, 01:19 AM   #972
Docker2.0
Watchin' you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by comics View Post
I've got a feeling that Kobe will have his most efficient season of his career. He can keep it up, especially under D'Antoni.
Have you seen the Lakers record when Kobe scores? It's not pretty. This team is like Kobe's old girl from Denver, defenseless.

- AJ Walkin- ESPN Poster
Old 12-08-2012, 09:00 PM   #973
WalkingDeadMike
#KNICKSTAPE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthphere View Post
They've shown an incredible ability to win regular season games before Christmas so far.
Well, yeah. And we're almost a quarter of the way through the season. Will you at least admit they are a legitimate threat in the East (if they can stay healthy)? That's all I want from you.

Honestly, I think the Nets are the biggest threat for both the Heat and the Knicks. If Lopez is healthy during the playoffs, I think they could beat either team in a 7 game series.

Old 12-08-2012, 09:10 PM   #974
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkingDeadMike View Post
Well, yeah. And we're almost a quarter of the way through the season. Will you at least admit they are a legitimate threat in the East (if they can stay healthy)? That's all I want from you.

Honestly, I think the Nets are the biggest threat for both the Heat and the Knicks. If Lopez is healthy during the playoffs, I think they could beat either team in a 7 game series.
Nope.

Old 12-08-2012, 09:19 PM   #975
WalkingDeadMike
#KNICKSTAPE

In your mind is there a legitimate threat in the East?

Closed Thread