The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Sports

Closed Thread

Old 08-26-2012, 07:41 PM   #76
TheGuy
Side-Kick

Default Re: 2012/2013 NBA thread: Your worst Dwightmare!

Guess so. I've heard rumors once before that he'll be back February next year. Not sure if true, but it'll take months before his back in top shape. And he might lose explosiveness once it's healed.

Old 08-26-2012, 08:13 PM   #77
Warhammer
Half Monk, Half Hitman

Wow, that is unfortunate. I didn't know he was going to be out for that long. Well, I guess I can predict a Heat/Celtics Eastern Conference Final if everyone remains healthy.

Old 08-26-2012, 10:51 PM   #78
Docker2.0
Watchin' you!

LOL! You guys are counting the Knicks out. I love it! Trust me, they will be a top 3 team in the East. I dare to say be even better than Boston. I'm calling it!

"Which free agent (not counting LeBron) are you most interested to see with his new team? Why?

"Joey Crawford, From the Heat to the Cavs"

- AJ Walkin- ESPN Poster
Old 08-26-2012, 11:06 PM   #79
Anubis
Sup?

Or they'll implode again.

Crap shoot with the Knicks really.

H.E.
Old 08-26-2012, 11:14 PM   #80
Warhammer
Half Monk, Half Hitman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docker2.0 View Post
LOL! You guys are counting the Knicks out. I love it! Trust me, they will be a top 3 team in the East. I dare to say be even better than Boston. I'm calling it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
Or they'll implode again.

Crap shoot with the Knicks really.
I hate to root against you Docker, but Anubis has a point. Knicks are unpredictable. They can be good, but will they?

Old 08-26-2012, 11:47 PM   #81
TheGuy
Side-Kick

Don't count Philly and Pacers out. East has gotten very deep.

Heat
Bulls
Boston
Pacers
Philly
Knicks

Last edited by TheGuy; 08-27-2012 at 05:44 AM.
Old 08-26-2012, 11:59 PM   #82
Anubis
Sup?

I love the Bulls, but I don't see them doing much of anything this year. Not until Rose gets back to full health and they do something about that gaping hole at the 2.

I think they shoulda took the chance and went for Brandon Roy.....I got a feeling he's gonna be the come back player of the year thanks to selling his marriage to German Satan or whatevs.

H.E.
Old 08-27-2012, 02:43 AM   #83
Trainwreck2100
Side-Kick

Philly has the best center in the East, that will easily make them top 4

Old 08-27-2012, 02:44 AM   #84
The Apocalypse
Pokeballin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trainwreck2100 View Post
Philly has the best center in the East, that will easily make them top 4
Depending on the nights Bynum feels like trying.

Old 08-27-2012, 12:44 PM   #85
Dr. Evil
Gamora

The Kings are in the news again.

My MCU Rankings: 1. The Avengers- 9/10, 2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 9/10, 3. Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10 , 4. Iron Man- 8.5/10, 5. Captain America: The First Avenger- 8/10, 6. Thor- 8/10, 7. Iron Man 2- 7.5/10, 8. Thor: The Dark World- 7/10, 9. Iron Man 3- 7/10, 10. The Incredible Hulk- 6/10
Old 08-27-2012, 02:01 PM   #86
mjbull23
Beyond Good and Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by steintym View Post
Unfortunately, the Bulls aren't going scare anyone this upcoming year. Rose might play next year, but I'm guessing he won't really back until the following year.
Completely agree. Even if DRose returns in March it's still gonna be another 5-6 months after that before he's fully back.

Old 08-27-2012, 06:45 PM   #87
kaypain
Side-Kick

Great Video on Lebron's Journey so far, from High School, To Cleveland, To Miami and the finals. I loved the way he put the Dark Knight Theme in it, perfection!

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 08-27-2012, 09:39 PM   #88
Poeman
Banned User

nice video, not a fan of the music with lebron lol

Old 08-28-2012, 01:41 AM   #89
Doc Samson
Superhero Psychiatrist

Even with D-Rose at 100%, Chicago needs another scorer/creator, which Rip isn't. He still needs to be set up with screens or dribble penetration.

That injury Rose had in the playoffs was a long time coming, accumulated over the past couple years. Me and a few others predicted as much right here. His style of play is so explosive & frenetic that he just can't keep doing that and have a long career.

Said it before, say it again, he reminds me of a stronger Allen Iverson. And just like A.I., he's saddled with a team that demands way too much of him. He's gonna have to trust his jumper a lot more, especially now, but I just don't think that's in his DNA. It's why he's great to watch and root for, but also why I'm afraid he may not last if he doesn't get offensive help soon...

"I don't give a **** what you say. If I go out there and miss game winners, and people say, 'Kobe choked, or Kobe is seven for whatever in pressure situations,' Well, **** you. Because I don't play for your ******* approval. I play for my own love and enjoyment of the game. And to win. That's what I play for."
- Kobe Bryant

"As of right now, I don't know what he do good, cause what may work on another fighter is not gonna work on me."

- Floyd Mayweather
Old 08-28-2012, 01:55 AM   #90
Raiden
Hunk of Junk Soars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Samson View Post
Even with D-Rose at 100%, Chicago needs another scorer/creator, which Rip isn't. He still needs to be set up with screens or dribble penetration.

That injury Rose had in the playoffs was a long time coming, accumulated over the past couple years. Me and a few others predicted as much right here. His style of play is so explosive & frenetic that he just can't keep doing that and have a long career.

Said it before, say it again, he reminds me of a stronger Allen Iverson. And just like A.I., he's saddled with a team that demands way too much of him. He's gonna have to trust his jumper a lot more, especially now, but I just don't think that's in his DNA. It's why he's great to watch and root for, but also why I'm afraid he may not last if he doesn't get offensive help soon...
Personally, if I were the owner of the Bulls, I'd trade him if I can't find good enough talents to surround Rose with. The team, as it is currently constructed, will never be good enough to win a NBA title, and if that's the case, shouldn't they start thinking Plan B? Or are they contend to let Miami keep winning the ECF from now on?

"I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not." - Captain America
Old 08-28-2012, 11:35 AM   #91
Docker2.0
Watchin' you!

The Bulls battled the Heat and lost in their first year under TT, which is why for the life of me, I don't understand why they blew up their team this summer. It was their first time playing the Heat so who knows how it would have went this year if they were healthy. They just seem to quit for some reason. And despite them giving away some of their best role players, they have yet to amnesty Boozer, which would make the most sense and give the starting job to Taj Gibson. But who knows, maybe there's next year.

"Which free agent (not counting LeBron) are you most interested to see with his new team? Why?

- AJ Walkin- ESPN Poster
Old 08-28-2012, 12:49 PM   #92
Anubis
Sup?

I'd see if I could trade his ass before I'd think about Amnesty.

H.E.
Old 08-28-2012, 04:35 PM   #93
Docker2.0
Watchin' you!

Good Luck with that! No one will take Boozer and his contract. I don't understand how the freak he got anyone to be crazy enough to give him that kind of money. I thought even in Utah, Deron Williams made him look good.

- AJ Walkin- ESPN Poster
Old 08-28-2012, 04:40 PM   #94
runawayboulder
#TheFappening

I don't get all this trade talk for Rose. Let the guy make his comeback and see if he can change his game. Give the dude a chance. This all seems silly to me.

Old 08-29-2012, 08:19 AM   #95
mjbull23
Beyond Good and Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Samson View Post

Agree on all points. Unfortunately no major roster addition will get done this year due to them being so capped out with Boozers huge contract.

Next Summer Boozer will be a free agent and the Bulls are gonna let him walk and make a push for a top tier scorer to help Rose out.

Old 08-29-2012, 08:46 AM   #96
TheGuy
Side-Kick

Boozer's funny.

Old 08-29-2012, 07:50 PM   #97
Genesis 1.0
Thread Overlord's Minion

Guy was a damn good player in Utah, it's like he completely regressed once he got that contract; no fire, no real drive to be THAT guy. He's shown nothing but as soon as he hits the market, someone is going to hand him another huge contract because he's still got that skill set, that potential to be a #2 option on nearly any NBA team. Chicago was just a bad fit for him.

He IS from Duke, maybe they could pair him up with Gerald Henderson.

The Baltimore Ravens:
Stab N' Grab World Champions

"What is Dead may never Die."
Old 08-29-2012, 07:54 PM   #98
Anubis
Sup?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docker2.0 View Post
Good Luck with that! No one will take Boozer and his contract. I don't understand how the freak he got anyone to be crazy enough to give him that kind of money. I thought even in Utah, Deron Williams made him look good.

I don't know, they managed to find somebody to take that Joe Johnson contract. Plus he got that money cuz he was the only other option besides Bosh. (Who already knew where he was going before he even was a free agent.) It's good to be #2. You can end up getting way more than you're worth simply by being the best left over.

H.E.
Old 09-18-2012, 01:28 PM   #99
Docker2.0
Watchin' you!

Bump

What happened to this thread? Knicks had an early camp so I'm really stoked for this season! Plus 2K comes out in 2 weeks, can't wait!!

- AJ Walkin- ESPN Poster
Old 09-28-2012, 02:12 AM   #100
JaD
Thriller Night

^ I could be mistaken, but I believe football just started

Anyways, looks like flopping may actually start getting penalized now. Interesting to see how this goes. I know Manu Ginobili and James Harden must be sliding all over the place to this news.

Quote:
NBA set to penalize players for flopping

ELIZABETH, N.J. (AP) -- The NBA is about to act in hopes of stopping the floppers.

Spokesman Tim Frank said Thursday the league is finalizing procedures to deal with flopping, the art of falling down when little or no contact was made in an effort to trick referees into calling a foul.

Frank said the competition committee met two weeks ago and discussed plans that would go in place this season. Commissioner David Stern believes too many players are deceiving referees by flopping and has been seeking a way to properly penalize them.

The procedures will likely involve a postgame review of the play by the league office, rather than an official calling an infraction during the game, Frank said. Players would likely be fined if the league determined they flopped.

The proposed plan mirrors a "postgame analysis" option Stern discussed after the competition committee met in June. The league already retroactively reviews flagrant fouls to determine if they need to be upgraded or downgraded.

"If you continue to do this, you may you have to suffer some consequences," Stern said about flopping during the NBA Finals. "What those exactly should be and what the progression is, is to be decided, because ... we just want to put a stake in the ground that says this is not something that we want to be part of our game, without coming down with a sledgehammer but just doing it in a minimalist way to begin stamping it out. And I think there are ways we can do that and we'll have to wait and see exactly what we come up with."

The league's 62-person referee staff is holding its training camp, its first under the leadership of former NBA player and longtime league executive Mike Bantom. Bantom replaced Gen. Ron Johnson as executive vice president of referee operations earlier this month.

"I think one of the things that I'd just like to focus on is I think there's a perception out there that kind of throws into question sometimes the competence of our officials and even the integrity of them at times, and I think that that's not true to begin with and unfair, and I want to try and change that perception," said Bantom, who had been the league's senior vice president of player development since 1999.
http://www.nba.com/2012/news/09/27/n...s=iref:nbahpt2

"Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today."
James Dean
Closed Thread