View Poll Results: GL & Flash pairing
Hal & Barry 37 50.00%
John & Wally 37 50.00%
A different GL or Flash 0 0%
Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-04-2012, 04:27 PM   #551
Sun_Down
Groovy

Default Re: How would you feel about John Stewart amd Wally West instead of Hal and Barry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom'sDad View Post
I think the choice between Hal & Jon is settled isn't....Hal's coming back got GL2.
Have we really heard anything definite on GL 2? I don't think there's anything really in development at this point.

Old 11-04-2012, 07:01 PM   #552
Panthro
Catman Begins

Default Re: How would you feel about John Stewart amd Wally West instead of Hal and Barry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun_Down View Post
Have we really heard anything definite on GL 2? I don't think there's anything really in development at this point.
I haven't heard of any GL cinematic sequel rumblings. I figured we'd just have to wait and see how the Justice League film performs - if it actually gets made and released by the designated date.

New 52 Flash SUCKS
Panthro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 07:07 PM   #553
Brother Jack
Onion Knight

I would much prefer Jon Stewart.

For you they call, the swaying mass, their eager faces turning.
Brother Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 11:34 PM   #554
brainchild81
Fighting crime...

Ditto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Llama_Shepherd View Post
No, it was while he was in symbiosis, for about 5 pages, with The Trespasser. Literally the Life Force of the universe, same thing as Phoenix. Except Jean actually IS the Phoenix, and the Phoenix is Jean. Hal only had help, with an added side effect.

Also they say at the end of the story that eventually Nekron will win. Which of course he will, he is as powerful as God (the DCU character) and all life is basically an accident. Nekron is basically the DCU explanation of entropy, his victory is inevitable.

The Phoenix/Jean, however, cannot die, is the life force of the Marvel Universe, exists across all of space-time and can create and can destroy matter as she pleases. So, is, in short, omnipotent. All Hal did was prevent the early death of the universe, leaving the Vanishing Point to try and help everyone. Which eventually they do.
Sounds like everything I said about it was right then.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom'sDad View Post
I think the choice between Hal & Jon is settled isn't....Hal's coming back got GL2.
Unlikely at this point. We might not see another GL solo film for a very long time after the 1st one failed so hard
Quote:
Good point, sorry for the derailment.

On the Wally/Barry issue, one of the things I really liked about the Justice League: Mortal script was the use of both Barry and Wally (Barry dying and Wally taking over - "Tag, you're it.").

While that may be a bit ambitious to fit into one film, maybe they could stretch it out over two? They could introduce Wally as a character in JL1 and have him take over the Flash mantle in JL2 or something. The legacy angle is something that could be really cool on screen, if handled well.
Was Wally a kid sidekick in that script?

Last edited by brainchild81; 11-04-2012 at 11:54 PM.
brainchild81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 06:08 AM   #555
Llama_Shepherd
World's Finest

Quote:
Originally Posted by brainchild81 View Post
Sounds like everything I said about it was right then.
You're not.

Llama_Shepherd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 11:22 AM   #556
Sun_Down
Groovy

Quote:
Was Wally a kid sidekick in that script?
In a sense. I've only read parts of the script, but he's basically there to give Barry some depth as a character via the uncle/nephew dynamic, provide some assistance to the League (I think he was a computer wiz) and eventually take over the Flash mantle. He doesn't suit up until Barry sacrifices himself, but I believe we're aware of his speed the whole time. He's not dressed in the yellow Kid Flash costume or anything, though (a good thing, IMO).

Old 11-05-2012, 08:29 PM   #557
Doc Ock
1951-2014

I love John Stewart, probably my favorite main GL. I wouldn't mind seeing him over Hal, but Hal probably needs more time in movies first. But Barry should definitely come before Wally.

Old 11-13-2012, 08:39 PM   #558
brainchild81
Fighting crime...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llama_Shepherd View Post
You're not.
I usually am. I guess we're gonna have to agree to disagree. If I ever come across it and have the time I'll give it a look.
Quote:
In a sense. I've only read parts of the script, but he's basically there to give Barry some depth as a character via the uncle/nephew dynamic, provide some assistance to the League (I think he was a computer wiz) and eventually take over the Flash mantle. He doesn't suit up until Barry sacrifices himself, but I believe we're aware of his speed the whole time. He's not dressed in the yellow Kid Flash costume or anything, though (a good thing, IMO).
I don't think the teen sidekick thing will work. If they can somehow pull it off I'll be very impressed. I wouldn't mind seeing this script. Which GL they use?

Last edited by brainchild81; 11-13-2012 at 08:47 PM.
Old 11-14-2012, 03:34 PM   #559
Llama_Shepherd
World's Finest

Quote:
I usually am. I guess we're gonna have to agree to disagree.
We cannot agree to disagree on how someone stated they created a character, as it is not a matter of opinion. The people who created the characters are correct. In this case that would Chris Claremont, and Geoff Johns for the Phoenix Force (Uncanny X-Men #125) and the Trespasser (Blackest Night #7) respectively.

Old 11-14-2012, 06:41 PM   #560
brainchild81
Fighting crime...

I was talking about the ridiculous upgrade that can't last long part. Is Jean alive or dead?

See Black Dynamite

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

The CustomInk logo looks a lot like the Hydra logo. Watch out for those guys, man
Old 11-15-2012, 11:52 AM   #561
Llama_Shepherd
World's Finest

Honestly I sort of think it is both. But she can never really die as she literally is the Phoenix, she never stays dead as it is.

Old 11-15-2012, 04:54 PM   #562
Spider-Kurt!
Side-Kick

While I expect it to be Hal and Barry,it really doesn't matter to me whether it's those two or John and Wally just as long as we get the strait man/funny man dynamic from the current JL 52 series or the JLU animated series respectfully.

Romans 8:19
Spider-Kurt! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 03:31 AM   #563
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic

Wow...this is still going on....

I've heard so many people talk about how Superman would kill Lois if they ever had sex, but I've never heard someone make this point before and it's brilliant. If Superman's bodily fluids are so dangerous, then he'd have to use a kryptonite toilet every time he takes a dump.
charl_huntress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 11:45 PM   #564
mace1
Side-Kick

HEY GUYS CHECK THIS OUT.
Tell us what you think.See all below.

Justice league in
Static Shock Episode 30- A League of Their Own (Part 1)

part 2 inside

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qyjkZxSzzA

OR PART 2 HERE

Static Shock Episode 31- A League of Their Own (Part 2)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2juah...feature=relmfu

SUPERMAN IN
static shock ep 36 part 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqn-HIAeG5I

Last edited by mace1; 11-19-2012 at 11:47 AM.
mace1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 10:10 PM   #565
3rdstone
In a room full of mirrors

Well, since I grew up reading comics with Hal and Barry a couple of decades before The Animated Series and whatnot, my vote has to go to these guys. If a JL movie finally will come out, I personally want to see them, regardless how popular John and Wally got later on in the mythos.

Call it nostalgia, but that's it for me.

- If you don't eat your meat you can't have any pudding! How can you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat!?

3rdstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 11:46 AM   #566
mace1
Side-Kick

Green lantern JOHN STEWART
Static Shock Episode 43- Fallen Hero

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6stMihHIcI

Old 11-19-2012, 08:12 PM   #567
brainchild81
Fighting crime...

I think the funnyman/straightman thing just works better w/John because John's more of a straightman than Hal. Wally also seems to be more of a funnyman than Barry. ****ed up that Wally only exists in a great show that's most likely getting canceled

Old 11-20-2012, 07:12 PM   #568
gkokujin
Side-Kick

I say have John and Barry, but make mention of Hal being off world by the Guardians, and Have Barry accidentally be the reason Wally becomes the Flash (maybe even merge with the speed force) and have him help towards the end and become the new Flash...

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateJustin View Post
no kid in fifteen years will recall what was going on in the haze of animated card game shows where cat faced japanese children yelled annoyingly and danced around and shot mushrooms out of their mouths.
gkokujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 05:15 PM   #569
cleverusername8
Or something like that

Quote:
I think the funnyman/straightman thing just works better w/John because John's more of a straightman than Hal. Wally also seems to be more of a funnyman than Barry. ****ed up that Wally only exists in a great show that's most likely getting canceled
If you're referring to Young justice, is there official word as to whether it's going to continue? Because that would be a tragedy - YJ is the best "new" Cartoon Network show they've got and it's starting to overtake JLU aa my favorite superhero cartoon of all time

And PS, Hal is the funny man and Barry is straight for their relationship.

cleverusername8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 06:34 AM   #570
brainchild81
Fighting crime...

Ok. Hal's nowhere near as funny as Wally then. Yeah I was talking about YJ. No official word yet but signs pointing to it are adding up. They canceled the tie-in comic. I'm starting to notice this foolish pro-Hal bias people say Geoff has. YJ sold more books than GLTAS, but somehow they haven't officially canceled the GLTAS book yet. You post in the YJ thread?

See Black Dynamite

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

The CustomInk logo looks a lot like the Hydra logo. Watch out for those guys, man
Old 11-22-2012, 09:09 AM   #571
HighFivingMF
Welp.

Geoff has nothing to do with what books and shows get cancelled.

Old 11-22-2012, 09:59 AM   #572
mace1
Side-Kick

Hopefully john stewart comes to the green lantern animated show.Anyway i like THE GREEN LANTERN SHOW ALOT,MY MOST FAVORITE SINCE I DO LIKE THE GREEN LANTERN CONCEPT,and i don't know if it's better then young justice or not since i have only seen one ep. of young justice.

I TRY TO CATCH up later and see every ep,but so far i think the green lantern show is the best one.

I ALWAYS WANTED TO SEE A NEW GREEN LANTERN SHOW FOR YEARS NOW REGARDLESS of who were the green lanterns they show,but i would like it better if john stewart was on the show.

I have friend that would have prefer john stewart over hal jordan too but the shows he have so far compared, green lantern and young justice ,he told me he gives it to green lantern show so far,of course he does not like hal,but the show,story etc he like better then young justice.
He likes young JUSTICE alot too.

He likes the green lantern concept more so then he did in the past because he understand better now because of the new tv show making it more clear for him.he still does not really like hal jordan but he like the show and understand the concept better and like the story and action in the show.He likes john stewart and wish that john was the main one shown first in he new show.You not ggoing to convice him that hal was the first green lantern before john,he does not care about that,but he does like the show.

Has for me,i like hal,guy etc.. but i like john stewart better and wish he was shown too on the show in beginning but i understand more clearly why they are doing things the way they are doing it,but hopefully john stewart will show up later .

I like hal jordan,guy etc..,but i just like john stewart the best.

Last edited by mace1; 11-22-2012 at 10:24 AM.
Old 11-22-2012, 10:06 AM   #573
mace1
Side-Kick

I hope none of them gets cancelled,and both last awhile.

Old 11-22-2012, 10:08 AM   #574
mace1
Side-Kick

DC Nation - Sneak Peek - YouTube

or
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kAwdLFC250

Old 11-22-2012, 01:58 PM   #575
brainchild81
Fighting crime...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFivingMF View Post
Geoff has nothing to do with what books and shows get cancelled.
Someone in the thread said he might have that kinda clout. Wouldn't surprise me. Why would they cancel the YJ book but keep the less profitable GLTAS book?

See Black Dynamite

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!: