View Poll Results: GL & Flash pairing
Hal & Barry 37 50.00%
John & Wally 37 50.00%
A different GL or Flash 0 0%
Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-17-2013, 10:35 PM   #701
brainchild81
Fighting crime...

Default Re: How would you feel about John Stewart amd Wally West instead of Hal and Barry?

The editors had a dumbass idea. In that situation you either start pushing him or just have him take a hiatus. I imagine his lack of a push is one of the main causes of his lack of success. He can't succeed or fail because they never really give him a chance. There's a lot of lessons that the rest of DC should have learned from the DCAU. Using Stewart correctly is one of them. NONE of the other lanterns will ever be as important to the GA as he was on that show. They simply don't have "it"

See Black Dynamite

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

The CustomInk logo looks a lot like the Hydra logo. Watch out for those guys, man

Last edited by brainchild81; 04-17-2013 at 10:46 PM.
brainchild81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 10:39 PM   #702
N7 Joseph Shepard
Human/Kryptonian Hybrid

Default Re: How would you feel about John Stewart amd Wally West instead of Hal and Barry?

why no love for Kyle Rayner and Bart Allen? lol

Snyder
Alexander/Arterton- Wonder Woman - Taylor
Bomer - Green Lantern -
Bay
Pine - The Flash -
Del-Toro
Pearce - Lex Luthor
N7 Joseph Shepard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 10:41 AM   #703
LEVITIKUZ
HE'S COMING HOME!!!

LEVITIKUZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 11:24 AM   #704
N7 Joseph Shepard
Human/Kryptonian Hybrid

Earth has 5 Green Lanterns......stupid Flash

Hal
John
Guy
Kyle
Baz

6 if you include Sinestro.....he technically is the Green Lantern of sector 2814 right now

Snyder
Bomer - Green Lantern -
Bay
Pine - The Flash -
Del-Toro
Pearce - Lex Luthor
Old 04-18-2013, 02:06 PM   #705
Kevin Smith
Banned User

Kevin Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 02:16 PM   #706
shauner111
Side-Kick

They can almost do a movie with Barry and Hal hahaha. A fantastical superhero buddy cop movie. What would they call it?

shauner111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 02:53 PM   #707
Llama_Shepherd
World's Finest

Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephCAW View Post
Earth has 5 Green Lanterns......stupid Flash

Hal
John
Guy
Kyle
Baz

6 if you include Sinestro.....he technically is the Green Lantern of sector 2814 right now
There's still only two. Sinestro is trapped in the Book of the Black for half of the DCnU and Hal hasn't been a member of the GLC since War of the Green Lanterns in OldDCU. Kyle and Guy are Honour Guard and patrol any sector assigned to them. So Simon and John are for Earth.

Llama_Shepherd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 02:59 PM   #708
IamtheBatman
Side-Kick

John & Wally for me just because of the JLA.

IamtheBatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 03:17 PM   #709
brainchild81
Fighting crime...

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauner111 View Post
They can almost do a movie with Barry and Hal hahaha. A fantastical superhero buddy cop movie. What would they call it?
Another movie w/Hal? WB Presents ''How To Waste Money Pt.2 sounds like a good title

Old 04-18-2013, 03:54 PM   #710
shauner111
Side-Kick

Yeah, John is better suited if they want to do another solo movie. And Wally is a waste in my opinion.

But a Hal/Barry movie would be sooo entertaining haha. Would never happen but I would love it. A serious threat, good characterization, fun action but hilarious back and forth between Hal/Barry. With the right actors and script it would be entertaining as a mother****er.

In a dream world, I would do this instead of a Flash origin or another spaced out GL movie. They can have a montage over the opening credits of Hal finding the ring, training and battling Sinestro (all re-shot with the new actor) mixed together with Flash's origins in Central City, his accident etc.

Give Iris a really small role and it would be awesome

A World's Finest before JL and a Flash/GL movie after JL would have been pretty cool.

Old 04-18-2013, 04:02 PM   #711
shauner111
Side-Kick

Hah I said it as a joke before..a buddy cop film but with some serious threats attached...but it kinda sounds like a good idea to me now!

Old 04-18-2013, 04:02 PM   #712
Kevin Smith
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamtheBatman View Post
John & Wally for me just because of the JLA.
What JLA?

Old 04-18-2013, 04:06 PM   #713
Kevin Smith
Banned User

If they can't do Hal & Barry because of the poor GL film, then do Barry and John. No need to crap all over The Flash and put Kid Flash in his suit just because they screwed up with GL.

Old 04-18-2013, 04:42 PM   #714
shauner111
Side-Kick

Putting Kid Flash in there would be like having a Dick Grayson Batman or a John Blake Batman...it's unnecessary especially at this point in time when u can have Barry and a version of Bruce.

Old 04-18-2013, 04:59 PM   #715
Panthro
Catman Begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEVITIKUZ View Post

I admit that always makes me laugh

New 52 Flash SUCKS
Panthro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 05:27 PM   #716
cleverusername8
Or something like that

I picked up the first 9 issues of JLA thanks to the Injustice 'Justice League comic sale' and so far I'm really enjoying the Wally/Rayner duo. Their at odds yet in a buddy kind of way dynamic really works especially if they make the rest of the characters their usual serious selves.

I do agree that Flash and GL should be good friends in the movie universe. Having a middle-aged, jaded John beside young and hyperactive Wally would be kinda odd and awkward. So I support Wally and Kyle if they're not going to give Hal a second try. Plus, Rayner adds diversity if they choose to make him Hispanic which would fill John's appeal as well.

Though Barry and Hal remain my top pick. Your post nearly had me rolling Kevin Smith

cleverusername8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 08:14 PM   #717
N7 Joseph Shepard
Human/Kryptonian Hybrid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llama_Shepherd View Post
There's still only two. Sinestro is trapped in the Book of the Black for half of the DCnU and Hal hasn't been a member of the GLC since War of the Green Lanterns in OldDCU. Kyle and Guy are Honour Guard and patrol any sector assigned to them. So Simon and John are for Earth.

...I STAND BY WHAT I SAID!!! ok ok fine

Snyder
Bomer - Green Lantern -
Bay
Pine - The Flash -
Del-Toro
Pearce - Lex Luthor
Old 04-18-2013, 09:57 PM   #718
Doc Ock
1951-2014

I wish we had a solo John Stewart comic series, I'd buy it!

Old 06-24-2013, 04:38 PM   #719
DrCosmic
Professor of Power

Stewart is the central character on GLC right now, that might be a good thing to check out.

Where's the option for Stewart and Barry?

DrCosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 10:17 AM   #720
DChero
Out of Work Superhero

I never understood the hype for John Stewart. I get that he is the second most-popular GL, but I still don't think he should be introduced into the DCMU before Hal. After Hal's introduced, then they're free to use John, Kyle, Guy, whoever in my opinion.

PS: Alan Scott does not exist to me, heh.

DChero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 12:08 PM   #721
metaphysician
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DChero View Post
I never understood the hype for John Stewart. I get that he is the second most-popular GL, but I still don't think he should be introduced into the DCMU before Hal. After Hal's introduced, then they're free to use John, Kyle, Guy, whoever in my opinion.

PS: Alan Scott does not exist to me, heh.
1. Because the Green Lantern movie was terrible, and tainted the character in the public mind

2. Because ( prior to GL:TAS ), John Stewart had by far the most GA exposure, thanks to being the GL on JLU. Sure, it wasn't a vast thing, but it was still better than what Hal had

3. Because it gives you a chance to add some non-white guys to the roster in an organic manner.

4. Because Hal Jordan has the personality of cardboard

metaphysician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 02:14 PM   #722
brainchild81
Fighting crime...

Ditto! &the lil green domino mask doesn't look all that cool in live action.

Last edited by brainchild81; 06-25-2013 at 02:18 PM.
Old 06-25-2013, 04:50 PM   #723
DrCosmic
Professor of Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by metaphysician View Post
1. Because the Green Lantern movie was terrible, and tainted the character in the public mind

2. Because ( prior to GL:TAS ), John Stewart had by far the most GA exposure, thanks to being the GL on JLU. Sure, it wasn't a vast thing, but it was still better than what Hal had

3. Because it gives you a chance to add some non-white guys to the roster in an organic manner.

4. Because Hal Jordan has the personality of cardboard
This. All of this.

Expanding on #4: John Stewart is a different kind of hero. He's the warrior-poet, so to speak. The whole 'who's the hottest hotshot maverick' question never enters the equation. No secret identity, in fact the very nature of identity comes into question when you actually start to unpack his character. Hal Jordan is a lot of fun, and he came before John Stewart, but as far as depth and character development go, Hal Jordan just hasn't been through enough, and even what he has been through has been retconned.

Old 06-25-2013, 05:10 PM   #724
shauner111
Side-Kick

I don't think the discussion matters since it seems like Goyer is going through with STAR labs and Cyborg. He mentioned that again this past week.

Id say Hal is in the team and John is not.

I really think we're getting the main 5 as it was originally and now in the New 52 (Barry, Hal) but with Aquaman and Cyborg and possibly Martian Manhunter references in the first movie. Which will open the door to the sequel. Which will then serve as a giant team that will be able to take on the likes of Darkseid and all his minions.

Old 06-25-2013, 06:10 PM   #725
DrCosmic
Professor of Power

Possible references? Either something was referenced or it wasn't. If you're talking about the STAR Labs, then no, Cyborg wasn't referenced, any more than he is referenced any other time Superman goes to STAR Labs for help/science.

Now, it's possible that they are doing the New 52 thing, but right now... it remains to be seen.