The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Fandom Come > Fan Fiction & Films

Old 09-03-2012, 07:52 AM   #26
SpiderBat
Side-Kick

Default Re: Fear the Batman - fan-fic third Keaton/Burton Batman film - Part 1 of first draft

Wow, get an agent. Seriously.

SpiderBat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 07:07 AM   #27
The Venom

Default Re: Fear the Batman - fan-fic third Keaton/Burton Batman film - Part 1 of first draft

kewlmatto, I think this is the best post anyone has ever written, certainly the longest.
shappo if only for the time you invested to write this down, wow.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tags: Batman Games For Kids, Batman Movies

The Venom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 10:03 PM   #28
kewlmatto
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiderBat View Post
Wow, get an agent. Seriously.
Wow, thanks. Just doing this for fun but it's great to see people like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Venom View Post
kewlmatto, I think this is the best post anyone has ever written, certainly the longest.
shappo if only for the time you invested to write this down, wow.
Thanks! Have thought about this for so long it's nice to actually get through a fair bit of it. Hope to finish it this time. I've slowly started to rethink of it as not necessarily a 90s Burton film, but a film that could be done today and still continue Returns' story (especially costume/visual-wise) while being seen as its own film as well. Hopefully that works, even if the audience don't know much about Shreck.

Still toying with whether I have a Catwoman cameo or not, though. I don't want it cluttered with too many characters but I have an idea of how it could work.

kewlmatto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 12:03 AM   #29
kewlmatto
Side-Kick

Next scene is a fairly big action scene, so might take a little bit longer.

In the meantime, here is another poster. Once again a little roughly edited. This one has Sasha and Black Mask. Compiled from various comic covers.

Also got Alfred's quote slightly mixed up - woops. Might fix it later.

Last edited by kewlmatto; 09-08-2012 at 12:10 AM.
Old 09-08-2012, 12:18 AM   #30
shauner111
Side-Kick

Fantastic stuff!

GREAT choice in villains, and other key characters. I agree with other posters who have said they hear Keaton, Goldblum and Walken when reading the dialogue. I think (especially in the 90s) that Goldblum would have been perfect for Scarecrow. So im glad you're thinking of him when writing his part.

It's awesome that you didnt go into "what Riddler, Two Face, Mr Freeze, etc would have been like in a 3rd Burton film". Or Robin for that matter. So once again, a big thumbs up for ur choice in villains...very fitting.

Looking forward to more, loving the story so far!

shauner111 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 03:37 AM   #31
kewlmatto
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauner111 View Post
Fantastic stuff!

GREAT choice in villains, and other key characters. I agree with other posters who have said they hear Keaton, Goldblum and Walken when reading the dialogue. I think (especially in the 90s) that Goldblum would have been perfect for Scarecrow. So im glad you're thinking of him when writing his part.

It's awesome that you didnt go into "what Riddler, Two Face, Mr Freeze, etc would have been like in a 3rd Burton film". Or Robin for that matter. So once again, a big thumbs up for ur choice in villains...very fitting.

Looking forward to more, loving the story so far!
Thanks! Yep I would have loved to see Goldblum as Scarecrow. I really wanted to give new villains their time to shine, or, in the case of Scarecrow, finally make him a 'big bad', which the Nolan films (great as they are) sadly never did. Scarecrow will always be one of my favourite Batman villains, so I'm looking forward to cutting the leash on him later in the story.

I've found using Max Shreck has really allowed me to make Black Mask more menacing more quickly. I know he was pretty fried at the end of Returns but well...it would just have to be one of those things. I'm taking inspiration from the initial draft of Returns where it was Harvey Dent instead of Shreck, and Selina wasn't meant to kill him - just turn him into Two-Face at the end. Of course, I'm not touching Two-Face for Schumacherish reasons.

Thanks for your feedback - good to know people like the interpretation. I've had to take some liberties with the characters but I hope they are pretty faithful at their core.

Last edited by kewlmatto; 09-08-2012 at 03:43 AM.
Old 09-08-2012, 03:42 AM   #32
kewlmatto
Side-Kick

FEAR THE BATMAN - PART 8

GOTHAM STREETS - DUSK

We see a shot of the orange sun setting through Gotham skyscrapers. It scatters light randomly across the streets due to the overbuilt blocks. Most cars are spluttering in the heat. The roads are clogged. We see a shot of a sleek silver vehicle in the midst of the choking and dated cars. Bruce Wayne is at the wheel of the car, a polished and reflective Mazda Shinari. Sasha Bordeaux sits in the passenger seat, dressed in a stylish evening gown. Bruce wears a tuxedo, with a ribbon for the victims of the Kane Bridge pinned on his lapel. Sasha looks as though she has been biting her tongue for some time, trying to keep quiet. Finally, she gives in.

SASHA: Mr Wayne, I really wish you’d employ a driver. I can arrange one. Mr Fox hired me to keep you as safe as possible.

Bruce accelerates suddenly to narrowly miss a red light. The engine roars.

BRUCE: Why? My driving’s perfectly safe. Plus I just bought this car. Haven’t been able to test it yet.

Sasha rolls her eyes slightly, but chooses not to indulge Bruce. She changes the topic.

SASHA: This charity event will already have some decent security, but regardless Mr Wayne, you cannot disappear on me. I will stay within three metres at all times. For me to ensure your safety, I have to know you will cooperate.

BRUCE: Sure. You really do take your job seriously, don’t you?

SASHA: Thank you. Yes. I do.

They reach Sprang Hotel. Bruce pulls up to the valet after a moment of silence. He stops the car and turns to Sasha.

BRUCE: You look lovely.

SASHA:
(Embarrassed, looks away) I’m more comfortable in pants.

BRUCE: Thank you.

SASHA: For wearing the dress? No worries.

BRUCE: No, for taking your job seriously. That’s something I admire.

He steps out of the car. Sasha sits idle for a moment, not quite believing what Bruce said. She seems even more confused about him.

SPRANG HOTEL FUNCTION ROOM

We see a shot of Bruce entering the ballroom, with Sasha close behind. Gotham’s wealthiest and most influential are mingling around tables. The event has not formally begun.

SILVER ST CLOUD: Bruce! Bruce Wayne!

A stylishly dressed woman with platinum blonde hair races towards Bruce. She is on her phone but seems to disregard the phone call. She still holds the phone to her ear. She also wears a communications earpiece to communicate with walkie talkies.

SILVER ST CLOUD:
(Into both devices) I have Bruce Wayne. (She makes eye contact with Bruce again) Thank god you’re here! Could I bump your speech up to first? Mayor Grange hasn’t arrived yet, I’ve been on the phone with her office and they’re trying to get a hold of her. Held up in traffic I suppose – it’s a mess out there.

BRUCE: That’s fine, Silver.

SILVER ST CLOUD:
(Into her earpiece) Bumping Wayne to first speaker. (Into her phone) No, I need a better answer than that.

She walks off again, as quickly as she appeared. Bruce is about to start moving when he is stopped again.

GEOFFREY TAN: Pleased to see you could make it, Bruce.

BRUCE: Geoffrey.

GEOFFREY: You’ve really started to step back out into the limelight lately… To help the relief effort, I mean. A shame we had to have a tragedy like this just to get a chance to see you more often.

BRUCE: Don’t be too smug, Geoffrey. This is to help victims of a terrorist attack, remember. Not the time for business politics.

Almost instinctually, a smarmy grin plasters Geoffrey’s face in reaction. On the podium several feet away from them there is a large screen which has projected images and footage of the disaster. Footage of messages of hope which litter the side of the road, footage of flyers people have left hoping to track down relatives.

GEOFFREY: Of course. The victims. Yes. Time to stop and reflect. It’s important. We all need to stop and reflect. But then again, you know what never stops? You know what always keeps ticking? The NASDAQ, Wayne. And investors are spooked.

Sickened by Geoffrey, Bruce begins to move away.

BRUCE: Excuse me.

GEOFFREY: Reality, Bruce. Business can’t stop for Kleenex moments. Down five percent today.

Bruce walks deeper into the crowd. Sasha follows. Geoffrey notices her and looks at her lustfully. Sasha returns his glance with a cold-as-death stare. Bruce walks to the bar and orders a drink. Sasha stands several metres behind him. She watches him order, seemingly curious. She looks around the crowded ballroom. Ornate tables are everywhere, with decorative place cards on each plate and table setting. Sasha’s eyes follow the perimeter of the room. She sees a member of security walk behind the screen projecting images. He is dressed in a black suit. She looks for the other security members. They are at the entrances and exits. Another seems to be fixing a security camera. She seems to breathe a sigh of relief at the organisation of the venue. She turns her attention again to Bruce at the bar, only to find he has disappeared.

Last edited by kewlmatto; 09-08-2012 at 08:08 PM.
Old 09-08-2012, 11:02 PM   #33
kewlmatto
Side-Kick

Bruce Wayne's 'day car' - a Mazda Shinari.

Last edited by kewlmatto; 09-10-2012 at 01:56 AM.
Old 09-10-2012, 01:32 AM   #34
LuiECuomo
Side-Kick

Chicks dig the car.

Do you envision the same Batmobile from the Burton films being in this one, too, kewl?

I always thought the Batmobile that made an appearance in the 2004 comics seemed like a natural progression of the '89 Batmobile, with the giant bat-head on the front instead of the turbine:

The Batmobile from "Child of Dreams" also seems like a more intense version of the '89 car:

LuiECuomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 01:55 AM   #35
kewlmatto
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuiECuomo View Post
Do you envision the same Batmobile from the Burton films being in this one, too, kewl?
I've been deliberating that for some time. On one hand I'd like to keep the '89 car but then again he did almost destroy it when turning it into the batmissile.

I'd considered the 'bat-head' one but not sure how it would translate. But it's a great design. I think I'd alter the bat head slightly, make it a bit more streamlined with the body of the car - that would look perfect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuiECuomo View Post
The Batmobile from "Child of Dreams" also seems like a more intense version of the '89 car
This would work really well too. I love the idea of a slightly evolved model...something that he probably built up by using the missile as the core. Good choices!

Old 09-10-2012, 02:34 AM   #36
kewlmatto
Side-Kick

What I love about the Burton films is that fantastic production design.

In '89 it was Gothic/Art Deco/Noir

In '92 it was Gothic/Art Deco/Fascist

In Fear the Batman I would like to let it evolve a little bit more, but still honour the first films. The mix would be more Gothic/Art Deco/Art Nouveau.

Buildings would look a little like the following, blended together a little so they are more cohesive and decayed with neglect and smog...

Old 09-10-2012, 06:39 AM   #37
red hood 4
Side-Kick

This is amazing! Its so well thought out and really reads like a burton film. I am glad you havnt done the Burton cliche and stuck Depp and Helena Bonha Carter

red hood 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 12:40 PM   #38
Midnight Black
Defender of the Universe

I like the pics of the buildings and architecture. You can really see Gotham come alive by what you posted. I would have liked to see more of those buildings in Nolan's films, but i guess they were too reminiscent of a cartoon-sy Burton type world.

However, I think those type of buildings would really compliment the warm fiery atmosphere you are setting with your film. Reminds me of Interview with the Vampire, Dark World type of setting for some reason.

When they do the next Batman films I would really love to see more architecture like that; over the top, lots of detail, overuse of shapes and color, etc.

Xbox- XKdaAssassin (me and my son's...so be mindful of language used. Thanks!)
Midnight Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 01:40 PM   #39
shauner111
Side-Kick

Id like to see those kind of buildings in the reboot.

Old 09-11-2012, 12:28 AM   #40
LuiECuomo
Side-Kick

Glad some other people are starting to notice this project. It deserves more attention!

Old 09-11-2012, 02:46 AM   #41
kewlmatto
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by red hood 4 View Post
This is amazing! Its so well thought out and really reads like a burton film. I am glad you havnt done the Burton cliche and stuck Depp and Helena Bonha Carter
Thanks! I'm glad you like it. Yep I do miss Burton from the 90s. He's become a cliche unfortunately. I think it would be good for both Depp and Burton's careers if they had a break from each other.

I can't imagine them in a Batman movie anyway. They just aren't right for any character.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Black View Post
However, I think those type of buildings would really compliment the warm fiery atmosphere you are setting with your film. Reminds me of Interview with the Vampire, Dark World type of setting for some reason.
Very happy you said Interview with the Vampire - that's a bit of the feeling I was looking for. Awesome movie (and book). I love that French New Orleans inspiration. Arkham City has a bit of that decayed Art Nouveau style in its architecture too.

I want to feature the subway and Robinson Park later when Scarecrow is unleashed, so I think some of those great sculpted and curled iron patterns would look great in those scenes. Paris' Metro entrances are beautiful. These would be some of the turn-of-the-century areas of Gotham, which would have used that architectural style before it gave way to modernist deco (which would be the Sprang Hotel and other more modern buildings).

I agree, Gotham is so much more enjoyable when it is just that bit heightened. Schumacher went too far though. I guess it's a balance.

I did lament the loss of that touch of heightened fantasy Begins had with the Narrows. The next two films pretty much became generic cities, as great as the films are.

Old 09-11-2012, 09:45 AM   #42
Midnight Black
Defender of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by kewlmatto View Post
Very happy you said Interview with the Vampire - that's a bit of the feeling I was looking for. Awesome movie (and book). I love that French New Orleans inspiration. Arkham City has a bit of that decayed Art Nouveau style in its architecture too.

I want to feature the subway and Robinson Park later when Scarecrow is unleashed, so I think some of those great sculpted and curled iron patterns would look great in those scenes. Paris' Metro entrances are beautiful. These would be some of the turn-of-the-century areas of Gotham, which would have used that architectural style before it gave way to modernist deco (which would be the Sprang Hotel and other more modern buildings).

I agree, Gotham is so much more enjoyable when it is just that bit heightened. Schumacher went too far though. I guess it's a balance.

I did lament the loss of that touch of heightened fantasy Begins had with the Narrows. The next two films pretty much became generic cities, as great as the films are.
Yeah Schumacher went way overboard lol. I think he was trying to go for a Art deco meets Vegas world with some Burton inspiration but instead of gothic it was more whimsical in a way. I would have like to see what Gotham looked like during the day instead of just at night in his films though. I think it would have brought things together a little more, but the neon colors were just too much for me.

Nolan's 3rd and 4th films did have that 'generic' city feeling as you described I guess he was trying to go for a very modern/contemporary wall street feel with they skyscrapers etc to signify Wayne's world more than Batman's.

Have you seen Dark World? if not check it out, I think you would enjoy it if you haven't, but judging by your writing and style and thematic I'm sure you have. I'm a fan of the New Orleans french quarter, cast iron, turn of the century Parisian look you seem to be going for. I think it would make for a very interesting Gotham.

Now you have me interested in buying some coffee table books with that type of artwork lol.

Old 09-16-2012, 01:54 AM   #43
kewlmatto
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Black View Post
Have you seen Dark World? if not check it out, I think you would enjoy it if you haven't, but judging by your writing and style and thematic I'm sure you have. I'm a fan of the New Orleans french quarter, cast iron, turn of the century Parisian look you seem to be going for. I think it would make for a very interesting Gotham.

Now you have me interested in buying some coffee table books with that type of artwork lol.
Do you mean Dark City? I've seen that - great movie. Love the style. Haven't seen Dark World though.

I have a great Art Nouveau coffee table book that I picked up when a bookstore was closing...only ten dollars. Would love to get more but they tend to be expensive.

Old 09-16-2012, 01:59 AM   #44
kewlmatto
Side-Kick

FEAR THE BATMAN - PART 9

Sasha appears simultaneously irritated and worried. We see her point of view, her eyes darting through the crowd. She is tapped on the shoulder and gasps in surprise, jumping and turning around. It is Bruce Wayne. He holds out a drink for her with one hand, his other hand with a drink for himself.

BRUCE: Drink?

Sasha’s eyes narrow.

SASHA: Don’t do that! I told you not to disappear on me.

BRUCE: Just getting you a drink.

SASHA: No, I’m working.

BRUCE: It’s non-alcoholic.

Sasha looks at both drinks for a moment.

SASHA: Just like yours, I imagine.

She takes the other drink from Wayne, which appears to be a scotch and sips it. Bruce is a little surprised, still holding out Sasha’s drink.

SASHA: Ginger ale. Thank you. I don’t think you’re quite the party boy you pretend to be.

Bruce is about to reply, but is cut off by a voice on a microphone. The lights dim and everyone directs their attention to the stage. Silver St Cloud speaks. Behind her is the projected images of the Kane Bridge tragedy. As Silver speaks, most guests take their seats at the dining tables.

SILVER ST CLOUD: Ladies, gentlemen, esteemed business leaders of Gotham City. Tonight we gather to remember the lives lost during the Kane Bridge Bombing last week, and to raise money to help the victims’ families, and to help the many still in hospital recovering. Thank you for your attendance. The greatest city on earth has given all of us here tonight so much. And I know you’ll all agree that we have a responsibility to return the favour, especially when the city is in such need. Please give generously tonight.

There is a light applause across the audience. Silver pauses for a moment to allow it to subside.

SILVER ST CLOUD: Tonight’s dinner will be accompanied by guest speakers who will inform us about the implications of this tragedy, the rebuilding and recovery efforts. Unfortunately Mayor Grange, our opening speaker tonight, is running late. As you know there has been daily gridlock on West Elliott since the Kane Bridge collapse. So instead would you please welcome to the sta-

Silver’s microphone cuts out. She persists. Her voice is faint now, almost inaudible from the dining tables.

SILVER ST CLOUD: Would you please welcome to the stage…

The large screen behind her flickers. The loop of images cuts out, with white noise replacing it. Unfocused handheld footage from a video camera starts to flicker onto the screen. A recording symbol, the date and time appear on the display. The footage comes into focus. Mayor Marion Grange’s face appears. She seems to be seated, in front of a dark brick wall. There is rumbling from the audience. Some appear confused, while others appear to view this as Mayor Grange making her speech via videolink.

Mayor Grange is speaking, but there is no audio. Loud electronic feedback fills the room for a moment. People gasp in reaction, and the tone of the room changes slightly. The audio cuts in. We can only see Mayor Grange’s shoulders and head. She has stopped speaking. Another voice can be heard off-camera. A croaky, deranged voice.

BLACK MASK: Start again. They can hear you now.

The camera comes into focus even more. Grange’s eyes are red, as though she has been crying.

MAYOR: This is Mayor Marion Grange. My nineteen-year-old son Jeremy is about ten feet to the left of me. We are being held hostage by a terrorist.

Black Mask laughs, off-camera. The audience in the hotel gasp.

BLACK MASK: Terror? You don’t even know what that means.

Mayor Grange seems to ignore him and continue speaking.

MAYOR: We are being held in an unknown location. By the cooler temperature and breeze I believe we are high up in a building. I can’t see anything but this room.

BLACK MASK: You’ve never felt terror, Mayor Grange. This won’t help them find you.

MAYOR: The terrorist is wearing a skull-like black mask.

Black Mask laughs again.

BLACK MASK: It’s not a mask. I had a mask. This is the real me.

Black Mask turns the camera on himself. His red eyes and withered black skin fill the screen. The audience shriek in horror, finally accepting the video as reality. Many stand up, ready to leave the room. Black Mask looks off-camera. It seems he is watching the room from another monitor.

BLACK MASK: Uh-uh-uh. Don’t get out of your seats. You don’t want to miss the show. Boys, lock ‘em up.

The security members appear at the perimeter of the large ballroom with large automatic weapons, which they point towards the centre of the room. The doors have been locked shut.

BLACK MASK: Anyone tries to leave, they die. And the Mayor dies. Sit down and watch the show.

We finally see Bruce’s reaction. His eyes have narrowed. He appears to be looking around, assessing options. Sasha looks at his intense stare with curiosity.

BLACK MASK: True terror is something I’ve witnessed, Ms Grange. It really opens your eyes. Gotham’s been in a coma, you see. A coma from its cancerous corruption. It’s my duty to give Gotham real terror, to open its eyes to its vile sickness. You all believe that Gotham’s just had a few wackos, that’s its only problem. No sir-ee, the wackos are a symptom. You all believe that some vigilante, some Bat-man, will protect you. No, no, no. How wrong you are.

The sound of gunshots in the ballroom. Bruce’s eyes dart there, worried someone has been killed. Fortunately it was a warning shot.

BLACK MASK: You see, I know one or two things about The Batman. I know who he is. And I know he’s in that room with all of you fat cats. Hey, he is a fat cat! That’s right. What did you expect? Those cars and planes must cost a fortune. Yes, that’s right, Batman is one of Gotham’s privileged sons. Wealthy capitalists. It makes me sick too. He’s listening now. Batman. You know I speak the truth. I can see you in my little monitor here. You move, they die.

Black Mask fiddles with the camera. It shakes as he seems to readjust it. We now see Mayor Grange’s son, tied up. Black Mask has several torture implements beside him.

BLACK MASK: You know what else I know about The Batman, Gotham? You should fear him. He knows a bit about terror, you see, like me. The Batman has been testing chemical hallucinogens which incite extreme fear. Should anyone have that kind of power? He’s a charlatan, you see. A hypocrite. A man who has fed on Gotham and has the audacity to pretend to protect it. I was once a hypocrite. Takes one to know one.

Black Mask holds the camera in one hand, and a scalpel in the other. He points it at Jeremy Grange’s eye. He yells to the Mayor, and the camera darts to her.

BLACK MASK: Now tell them!

Mayor Grange is angry, crying.

MAYOR: Don’t you dare touch him you filth. I’ll murder you!

Black Mask cuts Jeremy slightly, just below the eye.

BLACK MASK: Tell them who bankrolled your campaign for Mayor! Tell them what a hypocrite you are!

Mayor Grange is crying, spluttering.

MAYOR: Franco Bertinelli!

She yells wildly.

MAYOR: Franco Bertinelli donated the funds for my campaign!

BLACK MASK: That’s a good mayor. You hear that Gotham? Your city’s most notorious mafia boss, the capo di tutti capi, the one the police have never been able to charge, the man who’s filled the streets with drugs and crime for the past five years, has your little old Mayor in his pocket. Whatdya do for him, Grangie?

MAYOR: Don’t hurt him!

BLACK MASK: (Yelling) What do you do for Mr Bertinelli!?!

MAYOR: I….I make things…favourable.

BLACK MASK: (Laughing) ‘Favourable’. I like that word.

We see a shot of Bruce again. He appears irate.

BLACK MASK: Every Gotham hero is just another villain. Mayor ‘Fix-It’ Grange. The Batman. I'm here to give Gotham some corrective surgery. How does it feel Batman? To be trapped there...unable to do anything? Anaesthetised?

Sasha is watching Bruce’s face. She has been watching him this entire time. Her eyes narrow. Bruce turns and stares at her, intensely. Sasha’s eyes widen. She knows. Bruce gives a slight nod, maintaining his intense stare. Sasha appears to almost jolt into action. She must help him leave the room.

Last edited by kewlmatto; 09-16-2012 at 03:05 PM.
Old 09-16-2012, 03:18 AM   #45
kewlmatto
Side-Kick

More pics and issues of inspiration...

Last edited by kewlmatto; 09-16-2012 at 07:18 AM.
Old 09-16-2012, 01:37 PM   #46
shauner111
Side-Kick

Dude that last bit was awesome! I'm still laughing at how "Walken" that dialogue is! im picturing him deliver those lines and getting off on the whole situation. Great way to end the scene.

Old 09-16-2012, 03:03 PM   #47
Midnight Black
Defender of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by kewlmatto View Post
Do you mean Dark City? I've seen that - great movie. Love the style. Haven't seen Dark World though.

I have a great Art Nouveau coffee table book that I picked up when a bookstore was closing...only ten dollars. Would love to get more but they tend to be expensive.
Yeah, Dark City lol, my bad.

Old 09-22-2012, 12:06 AM   #48
LuiECuomo
Side-Kick

Good stuff, kewl.

Any more coming soon?

Old 09-23-2012, 10:44 PM   #49
kewlmatto
Side-Kick

FEAR THE BATMAN - PART 10

Sasha frantically looks around trying to devise a plan. She raises her gun in the air and yells.

SASHA: Everybody get down!

She shoots an entire round into the large ornate chandelier above her. She shoots where the safety wires bolt to the ceiling and walls, as well as the centre of the chandelier. It jolts in response and falls one metre, before being trapped by a second safety wire. The weight is too much and the chandelier rumbles, the safety wire giving way. It plummets from the high ceiling. Bruce moves quickly while the crowd crouches to the floor. The chandelier hits the tables, just barely sparing the guests who are on the floor. The room is darker with the chandelier lights now broken. Black Maskís thugs step into action. Gunshots are heard. There is screaming. We see one of Black Maskís thugs aim his gun at a guest who tries to leave. The next second, he is falling over. Bruce Wayne has knocked him out. He takes the gun and disables it, removing the bullets and several components. Sasha crawls under the tables and over guests, who are coughing and screaming. She makes her way out of the rubble and to the edge, where she trips another thug. She takes his gun for herself, placing her pistol back in its holster. She moves quickly, darting between guests, some of whom are bleeding. A thug moves towards her, ready to shoot. Bruce appears behind him. He hits the thugís ears; hard. The man falls to the ground. He looks at Sasha and makes a slight eye gesture. Sasha interprets it and turns quickly, whacking a thug approaching from behind her with the automatic weapon in her hands. He falls to the floor.

The two meet for a moment. In the chaos, nobody has noticed their actions.

BRUCE: I need to get to Black Mask before itís too late. Handle the rest of them. No bullets.

SASHA: Done.

BRUCE: Police will be here soon. Watch your cell.

Bruce vaults over some tables, moving to the screen. Sasha watches him leave, almost in awe. The Batman theme can be heard building slowly. Bruce finds the media equipment which is relaying Black Maskís live footage. He places a small tracking device on it. He then moves to the nearest window, smashes it with his jacket and jumps out.

We see the screen again. Black Mask has the camera on himself, but he looks off-camera to his monitor.

BLACK MASK: Clever little bat. I guess thatís our cue for surgery.

After some shaking, he places the camera still on a surface or tripod. We can see both Jeremy and Mayor Grange tied in chairs.

BLACK MASK: Forgive my lack of correct surgical procedure. We need to speed this up a little.

Black Mask takes a scalpel to Jeremyís eye. We hear a gurgling, horrified scream.

S.W.A.T. officers barge down the doors to the ballroom, entering with a thud. Sasha kicks another thug, sending him into the air and crashing into a table.

We see a shot of a Gotham street. The Mazda Shinari tears down the road with a load roar, away from the hotel. Police cars surge in the opposite direction. Bruce glances at his cell phone. It shows a loading bar, triangulating the videoís origin. He can hear the audio from Black Maskís broadcast. We see Black Maskís live video again.

BLACK MASK: See, itís not so bad. Youíve still got the other one.

A glimpse of an eye, with bloody tissue trailing behind it, moves past the camera.

BLACK MASK: Letís just see how much the ruling elite of Gotham is willing to eat its own, shall we?

We see outside the Sprang Hotel. Sasha is helping some injured guests out of the building.

BLACK MASK: The charity ball got a sneak preview. Time to let the rest of Gotham see the fireworks.

Black Mask moves to a large generator. He presses a switch.

Cut to a large square in Gotham. We see the news broadcast on the side of a building. It flickers for a moment, and the stockmarket infographs are replaced by Black Maskís video.

BLACK MASK: If youíre just tuning in now, Gotham, itís time for an intervention. Hereís the mayor. Hereís her son. Hereís his eye. Ms Mayor Grange admitted sheís been paid up by Gothamís Don Bertinelli. The Batman is on his way here, but heís just a fraud like her. Iíll show you. Right now I have men tracing the source of the Batmanís deadly toxin. And once I have it, Iíll show you all just what your so-called protector has planned for Gotham.

Bruce looks at his phone. It has found the origin of the video. Cantwell Tower, the former site of Shreckís company. He speeds up. He dials Sashaís number through the console. She answers, on the steps of Sprang Hotel.

SASHA: Yes.

BRUCE: Iíve found him. Heís got more planned. I need you to get to Jonathan Crane. Gotham University.

SASHA: Alright.

BRUCE: Be careful.

SASHA: Are youÖ.
him yet?

BRUCE: No suit. No time. Go!

Sasha looks around, then sees a millionaireís Lamborghini being driven up by a valet. The millionaire is injured but is refusing attention from paramedics. She runs towards them, snatches the keys from the valet and dives into the car. We hear the roar of the engine as she drives away from the hotel.

Old 09-25-2012, 12:46 AM   #50
LuiECuomo
Side-Kick

Great work, kewl. You have a real handle on writing action!