Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > SHH Community Forum

Closed Thread

Old 11-09-2012, 10:17 AM   #201
TheAQU4M4N
K1NG Of ATL4NTiS!

Default Re: The Official Hype Fitness Thread 6.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonoferox View Post
Broke my record and did 225 overhand pull ups last night.
nice work!, I messed up my back about a week ago and I am just getting back to my routines. I felt like I was paralyzed.

Old 11-09-2012, 10:27 AM   #202
bonoferox
Side-Kick

Thanks! And sorry to hear about your back. I know how that can be.

Old 11-09-2012, 12:40 PM   #203
mrvlknight21
Pullups for breakfast!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonoferox View Post
Broke my record and did 225 overhand pull ups last night.
How long did this take? How many sets did you break this into?

Old 11-10-2012, 05:44 PM   #204
DeGenerate10
Br Ba

Has anyone ever tried the Athlean X?

Old 11-11-2012, 08:46 PM   #205
ObakeTora
Me llamo Tigre Fantasma!

Damn ran all the way to the gym nonstop, 6 miles back and forth total of 11+ miles (Im turning 40 next year). Hit shoulders even though I have a nasty impingement on my left. I don't care that shoulder pisses me off, so I just worked with 120 military presses upright rows, F**ck Hitlers and 300 pound shoulder shrugs. My record for military press was 200 pounds, my goal for the time being once it heals is 225.

Here is some motivation from the man Stallone himself for those not yet hit by the spirit. Rock on my friends, rock on.
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Last edited by ObakeTora; 11-11-2012 at 08:59 PM.
Old 11-13-2012, 09:55 AM   #206
mrvlknight21
Pullups for breakfast!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeGenerate10 View Post
No, but I like the youtube videos I see from him/them.

Old 11-14-2012, 10:51 PM   #207
DJ Kornphlake
Side-Kick

Alfred keeping it real:

Old 11-15-2012, 06:44 AM   #208
Colossal Spoons
Gotterdammerung

Haha

Old 11-15-2012, 06:20 PM   #209
ObakeTora
Me llamo Tigre Fantasma!

Old 11-23-2012, 06:54 AM   #210
RetrogradeOrbit
My own Dark Passenger

Still plugging away at the gym since I went back at the beginning of July this year, after a long absence. Several years in fact.

During that lull time, I pretty much let myself get way out of shape, started smoking again and had in recent months, been drinking a bit more than I should be.

An impending operation which required a general anaesthetic, meant I needed to be appraised by a nurse. It's called a "pre-op". They weigh you, take pulse and blood pressure. Basic things like that.
Their comments were shocking. I was 3 1/2 Stones overweight, blood pressure was way to high (never had that before), my pulse was ridiculously fast at about 90bpm at rest. Then I was told my BMI was 30.1 which put me in the clinically obese area.

I decided something needed to be done. It took me a couple of weeks to get going, but at the beginning of July, I did several things, at the same time...

Quit smoking
Quit drinking
Completely overhauled my diet and stopped eating all the junk food
Went back to the gym (twice a day, 5 days a week)

In less than twelve weeks, I dropped 3 stone. I was 13 stone 5 pounds when I started. I'm only around 5 feet 5 inches, so I looked huge!
My weight is not dropping any further at the moment, but I'm not too bothered. I just want to lose that tenacious bit of blubber around the lower part of my stomach and I will be happy enough.

My major milestone this week was being able to bench 80 kilogrammes (okay, only managed two reps!) which is about 176 pounds. I weigh 145 pounds, so I'm quite happy with that.

I'm hoping that by June/July next year, I will be in good enough shape to run another marathon and even beat my previous time...

I got thrown out of a window! What's the f***ing charge for getting pushed out of a moving car, huh? Jaywalking?

My father gave me one piece of advice. He said "Always. .." No, he said "Never..." well actually he gave me two pieces of advice, I've forgotten the other one. But the important one is, "Never chase a man over a cliff".
Old 11-23-2012, 07:02 AM   #211
RetrogradeOrbit
My own Dark Passenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComicChick View Post
trying to clean up my diet and i've had a modicum of success but every now and then i'll mess up and get discouraged. must learn to resist temptation
Get yourself some friends on the MyFitnessPal web site and you might find that it helps to keep you motivated and on track if others can see your progress.

I got thrown out of a window! What's the f***ing charge for getting pushed out of a moving car, huh? Jaywalking?

My father gave me one piece of advice. He said "Always. .." No, he said "Never..." well actually he gave me two pieces of advice, I've forgotten the other one. But the important one is, "Never chase a man over a cliff".
Old 11-24-2012, 01:25 AM   #212
ComicChick
Guardin' the Galaxy Yall!
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeGenerate10 View Post
ive never even heard of it

I drawl, and I drawl. My Art Thread yall
Old 11-24-2012, 01:30 AM   #213
ComicChick
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathlok View Post
Get yourself some friends on the MyFitnessPal web site and you might find that it helps to keep you motivated and on track if others can see your progress.
thanks for the idea. i just got a new phone so i need to redownload the app stat

I drawl, and I drawl. My Art Thread yall
Old 12-08-2012, 05:24 AM   #214
ObakeTora
Me llamo Tigre Fantasma!

217 lbs 6^6"

The most lean I've ever been...

Old 12-09-2012, 06:01 AM   #215
RetrogradeOrbit
My own Dark Passenger

Just got myself a session with a personal trainer booked up for next week. He's going to help get me to 9% body fat over the next few months.

Should be interesting. If I survive, I'll let you know.

I think that I am currently around 12%

Edit
Actually I reckon that I am around 16%, so if I can get down to 10% I'd be ecstatic.

Last edited by RetrogradeOrbit; 12-10-2012 at 03:01 PM.
Old 12-09-2012, 06:02 AM   #216
RetrogradeOrbit
My own Dark Passenger

Quote:
thanks for the idea. i just got a new phone so i need to redownload the app stat
Feel free to add me if you like. Just search for "Deathlok"

Old 12-09-2012, 03:33 PM   #217
TheAQU4M4N
K1NG Of ATL4NTiS!

Anyone take the reformulated Jack3d micro? I kinda wanna see if its any different then the original.

Old 12-10-2012, 06:28 AM   #218
RetrogradeOrbit
My own Dark Passenger

I've recently bought myself an Omron BF511 body composition analyser.

It says I have visceral fat of 9% and overall body fat 21.8

However, I am not a 100% certain of these fat calculations as I train 5 days a week, sometimes twice a day and eat well. I expected my overall body fat to be several percent lower than what this device says.

Does anyone here have any experience with these devices and their accuracy?

Thanks!

Last edited by RetrogradeOrbit; 12-10-2012 at 06:44 AM.
Old 12-10-2012, 10:56 AM   #219
Colossal Spoons
Gotterdammerung

I have an Omron HBF-306C and I think they're very reliable. Perhaps you took a reading at one of the many times of day when you're carrying water. The window for measurement with these things is very slim, it's kinda ridiculous.

Old 12-10-2012, 03:03 PM   #220
RetrogradeOrbit
My own Dark Passenger

Thanks for that. Will try at different times and see what happens. Although I would be surprised at a 5% discrepency...

Old 12-10-2012, 03:08 PM   #221
Colossal Spoons
Gotterdammerung

If you have the manual, it'll tell you the best times for a reading. If not, I'll dig mine out for ya.

Old 12-11-2012, 01:11 AM   #222
ComicChick
SHH! Global Moderator

i feel like i'm my own worst enemy when it comes to fitness. it sucks

Old 12-11-2012, 01:14 AM   #223
Anita18
DANCE FOR ME, FUNNY MAN!

Quote:
i feel like i'm my own worst enemy when it comes to fitness. it sucks
That's usually how it works with fitness.

Old 12-11-2012, 01:32 AM   #224
ComicChick
SHH! Global Moderator

yeah i'm 100% percent one minute then the next i've eaten crap and feel like i sabotaged myself.

ive been really down lately with my job issues and health problems etc and not to mention that i'm not a big fan of Christmas that i just can't seem to get my mind right all the time.

i get fit-adhd i guess i can say

Old 12-11-2012, 01:59 AM   #225
ObakeTora
Me llamo Tigre Fantasma!

twinkies and pork rinds... mmmm

http://www.cnn.com/2010/HEALTH/11/08...sor/index.html

Twinkie diet helps nutrition professor lose 27 pounds

(CNN) -- Twinkies. Nutty bars. Powdered donuts.
For 10 weeks, Mark Haub, a professor of human nutrition at Kansas State University, ate one of these sugary cakelets every three hours, instead of meals. To add variety in his steady stream of Hostess and Little Debbie snacks, Haub munched on Doritos chips, sugary cereals and Oreos, too.
His premise: That in weight loss, pure calorie counting is what matters most -- not the nutritional value of the food.
The premise held up: On his "convenience store diet," he shed 27 pounds in two months.
For a class project, Haub limited himself to less than 1,800 calories a day. A man of Haub's pre-dieting size usually consumes about 2,600 calories daily. So he followed a basic principle of weight loss: He consumed significantly fewer calories than he burned.
His body mass index went from 28.8, considered overweight, to 24.9, which is normal. He now weighs 174 pounds.
But you might expect other indicators of health would have suffered. Not so.
Haub's "bad" cholesterol, or LDL, dropped 20 percent and his "good" cholesterol, or HDL, increased by 20 percent. He reduced the level of triglycerides, which are a form of fat, by 39 percent.
"That's where the head scratching comes," Haub said. "What does that mean? Does that mean I'm healthier? Or does it mean how we define health from a biology standpoint, that we're missing something?"
Haub's sample day
Espresso, Double: 6 calories; 0 grams of fat

Hostess Twinkies Golden Sponge Cake: 150 calories; 5 grams of fat

Centrum Advanced Formula From A To Zinc: 0 calories; 0 grams of fat

Little Debbie Star Crunch: 150 calories; 6 grams of fat

Hostess Twinkies Golden Sponge Cake: 150 calories; 5 grams of fat

Diet Mountain Dew: 0 calories; 0 grams of fat

Doritos Cool Ranch: 75 calories; 4 grams of fat

Kellogg's Corn Pops: 220 calories; 0 grams of fat

whole milk: 150 calories; 8 grams of fat

baby carrots: 18 calories; 0 grams of fat

Duncan Hines Family Style Brownie Chewy Fudge: 270 calories; 14 grams of fat

Little Debbie Zebra Cake: 160 calories; 8 grams of fat

Muscle Milk Protein Shake: 240 calories; 9 grams of fat

Totals: 1,589 calories and 59 grams of fat
Despite his temporary success, Haub does not recommend replicating his snack-centric diet.
"I'm not geared to say this is a good thing to do," he said. "I'm stuck in the middle. I guess that's the frustrating part. I can't give a concrete answer. There's not enough information to do that."
Two-thirds of his total intake came from junk food. He also took a multivitamin pill and drank a protein shake daily. And he ate vegetables, typically a can of green beans or three to four celery stalks.
Families who live in food deserts have limited access to fresh fruits and vegetables, so they often rely on the kind of food Haub was eating.
"These foods are consumed by lots of people," he said. "It may be an issue of portion size and moderation rather than total removal. I just think it's unrealistic to expect people to totally drop these foods for vegetables and fruits. It may be healthy, but not realistic."
Haub's body fat dropped from 33.4 to 24.9 percent. This posed the question: What matters more for weight loss, the quantity or quality of calories?
His success is probably a result of caloric reduction, said Dawn Jackson Blatner, a dietitian in Chicago, Illinois.
"It's a great reminder for weight loss that calories count," she said. "Is that the bottom line to being healthy? That's another story."
Blatner, a spokeswoman for the American Dietetic Association, said she's not surprised to hear Haub's health markers improved even when he loaded up on processed snack cakes.
Being overweight is the central problem that leads to complications like high blood pressure, diabetes and high cholesterol, she said.
How well are you managing your diabetes?
"When you lose weight, regardless of how you're doing it -- even if it's with packaged foods, generally you will see these markers improve when weight loss has improved," she said.
Before jumping on the Ding Dong bandwagon, Blatner warned of health concerns.
"There are things we can't measure," said Blatner, questioning how the lack of fruits and vegetables could affect long-term health. "How much does that affect the risk for cancer? We can't measure how diet changes affect our health."
I was eating healthier, but I wasn't healthy. I was eating too much.
--Professor Mark Haub
The ultimate Twinkie diet