The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles > Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles World

Old 10-06-2012, 06:42 AM   #76
crd1682
Side-Kick

Default Re: Official 2012 Nickelodeon Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Discussion

Thoroughly impressed. I'm actually quite shocked at how much I enjoyed the premiere episode. Writing, CGI, the turtles' personalities, fun plot, action and banter between the turtles were all top notch.

Best of all, the turtles are really acting like teenagers. In past iterations of the turtles, particularly the TMNT movie and the 2k series, they pretty much seemed like young adults. Sure they goofed around alot, but they seemed to not be as carefree as the 2012 turtles. I loved how Leo was joking with his brothers in the premiere, rather than shouldering all the responsibility like he's done in the past, which eventually turned him into a brood.

crd1682 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 10:35 AM   #77
warhorse78
Side-Kick

My God, this crap was awful. I'm not going to complain too much though, because I got what I wanted out a toon with the 2k3 and what I wanted out of a movie with the 1990 version.

warhorse78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 11:16 AM   #78
Rowen
Side-Kick

Lightbulb Re: Official 2012 Nickelodeon Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Discussion

turtle temper

this episode was pretty good, it showed that raph has a bad temper & that he could of handle it when promted the situation. i started to feel bad for the humans that are getting turned into monsters. i wonder if any more humans will get turned into a monster. ive notice the turtles don't stab anyobody. i mean when thier fighting they chould be able to stab somone. me thinks that nick doesn't want the turtles to stab anybody.

but to find more ways to defeat more bad guys.

Old 10-06-2012, 11:55 AM   #79
godisawesome
Side-Kick

Overall, an excellent amalgamation of the two previous cartoons with top-notch voice acting and some excellent new interpretations to spice things up a bit. This Raphael is actually rude like in the description from the first series while maintaining the violent streak from the last one, and Sean Astin is an excellent choice for depicting him. Michelangelo was a hoot, and his voice actor fits perfectly, as does Rob Paulson as Donatello. Leonardo was the only one I wasn't impressed with, but he was never my favorite character.

Also, $20 says that Shredder got his scars from going into the burning building to rescue his/Splinter's daughter. We might have a scarily dedicated and fanatical warrior this time around as opposed to a supremely ruthless and selfish bad guy, which could be a nice change-up.

godisawesome is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 06:34 PM   #80
DaveMoral
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowen View Post
turtle temper

this episode was pretty good, it showed that raph has a bad temper & that he could of handle it when promted the situation. i started to feel bad for the humans that are getting turned into monsters. i wonder if any more humans will get turned into a monster. ive notice the turtles don't stab anyobody. i mean when thier fighting they chould be able to stab somone. me thinks that nick doesn't want the turtles to stab anybody.

The video guy is Lewis Black, I really like that.

DaveMoral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 06:51 PM   #81
ShredderX
Side-Kick

Starting to grow on me. Still not a fan of CGI toonz, but it's WAY better than the 2007, Fast Forward, and Back to the Sewers. 2003 Toon always gets an " A + ", 87 Toon " B +", I gave Nick's a high " C+ ", but it's slowly rising to a " B-".

ShredderX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 08:10 PM   #82
Rowen
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveMoral View Post
The video guy is Lewis Black, I really like that.

i got it already, but thanks for the info.

Old 10-07-2012, 05:16 AM   #83
Lord Valumart
Hype's Dr - It's Canon

Yeh, I liked that. I think I'm going to really enjoy Sundays from now on.

Twitter: @lordvalumart
Lord Valumart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 01:38 AM   #84
Spider-Aziz
SUPERMAN

I feel sorry for that jerk mutating to Spider-Bite, only in that
I wish Raph kicked that guy and broke the phone himself

Spider-Aziz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 10:10 PM   #85
DaveMoral
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Aziz View Post
I feel sorry for that jerk mutating to Spider-Bite, only in that
I wish Raph kicked that guy and broke the phone himself
The hell of it thus far has been that the Turtles have basically caused two by-standers to be mutated. I hope that doesn't become a recurring theme... because that kinda sucks.

DaveMoral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 01:36 AM   #86
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

Second episode: also really cool. I'm not hating the monster of the week thing. I kinda like it so far. I'll hold out for a few more episodes and see if it gets better/worse or fades away.

The action is awesome and i've laughed pretty damn hard a couple times per episode. Not bad for a 20 minute cartoon made for children.

Old 10-10-2012, 01:37 AM   #87
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowen View Post
turtle temper

This has been an issue in every turtles cartoon. go rewatch if you don't believe me. they only stab/slash robots and inanimate objects. which makes you wonder why they even bothered giving the pacifist turtles (Mikey/Donny) blades in this one.

Last edited by pr0xyt0xin; 10-10-2012 at 01:41 AM.
pr0xyt0xin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 01:40 AM   #88
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
My God, this crap was awful. I'm not going to complain too much though, because I got what I wanted out a toon with the 2k3 and what I wanted out of a movie with the 1990 version.
While I prefer you die-hard fans of 2003 over the naive die-hard fans of 1987, I still just think its just awesome to have the turtles on TV again. Especially with so much effort put into everything (writing, casting, toys, etc.)

Old 10-10-2012, 10:44 AM   #89
ShredderX
Side-Kick

It would be pretty awesome if Nick showed re-runs of the 87 toon and the 2003 toon to coincide with the new 2012 toon.

ShredderX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 02:04 PM   #90
spidermanJLA!~
SUPERHERO

Don't want to confuse people now...

spidermanJLA!~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 04:53 PM   #91
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

Yeah, lol that would be a flustercuck. However, if they were to have a sequel to the ever popular (among turtles fans) Turtles Forever, starring the new ensemble.

Well, I think I'd be okay with that.

the only problem would be, who would Rob Paulsen voice?!

Old 10-10-2012, 05:14 PM   #92
spidermanJLA!~
SUPERHERO

Turtles Forever was a great TMNT "Broken fourth wall" film. (when they have different realities and stuff) I wish most characters had films like that. But rights and stuff...

spidermanJLA!~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 07:43 PM   #93
bell110
Drunk on Capitol Hill

So, I've only watched the first 15 minutes of the first episode so far. I can't stand the "anime emotions". Like the eyes suddenly change, or lightning bolts appear over their head. Doesn't feel right, especially because it's CGI.

bell110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 12:24 PM   #94
Rowen
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by pr0xyt0xin View Post
This has been an issue in every turtles cartoon. go rewatch if you don't believe me. they only stab/slash robots and inanimate objects. which makes you wonder why they even bothered giving the pacifist turtles (Mikey/Donny) blades in this one.

I don't need to rewatch it, i know that the turtles stab robots and not humans, im just perticulating that the turtles probaly shouldin't have wepans since they can't use them properly.

Old 10-12-2012, 05:50 PM   #95
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

haha, yeah. i didnt mean that to sound rude. I completely agree with you. Its nonsense. We need an Adult Swim TMNT or something. I want to see some GORE

Old 10-13-2012, 10:49 AM   #96
Rowen
Side-Kick

new friend old enemy

this episode rocks, the main focus of the episode was mikey, i was kinda sad to see the main villin betray mikey. but mikey learned the hard way about trusting people. and at the end of the episode i like raphs litttle talk with mikey was sort of uplifting, since raph picks on mikey alot. this episode reminds me of the episode in gargoyels .

where goliof and lexton get betrayed by the jackle clan. more to lexington than goliof. i wish i had a vcr, so i could of recorded it and watch it as many tines i want to.

Old 10-13-2012, 11:47 AM   #97
BillPardy
Side-Kick

I haven't watched the show yet, but I find it strange they changed their weapons up.

BillPardy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 01:34 PM   #98
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

Another quality episode. I'm definitely liking this show.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

I think we have our spin on Bebop and Rocksteady. Xever and Bradford, "Dog Pound" and "FishFace."

Old 10-13-2012, 01:45 PM   #99
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillPardy View Post
I haven't watched the show yet, but I find it strange they changed their weapons up.
Give it a shot. I won't deny its strange. Mikey and Donny are pacifists, why give them blades? But they still use the nunchucks and bo staff respectively, and more often than the alternatives. I imagine there will be scenes where bonking enemies on the head won't cut it (mouser robots and the like).

If thats your only issue with what you've seen of the show I bet you'll like it. Its got great action and comedy and if you like CGI you and this show will become fast friends.

Old 10-15-2012, 11:07 AM   #100
Casius--J
Web Master

Ok finally getting around to write what i think about this show. When I first saw the images I was unsure and then the preview came out and I didn't really like what i saw.

However after 4 episodes now I can honestly say I really enjoy this show. I love the style of CGI they went with, reminds me of the Penguins of Madagascar. Also I like the different types of art they introduce throughout the show, such as the flash backs are in a still mangaish style which i think is creative.

The personalities of the Turtles themselves are spot on and I agree it actually feels like they are teenagers in this one.

Very much looking forward to the rest of the season.

Only nitpick I have is the Voice of Shredder, I think Kevin Michael Richardson is being overused at this point and I don't think his voice really fits Shredder. It would have been awesome if they got James Avery back but thats a fanboys wishful thinking lol.

Casius--J is offline   Reply With Quote