Freethinker

Default Re: Ultimate One Universe RPG: OOC Thread

Approved!

Old 08-21-2012, 07:53 PM   #77
Belvedere
Side-Kick

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Yeah, I got really bored and discovered Hero Machine still existed. This is about as close as I could get to what Danny'll look like once he's finally the Iron Fist. Which won't be for a while.

Trying to make a mask on that thing is a pain.

Belvedere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 08:15 PM   #78
Andy C.
Repent, Harlequin!

God, not being able to post is driving me nuts. Thanks to my training schedule, I have about two hours between the time I get back from class and the time I have to go to bed to make sure I'm awake in time for tomorrow's training, and in that time I have tons of homework to do. So I basically have enough time to look at the boards and realize I don't have enough time to write a decent post (and I will not throw up some slapped-together crap just for the sake of having a post up).

I know the game's brand new and everyone's still getting their stuff started, but I already feel like I'm missing the boat. Like, by the time I get Superman off the ground, everyone else will be up and running and Supes will just be some johnny-come-lately.

That, and the fact that the Superman knock-off has already shown up before Superman himself means that I have already failed as a player, and thus will have to throw myself off the nearest cliff (not a knock on Bk by any stretch--your stuff is awesome. But I was rather hoping on being able to do the whole "Superman was first" thing and now that's out the window, so I've gotta start from scratch)

Last edited by Andy C.; 08-21-2012 at 08:23 PM.
Andy C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 08:21 PM   #79
Byrd Man
El Hombre Pájaro

Ultimate One Universe Characters Application

Character Name: Richard "Dick" Grayson

Alignment (Hero, Villain, Walking the Line): Hero

Character Speech Color and Font (actually say what it is, like Blue Comic Sans): Bold, trebuchet MS, and navy for Dick/Dark Red for when he's in costume.

Powers and Abilities: No powers, but Dick is an expert acrobat and trained hand to hand combat fighter. In addition to that, Dick is also a trained police officer.

Character Origin/Backstory:
Dick Grayson was born to Mary and Richard Grayson, star acrobats at Haley's Circus. Dick was trained how to become an acrobat before he could even walk. By the time he was seven, he was part of the family act, The Flying Graysons.

One night, fifteen years ago, disaster struck when an "accident" lead to Dick's parents and brother plummeting to their death. Lost and alone in the world, Dick's life was saved by a kind stranger.

That man was Matt Murdock.

A blind man, Murdock was also a prominent lawyer and was able to convince the court system that Dick would be safe in his care. The state of New York granted Murdock sole custody over the sole surviving Grayson. Matt revealed to Dick that his family's death hadn't been an accident. It was sabotage from a low-rent thug named Tony Zucco. Zucco was scaring the circus into paying protection money. Angry and wanting justice for his family, Murdock sat Dick down and told him a story.

In the early 60's, Matt's own father, a boxer named Jack Murdock who had refused to take a fall, had been killed by a mobster. The court system wouldn't convict the man, nicknamed the Fixer. Matt bided his time and waited. That was when Matt revealed to Dick that he was much more than blind. An accident as a child had granted him hype-sense and a radar sense that practically gave him sight. Matt focused on becoming a lawyer while he planned on how to seek justice. Soon after graduating Columbia University, he had his plan. Using his father's own boxing robes, Matt fashioned a costume to hide his identity. He sought out the man who killed his father not as Matthew Murdock, but as Daredevil: The Man Without Fear. His work led to the Fixer confessing to Jack Murdock's murder.

For nearly ten years, he operated in and around New York's Hell's Kitchen. He retired in 1982 and hung up his horns for good. Although he wouldn't explain to Dick why, Dick had noticed his guardian walked with a noticeable limp. Matt's offer was simple. Over the years since his retirement, he had noticed the work he had done was being erased. New criminals were rising, people in the Kitchen were running scared again. They needed new hope. They needed a man without fear once more. Dick agreed to be taken under Matt's wing and be trained as the new generation's Daredevil.

Now, Dick works with the NYPD as a beat cop. At night, he takes to the rooftops of Hell's Kitchen. With Matt Murdock as his mentor, he takes on the criminals and those that prey on the fearful as Daredevil: The Man Without Fear!

What Makes This Version "Ultimate": Well, Dick Grayson is Daredevil for starters. That, and there will be some changes to his rogue's gallery. Oh, and Daredevil can see.

What can you bring to the RPG:
Yo momma. Oh, and another character.

Provide a short sample post as your desired character, in three paragraphs or more:

Hell's Kitchen

"You're late," Matt Murdock said as soon as the door to his loft opened.

"How long have you been waiting to say that?" Dick asked as he shut the door. He was still dressed in his police uniform.

"Since I heard your heartbeat halfway down the block."

Dick walked through the hallway to the living room. Matt was in his recliner, his cane by his side. At the window beside him, the sun could be seen ducking down behind Manhattan's skyscrapers.

"Sorry, but my shift ran late. Garcia and I had to respond to a 12-10 down in Alphabet City."

"Any good intel from the NYPD?"

"There's been some robberies going down on the docks. Detectives figure it's the stevedores boosting stuff off the boats, but they told any and all uniforms to look out for any stolen merchandise that looks too new. Figured I'd head down there and keep a look out tonight."

"Good. Very good."

Matt stood up from his chair and grabbed his stick. Instead of using the cane to tap and feel his way forward, he put his weight on it and walked with a limp towards the far wall. The wall was a shrine of sorts to Jack Murdock. There was a fight poster of one his fights, photos of the old heavyweight in action, and a pair of his boxing gloves. Matt yanked on the boxing gloves and stepped back as a section of the wall opened up and swung outwards.

"C'mon, Dick, you're wasting darkness."

Dick nodded and caught himself from doing the gesture. Instead, he followed Murdock through the hidden passage and into the wall.

"People never lie so much as after a hunt, during a war or before an election."
-- Otto von Bismarck

Below The Bible Belt
Southern Hospitality - Delivered Monthly
Byrd Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 08:33 PM   #80
Eddie Brock
Golden Domer

... F***, I hate myself for not thinking of that.

Eddie Brock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 09:28 PM   #81
Eddie Brock
Golden Domer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belvedere View Post

Yeah, I got really bored and discovered Hero Machine still existed. This is about as close as I could get to what Danny'll look like once he's finally the Iron Fist. Which won't be for a while.

Trying to make a mask on that thing is a pain.
Yeah, HeroMachine is imperfect at best. This is the best I could do for Ultimate Cap:

Old 08-21-2012, 09:52 PM   #82
Johnny Blaze
Freethinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy C. View Post
God, not being able to post is driving me nuts. Thanks to my training schedule, I have about two hours between the time I get back from class and the time I have to go to bed to make sure I'm awake in time for tomorrow's training, and in that time I have tons of homework to do. So I basically have enough time to look at the boards and realize I don't have enough time to write a decent post (and I will not throw up some slapped-together crap just for the sake of having a post up).

I know the game's brand new and everyone's still getting their stuff started, but I already feel like I'm missing the boat. Like, by the time I get Superman off the ground, everyone else will be up and running and Supes will just be some johnny-come-lately.

That, and the fact that the Superman knock-off has already shown up before Superman himself means that I have already failed as a player, and thus will have to throw myself off the nearest cliff (not a knock on Bk by any stretch--your stuff is awesome. But I was rather hoping on being able to do the whole "Superman was first" thing and now that's out the window, so I've gotta start from scratch)
Why couldn't you still do the "Superman was first" angle? Wouldn't it be as simple as just having the origin set in the game's recent past, or am I missing something completely?

Old 08-22-2012, 02:27 AM   #83
Eddie Brock
Golden Domer

Character Name: Barry Allen / The Flash

Character Speech Color and Font (actually say what it is, like Blue Comic Sans): Red Trebuchet MS for Barry / Bold Red Trebuchet MS for Flash

Powers and Abilities: Barry possesses the power of superspeed, which will get progressively stronger and faster as time goes on. His speed allows him to do a great many things, among which include: running on water, running up sheer surfaces, creating a tornado vortex by running in a circle, vibrating his molecules so quickly that he becomes intangible, etc. He is immune to friction and capable of surviving high-speed collisions and impacts. Additionally, his metabolism is supercharged, affording him accelerated healing at the cost of constantly requiring calories to burn.

Barry Allen was born to Henry and Nora Allen in Central City, Missouri. His father, Henry, was a retired police detective and served as young Barry's role model. Barry also had a younger brother named Bart. Growing up, Barry was lazy and lacked conviction. He spent most of high school watching life pass him by. However, when the opportunity presented itself to attend Central City University, Barry finally took charge of his future and seized the moment.

At CCU, Barry discovered a passion for science. Mentoring under Professor Edward Thawne, a respected name in the study of particle physics, Barry began to excel. He still frustrated friends and family alike with his frequent tardiness and overly carefree attitude, but at least he had found purpose - in more ways than one. Barry pined after classmate Iris West, completely oblivious to the romantic interests of a fellow science student and close friend, Debra Whitman.

One night, Barry made a decision to work late at the lab which would change the course of his life forever. There was an accident involving a particle accelerator, and Barry was enveloped in a strange energy field. When he awoke the next morning, he found that he could move at superhuman speeds. Taking on the name of Flash - in honor of the famous WWII superhero and Invader - Barry became Central City's fastest man alive!

What Makes This Version "Ultimate": Well, to begin with, Barry is still only a college student. His parents are both alive, and Bart Allen is Barry's younger brother - rather than his grandson from the future. There's no Wally West in the picture (not yet, anyway), and the rest of Barry's supporting cast has been re-tweaked to fit the new world.

Beer? A nice shandy, maybe? But in all seriousness, I've always liked Flash, but I never knew enough about the mythos to play him. Well, in this universe that isn't a problem, so I'm free to bring Flash into action.

Provide a short sample post as your desired character, in three paragraphs or more:

"Bartholomew Henry Allen, you are going to be late to your own funeral."

Uh-oh. Deb used my full name. "Bartholomew." Yeah, thanks for that, Mom and Dad. Anyway, Deb must be really upset with me if she used my full name. I mean, I don't blame her. I was late. Again. But it's not like I mean to be. I just get sidetracked, and I lose track of time. And before you know it, I remember that there's somewhere I was supposed to be, and I'm already late, and you know how it is trying to get across town at this hour. Oh, who am I kidding? She's probably right. I will be late to my own funeral, but isn't that better than being early?

"Sorry, Deb," I say, though I know she's heard that a million times. "But you know how it is. Professor Thawne and I are this close to a breakthrough!"

She gives me a cold stare.

"Right. No shop talk," I apologize. On any other occasion, I'm sure she'd be thrilled to hear about how things are going in Professor Thawne's lab. Deb is like me. She's fascinated by science. But this isn't "any other occasion." This is my birthday, and I agreed that I'd go out for drinks with friends and leave the lab in the lab. Sensing that Deb is still annoyed, I venture, "Say, have I ever told you how perfectly those glasses frame your beautiful eyes?"

"You wish you were that smooth," Deb fires back, and I swear the temperature in the room drops five degrees. She'll come around, though. I hate to admit it, but I do this to her all the time. She must be adapted to it by now. Rolling her eyes, she says, "Come on, birthday boy. Some of us agreed to wait for you to get drinks, and we're starting to get antsy."

I nod. "Right." I hold open the door for her as a gesture of peace, and she does crack half a smile. Barry, you dodged a serious bullet this time, buddy.

Old 08-22-2012, 04:53 AM   #84
bkhedr
Man of Mayhem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy C. View Post

I can change my plans a bit if you want Andy. I mean, admittedly the Sentry is a total Superman knock off but with this being a brand new reality I was hoping to make him more of his own man and build off the original Jenkins' conception of his place in the superhero community, but its not necessary to my plans so I'd be willing to concede that role to your Supes.

"Kneel before Zod!"
bkhedr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 05:34 AM   #85
Andy C.
Repent, Harlequin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Blaze View Post
Why couldn't you still do the "Superman was first" angle? Wouldn't it be as simple as just having the origin set in the game's recent past, or am I missing something completely?
I'll probably do something like that. I do plan on having most of my 'origin story' arc take place in flashbacks, so it wouldn't be too difficult to make that happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkhedr View Post
I can change my plans a bit if you want Andy. I mean, admittedly the Sentry is a total Superman knock off but with this being a brand new reality I was hoping to make him more of his own man and build off the original Jenkins' conception of his place in the superhero community, but its not necessary to my plans so I'd be willing to concede that role to your Supes.
Y'all don't have to change anything; I'm just being a drama queen out of frustration from being unable to sit down and post.

Andy C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 08:56 AM   #86
Belvedere
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Brock View Post
Awesome GIF is awesome.

Old 08-23-2012, 08:21 PM   #87
Batman
Dramatic Example
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrd Man View Post

Ultimate One Universe Characters Application

Character Name: Richard "Dick" Grayson

Character Speech Color and Font (actually say what it is, like Blue Comic Sans): Bold, trebuchet MS, and navy for Dick/Dark Red for when he's in costume.

Powers and Abilities: No powers, but Dick is an expert acrobat and trained hand to hand combat fighter. In addition to that, Dick is also a trained police officer.

Dick Grayson was born to Mary and Richard Grayson, star acrobats at Haley's Circus. Dick was trained how to become an acrobat before he could even walk. By the time he was seven, he was part of the family act, The Flying Graysons.

One night, fifteen years ago, disaster struck when an "accident" lead to Dick's parents and brother plummeting to their death. Lost and alone in the world, Dick's life was saved by a kind stranger.

That man was Matt Murdock.

A blind man, Murdock was also a prominent lawyer and was able to convince the court system that Dick would be safe in his care. The state of New York granted Murdock sole custody over the sole surviving Grayson. Matt revealed to Dick that his family's death hadn't been an accident. It was sabotage from a low-rent thug named Tony Zucco. Zucco was scaring the circus into paying protection money. Angry and wanting justice for his family, Murdock sat Dick down and told him a story.

In the early 60's, Matt's own father, a boxer named Jack Murdock who had refused to take a fall, had been killed by a mobster. The court system wouldn't convict the man, nicknamed the Fixer. Matt bided his time and waited. That was when Matt revealed to Dick that he was much more than blind. An accident as a child had granted him hype-sense and a radar sense that practically gave him sight. Matt focused on becoming a lawyer while he planned on how to seek justice. Soon after graduating Columbia University, he had his plan. Using his father's own boxing robes, Matt fashioned a costume to hide his identity. He sought out the man who killed his father not as Matthew Murdock, but as Daredevil: The Man Without Fear. His work led to the Fixer confessing to Jack Murdock's murder.

For nearly ten years, he operated in and around New York's Hell's Kitchen. He retired in 1982 and hung up his horns for good. Although he wouldn't explain to Dick why, Dick had noticed his guardian walked with a noticeable limp. Matt's offer was simple. Over the years since his retirement, he had noticed the work he had done was being erased. New criminals were rising, people in the Kitchen were running scared again. They needed new hope. They needed a man without fear once more. Dick agreed to be taken under Matt's wing and be trained as the new generation's Daredevil.

Now, Dick works with the NYPD as a beat cop. At night, he takes to the rooftops of Hell's Kitchen. With Matt Murdock as his mentor, he takes on the criminals and those that prey on the fearful as Daredevil: The Man Without Fear!

What Makes This Version "Ultimate": Well, Dick Grayson is Daredevil for starters. That, and there will be some changes to his rogue's gallery. Oh, and Daredevil can see.

Yo momma. Oh, and another character.

Hell's Kitchen

"You're late," Matt Murdock said as soon as the door to his loft opened.

"How long have you been waiting to say that?" Dick asked as he shut the door. He was still dressed in his police uniform.

"Since I heard your heartbeat halfway down the block."

Dick walked through the hallway to the living room. Matt was in his recliner, his cane by his side. At the window beside him, the sun could be seen ducking down behind Manhattan's skyscrapers.

"Sorry, but my shift ran late. Garcia and I had to respond to a 12-10 down in Alphabet City."

"Any good intel from the NYPD?"

"There's been some robberies going down on the docks. Detectives figure it's the stevedores boosting stuff off the boats, but they told any and all uniforms to look out for any stolen merchandise that looks too new. Figured I'd head down there and keep a look out tonight."

"Good. Very good."

Matt stood up from his chair and grabbed his stick. Instead of using the cane to tap and feel his way forward, he put his weight on it and walked with a limp towards the far wall. The wall was a shrine of sorts to Jack Murdock. There was a fight poster of one his fights, photos of the old heavyweight in action, and a pair of his boxing gloves. Matt yanked on the boxing gloves and stepped back as a section of the wall opened up and swung outwards.

"C'mon, Dick, you're wasting darkness."

Dick nodded and caught himself from doing the gesture. Instead, he followed Murdock through the hidden passage and into the wall.
Given that I know you got permission from Carnage to use Dick, and JB hasn't dismissed the concept otherwise, I'm just gonna go ahead and say that you're...

Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 08:56 PM   #88
Johnny Blaze
Freethinker

So...who's up for allowing a 3rd character?

Old 08-23-2012, 08:58 PM   #89
Byrd Man
El Hombre Pájaro

As an AGM, I approve of it, I just won't partake.

-- Otto von Bismarck

Below The Bible Belt
Old 08-23-2012, 09:05 PM   #90
Carnage27
No one's puppet

Personally I don't have an interest in one, but I don't see why not.

Old 08-23-2012, 10:53 PM   #91
Batman
Dramatic Example
SHH! Global Moderator

You want to branch out into a third, JB, you go ahead. Maybe leave it up to the GM/AGM discretion to decide whether an applicant can apply for one, but I don't see how it can really harm the game. If anything, what'd ruin it is a lack of self control, which is why I say establish the aforementioned guideline and enforce it pretty heavily.

Personally, I don't really need one. Once I establish Blake and integrate him into my Wonder Woman story, I could easily just drop him for awhile to play a new second character. Which I might do if I can decide on one.

Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 06:10 PM   #92
Johnny Blaze
Freethinker

Thanks for the replies all, much appreciated.

After hearing your opinions and giving it some thought I'm going to allow a 3rd character but with intense GM scrutiny, taking into factor not only this game but other games the poster may/may not be in.

In any case with 3rd characters being allowed, I'll throw up an app here in a minute for Batman and Byrd to scrutinize and give a or .

Old 08-24-2012, 06:13 PM   #93
Byrd Man
El Hombre Pájaro

Tim to get my "DENIED" picture ready...

-- Otto von Bismarck

Below The Bible Belt
Old 08-24-2012, 06:32 PM   #94
Johnny Blaze
Freethinker

Character Name: Norrin Radd, Green Lantern

Character Speech Font and Color: Green, Book Antiqua

Powers and Abilities:
Taken from the DC Database...

The rings use pure energy which takes the form of bright green light. This energy is the green light of willpower of the Emotional Electromagnetic Spectrum. A Green Lantern's ring, considered by some to be one of the most powerful weapons in the known universe, has the ability to affect and use fundamental forces of the known universe, including electromagnetic energies such as gravity, radiation, heat, light, and powerful blasts of concussive force. It is also theorized that the ring also has a basis in other dimensional energies commonly called magic by users of such energies. The ring can also create fields of force formed from an unknown energy that is bound by the users' will. The limitations of such use are the skill, knowledge and imagination of the user.

Some of the abilities that a Green Lantern Ring has shown are: Energy Projection, Force Fields, Energy Construct Creation, Phasing, Environmental Playback, Invisibility and Light Refraction, Energy Absorption, Flight (Including Flight in Space), Functions as a Galactic Encyclopedia and Universal Translator, Telepathic Link, etc.

Character Origin/Backstory: Norrin Radd was a scholar on the planet Zenn-La. Zenn-La was known throughout the galaxy as a bastion for knowledge and invention. Some of the greatest minds in existence traveled and studied their arts here.
Norrin himself was a great artist, specifically in sculpting. He had it made on Zenn-La: a home, a lucrative job, and a beautiful woman in Shalla Bal. But despite it all, Norrin was restless. He dreamed of exploring the stars, but was always too afraid to leave.
Silently he wished for the excitement he craved, and one day it came calling...

Three Green Lanterns suddenly appeared on Zenn-La, and they were quickly followed by two yellow and one black lantern. The battle they waged laid waste to the countryside. Many died in the struggle, including two of the green lanterns.
The final lantern stood defiantly against his attackers. The yellow lanterns charged, but somehow the green lantern was able to fend them off and kill them, sending their rings flying out into space looking for their next wielders.
Norrin watched on in amazement from distance as the black lantern engaged the green one. The battle was pure destruction, and, despite the danger, Norrin fought past his fears and came closer.

Finally arriving behind a half destroyed wall that was once a building, Norrin peered over the rubble to see the black lantern only a dozen yards away and crouching over the bleeding green.
Something rose up in Norrin. It was as though a fire ignited in his gut, dispelling all thoughts against what he knew he had to do. Grabbing a spear, Norrin came at the black lantern, stabbing the point down into the lantern's back.

The spear tip shattered against the black lantern's shields, and the lantern casually swatted Norrin away. Norrin skipped across the hard ground, eventually smacking into a overturned vehicle.
But before the black lantern could finish him off, the green lantern used the distraction Norrin provided to unleash a blast of emerald energy that atomized the black lantern along with his ring.

The green lantern helped Norrin up and thanked him for his bravery. He introduced himself as Abin Sur, and the two rings of the fallen green lanterns shot out, seemingly, into space to find the next one's worthy of their power. But one didn't travel very far before turning around and finding it's way onto Norrin's finger.
The courage and force of will Norrin showed in combating a threat he knew he had no chance against was enough to convince the ring of his worthiness.

Norrin Radd said his goodbyes to Shalla Bal and Zenn-La, swearing that he'd return one day, and left with Abin Sur to learn what it means to be a green lantern. It's been many years since that fateful day, and now Norrin is one of the veteran members of what's left of the Green Lantern Corps.
Scattered and leaderless, Abin Sur is trying to gather them together under his banner to fight against the forces of Krona and Parallax. And Norrin is his right their at his teacher and friend's side as they try and bring light back to the universe...

What Makes This Version "Ultimate": Norrin has no encounter with Galactus, instead he comes in to contact with the Corps and becomes a Green Lantern.
The Lantern Corps and Guardians are set up differently in this game world, and here we go (warning, it is a bit long)

In the beginning, there were the Guardians. Ancient creatures of cosmic power that were born when the universe was still primordial. Together they pooled their powers and brought order to the cosmos.

And in order to keep and maintain this order they tapped into the spectrum of power: Green for will, Blue for Hope, Yellow for Fear, Pink for Love, Red for Rage, Indigo for compassion, Orange for Avarice, and Black for Death. They were a pantheon of cosmic deities, and each of the eight Guardians that survived their Universal Cleansing commanded one of the colors of the emotional spectrum.

Knowing they needed help in maintaining order throughout the universe, the Guardians created the Central Batteries, giant artifacts of power that harnessed the emotional spectrum. With these batteries in place, the Guardians created the rings that would become famously used to weild the power those batteries generated.
And with the foundation in place, the Guardians went and recruited sentients worthy to wield their gifts and keep order in the universe in their names.
Thus the Lantern Corps were born.

Throughout the millennia the Lanterns kept their Guardian's ideals alive throughout the cosmos, but like all empires, it came crashing down from within. The Guardian of the Black, Krona, betrayed his brothers, killing them and extinguishing their lights from existence.
The Yellow Guardian of Fear, Parallax, aided Krona in the assault, killing all the Guardians save one, the Guardian of the Will, Ganthet.

Ganthet escaped the initial attack, and made his way to the Green Power Battery. Using all of his cosmic might, Ganthet blew the Central Battery, shattering Oa in two and scattering the other batteries across the stars.
But Ganthet did not leave his lanterns stranded. As the energy exploded from the battery, Ganthet used his power in conjunction with the raw emerald energy and dispersed it throughout the universe along with his life essence, making his lanterns able to keep functioning despite the destruction of their Central Battery.

Unfortunately, The Black and Yellow Batteries survived too, and the Lantern Corps of Krona and Parallax undertaken a universal hunt for all surviving Green Lanterns, even putting out a high priced bounty on their rings.
Most Green Lanterns now have gone into hiding, accepting their defeat and living out the rest of their lives as mundane as possible. Some though continue to fight, never giving up home that the Corps can be restored to it's former glory. But they face a nigh impossible struggle with nearly an entire universe after their rings...

What can you bring to the RPG: Experience

Sample Post (provide a short post of at least 3 paragraphs and 1 line of dialogue for your character):

"Thank you for your aid"
, Norrin said with a respectful bow.
"We could not have made it without you."

Green Lantern Norrin Radd and Green Lantern Tomar Re stood on the balcony of the palace of the Titans, who resided on the moon of Saturn which name they bore.

"It was the least we could do", Mentor, the leader of the Titans, smiled.
"The Green Lantern Corps was once a symbol of peace and justice throughout the galaxy...I look forward to see that day rise again."

"As do I, Mentor", Norrin returned the smile. It was rare for a green lantern to make friends in the universe, so when they did, they were sure to remember them.
"I look forward to next time we meet."

"As do I, my friend", Mentor replied as the green lanterns slowly floated into the sky.
"May The Source look after you, Norrin Radd!"

Norrin and Tomar Re made it into orbit around Titan and began to discuss their next move when Tomar spotted it out of the corner of his eye.

"Wait...a yellow, over there!"

"I see him", Norrin stated as the yellow lantern that was watching them darted off upon being spotted.

"Quickly", Norrin shouted as both he and Tomar Re took off after the fear lantern with as much speed as they could muster.
"We have to catch him before he alerts Lord Sinestro that we are here!"

Norrin and Tomar closed in and the yellow lantern who tried to use the gravity of the red planet to slingshot himself and increase his distance from his emerald pursuers.
But Norrin and Tomar were no rookies. They saw the trick before the fear lantern could pull it off and used their rings to block his trajectory.

The yellow lantern was stopped and turned, firing wildly at the green lanterns. Norrin deftly avoided the barrage as he flew in at the yellow at break neck speed.
One blast though cut through Tomar Re's chest, and the lantern stopped dead in space, leaving Norrin to shoot past him.

"TOMAR", Norrin shouted in vain as he looked back at his fallen friend.

"You", Norrin gritted his teeth and came at the yellow lantern, his fist connecting with the lantern's jaw, exploding in a green burst of light.
The yellow lantern was sent sailing head over heels into across space...

Last edited by Johnny Blaze; 08-24-2012 at 08:15 PM.
Johnny Blaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 06:35 PM   #95
Byrd Man
El Hombre Pájaro

Damn, son. Hell of an idea. Oh, also, EBJ is APPROVED as Flash. Forgot about that one.

-- Otto von Bismarck

Below The Bible Belt
Old 08-25-2012, 07:27 PM   #96
Hound55
Byfar The Most Evil Thing

Almost finished on this damned Question post... Sorry for the lengthy delay, but it's a pretty long post.

16,18, not much difference mentally or physically. It's a number over there. Here however it's the difference between mid life crisis with hot chicks with daddy issues and pound me in the ass prison. - Anubis

More Anubis' greatest hits:
"Families are Gods way of teaching us to get along with people we don't particularly like."
Hound55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 06:35 PM   #97
Byrd Man
El Hombre Pájaro

JB is APPROVED for GL.

-- Otto von Bismarck

Below The Bible Belt
Old 08-26-2012, 06:45 PM   #98
Eddie Brock
Golden Domer

Anyone particularly care if I co-opt Snapper Carr as one of Barry Allen's college buddies?

Old 08-26-2012, 07:30 PM   #99
Byrd Man
El Hombre Pájaro

....And there goes my big reveal on this world's Apocalypse.

-- Otto von Bismarck

Below The Bible Belt
Old 08-27-2012, 10:37 AM   #100
Belvedere
Side-Kick

Having planned out a couple of dozens of posts ahead for Danny, I'm starting to understand why the call it the slow burn.

God, I hope I have the stamina for this. (inb4 that's what she said)