The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Justice League > Justice League Parts One & Two

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-22-2012, 11:39 PM   #76
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic
 
charl_huntress's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Outside the doors of Arkham Ayslum
Posts: 10,836
Default Re: The Arthur Curry/Aquaman Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcvader View Post
Imagine if Aquaman unleashed a school of candiru fish on someone. That would just be cruel.

lol...so I had no idea what a candiru fish was so I looked it up and came across an intersting youtube.


Marc....dude...you are cruel to suggest Aquaman would do that...lol

__________________
Mission Accomplished!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowsdower! View Post
I've heard so many people talk about how Superman would kill Lois if they ever had sex, but I've never heard someone make this point before and it's brilliant. If Superman's bodily fluids are so dangerous, then he'd have to use a kryptonite toilet every time he takes a dump.
charl_huntress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 12:16 AM   #77
The Guard
Side-Kick
 
The Guard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 26,100
Default Re: The Arthur Curry/Aquaman Thread

And this is why I just laugh when someone parrots the old "Aquaman is lame" thing.

Nope, most people just lack knowledge of the character and imagination.

__________________
Writer and Lyricist of GOTHAM'S KNIGHT: THE BATMAN MUSICAL

And if I'm right
The future's looking bright
A symbol in the skies at night
The Guard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 03:22 AM   #78
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic
 
charl_huntress's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Outside the doors of Arkham Ayslum
Posts: 10,836
Default Re: The Arthur Curry/Aquaman Thread

thehuntress_525
Green Lantern


Joined: 23 Jun 2003
Posts: 1264
Location: Outside the doors of Arkham Asylum
Posted: Wed May 24, 2006 12:04 amPost subject: What's the Deal with Folks Not Liking Aquaman?

Okay, one of my friends was saying that Aquaman is...well...for lack of any better word...garbage. He went on and on about how corny he is, and how most comic geeks/DCAU geeks/fanboys/fangirls don't like him. I never really knew this. I mean, I don't think Aquaman is the shiznit like I know Superman is, but I didn't think he was that disrespected in the DC universe. I've always thought the ability to talk to fish was pretty cool, though I was never jazzed by the water hand. I don't like the orange and green, but hey...it's a costume and swimsuit to boot!

Since the poor hero's first prime time show was axed without a second thought, and considering his limited appearance on JL/JLU...as well as his...uhhh...very talked about appearance on STAS. I'd thought I'd ask what is the deal with people not liking Aquaman?

Please don't flame and set some fanboy/gurl off...I just want to know why he get so little respect considering he's been around a long time. Is it because he has a limited base of operation? Is it the green and orange suit?

What is the deal?

Let's talk about this....

__________________
Mission Accomplished!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowsdower! View Post
I've heard so many people talk about how Superman would kill Lois if they ever had sex, but I've never heard someone make this point before and it's brilliant. If Superman's bodily fluids are so dangerous, then he'd have to use a kryptonite toilet every time he takes a dump.

Last edited by charl_huntress; 08-23-2012 at 03:43 AM.
charl_huntress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 03:42 AM   #79
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic
 
charl_huntress's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Outside the doors of Arkham Ayslum
Posts: 10,836
Default Re: The Arthur Curry/Aquaman Thread

The brillance of ARM:


MY GOD you guys need some comic book schooling as to perhaps the most dangerous and versatile character in the DCU AND I'm not talking about Kurt Busiek's new knockoff of JLU's "Conan of the Sea" animated brilliance.


Aquaman has only Wonder Woman in sharing the rarest of distinctions in all of comics of characters that possess massive super strength (over 60 tons), speed, agility, martial arts, telepathy (partial human) , battle tact and leadership in the same package.

I will now provide scans of just what Aquaman can do if the writer has his poo together because I'm so enraged by the sheer humanoid Superfriends ignorance of this thread that I may say something offensive and virtiolic and I'll feel bad about in two weeks. You are warned if you dis Aquaman you'll have me to contend with and I come to the table with a virtual bible of knowledge, Aqua-rage, and hardcopy proof from decades.

__________________
Mission Accomplished!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowsdower! View Post
I've heard so many people talk about how Superman would kill Lois if they ever had sex, but I've never heard someone make this point before and it's brilliant. If Superman's bodily fluids are so dangerous, then he'd have to use a kryptonite toilet every time he takes a dump.
charl_huntress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 03:50 AM   #80
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic
 
charl_huntress's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Outside the doors of Arkham Ayslum
Posts: 10,836
Default Re: The Arthur Curry/Aquaman Thread

Aquaman vs Despero in a Geoff Johns JLA of 2006 (after Despero just got the better of J'onn)

Aquaman has a great showing against Despero.
1A. http://img68.imageshack.us/my.php?image=aquamanvsdesperoresize11zm.jpg
1B.http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/562...spero010ep.jpg 2. http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/4625/aquamanvsdespero023lg.jpg
3. http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/3278/aquamanvsdespero036vg.jpg
4. http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/546/aquamanvsdespero046th.jpg

http://img68.imageshack.us/my.php?image=aquamanvsdesperoresize11zm.jpg

http://img140.imageshack.us/my.php?image=aquamanvsdespero2resize20yd.jpg

http://img134.imageshack.us/my.php?image=aquamanvsdespero3resize4hz.jpg

http://img135.imageshack.us/my.php?image=aquamanvsdespero4resize7eo.jpg

http://img59.imageshack.us/my.php?image=aquamanvsdespero6resize0no.jpg

http://img130.imageshack.us/my.php?image=aquamanjlaincarnrescan33ly.jpg

http://img86.imageshack.us/my.php?image=aquamanpower19rescan3vd.jpg

http://img204.imageshack.us/my.php?image=aquamanjlaincarn5resc4mi.jpg

http://img204.imageshack.us/my.php?image=aquamanjlayearone2ret7dk.jpg

http://img71.imageshack.us/my.php?image=aquamantragicjlaincarna10resca.jpg

http://img92.imageshack.us/my.php?image=aquamanrescan4jlainc0lh.jpg

http://img130.imageshack.us/my.php?image=aquamanjlaincarnrescan33ly.jpg

http://img204.imageshack.us/my.php?image=aquamanjlarescan26kw.jpg

http://img119.imageshack.us/my.php?image=aquamanscan10hf.jpg

http://img119.imageshack.us/my.php?image=aquamanscan13bw.jpg

http://img92.imageshack.us/my.php?image=aquamanvswoderwoman2qt.jpg

http://img204.imageshack.us/my.php?image=aquaman1promoartalexmaleev3lp.jpg

http://img204.imageshack.us/my.php?image=aquamanpower8rescan9js.jpg

http://img71.imageshack.us/my.php?image=aquamanpower21rescan2my.jpg

http://img204.imageshack.us/my.php?image=aquamanpower2rescan0br.jpg

__________________
Mission Accomplished!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowsdower! View Post
I've heard so many people talk about how Superman would kill Lois if they ever had sex, but I've never heard someone make this point before and it's brilliant. If Superman's bodily fluids are so dangerous, then he'd have to use a kryptonite toilet every time he takes a dump.
charl_huntress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 08:24 AM   #81
Llama_Shepherd
World's Finest
 
Llama_Shepherd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 9,601
Default Re: The Arthur Curry/Aquaman Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majik1387 View Post
Sea animals are the only ones allowed. Anyone hating on telling killer whales and sharks to help them out clearly don't understand Aquaman's awesomeness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
Aquaman shouldn't be able to telepathically communicate with any animal. Everything else sounded cool.
Unfortunately Aquaman disagrees. He can only use the parts of the brain that evolved from marine life, but he can still do it:

__________________
*\S/T*
"But that's the thing about Batman. Batman thinks of everything."
"There's always a way. When the odds are impossible- do the impossible."
Llama_Shepherd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 08:33 AM   #82
marcvader
Lurker #1
 
marcvader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: The MIA
Posts: 10,214
Default Re: The Arthur Curry/Aquaman Thread

I hate when writers do these type of things.

__________________
* * *CAPTAIN AMERICA* * *
******THE WINTER SOLDIER******
__________________#1 CBM of 2014____________________
Twitter- @mrpink13
GO PHINS
HAIL HYDRA!
marcvader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 08:42 AM   #83
Llama_Shepherd
World's Finest
 
Llama_Shepherd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 9,601
Default Re: The Arthur Curry/Aquaman Thread

What? Write characters well? Because that writer always gets critical acclaim with every character he writes. That series was praised for every issue written, and consistently high selling (Always their #1 or #2 title) when DC was pretty much in the crapper.

__________________
*\S/T*
"But that's the thing about Batman. Batman thinks of everything."
"There's always a way. When the odds are impossible- do the impossible."
Llama_Shepherd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 08:45 AM   #84
marcvader
Lurker #1
 
marcvader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: The MIA
Posts: 10,214
Default Re: The Arthur Curry/Aquaman Thread

No, I hate when writers add powers and abilities like that. It never ends. Characters get more and more powerful with each successive writer trying to outdo the next.

__________________
* * *CAPTAIN AMERICA* * *
******THE WINTER SOLDIER******
__________________#1 CBM of 2014____________________
Twitter- @mrpink13
GO PHINS
HAIL HYDRA!
marcvader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 08:50 AM   #85
Llama_Shepherd
World's Finest
 
Llama_Shepherd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 9,601
Default Re: The Arthur Curry/Aquaman Thread

No they don't. That series ended with Superman absorbing the primordial Anti-Sun of the Old Gods, a weapon that even the New Gods just accepted would kill them. Next time he appeared he was taken down with a small piece of Kryptonite.

__________________
*\S/T*
"But that's the thing about Batman. Batman thinks of everything."
"There's always a way. When the odds are impossible- do the impossible."
Llama_Shepherd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 09:06 AM   #86
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'
 
ThePowerCosmic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Hype, Superhero
Posts: 17,996
Default Re: The Arthur Curry/Aquaman Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llama_Shepherd View Post
Unfortunately Aquaman disagrees. He can only use the parts of the brain that evolved from marine life, but he can still do it:
Just because some writers have done that doesn't mean that Aquaman should be able to. Give him some barriers on his abilities for an actual movie. Humans I can live with, but him being able to do it with literally any animal (land or sea) is too much. Aquaman being able to do it with sea creatures is all that I need. Anything else seems overpowered and unnecessary.

Some writers had Superman able to blow away entire solar systems just from a sneeze. Doesn't mean he should be able to do it in a movie.

__________________
2015: Avengers: Age of Ultron, Star Wars: Episode VII, Daredevil, Ant-Man
2016: Captain America: Civil War, Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, Suicide Squad, Doctor Strange, X-Men: Apocalypse, Sinister 6, Deadpool, Gareth Edwards' Star Wars, Warcraft
ThePowerCosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 09:11 AM   #87
Llama_Shepherd
World's Finest
 
Llama_Shepherd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 9,601
Default Re: The Arthur Curry/Aquaman Thread

I wasn't exactly implying Aquaman should make a Leopard or Elephant have a seizure for poops and giggles. I only ever brought it up so that he could use it against the antagonist (or lackeys).

__________________
*\S/T*
"But that's the thing about Batman. Batman thinks of everything."
"There's always a way. When the odds are impossible- do the impossible."
Llama_Shepherd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 09:11 AM   #88
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'
 
ThePowerCosmic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Hype, Superhero
Posts: 17,996
Default Re: The Arthur Curry/Aquaman Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcvader View Post
No, I hate when writers add powers and abilities like that. It never ends. Characters get more and more powerful with each successive writer trying to outdo the next.
Exactly, there's a point when a characters' abilities can get too ridiculous depending on a writer. It doesn't matter if it gets critical acclaim. The story and characters may be fantastic, but that doesn't mean their abilities were depicted the best way.

__________________
2015: Avengers: Age of Ultron, Star Wars: Episode VII, Daredevil, Ant-Man
2016: Captain America: Civil War, Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, Suicide Squad, Doctor Strange, X-Men: Apocalypse, Sinister 6, Deadpool, Gareth Edwards' Star Wars, Warcraft
ThePowerCosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 09:14 AM   #89
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'
 
ThePowerCosmic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Hype, Superhero
Posts: 17,996
Default Re: The Arthur Curry/Aquaman Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llama_Shepherd View Post
I wasn't exactly implying Aquaman should make a Leopard or Elephant have a seizure for poops and giggles. I only ever brought it up so that he could use it against the antagonist (or lackeys).
Your earlier post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llama_Shepherd View Post

Telepathy- This doesn't just have to be fish. It's all life forms that evolved from animals that dwelt in the sea. So, all animals. He can induce seizures in people, for example. Not to mention the sea life he can summon doesn't need to just be dolphins. He can summon 50 metre sharks, the Biblical Behemoth, Kraken, Cthulu. You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger darling.
That's why I disagreed. You made it sound like you want him to telepathically command land animals exactly like he does to the sea creatures.

It's not about him being able to just do it for poops and giggles. It's about him being able to do it period. I don't want him telepathically commanding literally any animal, it just doesn't seem like Aquaman to me. More like Animal Man. Hope they don't have that version in the movie.

__________________
2015: Avengers: Age of Ultron, Star Wars: Episode VII, Daredevil, Ant-Man
2016: Captain America: Civil War, Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, Suicide Squad, Doctor Strange, X-Men: Apocalypse, Sinister 6, Deadpool, Gareth Edwards' Star Wars, Warcraft

Last edited by ThePowerCosmic; 08-23-2012 at 09:19 AM.
ThePowerCosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 09:31 AM   #90
Llama_Shepherd
World's Finest
 
Llama_Shepherd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 9,601
Default Re: The Arthur Curry/Aquaman Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
Your earlier post:



That's why I disagreed. You made it sound like you want him to telepathically command land animals exactly like he does to the sea creatures.

It's not about him being able to just do it for poops and giggles. It's about him being able to do it period. I don't want him telepathically commanding literally any animal, it just doesn't seem like Aquaman to me. More like Animal Man. Hope they don't have that version in the movie.
He's telepathic. He can manipulate areas of the brain. Areas that are from marine life. He can only command marine life to do his bidding because he is their King and they respect that. He never "talks" to them in any way. You may not like it, but that is Aquaman's power.

Personally, I don't care for Superman being depicted as anything less than what he is: a modern day interpretation of the archetypal sun god myth. Same for Batman, the ultimate secular human that rigorously prepares his body and mind for every eventuality.

For me, The Justice League should be depicted as a modern day pantheon of gods. Sitting in the castle in the heavens watching over the world.

But if the movie doesn't do that, I'm not going to complain. But I will be disappointed.

__________________
*\S/T*
"But that's the thing about Batman. Batman thinks of everything."
"There's always a way. When the odds are impossible- do the impossible."
Llama_Shepherd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 09:40 AM   #91
marcvader
Lurker #1
 
marcvader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: The MIA
Posts: 10,214
Default Re: The Arthur Curry/Aquaman Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llama_Shepherd View Post
He's telepathic. He can manipulate areas of the brain. Areas that are from marine life. He can only command marine life to do his bidding because he is their King and they respect that. He never "talks" to them in any way. You may not like it, but that is Aquaman's power.
I don't think anyone has any issues with this. It's when you say any animal because they evolved from the sea is what some of us here are taking issues with. He can talk, command, manipulate, whatever, that's fine as long as they are marine animals. I'm fine with marine plantlife as well for that matter.

__________________
* * *CAPTAIN AMERICA* * *
******THE WINTER SOLDIER******
__________________#1 CBM of 2014____________________
Twitter- @mrpink13
GO PHINS
HAIL HYDRA!
marcvader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 09:42 AM   #92
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'
 
ThePowerCosmic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Hype, Superhero
Posts: 17,996
Default Re: The Arthur Curry/Aquaman Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llama_Shepherd View Post
He's telepathic. He can manipulate areas of the brain. Areas that are from marine life. He can only command marine life to do his bidding because he is their King and they respect that. He never "talks" to them in any way. You may not like it, but that is Aquaman's power.

Personally, I don't care for Superman being depicted as anything less than what he is: a modern day interpretation of the archetypal sun god myth. Same for Batman, the ultimate secular human that rigorously prepares his body and mind for every eventuality.

For me, The Justice League should be depicted as a modern day pantheon of gods. Sitting in the castle in the heavens watching over the world.

But if the movie doesn't do that, I'm not going to complain. But I will be disappointed.
Aquaman has been able to forcibly command sea life to do what he wanted. The newest version has him "telepathically pushing" them to help him out. Where did I say he talked to them? Aquaman does not talk to fish.

I was saying the ability to telepathically push literally any animal seemed more like something Animal Man would do. That's probably why the newest version of Aquaman doesn't have him doing it. Same as how the more recent versions of Superman don't have him sneezing away entire solar systems. Just because the JL are often referred to as Gods(which I love) does not mean they shouldn't have barriers on their abilities.


Quote:
Originally Posted by marcvader View Post
I don't think anyone has any issues with this. It's when you say any animal because they evolved from the sea is what some of us here are taking issues with. He can talk, command, manipulate, whatever, that's fine as long as they are marine animals. I'm fine with marine plantlife as well for that matter.
^This.

__________________
2015: Avengers: Age of Ultron, Star Wars: Episode VII, Daredevil, Ant-Man
2016: Captain America: Civil War, Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, Suicide Squad, Doctor Strange, X-Men: Apocalypse, Sinister 6, Deadpool, Gareth Edwards' Star Wars, Warcraft

Last edited by ThePowerCosmic; 08-23-2012 at 09:47 AM.
ThePowerCosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 09:53 AM   #93
Llama_Shepherd
World's Finest
 
Llama_Shepherd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 9,601
Default Re: The Arthur Curry/Aquaman Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
Aquaman has been able to forcibly command sea life to do what he wanted. Where did I say he talked to them? Aquaman does not talk to fish.
Some people thinks he speaks to them is all. Glad you're not one of them.

Quote:
I was saying the ability to telepathically push literally any animal seemed more like something Animal Man would do.That's probably why the newest version of Aquaman doesn't have him doing it.
Allow me to rephrase then:

Aquaman, as King of Atlantis can telepathically command all marine life. However, as a telepath, he can manipulate the marine features of any brain.

Quote:
Same as how the more recent versions of Superman don't have him sneezing away entire solar systems.
No he hasn't. That was fifty years ago.

Quote:
Just because the JL are often referred to as Gods(which I love) does not mean they shouldn't have barriers on their abilities.
I have no problem with limits. To an extent. But if you do it too much they will end up facing a problem that they just have to punch into submission. Which I find absolutely preposterous, unbefitting and downright stupid. This is a world of gods, their true strength doesn't come from their powers, but from their belief, fortitude and desire to help people.

If you haven't, I really, really would suggest reading JLA v3 #1-41.

__________________
*\S/T*
"But that's the thing about Batman. Batman thinks of everything."
"There's always a way. When the odds are impossible- do the impossible."
Llama_Shepherd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 10:01 AM   #94
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'
 
ThePowerCosmic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Hype, Superhero
Posts: 17,996
Default Re: The Arthur Curry/Aquaman Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llama_Shepherd View Post
Some people thinks he speaks to them is all. Glad you're not one of them.



Allow me to rephrase then:

Aquaman, as King of Atlantis can telepathically command all marine life. However, as a telepath, he can manipulate the marine features of any brain.
Which is what I still don't agree with. Any brain(any animal) is too much. I don't want to see Aquaman telepathically pushing land animals to aid him like he does with sea creatures.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Llama_Shepherd View Post
No he hasn't. That was fifty years ago.
Indeed. Some abilities are best left in the past.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Llama_Shepherd View Post
I have no problem with limits. To an extent. But if you do it too much they will end up facing a problem that they just have to punch into submission. Which I find absolutely preposterous, unbefitting and downright stupid. This is a world of gods, their true strength doesn't come from their powers, but from their belief, fortitude and desire to help people.

If you haven't, I really, really would suggest reading JLA v3 #1-41.
This wouldn't be too much. Aquaman being able to telepathically push any animal is too much. He still retains his godlike abilities even without that one(which I feel is unnecessary). He doesn't need to punch something or someone into submission because there's still so many other things that he could do instead. I understand what you're saying about their belief, fortitude, etc. but that isn't the point of our discussion. We were discussing Aquaman's powers and what he should/shouldn't be able to do.

__________________
2015: Avengers: Age of Ultron, Star Wars: Episode VII, Daredevil, Ant-Man
2016: Captain America: Civil War, Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, Suicide Squad, Doctor Strange, X-Men: Apocalypse, Sinister 6, Deadpool, Gareth Edwards' Star Wars, Warcraft
ThePowerCosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 10:11 AM   #95
Llama_Shepherd
World's Finest
 
Llama_Shepherd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 9,601
Default Re: The Arthur Curry/Aquaman Thread

I'm not saying he can push any animal. He goes in to detail with this in the New 52 series which people seem to like, though I can't understand why. He can do it fish because they are too primitive to know otherwise. Dolphins/Whales etc recognise him as their king.

That's it. They are the only animals he can control. Primitive life like fish and those under his dominion.

But he can induce seizures in people because a portion of our brain was inherited from fish.

Just because you don't like it doesn't make it gone. I'd include it because it's friggin' awesome. For me, their is no such thing as overpowered, which is why I brought up why their real strength isn't how hard you punch something. Stories like All-Star Superman, Lucifer, Sandman, JLA, Grant Morrison's Batman and Mark Waid's Flash are amazing.

__________________
*\S/T*
"But that's the thing about Batman. Batman thinks of everything."
"There's always a way. When the odds are impossible- do the impossible."

Last edited by Llama_Shepherd; 08-23-2012 at 10:15 AM.
Llama_Shepherd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 10:15 AM   #96
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'
 
ThePowerCosmic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Hype, Superhero
Posts: 17,996
Default Re: The Arthur Curry/Aquaman Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llama_Shepherd View Post
I'm not saying he can push any animal. He goes in to detail with this in the New 52 series which people seem to like, though I can't understand why. He can do it fish because they are too primitive to know otherwise. Dolphins/Whales etc recognise him as their king.

That's it. They are the only animals he can control. Primitive life like fish and those under his dominion.

But he can induce seizures in people because a portion of our brain was inherited from fish.

Just because you don't like it doesn't make it gone. I'd include it because it's friggin' awesome. For me, their is no such thing as overpowered. Stories like All-Star Superman, Lucifer, Sandman, JLA, Grant Morrison's Batman and Mark Waid's Flash are amazing.
That isn't what I'm talking about. Your earlier comment was about him telepathically pushing all animals. I pulled it up again once, and I don't feel like doing it again. Just scroll up and read your post that I quoted, I even put the words in bold. If you don't want him telepathically pushing land animals like he does with sea creatures, then I agree. However, your earlier post didn't say that.

And if there's no such thing as overpowered to you, then no offense.. but I'm glad you aren't the one calling the shots.

__________________
2015: Avengers: Age of Ultron, Star Wars: Episode VII, Daredevil, Ant-Man
2016: Captain America: Civil War, Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, Suicide Squad, Doctor Strange, X-Men: Apocalypse, Sinister 6, Deadpool, Gareth Edwards' Star Wars, Warcraft

Last edited by ThePowerCosmic; 08-23-2012 at 10:19 AM.
ThePowerCosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 10:22 AM   #97
Llama_Shepherd
World's Finest
 
Llama_Shepherd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 9,601
Default Re: The Arthur Curry/Aquaman Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
That isn't what I'm talking about. Your earlier comment was about him telepathically pushing all animals. I pulled it up again once, and I don't feel like doing it again. Just scroll up and read your post that I quoted, I even put the words in bold. If you don't want him telepathically pushing land animals like he does with sea creatures, then I agree. However, your earlier post didn't say that.
Which is why I corrected it.

Quote:
And if there's no such thing as overpowered to you, then no offense.. but I'm glad you aren't the one calling the shots.
It's okay, I prefer substance over spectacle. Which is why I can appreciate those stories.

__________________
*\S/T*
"But that's the thing about Batman. Batman thinks of everything."
"There's always a way. When the odds are impossible- do the impossible."
Llama_Shepherd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 10:31 AM   #98
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'
 
ThePowerCosmic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Hype, Superhero
Posts: 17,996
Default Re: The Arthur Curry/Aquaman Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llama_Shepherd View Post
Which is why I corrected it.
That's good, because before it wasn't making much sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llama_Shepherd View Post
It's okay, I prefer substance over spectacle. Which is why I can appreciate those stories.
Substance isn't what we were discussing, though. It was about his abilities. I'll have to read those JL issues you recommended one of these days.

__________________
2015: Avengers: Age of Ultron, Star Wars: Episode VII, Daredevil, Ant-Man
2016: Captain America: Civil War, Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, Suicide Squad, Doctor Strange, X-Men: Apocalypse, Sinister 6, Deadpool, Gareth Edwards' Star Wars, Warcraft
ThePowerCosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 10:37 AM   #99
Llama_Shepherd
World's Finest
 
Llama_Shepherd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 9,601
Default Re: The Arthur Curry/Aquaman Thread

You should also read All-Star Superman, Grant Morrison's Batman, Mark Waid's Flash.

They're all mega-powerful, but it works, because the stories are just so glorious.

__________________
*\S/T*
"But that's the thing about Batman. Batman thinks of everything."
"There's always a way. When the odds are impossible- do the impossible."
Llama_Shepherd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 10:45 AM   #100
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'
 
ThePowerCosmic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Hype, Superhero
Posts: 17,996
Default Re: The Arthur Curry/Aquaman Thread

I've only seen the animated version of All-Star Superman and it was magnificent. Even the little things, like the relationship he had with his mother, were touching. I'll see if I can find the others at Barnes & Nobles or a local comic book shop.

__________________
2015: Avengers: Age of Ultron, Star Wars: Episode VII, Daredevil, Ant-Man
2016: Captain America: Civil War, Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, Suicide Squad, Doctor Strange, X-Men: Apocalypse, Sinister 6, Deadpool, Gareth Edwards' Star Wars, Warcraft
ThePowerCosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:07 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.