Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > The Dark Knight Rises

Closed Thread

Old 08-25-2012, 04:02 PM   #251
Tequilla
Side-Kick

Default Re: Anne Hathaway as Selina Kyle/Catwoman XXXIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by bane View Post
No, you are not remembering it wrong.I have a bootleg copy and the bat is clearly passing through buildings in the last Batman shot.
Exactly. I noticed it the second time i watched it.

(only now i saw you already addressed this a fews posts behind)

When Nolan shows the timer , we don't see anything else in the frame. Even when he shows Bruce , the eyeline isn't directed to the timer. And that shot of him in the cockpit is breathtaking. The composition of those shots make sense.

Old 08-25-2012, 04:04 PM   #252
Monicabbm
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
Hey look, it's Rachel Dawes and Selina Kyle:

I wonder if Anne had a conversation with Katie whilst doing her Katie Holmes impression? I'd like Anne to phone up Katie one day in her Katie Holmes voice and pretend that she's her conscience on the other end of the phone.

Katie's expression often looks like she's smelt something bad.
Nolan likes brunettes!

Old 08-25-2012, 05:15 PM   #253
Alex Logan
Yes, Mr. Smith.

Quote:
I wonder just how flexible Catwoman is supposed to be?
Very.

Old 08-25-2012, 05:40 PM   #254
kvz5
HBIC

Quote:
I wonder just how flexible Catwoman is supposed to be?
Ask Bruce Wayne.

Old 08-25-2012, 08:40 PM   #255
AnneFan
Hathaway #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Logan View Post
Very.
Indeed, and she's adaptable.

Rio 2 - Song One - Interstellar
The Intern - Judy Garland biopic
Old 08-25-2012, 09:02 PM   #256
Alex Logan
Yes, Mr. Smith.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnneFan View Post
Indeed, and she's adaptable.

Did anyone catch Selina's birth date in TDKR? I know the year is 1985, but I'm having trouble finding out the month and day.

Old 08-25-2012, 09:18 PM   #257
AnneFan
Hathaway #1

Quote:
Did anyone catch Selina's birth date in TDKR? I know the year is 1985, but I'm having trouble finding out the month and day.
I can't read the writing on the mug shot report, sadly.

For what it's worth TDK Manual has it listed as 11/12/1982.

Old 08-25-2012, 09:20 PM   #258
kvz5
HBIC

I thought someone said it was shown to be September in the movie? I can't remember the day... 21 I think? The only thing I saw myself was the year which was 1985.

Old 08-25-2012, 09:29 PM   #259
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Quote:
Very.
I wouldn't mind seeing Anne's Selina doing the human knot or pretzel or whatever that yoga/ contortionist move is called.

Nominate your favourite Movie theme of all time for the upcoming tournament: http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=469413
Old 08-25-2012, 09:36 PM   #260
Alex Logan
Yes, Mr. Smith.

Quote:
I can't read the writing on the mug shot report, sadly.

For what it's worth TDK Manual has it listed as 11/12/1982.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kvz5 View Post
I thought someone said it was shown to be September in the movie? I can't remember the day... 21 I think? The only thing I saw myself was the year which was 1985.
Thanks a lot guys, I'm putting together a timeline for the trilogy. Batman Begins is 95% done now. I have the TDK Manual too, but I'm sceptical about some of information in it. I'm trying to use only the films.

Quote:
I wouldn't mind seeing Anne's Selina doing the human knot or pretzel or whatever that yoga/ contortionist move is called.
Same here.

Old 08-25-2012, 09:36 PM   #261
tommygun999
Side-Kick

could someone please tell me what is the score play during catwoman's part ( from 4:10 ~4:45 )in the 13min featurette ??
thanks

Old 08-25-2012, 09:38 PM   #262
kvz5
HBIC

So if TDKR is set in 2012, then Selina's 27 during the movie. Bruce is definitely 39 regardless of whether TDKR happened in 2012 or not but Selina's age could be higher depending on when TDKR happened.

Quote:
Thanks a lot guys, I'm putting together a timeline for the trilogy. Batman Begins is 95% done now. I have the TDK Manual too, but I'm sceptical about some of information in it. I'm trying to use only the films.
Yeah I the manual even said that Bruce has been using the suit for 6 years when we know that he stopped being Batman after TDK and during that time he's only on his 2nd year at most of being Batman.

Old 08-25-2012, 09:39 PM   #263
Alex Logan
Yes, Mr. Smith.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommygun999 View Post
could someone please tell me what is the score play during catwoman's part ( from 4:10 ~4:45 )in the 13min featurette ??
thanks
Link please?

Old 08-25-2012, 09:39 PM   #264
Alex Logan
Yes, Mr. Smith.

Quote:
So if TDKR is set in 2012, then Selina's 27 during the movie. Bruce is definitely 39 regardless of whether TDKR happened in 2012 or not but Selina's age could be higher depending on when TDKR happened.
TDKR is set in 2016.

Old 08-25-2012, 09:41 PM   #265
kvz5
HBIC

Quote:
TDKR is set in 2016.
Really? That makes her 31 then.

Old 08-25-2012, 09:50 PM   #266
Alex Logan
Yes, Mr. Smith.

Quote:
Really? That makes her 31 then.
Yep, I've been digging up crazy amounts of information for my timeline.

Batman Begins is set in 2005.
Point of reference: After Batman's first appearance Loeb can be seen holding a Gotham Post newspaper that gives the date as July 21, 2005.

The Dark Knight is set in 2008.
Point of reference: When Bruce is watching the security footage of the Joker robbing the bank the date on the camera is July 18, 2008.

The Dark Knight Rises is sein 2016.
Point of reference: The film is set 8 years after TDK.

You need a date on something, I'm your guy.

Old 08-25-2012, 09:51 PM   #267
#1nolanfan
Side-Kick

One of my favorite scenes between Bruce and Selina was definitely the bat pod scene. The bantering, flirting, than the emotional "come with me" were all done really well and to me showed that Selina had changed a lot throughout the movie and that definitely made her more likeble character in my opinion. She still had a bit of that selfishness to her, but it was clear she cared about Bruce and what would happen to him (especially since probably still feels a bit guilty about basically leading him into a death trap once already). It was really good acting from Anne Hathaway especially with the "come with me" plea. In the end I think she went back because she had fallen for Bruce, but also wanted to show him he was right about putting all that faith and trust into her, and she's already let him down once already, so she want to help him save the city. Someone on another board also mention on how she might have also went back because she took the "Not everything, not yet." as that he would give his life up to save the city if he had to. And maybe she thought with her on his side, and another very helpful ally, he wouldn't have to make the ultimate sacrifice. I really don't think she gave the best performance in the movie, but still was great. But so was the rest of the cast (expect Matthew and Juno lmao). Tom, Joseph, and Anne were all perfectly cast in their roles and I can't see anybody else in their roles.

Did anybody else get a kick out of Selina calling Miranda, Bruce's "Your stuck up girlfriend", lol. Jealously is definitely what I saw, especially since I don't think she ever met Miranda. Plus they weren't dating, they just screwed each other one night. She must have saw how they interacted when she took him to Fox, or in a delated scene he told her about their special night, lol.

Old 08-25-2012, 09:57 PM   #268
Alex Logan
Yes, Mr. Smith.

Quote:
Originally Posted by #1nolanfan View Post
One of my favorite scenes between Bruce and Selina was definitely the bat pod scene. The bantering, flirting, than the emotional "come with me" were all done really well and to me showed that Selina had changed a lot throughout the movie and that definitely made her more likeble character in my opinion. She still had a bit of that selfishness to her, but it was clear she cared about Bruce and what would happen to him (especially since probably still feels a bit guilty about basically leading him into a death trap once already). It was really good acting from Anne Hathaway especially with the "come with me" plea. In the end I think she went back because she had fallen for Bruce, but also wanted to show him he was right about putting all that faith and trust into her, and she's already let him down once already, so she want to help him save the city. Someone on another board also mention on how she might have also went back because she took the "Not everything, not yet." as that he would give his life up to save the city if he had to. And maybe she thought with her on his side, and another very helpful ally, he wouldn't have to make the ultimate sacrifice. I really don't think she gave the best performance in the movie, but still was great. But so was the rest of the cast (expect Matthew and Juno lmao). Tom, Joseph, and Anne were all perfectly cast in their roles and I can't see anybody else in their roles.

Did anybody else get a kick out of Selina calling Miranda, Bruce's "Your stuck up girlfriend", lol. Jealously is definitely what I saw, especially since I don't think she ever met Miranda. Plus they weren't dating, they just screwed each other one night. She must have saw how they interacted when she took him to Fox, or in a delated scene he told her about their special night, lol.
Agreed, but I do think Anne give the best performance in the film.

Old 08-25-2012, 10:19 PM   #269
AnneFan
Hathaway #1

Quote:
Yeah, the films are the final word. As kvz5 said there is contradicting information in the manual, but just thought I'd throw in what another source said on the matter. You've done a good job on your timeline.

A moment of the film I get a kick out of is when Catwoman comes down and says Bane wants Bruce and Fox, only to bash up those guys. Fox's "I like your girlfriend Mr. Wayne" and her reply of "he should be so lucky" is hilarious.

Old 08-25-2012, 10:27 PM   #270
tommygun999
Side-Kick

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdGQm4MV_LI

Old 08-25-2012, 10:27 PM   #271
tommygun999
Side-Kick

Quote:
Link please?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdGQm4MV_LI

Old 08-25-2012, 10:28 PM   #272
Alex Logan
Yes, Mr. Smith.

Quote:
Yeah, the films are the final word. As kvz5 said there is contradicting information in the manual, but just thought I'd throw in what another source said on the matter. You've done a good job on your timeline.

A moment of the film I get a kick out of is when Catwoman comes down and says Bane wants Bruce and Fox, only to bash up those guys. Fox's "I like your girlfriend Mr. Wayne" and her reply of "he should be so lucky" is hilarious.
Thanks! And that's just the top of the iceberg. Once I finish Batman Begins, which will be very soon, I'll post it here.

I love that scene too, but I love every scene with her...

If she were real, I would marry her!

Old 08-25-2012, 10:33 PM   #273
AnneFan
Hathaway #1

Quote:
Thanks! And that's just the top of the iceberg. Once I finish Batman Begins, which will be very soon, I'll post it here.

I love that scene too, but I love every scene with her...

If she were real, I would marry her!
I'm looking forward to seeing it.

I've got my HathCat appreciation post going and when I'm satisfied with it I'll post it here as well. Other people have already done comic influence posts - I'll put in those and any other things I can find. But the main part of it will be what I liked about it, what Anne gave the role. Les Mis isn't out for a while so I thought I'd take my time, focus on the here and now latest project and do a good job with it.
Quote:
I'm sure that's from Batman Begins, when he goes down to put on the batsuit.

Last edited by AnneFan; 08-25-2012 at 10:39 PM.
Old 08-25-2012, 10:36 PM   #274
Alex Logan
Yes, Mr. Smith.

Quote:
It's track ten from Batman Begins - Molossus.

Last edited by Alex Logan; 08-25-2012 at 10:41 PM.
Old 08-25-2012, 10:40 PM   #275
Alex Logan
Yes, Mr. Smith.

Quote:
I'm looking forward to seeing it. I've got my HathCat appreciation post going and when I'm satisfied with it I'll post it here as well.

I'm sure that's from Batman Begins, when he goes down to put on the batsuit.
Sweet! And right you are.

Here's a tease from my timeline:

09-10-1975 - Bruce Thomas Wayne is born in Gotham City to Thomas and Martha Wayne.

08-05-1984 - While trying to hide from Rachel Dawes, young Bruce falls into an abandoned well on the Wayne family property. He is attacked by a swarm of bats, which causes him to develop a phobia.

10-20-1984 - Bruce has another nightmare about the bats. His father explains that all creatures feel fear and shows Bruce the new pearls that he plans to give to his mother.

10-21-1984 - Thomas and Martha Wayne are murdered by Joe Chill in crime alley. Just before Thomas dies he takes Bruce’s hand and tells him not to be afraid. After the shooting Bruce is comforted by Officer Jim Gordon at police headquarters.

09-21-1985 - Selina Kyle is born.

Point of reference: During The Dark Knight Rises Bruce is looking at Selina’s mugshot and her birthday is listed as September 21, 1985.

I might add photos too.

Closed Thread