The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > The Dark Knight Rises

Closed Thread

Old 08-25-2012, 10:42 PM   #276
AnneFan
Hathaway #1

Default Re: Anne Hathaway as Selina Kyle/Catwoman XXXIII

Very exciting project. Thanks for the sneak peek.

Rio 2 - Song One - Interstellar - The Intern - The Lifeboat - Get Happy
Old 08-25-2012, 10:43 PM   #277
kvz5
HBIC

I wish they followed what was in the novel where Selina rolled her eyes at the Bruce/Miranda "I won't forget you."/"I know." exchange. She was probably cringing at how corny those two were. Throw in a bit of jealousy too maybe.

Old 08-25-2012, 10:44 PM   #278
Alex Logan
Yes, Mr. Smith.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnneFan View Post
Very exciting project. Thanks for the sneak peek.
Thanks! You're welcome.

Old 08-25-2012, 10:51 PM   #279
Van Petrol
Vacant

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvz5 View Post
I wish they followed what was in the novel where Selina rolled her eyes at the Bruce/Miranda "I won't forget you."/"I know." exchange. She was probably cringing at how corny those two were. Throw in a bit of jealousy too maybe.
Just as cringy as her "He should be so lucky." line.

Old 08-26-2012, 12:44 AM   #280
DerTommissar
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monicabbm View Post
Nolan likes brunettes!
Correction: BRUCE like brunettes.

Old 08-26-2012, 12:53 AM   #281
kvz5
HBIC

Natasha...

Old 08-26-2012, 06:04 AM   #282
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Quote:
That would've been cool to see. You'd know more definitely though that she probably does have feelings for Bruce herself by that kind of reaction.

Old 08-26-2012, 06:41 AM   #283
MultipleJesuses
Willy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Logan View Post
Sweet! And right you are.

Here's a tease from my timeline:

09-10-1975 - Bruce Thomas Wayne is born in Gotham City to Thomas and Martha Wayne.

08-05-1984 - While trying to hide from Rachel Dawes, young Bruce falls into an abandoned well on the Wayne family property. He is attacked by a swarm of bats, which causes him to develop a phobia.

10-20-1984 - Bruce has another nightmare about the bats. His father explains that all creatures feel fear and shows Bruce the new pearls that he plans to give to his mother.

10-21-1984 - Thomas and Martha Wayne are murdered by Joe Chill in crime alley. Just before Thomas dies he takes Bruce’s hand and tells him not to be afraid. After the shooting Bruce is comforted by Officer Jim Gordon at police headquarters.

09-21-1985 - Selina Kyle is born.

Point of reference: During The Dark Knight Rises Bruce is looking at Selina’s mugshot and her birthday is listed as September 21, 1985.

I might add photos too.
Woah! I genuinely have a reason to regularly check the hype now!
Would you mind PM'ing me when it's released so I don't miss it?

Old 08-26-2012, 10:10 AM   #284
Alex Logan
Yes, Mr. Smith.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MultipleJesuses View Post
Woah! I genuinely have a reason to regularly check the hype now!
Would you mind PM'ing me when it's released so I don't miss it?
No problem, you will get a PM!

Old 08-26-2012, 11:17 AM   #285
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

Does anyone agree with the opinion made by the user OutRiddled at the bottom of this page: http://forums.superherohype.com/show...=388893&page=3

Is Hathaway's character that easily mistaken for a generic action character for anyone else?

- The Joker
Old 08-26-2012, 11:35 AM   #286
Demon Hunter
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
Does anyone agree with the opinion made by the user OutRiddled at the bottom of this page: http://forums.superherohype.com/show...=388893&page=3

Is Hathaway's character that easily mistaken for a generic action character for anyone else?
I don't. The generic action character chick is for example Scarlett Johansson's character in Iron Man 2 (haven't seen Avengers yet). So the chick has to be headstrong, independant, sexy, smart and being able to kick everybody's ass. Such characters are, in my opinion, also Angelina Jolie's Lara Craft, Kate Backinsale's Selene (Underworld) and... umm I don't really watch such movies so I can't really think of more right now.
In my opinion Anne Hathaway's Catwoman is neither that independant, nor so powerful. She is sexy and beautiful, of course, but she is also vulnerable, scared and lonely. She is imperfect and that elevates her above all other action hero chicks in my book. She looks much more real than most.
I wouldn't put Michelle Pffaifer's Catwoman in the generic action chick as well.

Old 08-26-2012, 11:45 AM   #287
BlackFox
Name on the trophy?

Quote:

Nope cant say I do.

His opinion of course, but he didnt back it up with much to be honest.

She was hardly one dimensional and predictable IMO so wouldnt scream "generic" to me, others may disagree.

Old 08-26-2012, 01:03 PM   #288
#1nolanfan
Side-Kick

Quote:
They definitely threw in some jealously when she called her his "stuck up girlfriend", . Which i find hilarious because while Bruce obviously wanted her safe and trusted her, he isn't the type of guy to call someone his girlfriend after just one night of making love and than be gone for five months, lol. Plus she felt the need to add, stuck up .

Old 08-26-2012, 01:40 PM   #289
Cassandra Cain
C'mon! Let's get NUTS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by #1nolanfan View Post
They definitely threw in some jealously when she called her his "stuck up girlfriend", . Which i find hilarious because while Bruce obviously wanted her safe and trusted her, he isn't the type of guy to call someone his girlfriend after just one night of making love and than be gone for five months, lol. Plus she felt the need to add, stuck up .
Funny too how the first person Bruce soughts out to find when returning to Gotham is Selina, not Miranda. Some girlfriend

Old 08-26-2012, 01:56 PM   #290
#1nolanfan
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassandra Cain View Post
Funny too how the first person Bruce soughts out to find when returning to Gotham is Selina, not Miranda. Some girlfriend
LOL, yep great point, didn't even think about that. Also, Selina would be a much helpful ally to Bruce, while when Talia was Miranda she was just a typical love interest that always needed to be saved . I'm sure it was nice for Bruce to have a change. I never thought he was in love with Miranda, just trusted her and felt responsible for her safety. It wasn't the kiss between them that I felt was rushed, it was the highly implied sex scene . Bruce and Selina's romance wasn't really fleshed out, but I definitely don't think it was rushed either because I felt there was lots of build-up and their relationship progressed really well. She can't stand Bruce at first mainly due to his last name, and the amount of money he has, but that clearly changes when she learns more about him and who he really is.

Old 08-26-2012, 02:15 PM   #291
Demon Hunter
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by #1nolanfan View Post
LOL, yep great point, didn't even think about that. Also, Selina would be a much helpful ally to Bruce, while when Talia was Miranda she was just a typical love interest that always needed to be saved . I'm sure it was nice for Bruce to have a change. I never thought he was in love with Miranda, just trusted her and felt responsible for her safety. It wasn't the kiss between them that I felt was rushed, it was the highly implied sex scene . Bruce and Selina's romance wasn't really fleshed out, but I definitely don't think it was rushed either because I felt there was lots of build-up and their relationship progressed really well. She can't stand Bruce at first mainly due to his last name, and the amount of money he has, but that clearly changes when she learns more about him and who he really is.
Why would Bruce refuse to sleep with Miranda, especially after being a recluse for 8 years? Miranda and Bruce didn't really have anything real. Bruce needed someone to trust with his legacy and Miranda wanted to trick him that he could. I'm sure that she knew he would turn her down when she offered that they should run away with her private plane. It was all part of her schemes.
Selina and Bruce, however, are really alike, despite that fact that they looked so different on first sight. They are both introvert, misunderstood and broken, hiding behind masks so they could do what they feel is right. They're both feel like outcasts in Gotham.

Old 08-26-2012, 02:33 PM   #292
#1nolanfan
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon Hunter View Post
Why would Bruce refuse to sleep with Miranda, especially after being a recluse for 8 years? Miranda and Bruce didn't really have anything real. Bruce needed someone to trust with his legacy and Miranda wanted to trick him that he could. I'm sure that she knew he would turn her down when she offered that they should run away with her private plane. It was all part of her schemes.
Selina and Bruce, however, are really alike, despite that fact that they looked so different on first sight. They are both introvert, misunderstood and broken, hiding behind masks so they could do what they feel is right. They're both feel like outcasts in Gotham.
I'm not denying that Bruce would or should refuse to sleep with Miranda, just that it was rushed and certainly never thought he was in love with her just after one night like it seemed like they were trying to make the audience think he was so the twist would be more surprising. Obviously he sleeps with her because she's attractive and he's extremely lonely with no Alfred so he wouldn't mind company. I just get annoyed when people on other message boards say Bruce couldn't have fallen for Selina until after Miranda betrayed him, which I just think is really silly. He's Bruce Wayne, even as Batman he can be a bit of a player . He didn't even seem to have much interest in her until that night. Even in the ball scene he's paying way more attention to Selina than Miranda. But, I understand exactly why the sex scene happened especially when the twist came.

I definitely agree with you that Bruce and Selina are very alike even if they do things with their masks differently.

Old 08-26-2012, 03:48 PM   #293
regwec
Shakespearo

Quote:

No, but I do think that a few more Catwoman traits could have been easily slipped into the script without harming what Nolan wanted to do with the character. I mean, why not have a GCPD officer refer to her as the "Catwoman" over his radio, just once? Why not have her use her claws in a fight, if her whip is too risque?

We accept her as "Catwoman", because we know that is who Selina Kyle is meant to be, but I think this is one of a few occasions where everyone (more or less) could have been pleased.

It is unnecessary to point out that somebody's opinion is their opinion. Don't.

Worried they might cast a black man as your favourite superhero? :(
Old 08-26-2012, 03:49 PM   #294
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

I agree. It also wouldn't have hurt to see Selina have a pet black cat in her apartment.

- The Joker
Old 08-26-2012, 04:54 PM   #295
Demon Hunter
Side-Kick

Regwec, interesting choice for signature :P

Last edited by Demon Hunter; 08-26-2012 at 06:01 PM.
Old 08-26-2012, 04:59 PM   #296
Alex Logan
Yes, Mr. Smith.

Quote:

Nope, not at all.

Old 08-26-2012, 07:03 PM   #297
Cassandra Cain
C'mon! Let's get NUTS!

Quote:
Couldn't have said it better.

Old 08-26-2012, 07:04 PM   #298
Origin
Side-Kick

With that generic action character logic, it's practically being said Anne's Selina can be interchanged with (just for example) Scarlett's Widow or Kate's Selene without any eye blinking or maybe even setting needing changing.

I get she was missing lots of Catwoman's traits like all the characters in Nolan's films but saying she's that generic is quite a bit of a reach isn't it

Old 08-26-2012, 08:38 PM   #299
Alex Logan
Yes, Mr. Smith.

Quote:
Why would Bruce refuse to sleep with Miranda, especially after being a recluse for 8 years? Miranda and Bruce didn't really have anything real. Bruce needed someone to trust with his legacy and Miranda wanted to trick him that he could. I'm sure that she knew he would turn her down when she offered that they should run away with her private plane. It was all part of her schemes..
Exactly, it's called sleeping with the enemy.

Quote:
Which is exactly why they would end up together. I read a bunch of crap on other board about their relationship not making any sense. Some people just can't wrap their heads around the ideas in this trilogy. Good post Demon.

Old 08-27-2012, 12:12 AM   #300
Just_Human
Side-Kick

Quote:
Natasha...
She was just part of the "mask"

Closed Thread