Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > The Dark Knight Rises

Closed Thread

Old 08-29-2012, 10:28 PM   #326
Anita18
DANCE FOR ME, FUNNY MAN!

Default Re: Anne Hathaway as Selina Kyle/Catwoman XXXIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelsior. View Post
Blake is "meant to be" Batman as much as Bruce was; as well as whoever replaces Blake. The point is that Batman is an everlasting symbol and can be anyone. Now if you are of the notion that only Bruce should be Batman (a notion not supported by the comics) that is a different argument. But I don't see how Bruce has been undersold now that someone else is Batman. His arc is done.
I think it elevates Bruce even more, for him to acknowledge that someone else is a better fit for his ideal of what Batman is supposed to be. Will Blake be the fighter that Bruce was, or the detective, or the paranoid Big Brother? Probably not. But Bruce's original idea was to have Batman be an inspirational symbol. A role model. In attempting to do that, Bruce has bent his own rules while having to fight his own demons at the same time. It was not his ideal for what Batman should be. And while Blake was an angry orphan once upon a time, he certainly doesn't seem like he was a cop to dole out punishment the way Bruce did. Bruce's method of inspiring people was to beat up bad guys. Blake would probably approach it differently, and Bruce believes that it would be the correct approach.

Old 08-29-2012, 11:39 PM   #327
Carnotaur3
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anita18 View Post
I think it elevates Bruce even more, for him to acknowledge that someone else is a better fit for his ideal of what Batman is supposed to be. Will Blake be the fighter that Bruce was, or the detective, or the paranoid Big Brother? Probably not. But Bruce's original idea was to have Batman be an inspirational symbol. A role model. In attempting to do that, Bruce has bent his own rules while having to fight his own demons at the same time. It was not his ideal for what Batman should be. And while Blake was an angry orphan once upon a time, he certainly doesn't seem like he was a cop to dole out punishment the way Bruce did. Bruce's method of inspiring people was to beat up bad guys. Blake would probably approach it differently, and Bruce believes that it would be the correct approach.
Right on, Anita!

http://www.vimeo.com/13170472
Old 08-30-2012, 01:14 AM   #328
Demon Hunter
Side-Kick

Quote:
Yeah, I love Bruce being Batman, that isn't going to change. He IS Batman for me and will always be. Still, when I think about Blake being the Batman Bruce wanted to be (even if Blake is not) it still looks very cool in my head. Bruce wouldn't trust Blake with his legacy if he wasn't absolutely sure that he will be great. So following this train of thoughts I could actually see Bruce believing that Blake would be the Batman he always strived to be.

Now, I have one question, though. Since Blake doesn't look as paranoid as Bruce, maybe after he settles in the shoes of Batman he will recruit a partner. What would the nickname of that partner be? Robin is his legal name, so it's kinda taken!

Old 08-30-2012, 01:39 AM   #329
DerTommissar
Side-Kick

Quote:
Great post.

Batman is Bruce's concept, but even in Bruce's eyes the expression of the concept could be elevated.

The question is: Will Blake continue literally as Batman, or modify and adapt the legacy to his strengths (Nightwing?)

Old 08-30-2012, 02:17 AM   #330
georgec
Not a hero

Anybody remember this?

http://www.mtv.com/videos/movies/680...reaction.jhtml

I wonder what the other 90% of what the suit can do would be, if we're interpreting things literally.

- Heel stilettos
- Flip up visor

Can't really think of any other specialized features we saw of Selina's outfit.

When I read this quote last year ("that's only a tenth of what the suit can do") I figured it was a bit of an exaggeration. Still, funny to look back on it.

A hero can be anyone. Even a man doing something as simple and reassuring as putting a coat
around a young boy's shoulders to let him know the world hadn't ended.
Old 08-30-2012, 04:13 AM   #331
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

When I think about it now, who would have thought that the very first official shot of Anne as Catwoman came from such a major point from the film?

I don't think anyone could have ever thought that this was from the moment where Selina kills Bane.lol

Old 08-30-2012, 04:27 AM   #332
AnneFan
Hathaway #1

When Selina blew away Bane and quipped she didn't mind killing, the crowd I was with laughed. The way Anne says it. And the way she raises her legs when she gets off the vehicle.

Rio 2 - Song One - Interstellar - The Intern - The Lifeboat - Get Happy
Old 08-30-2012, 04:52 AM   #333
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnneFan View Post
When Selina blew away Bane and quipped she didn't mind killing, the crowd I was with laughed. The way Anne says it. And the way she raises her legs when she gets off the vehicle.
I like the way Selina raises her legs at quite a few points in the movie!

Old 08-30-2012, 04:54 AM   #334
Darkness Falls
The Right Amount Of Dirty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
I like the way Selina raises her legs at quite a few points in the movie!
agreed

Better Call Saul
Old 08-30-2012, 06:21 AM   #335
Pfeiffer-Pfan
Meow.

What an awful, awful photo to release first...

It should have been the vault pic and most people wouldn't have been as ambivalent from the start.

I'll miss you dad! xx

Old 08-30-2012, 09:05 AM   #336
#1nolanfan
Side-Kick

I also love the way she raises her legs a couple times in the movie .

Bane's death sucked because he went out like a henchman that did nothing (Talia's plan would have easily failed without his assistance), but it was kind of saved by Catwoman's amusing lines and unexpected return. And he did have two epic final lines. Plus, Catwoman really needed to redeem herself for Bruce's trust, and basically saving his life was the best way to do it.

I also liked and was surprised that so many people cheered when Bruce and Selina finally kissed in their costumes. And the way she grabs him in that scene, damn and than put her arm around him, he's a lucky guy . The crowd was dead silent when Bruce and Miranda made love even probably people that suspected she was Talia. So audience members definitely seem to enjoy Bruce and Selina more than Bruce and Miranda/Talia, and I definitely do to.

Old 08-30-2012, 09:37 AM   #337
TheBlueMcCoy82
Make Mine Marvel!

Quote:
Originally Posted by #1nolanfan View Post
Catwoman really needed to redeem herself for Bruce's trust, and basically saving his life was the best way to do it.

So audience members definitely seem to enjoy Bruce and Selina more than Bruce and Miranda/Talia, and I definitely do to.
+1

I agree with everything you said. I had no problem with Catwoman saving Bruce at the end. She redeemed herself. And Yes...

Selena & Bruce >>>>> Talia & Bruce for sure.

Old 08-30-2012, 09:37 AM   #338
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

I have a question. If you're there in person when Selina raises her legs, where are you supposed to look?

Old 08-30-2012, 09:41 AM   #339
regwec
Shakespearo

Straight into her crotch. It would be rude not to.

It is unnecessary to point out that somebody's opinion is their opinion. Don't.

Worried they might cast a black man as your favourite superhero? :(
Old 08-30-2012, 02:42 PM   #340
DCW
Chief's got it.

Good, I've always viewed myself a courteous man.

Old 08-30-2012, 03:11 PM   #341
Anita18
DANCE FOR ME, FUNNY MAN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
I have a question. If you're there in person when Selina raises her legs, where are you supposed to look?
Her face, duh!

Old 08-30-2012, 03:30 PM   #342
Demon Hunter
Side-Kick

Quote:
Her face, duh!
Although she doesn't use her lovely Hathaway smile and laughter, she's still stunningly beautiful.

Old 08-30-2012, 03:38 PM   #343
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Quote:
Her face, duh!
She needs to borrow those forehead titaes that Marion Cottillard so heartily recommends. Maybe they need to invent one for crotches as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon Hunter View Post
Although she doesn't use her lovely Hathaway smile and laughter, she's still stunningly beautiful.
I agree. She's breathtaking. [And Imogen Poots causes others to be breathtaking ]

Old 08-30-2012, 03:53 PM   #344
Demon Hunter
Side-Kick

Anne Hathaway said that when she was invited to an interview, at first she thought she was auditioning for Harley Quinn.
Do you think she could've pulled it off?
With that photoshop picture I can absolutely see it. She strikes me as a person who would work very hard until she's satisfied with the final result.

Old 08-30-2012, 03:59 PM   #345
EliteF50
Side-Kick

Anne definitely could have pulled off Harley.

"The first rule of 'Tusi is to not talk about 'Tusi."
Listen to my updated Bane voice impression!
Old 08-30-2012, 04:43 PM   #346
J0k3r
Side-Kick

Quote:
I also liked and was surprised that so many people cheered when Bruce and Selina finally kissed in their costumes. And the way she grabs him in that scene, damn and than put her arm around him, he's a lucky guy . The crowd was dead silent when Bruce and Miranda made love even probably people that suspected she was Talia. So audience members definitely seem to enjoy Bruce and Selina more than Bruce and Miranda/Talia, and I definitely do to.
I like how they "unmasked" each other during the movie. Bruce, obviously, first, when find her with the pearls, research about her and later and when they dance in the ball. Selina does that with Batman because she does with him the same things he does with Gordon and other people, like dissapear in the middle of a conversation, don't thank him and seeing him in the shadows, when she says "don't be shy".

The audience knows more about Bruce and Selina and more than that, there are more elements of them during the movie. The pearls, the dance, "my wife?", the joke Alfred makes in the beginning and even more things.

Old 08-30-2012, 04:48 PM   #347
Anita18
DANCE FOR ME, FUNNY MAN!

Quote:
Bruce definitely had more fun around Selina than Miranda.

Old 08-30-2012, 10:34 PM   #348
Polaris23
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by regwec View Post
Straight into her crotch. It would be rude not to.
What if you're behind her?

Check it out:
www.PolarisCastillo.com
&
www.facebook.com/makeLovetomeinSpace
Old 08-30-2012, 10:41 PM   #349
Anita18
DANCE FOR ME, FUNNY MAN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polaris23 View Post
What if you're behind her?
THEN you can stare at the ass if you can't look at her face. I'll let you have that one.

Old 08-30-2012, 10:44 PM   #350
#1nolanfan
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by J0k3r View Post
I like how they "unmasked" each other during the movie. Bruce, obviously, first, when find her with the pearls, research about her and later and when they dance in the ball. Selina does that with Batman because she does with him the same things he does with Gordon and other people, like dissapear in the middle of a conversation, don't thank him and seeing him in the shadows, when she says "don't be shy".

The audience knows more about Bruce and Selina and more than that, there are more elements of them during the movie. The pearls, the dance, "my wife?", the joke Alfred makes in the beginning and even more things.
+1 Agree with all of that.

There were so many foreshadowing between Bruce and Selina, lol. Like the ones you mentioned, and than a lot more. The joke that Alfred makes,and than Fox comment "I like your girlfriend, Mr. Wayne" to Bruce .

I love how neither one of them really deny it in that scene, Bruce supposedly in the novel just shrugs, and Selina of course just gives a witty remark instead of something like "Not in a million years" or "He wishes" which probably would have been her answer when she first meet him haha.

I like that Alfred and Fox when they first see Bruce they talk about how lovely Miranda is, but than when they see Selina they're basically like "Never mind I like this girl better, she seems to be giving you a run for your money, so she's your soul mate" haha.

Closed Thread