The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > The Dark Knight Rises

Closed Thread

Old 08-31-2012, 12:33 AM   #351
DoomsdayApex
Ęzrael "Fallen Angel" X.

Default Re: Anne Hathaway as Selina Kyle/Catwoman XXXIII

On that note, the moment the screen cap where Catwoman restrains Dagget against the wall with her stiletto shows up... you guys and gals better mail it to me ASAP!!!

Old 08-31-2012, 04:31 AM   #352
AnneFan
Hathaway #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomsdayApex View Post
On that note, the moment the screen cap where Catwoman restrains Dagget against the wall with her stiletto shows up... you guys and gals better mail it to me ASAP!!!
Check out Dark Raven's avatar.

Hot Toys Catwoman gallery!

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...0437343&type=1

Just lovely.

Rio 2 - Song One - Interstellar - The Intern - The Lifeboat - Get Happy - Alice 2
Old 08-31-2012, 04:46 AM   #353
regwec
Shakespearo

Those things are creepily realistic.

I suppose the advantage of owning her in toy form is that you can give her a whip made of a bootlace or something.

Old 08-31-2012, 05:04 AM   #354
Bruce_Begins
Taking a break.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnneFan View Post

Just lovely.
You must have planned to buy those, now we need a thread to post pics of various poster's collections of these figures !

*\S/T*

I'll be back !
Old 08-31-2012, 05:27 AM   #355
J0k3r
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by #1nolanfan View Post
I like that Alfred and Fox when they first see Bruce they talk about how lovely Miranda is, but than when they see Selina they're basically like "Never mind I like this girl better, she seems to be giving you a run for your money, so she's your soul mate" haha.
Yeah, I didn't thought about that before. Even Alfred kinda do this in the beginning. Lucius's face after see her is priceless I think Nolan doesn't write romance very well, and maybe, because of that, he went in other direction with them. They don't have a idealized thing, like Rachel was and Miranda tried to be. Nolan just put the elements in the movie and showed them together in the end, simple.

Old 08-31-2012, 05:54 AM   #356
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Quote:

Just lovely.
Thanks for posting that. I saw that on FB earlier. They look really cool and lots of nice poses there. I still don't see her posed without her mask though. I wonder if it can indeed come off or if it is permanently glued?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anita18 View Post
THEN you can stare at the ass if you can't look at her face. I'll let you have that one.
What if she's so flexible like these contortionists that she can bring her leg behind her right up so her foot touches her head or beyond, so that you can probably see her crotch from that angle?

Old 08-31-2012, 06:46 AM   #357
regwec
Shakespearo

Just have a cold shower, for pity's sake.

Old 08-31-2012, 07:41 AM   #358
AnneFan
Hathaway #1

A beautiful lady deserves a beautiful action figure.

I would like to see a straight shot of the back, given Hot Toys haven't shown us that yet.

Rio 2 - Song One - Interstellar - The Intern - The Lifeboat - Get Happy - Alice 2
Old 08-31-2012, 08:19 AM   #359
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

Hot Toys doesn't **** around, do they?

Old 08-31-2012, 08:35 AM   #360
Doctor Who
KIDNEYS!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
Hot Toys doesn't **** around, do they?
Only when it comes around to not making Batman Begins main antagonist.

l

THE LEGEND ENDS

JULY 20TH 2012
Old 08-31-2012, 08:49 AM   #361
rickfox
Devil

TDK---Joker:You didn't think I'd risk losing the battle for Gotham's soul...in a fistfight with you? No. You need an ace in the hole. Mine's Harvey Dent
I took Gotham's white knight...and I brought him down to our level. It wasn't hard. See, madness, as you know...is like gravity. All it takes is a little push

TDKR---Someone:you didn't think he'd risk assuming the future of Gotham can be secured so easy in a fistfight with Bane? No. he needs an ace in the hole. His ace is Selina Kyle

He took Gotham's Cat burglar/master jewel thief...and he brought her up to his level. It wasn't hard. you See, conscience/goodness, as he knows...is like
antigravity. All it takes is a little lift.

Last edited by rickfox; 08-31-2012 at 04:50 PM.
Old 08-31-2012, 10:35 AM   #362
Cagefighterkip
Mr. Golightly

Did the movie leak or something?

Children are not born conservative bigots. They're molded to become them by their elders. Let's leave the world a better place, people.

Love and let love. Live and let live. #NOH8
Old 08-31-2012, 11:26 AM   #363
The Caped Knight
Shield Avenger

Quote:

Just lovely.
Artistically beautiful

Old 08-31-2012, 11:36 AM   #364
ultimatefan
The Batman must come back

One little detail I love about her performance is in the scene with Blake, she says, "a girl“s gotta eat", for a nanossecond I was a little disappointed cuz in my mind I“d hear her say it with a snarky "I don“t give a s***" attitude, but then I realized this was not where she was in the story, she not only was trying to find a way out of her criminal life, but she felt guilty for what happened to Bruce/Batman, she was trying to put on a brave face but even she wasn“t buying the devil may care rogue attitude anymore.

"Sometimes, people deserve more. Sometimes, they deserve to have their faith rewarded." So, thank you for rewarding mine, Mr. Nolan.

This article should be mandatory reading before people argue about movies on the internet:
http://www.cracked.com/blog/6-common...-always-wrong/.
Old 08-31-2012, 12:25 PM   #365
#1nolanfan
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatefan View Post
One little detail I love about her performance is in the scene with Blake, she says, "a girl“s gotta eat", for a nanossecond I was a little disappointed cuz in my mind I“d hear her say it with a snarky "I don“t give a s***" attitude, but then I realized this was not where she was in the story, she not only was trying to find a way out of her criminal life, but she felt guilty for what happened to Bruce/Batman, she was trying to put on a brave face but even she wasn“t buying the devil may care rogue attitude anymore.
Agree. Plus she was really afraid of Bane, and wanted to get the hell out of Gotham as fast as she can especially after seeing what he did to Bruce/Batman. I love that scene with Selina and Blake. At first she still kind of has that snarky smart ass attitude, but it seems to competley change almost when he asks about what happened to Bruce and holding back tears it seems. I noticed that any scene where Selina seems to be holding back tears and emotions seem to involve Bruce/Batman in a way. Her betrayal was the tuning point of her character, and definitely made her more likeble as a character for me.

Old 08-31-2012, 01:18 PM   #366
the last son
Side-Kick

I thought her performance was OK just written a lil bland. I mean Catwoman didn't really steal any scenes IMO. Also, I still thought it should have been McAdams. Hathaway is just not good looking enough with no body at all. She looked like a skinny man on the bike. Outside of the costume she should look stunning but she is jsut average looking in my eyes. Also, I would have preffered more sexuality in the costume. But her performance was just ok.

Old 08-31-2012, 01:44 PM   #367
bane
TEH PUFFY

She stole the movie for me, all of her scenes were great, especialy when Bruce returned to Gotham and cought her off guard, in a few seconds of screen time Anne showed so much emotions...It was a great performance!

Old man look at my life,
I'm alot like you were.
Old 08-31-2012, 01:45 PM   #368
ultimatefan

edit

"Sometimes, people deserve more. Sometimes, they deserve to have their faith rewarded." So, thank you for rewarding mine, Mr. Nolan.

This article should be mandatory reading before people argue about movies on the internet:
Old 08-31-2012, 01:45 PM   #369
ultimatefan

Quote:
Originally Posted by the last son View Post
I thought her performance was OK just written a lil bland. I mean Catwoman didn't really steal any scenes IMO. Also, I still thought it should have been McAdams. Hathaway is just not good looking enough with no body at all. She looked like a skinny man on the bike. Outside of the costume she should look stunning but she is jsut average looking in my eyes. Also, I would have preffered more sexuality in the costume. But her performance was just ok.
Gotta disagree, for me she stole all the scenes she was in. I like McAdams, but I don“t see how she“d have been sexier or more beautiful. She played a similar character in Sherlock Holmes and I don“t think she“d blow me away more than Hathaway did.

Old 08-31-2012, 01:54 PM   #370
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

Quote:
Originally Posted by the last son View Post
Anne's Catwoman is by FAR my favorite character in the movie. She stole it for me. The movie lifted every time she appeared. Even when she was just casually walking down along a prison corridor and twisting an inmate's wrist.

My only main gripe is we didn't get enough of her. I'd gladly have sacrificed John Blake and Miranda Tate in favor of more Selina.

- The Joker
Old 08-31-2012, 01:55 PM   #371
regwec
Shakespearo

Emily Blunt would have been my choice.

Hathaway was alright. In a sense, she had an easy job as the only "fun" character in the movie. But she was competent enough; certainly more watchable than Marion Cotillard.

Old 08-31-2012, 02:04 PM   #372
the last son
Side-Kick

Well, again what did Anne really do? Did you really watch her performance and think man you can tell she did her homework? Her scenes were boring and uninspiring. She just walked around most of the time trying to be sexy but I just didn't buy it.

Again I still have to go back to Catwoman should make almost every man watching the movie think this chick is too hot. I would sacrifice bad acting to making sure Catwoman is at least ultra hot. If your not going to call her Catwoman and make her more like the comics then she should at least be hot. She didn't seem like the Selina I know.

Old 08-31-2012, 02:06 PM   #373
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

You gotta talk to Nolan on that one.

Old 08-31-2012, 02:07 PM   #374
bane
TEH PUFFY

"Ultra hot" is not the essence of the Catwoman character.

Old man look at my life,
I'm alot like you were.
Old 08-31-2012, 02:07 PM   #375
#1nolanfan
Side-Kick

I agree that she gave a great performance, and definitely stole a lot of the scenes she was in, but lmao I definitely don't agree that she stole the entire movie especially when people say she did it the same way Heath Ledger did. Of course I loved the entire movie, and I don't think any of the performances stood out from everyone else. I think everyone in the movie bought their A-game expect for Marion and Morgan, but they were both still really good. She was definitely the most fun character of the movie I guess, and had a great emotional arc, but not the most likeble. I also don't think a spinoff would work unless expect maybe if the Nolan's were behind it at all. because I don't see Catwoman/Selina Kyle as a strong main character, just a supporting character.

Closed Thread