The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > The Dark Knight Rises

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2012, 11:59 PM   #126
#1nolanfan
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 116
Default Re: Anne Hathaway as Selina Kyle/Catwoman XXXIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelDawes View Post
It's funny that you mention this. I was idly speculating about what a Blake movie would be like and I came to the same conclusion. Jen would toe the line between good and bad; basically she would be his Selina.
That's exactly what I was thinking. Blake takes up the mantle of the Dark Knight, and Jen takes up the mantle of Catwoman, .

There is a fan fiction where Blake and Jen meet, and he questions her on Selina and Bruce/Batman (because Selina told her the truth) despite not being a cop anymore. He shows her the bat cave, and there's a lot of sexual tension between the two. I can find it and link it, if anyone wants me to?

#1nolanfan is offline  
Old 08-22-2012, 12:00 AM   #127
kvz5
HBIC
 
kvz5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Chicago
Posts: 20,741
Default Re: Anne Hathaway as Selina Kyle/Catwoman XXXIII

Speaking of the blue dress...


http://clothesonfilm.com/the-dark-kn...hemming/27416/

Quote:
CoF: Tell us about Anne Hathaway as Selina Kyle…

LH: Selina Kyle we decided was a kind of female version of Bruce Wayne, she is a cat burglar and an opportunist, so must, rather like James Bond, be able to ‘pass’ or be ‘hidden in plain sight’. My influences were La Femme Nikita, and Audrey Hepburn, with a medium dose of Thierry Mugler thrown in for theatricality. All her clothes were designed by me, and made by / in our workshops, including all her underwear which needed to be worn under the cat suit. Whatever event she decided to be at, she could invent a look that would work, from Maid at Wayne Manor, to Woman Going to a Funeral at the airport.

CoF: So what was the intention behind Selina Kyle’s blue dress in the final Florence cafe scene? Moving on?

LH: Yes, something like that. She is now, like Bruce Wayne, living in the ‘normal’ world, and should look like any other holidaymaker in Italy. To her (Anne Hathaway) and myself, that kind of blue signifies happiness and has good connotations. Wish we had seen more of it, but it’s a mysterious scene.
What's so mysterious about that scene?

Interesting that she described her airport look at woman "going to a funeral". That was what most of us thought before which led us to believe that that scene might've been at the end (after Selina attending Bruce's funeral).

ETA: Just noticed that it was posted already at the previous page! Sorry!


Last edited by kvz5; 08-22-2012 at 12:23 AM.
kvz5 is offline  
Old 08-22-2012, 12:02 AM   #128
HelloThere
Newbie First Class
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Mexico
Posts: 16
Default Re: Anne Hathaway as Selina Kyle/Catwoman XXXIII



I love this whole scene, they way Anne goes from filtring at the beginning to almost "cry" when she said "come with me, save yourself" her eyes, her voice... <3, and then her voice and facial expressions turns to kind of upset with the line of "You don´t owe...." a brilliant performance, she totally deserves recognition.

HelloThere is offline  
Old 08-22-2012, 12:05 AM   #129
craigdbfan
El Psy Congroo
SHH! Global Moderator
 
craigdbfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Interstellar
Posts: 28,603
Default Re: Anne Hathaway as Selina Kyle/Catwoman XXXIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvz5 View Post
Speaking of the blue dress... What's so mysterious about that scene?

Interesting that she described her airport look at woman "going to a funeral". That was what most of us thought before which led us to believe that that scene might've been at the end (after Selina attending Bruce's funeral).


http://clothesonfilm.com/the-dark-kn...hemming/27416/
The blue dress is drawing a parallel with the blue flower in Begins. The blue flower was a marker of a new beginning and the first step of becoming Batman. Now Selina with her blue dress also indicate a new beginning but this time one without Batman.

Both of them are drugs for Wayne too.


__________________
Quote:
For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arata 新 View Post
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Monica Bellucci for Hippolyta in SvB
craigdbfan is offline  
Old 08-22-2012, 12:06 AM   #130
kvz5
HBIC
 
kvz5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Chicago
Posts: 20,741
Default Re: Anne Hathaway as Selina Kyle/Catwoman XXXIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigdbfan View Post
The blue dress is drawing a parallel with the blue flower in Begins. The blue flower was a marker of a new beginning and the first step of becoming Batman. Now Selina with her blue dress also indicate a new beginning but this time one without Batman.

Both of them are drugs for Wayne too.

So... Selina is only Bruce's hallucination?

kvz5 is offline  
Old 08-22-2012, 12:09 AM   #131
craigdbfan
El Psy Congroo
SHH! Global Moderator
 
craigdbfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Interstellar
Posts: 28,603
Default Re: Anne Hathaway as Selina Kyle/Catwoman XXXIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvz5 View Post
So... Selina is only Bruce's hallucination?
http://inception.davepedu.com/

__________________
Quote:
For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arata 新 View Post
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Monica Bellucci for Hippolyta in SvB
craigdbfan is offline  
Old 08-22-2012, 12:15 AM   #132
elgato
There's a storm coming.
 
elgato's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 2,532
Default Re: Anne Hathaway as Selina Kyle/Catwoman XXXIII

Mugler inspired

__________________
I Believe in Anne Hathaway as Selina Kyle/Catwoman

elgato is offline  
Old 08-22-2012, 12:24 AM   #133
#1nolanfan
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 116
Default Re: Anne Hathaway as Selina Kyle/Catwoman XXXIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatLobsterRises View Post
Another thing I enjoyed about Selina and Bruce in this film was how their arcs kind of mirrored one another's for a bit, as Bruce gets thrown in the prison right as Selina is getting thrown into Blackgate prison. And in a larger sense, Selina gets imprisoned in Bane's Gotham
Great point. And I have a feeling they both thought of each other a lot because Bruce seemed to know that she regretted double crossing him especially when she found out it was him, and Selina felt guilty and realized how wrong she was about Bruce. They haven't seen each other in about five months, but she's the first person he sees when he returns to Gotham, and she knows it's him just by hearing his voice, but she isn't sure it's real at first. That's why I think by the time he returned to Gotham, they really starting falling for each other especially her, and it was more than attraction. I never got the sense or feeling that Bruce was in love with Miranda. Attracted to her? Yeah sure, I'm sure she was attracted to him as well, but finishing her daddy's plans was her main goal. He trusted her, and wanted her to be safe. I'm not exactly saying Bruce and Selina had fallen in love quite yet especially since that's something both of them don't feel very often, just that they developed some really strong feelings for each other, and by the cafe scene they had developed a serious relationship and had fallen in love.

#1nolanfan is offline  
Old 08-22-2012, 12:41 AM   #134
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized
 
BatLobsterRises's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: NJ
Posts: 7,265
Default Re: Anne Hathaway as Selina Kyle/Catwoman XXXIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by #1nolanfan View Post
Great point. And I have a feeling they both thought of each other a lot because Bruce seemed to know that she regretted double crossing him especially when she found out it was him, and Selina felt guilty and realized how wrong she was about Bruce. They haven't seen each other in about five months, but she's the first person he sees when he returns to Gotham, and she knows it's him just by hearing his voice, but she isn't sure it's real at first. That's why I think by the time he returned to Gotham, they really starting falling for each other especially her, and it was more than attraction. I never got the sense or feeling that Bruce was in love with Miranda. Attracted to her? Yeah sure, I'm sure she was attracted to him as well, but finishing her daddy's plans was her main goal. He trusted her, and wanted her to be safe. I'm not exactly saying Bruce and Selina had fallen in love quite yet especially since that's something both of them don't feel very often, just that they developed some really strong feelings for each other, and by the cafe scene they had developed a serious relationship and had fallen in love.
Yeah. I like to think that the time apart did them wonders. When they reunite after five months, you just know that Selina is so relieved to see him alive.

I think the look on Bruce's face after Selina plants one on him at the ball and leaves says a lot about his feelings for her. It's the only time in the trilogy where Bruce actually seems to be smitten with a woman. I imagine it's the first time he's ever let himself feel anything for a woman besides Rachel.

__________________
IMAGINE THE FIRE
My TDKR Metal cover
My MOS Trailer 3 score recreation
My take on why there is no "DC Films" Division at WB:
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=158
BatLobsterRises is offline  
Old 08-22-2012, 12:55 AM   #135
#1nolanfan
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 116
Default Re: Anne Hathaway as Selina Kyle/Catwoman XXXIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatLobsterRises View Post
Yeah. I like to think that the time apart did them wonders. When they reunite after five months, you just know that Selina is so relieved to see him alive.

I think the look on Bruce's face after Selina plants one on him at the ball and leaves says a lot about his feelings for her. It's the only time in the trilogy where Bruce actually seems to be smitten with a woman. I imagine it's the first time he's ever let himself feel anything for a woman besides Rachel.
Agree! I mean she makes him laugh and he's having a blast pissing her off . I like to think she started feeling something at that point, like maybe that kissed messed with her a bit or she enjoyed it more than just getting his car keys, but probably doesn't realize it because she still thinks he's just a rich snob. Her opinion on him seemed to gradually change when he comes to her apartment because she acts a little different around him, and she's probably feels a bit guilty because she got his finger prints, but didn't get what she was suppose to. Plus neither one of them brings up the kiss. Maybe because they enjoyed it and don't want to admit it? Lol. Anyway those are just my thoughts. It definitely became strong when he comes back to Gotham.


Last edited by #1nolanfan; 08-22-2012 at 12:58 AM.
#1nolanfan is offline  
Old 08-22-2012, 03:10 AM   #136
AnneFan
Hathaway #1
 
AnneFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 14,946
Default Re: Anne Hathaway as Selina Kyle/Catwoman XXXIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelloThere View Post


I love this whole scene, they way Anne goes from filtring at the beginning to almost "cry" when she said "come with me, save yourself" her eyes, her voice... <3, and then her voice and facial expressions turns to kind of upset with the line of "You don´t owe...." a brilliant performance, she totally deserves recognition.
Yep. What scenes Anne has, she gets the most out of them. Hiding her feelings for the most part. Being confident. Flirty and sassy "I've got it". Being competitive and clever. Trying to reason. Getting a fresh start at the end. It is a magnificent performance. It's fun but also layered. I'm turned on by this headline comment: "Gemma Arterton admits she cowers to big time actresses like Anne Hathaway". That's right, Anne is big time and is only going to get bigger. Stand in awe everyone.

Quote:
All her clothes were designed by me, and made by / in our workshops, including all her underwear which needed to be worn under the cat suit.
Oooh, thanks for sharing those details Lindy. I wonder if we'll ever get a look of those?

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigdbfan View Post
The blue dress is drawing a parallel with the blue flower in Begins. The blue flower was a marker of a new beginning and the first step of becoming Batman. Now Selina with her blue dress also indicate a new beginning but this time one without Batman.
Interesting perspective.

__________________
I dreamed a dream and "it came true."
- Anne Hathaway, actress in a supporting role winner 2013 Oscars.

Rio 2 - Song One - Interstellar - The Intern - The Lifeboat - Get Happy - Alice 2
AnneFan is offline  
Old 08-22-2012, 07:18 AM   #137
Demon Hunter
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Bulgaria
Posts: 231
Default Re: Anne Hathaway as Selina Kyle/Catwoman XXXIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvz5 View Post
Hmmm... Thanks. I gave it a try and read both. I liked the first one. Even if the premise of the story is good, I always lose interest if the grammar is bad but that one was well written. I didn't care for the Superman cross-over part but I liked how Selina and Bruce's relationship was portrayed there as well as how they are characterized. I didn't like the 2nd one.
I'm glad, you liked at least one of the two What didn't you like about the second one?

Demon Hunter is offline  
Old 08-22-2012, 07:29 AM   #138
herolee10
S.W. Mourner
 
herolee10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 16,087
Default Re: Anne Hathaway as Selina Kyle/Catwoman XXXIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatLobsterRises View Post
Which leads me to another question...was that shot of Selina looking all brooding in the back of the cop car from the prologue sizzle reel in the movie? I want to say it wasn't, but I'm not 100% sure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kvz5 View Post
^ I thought it was missing too but I could be wrong.
I believe it was in the final cut as well, right before she was shown walking to her cell.

herolee10 is offline  
Old 08-22-2012, 07:53 AM   #139
AnneFan
Hathaway #1
 
AnneFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 14,946
Default Re: Anne Hathaway as Selina Kyle/Catwoman XXXIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
I believe it was in the final cut as well, right before she was shown walking to her cell.
I'm sure I saw it in there as well.

__________________
I dreamed a dream and "it came true."
- Anne Hathaway, actress in a supporting role winner 2013 Oscars.

Rio 2 - Song One - Interstellar - The Intern - The Lifeboat - Get Happy - Alice 2
AnneFan is offline  
Old 08-22-2012, 09:12 AM   #140
Monicabbm
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 191
Default Re: Anne Hathaway as Selina Kyle/Catwoman XXXIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvz5 View Post
Speaking of the blue dress...


http://clothesonfilm.com/the-dark-kn...hemming/27416/



What's so mysterious about that scene?

Interesting that she described her airport look at woman "going to a funeral". That was what most of us thought before which led us to believe that that scene might've been at the end (after Selina attending Bruce's funeral).

ETA: Just noticed that it was posted already at the previous page! Sorry!
When I saw these pictures of her, I remember thinking that she had gone to the funeral of Bruce, but then she left for the airport to meet him in somewhere else. I did not think he was going to die, thought she knew he was alive.
That was the vibe I got these pictures of her dressed for a funeral.
Ok, this is cliché, but it was what I thought at the time.

Monicabbm is offline  
Old 08-22-2012, 07:35 PM   #141
lostzilla
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 230
Default Re: Anne Hathaway as Selina Kyle/Catwoman XXXIII


lostzilla is offline  
Old 08-22-2012, 08:24 PM   #142
AnneFan
Hathaway #1
 
AnneFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 14,946
Default Re: Anne Hathaway as Selina Kyle/Catwoman XXXIII

Enlarged it on the HathCat:


__________________
I dreamed a dream and "it came true."
- Anne Hathaway, actress in a supporting role winner 2013 Oscars.

Rio 2 - Song One - Interstellar - The Intern - The Lifeboat - Get Happy - Alice 2
AnneFan is offline  
Old 08-22-2012, 08:49 PM   #143
JackWhite
Third Man
 
JackWhite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,903
Default Re: Anne Hathaway as Selina Kyle/Catwoman XXXIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostzilla View Post
From the beginning of the stock exchange scene, all the way to Batman saying "so that's what that feels like?" is sheer brilliance.

But that scene on the roof top especially was just plain awesome. Catwoman's confrontation with Daggett, then she gets outnumbered by Bane's men and Batman shows up to help her out; jumping off the ledge like a boss, then they kick some serious butt together. Just loved every scene they had Bruce/Selina or Batman/Catwoman together in.

JackWhite is online now  
Old 08-22-2012, 08:52 PM   #144
AnneFan
Hathaway #1
 
AnneFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 14,946
Default Re: Anne Hathaway as Selina Kyle/Catwoman XXXIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackWhite View Post
From the beginning of the stock exchange scene, all the way to Batman saying "so that's what that feels like?" is sheer brilliance.
Yep, a very good section of the film.

__________________
I dreamed a dream and "it came true."
- Anne Hathaway, actress in a supporting role winner 2013 Oscars.

Rio 2 - Song One - Interstellar - The Intern - The Lifeboat - Get Happy - Alice 2
AnneFan is offline  
Old 08-22-2012, 09:17 PM   #145
Cassandra Cain
C'mon! Let's get NUTS!
 
Cassandra Cain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Blüdhaven
Posts: 1,465
Default Re: Anne Hathaway as Selina Kyle/Catwoman XXXIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostzilla View Post
Sweet new pic! Where's this from?

__________________
Kyle Safe & Lock Co.
We assure you...It's Uncrackable.
Cassandra Cain is offline  
Old 08-22-2012, 09:17 PM   #146
elgato
There's a storm coming.
 
elgato's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 2,532
Default Re: Anne Hathaway as Selina Kyle/Catwoman XXXIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnneFan View Post
Yep, a very good section of the film.
Favorite section from the whole film. From the trilogy, I think that sequence is closest to a comic book read.

__________________
I Believe in Anne Hathaway as Selina Kyle/Catwoman

elgato is offline  
Old 08-22-2012, 09:21 PM   #147
Deserana
2005/2008/2012
 
Deserana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 5,181
Default Re: Anne Hathaway as Selina Kyle/Catwoman XXXIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by elgato View Post
Favorite section from the whole film. From the trilogy, I think that sequence is closest to a comic book read.
My favourite is all from Bane in the Wayne Enterprises boardroom through to when he finishes his blackgate speech. Other than a Wayne prison scene it is when everything just goes worse and worse and worse and pretty much completely compained by Bane's four-beat theme.

__________________
The above is MY OPINION and ONLY my opinion please do not think of it as fact or a statement of fact it is merely what I feel.

Psychic though? That sounds like something out of science-fiction.

We live in a spaceship, dear.

Deserana is offline  
Old 08-22-2012, 09:30 PM   #148
Kane52630
Nightcall User
 
Kane52630's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Skynet
Posts: 68,689
Default Re: Anne Hathaway as Selina Kyle/Catwoman XXXIII


__________________
Design of Chaos

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Kane52630 is offline  
Old 08-22-2012, 09:55 PM   #149
Brother Jack
Confirmed Casual
 
Brother Jack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: The Future
Posts: 6,268
Default Re: Anne Hathaway as Selina Kyle/Catwoman XXXIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by elgato View Post
Favorite section from the whole film. From the trilogy, I think that sequence is closest to a comic book read.
I agree with this. I specifically thought that during Batman and Catwoman's escape from Bane in the bat. Everything about that bit, from the dialogue to the shot of Bane calmly walking toward them even as they fly away felt like it leaped out of your standard comic book page. There's also a Blade Runner feel to that sequence with the flying machine travelling around skyscrapers.

__________________
Fiery the angels fell
Deep thunder rolled about their shores
Burning with the fires of orc
Brother Jack is offline  
Old 08-22-2012, 10:02 PM   #150
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized
 
BatLobsterRises's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: NJ
Posts: 7,265
Default Re: Anne Hathaway as Selina Kyle/Catwoman XXXIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Jack View Post
I agree with this. I specifically thought that during Batman and Catwoman's escape from Bane in the bat. Everything about that bit, from the dialogue to the shot of Bane calmly walking toward them even as they fly away felt like it leaped out of your standard comic book page. There's also a Blade Runner feel to that sequence with the flying machine travelling around skyscrapers.
I love that shot of Bane looking up as the Bat takes off and soaks him with its blue light, and it's so killer how the Bat tilts forward before soaring out into the distance.

As stated many times, the shot of Selina looking out the window is a really nice touch. The first time I saw it, I almost got the feel that this scene was almost Nolan's answer to the classic Superman/Lois flight scene in Donner's Superman. Cause you just know Selina is having some kind of internal monologue there about her feelings for Bats.

__________________
IMAGINE THE FIRE
My TDKR Metal cover
My MOS Trailer 3 score recreation
My take on why there is no "DC Films" Division at WB:
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=158
BatLobsterRises is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:08 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.