The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

View Poll Results: Which Version(s) of Lex Luthor?
Mad Scientist 76 21.41%
Inventor 101 28.45%
Corrupt Businessman 318 89.58%
Fan of Superboy (root of his hatred for Superman) 6 1.69%
Former Friend of Clark Kent in Smallville 49 13.80%
Crook (Donnerverse) 16 4.51%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 355. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2013, 10:44 PM   #626
godisawesome
Side-Kick
 
godisawesome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,386
Default Re: The Official Lex Luthor Casting Thread - Part 6

Cooper's been suggested before as well, and considering his charisma and still strong ability to have a haunted stare, he'd probably be one of the better sympathetic options.

Imagine him playing a grown up version of Rosenbaum's Lex with a little bit more gravitas and you can see why he'd be good.

Plus, chances are huge portions of the female species would flood the theater to see any scene he shares with Cavill.

__________________
“There are no ordinary people. You have never talked to a mere mortal."

-C.S. Lewis
godisawesome is offline  
Old 01-12-2013, 11:02 PM   #627
N7 Joseph Shepard
Human/Kryptonian Hybrid
 
N7 Joseph Shepard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Adrianne Palicki's heavenly bosom
Posts: 3,040
Default Re: The Official Lex Luthor Casting Thread - Part 6

.....still saying Guy Pearce

__________________
Cavill/Heard - Believe In The Shield -Snyder
Affleck
- Batman -
Snyder
Alexander/Arterton- Wonder Woman - Taylor
Bomer - Green Lantern -
Bay
Pine - The Flash -
Del-Toro
Pearce - Lex Luthor
N7 Joseph Shepard is offline  
Old 01-13-2013, 03:06 AM   #628
Jake Cassidy
Side-Kick
 
Jake Cassidy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Australia
Posts: 14,793
Default Re: The Official Lex Luthor Casting Thread - Part 6

edit


Last edited by Jake Cassidy; 01-13-2013 at 03:52 AM.
Jake Cassidy is offline  
Old 01-13-2013, 03:53 AM   #629
\S/JcDc\S/
Panned User
 
\S/JcDc\S/'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,462
Default Re: The Official Lex Luthor Casting Thread - Part 6

I still like the idea of Phoenix for Lex.

__________________
JcDc-- My original join date was: 05-07-2003 --Time flies, and so should Superman!
\S/JcDc\S/ is offline  
Old 01-13-2013, 03:55 AM   #630
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest
 
BH/HHH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Leeds
Posts: 14,844
Default Re: The Official Lex Luthor Casting Thread - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephCAW View Post
.....still saying Guy Pearce
I still think he'd be a good choice

__________________
MAN OF STEEL


THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
BH/HHH is offline  
Old 01-13-2013, 06:46 AM   #631
DIRECTOR
Side-Kick
 
DIRECTOR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Somewhere?
Posts: 8,168
Default Re: The Official Lex Luthor Casting Thread - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephCAW View Post
.....still saying Guy Pearce
He won't be. . He is in Iron Man 3 ... Marvel owns him now.

DIRECTOR is offline  
Old 01-13-2013, 09:59 AM   #632
Rowsdower!
Zoom Zoom Zoom
 
Rowsdower!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Kicking some Flash
Posts: 16,377
Default Re: The Official Lex Luthor Casting Thread - Part 6

Not necessarily; the character he's playing in Iron Man 3 probably will die early on in the movie.

__________________
The Lone Rowsdower
Rowsdower! is offline  
Old 01-13-2013, 10:23 AM   #633
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest
 
BH/HHH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Leeds
Posts: 14,844
Default Re: The Official Lex Luthor Casting Thread - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowsdower! View Post
Not necessarily; the character he's playing in Iron Man 3 probably will die early on in the movie.
Yeah it's not like when Fassbender gets fan casted as Batman and he's already playing Magneto whose a major character in a comic book franchise.

__________________
MAN OF STEEL


THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
BH/HHH is offline  
Old 01-13-2013, 01:51 PM   #634
N7 Joseph Shepard
Human/Kryptonian Hybrid
 
N7 Joseph Shepard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Adrianne Palicki's heavenly bosom
Posts: 3,040
Default Re: The Official Lex Luthor Casting Thread - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIRECTOR View Post
He won't be. . He is in Iron Man 3 ... Marvel owns him now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowsdower! View Post
Not necessarily; the character he's playing in Iron Man 3 probably will die early on in the movie.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
Yeah it's not like when Fassbender gets fan casted as Batman and he's already playing Magneto whose a major character in a comic book franchise.
Exactly, he's not going to have that big a role in Iron Man 3, he's going to be similar to Justin Hammer in Iron Man 2, a known presence in the film, but one that will only be there for one movie, then forgotten about or just mentioned by name after.

Also Ryan Reynolds was still signed to play Deadpool when he did Green Lantern, so it really makes no difference if Pearce is in a Marvel movie.

__________________
Cavill/Heard - Believe In The Shield -Snyder
Affleck
- Batman -
Snyder
Alexander/Arterton- Wonder Woman - Taylor
Bomer - Green Lantern -
Bay
Pine - The Flash -
Del-Toro
Pearce - Lex Luthor
N7 Joseph Shepard is offline  
Old 01-13-2013, 02:03 PM   #635
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest
 
BH/HHH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Leeds
Posts: 14,844
Default Re: The Official Lex Luthor Casting Thread - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephCAW View Post
Exactly, he's not going to have that big a role in Iron Man 3, he's going to be similar to Justin Hammer in Iron Man 2, a known presence in the film, but one that will only be there for one movie, then forgotten about or just mentioned by name after.

Also Ryan Reynolds was still signed to play Deadpool when he did Green Lantern, so it really makes no difference if Pearce is in a Marvel movie.
Exactly

I think there are exceptions but Pearce is definitely not one.

__________________
MAN OF STEEL


THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
BH/HHH is offline  
Old 01-13-2013, 02:23 PM   #636
N7 Joseph Shepard
Human/Kryptonian Hybrid
 
N7 Joseph Shepard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Adrianne Palicki's heavenly bosom
Posts: 3,040
Default Re: The Official Lex Luthor Casting Thread - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
Exactly

I think there are exceptions but Pearce is definitely not one.
yep, like Chris Evans as The Flash, I would love to see that but he's too well known now as Captain America, if he was still only known as The Human Torch, it would have been a maybe, but not anymore :S

__________________
Cavill/Heard - Believe In The Shield -Snyder
Affleck
- Batman -
Snyder
Alexander/Arterton- Wonder Woman - Taylor
Bomer - Green Lantern -
Bay
Pine - The Flash -
Del-Toro
Pearce - Lex Luthor
N7 Joseph Shepard is offline  
Old 01-13-2013, 03:13 PM   #637
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest
 
BH/HHH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Leeds
Posts: 14,844
Default Re: The Official Lex Luthor Casting Thread - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephCAW View Post
yep, like Chris Evans as The Flash, I would love to see that but he's too well known now as Captain America, if he was still only known as The Human Torch, it would have been a maybe, but not anymore :S
He'd have rocked as Flash

__________________
MAN OF STEEL


THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
BH/HHH is offline  
Old 01-13-2013, 03:15 PM   #638
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!
 
I SEE SPIDEY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: In Superman's arms
Posts: 34,358
Default Re: The Official Lex Luthor Casting Thread - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by \S/JcDc\S/ View Post
I still like the idea of Phoenix for Lex.
Agreed but I'm unsure if he'd want to do a Superman movie.

__________________
Come think with us:http://thinkmcflythink.squarespace.com/

...It's Batman and Superman, lets just be honest, I don't know how you get bigger than that--Zack Snyder.
I SEE SPIDEY is offline  
Old 01-13-2013, 03:46 PM   #639
aNarcHy2day
Screw You Mayans!
 
aNarcHy2day's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: India
Posts: 1,219
Default Re: The Official Lex Luthor Casting Thread - Part 6

Why wouldn't anyone wanna do Lex Luthor?

I mean, its necessary his character isn't committing real estate frauds in the movie but is actually a devious, genius, billionaire with a God complex!

Give him that I don't see Phoenix not doing it!

aNarcHy2day is online now  
Old 01-13-2013, 04:02 PM   #640
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!
 
I SEE SPIDEY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: In Superman's arms
Posts: 34,358
Default Re: The Official Lex Luthor Casting Thread - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by aNarcHy2day View Post
Why wouldn't anyone wanna do Lex Luthor?

I mean, its necessary his character isn't committing real estate frauds in the movie but is actually a devious, genius, billionaire with a God complex!

Give him that I don't see Phoenix not doing it!
Maybe Adams can convince him. Don't get me wrong I don't think he would turn down every blockbuster because people love money

__________________
Come think with us:http://thinkmcflythink.squarespace.com/

...It's Batman and Superman, lets just be honest, I don't know how you get bigger than that--Zack Snyder.
I SEE SPIDEY is offline  
Old 01-14-2013, 12:46 PM   #641
TDK elbowstrike
"I'm a man of my word..."
 
TDK elbowstrike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: 18th and Orchard. You'll find Harvey Dent there..
Posts: 510
Default Re: The Official Lex Luthor Casting Thread - Part 6

Jared Harris would make a good middle aged Luthor imo. Even if he is bald for Lex, his naturally red hair would be great for flashbacks. However some may feel hes too old. But he plays one helluva good criminal mastermind.

Also, has Adams signed on for the sequal yet?

TDK elbowstrike is offline  
Old 01-14-2013, 03:06 PM   #642
N7 Joseph Shepard
Human/Kryptonian Hybrid
 
N7 Joseph Shepard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Adrianne Palicki's heavenly bosom
Posts: 3,040
Default Re: The Official Lex Luthor Casting Thread - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDK elbowstrike View Post
Jared Harris would make a good middle aged Luthor imo. Even if he is bald for Lex, his naturally red hair would be great for flashbacks. However some may feel hes too old. But he plays one helluva good criminal mastermind.

Also, has Adams signed on for the sequal yet?
I believe it was said that most of the cast had signed on for multiple appearances, only one that I can actually confirm for that is Henry Cavill (atleast 3 films), but really, it all depends on how well the first one does.........which I'm sure it will make more than enough to warrant a sequel


Jared Harris did play a good Moriarty in Sherlock Holmes.....that is all I'll say about that lol

__________________
Cavill/Heard - Believe In The Shield -Snyder
Affleck
- Batman -
Snyder
Alexander/Arterton- Wonder Woman - Taylor
Bomer - Green Lantern -
Bay
Pine - The Flash -
Del-Toro
Pearce - Lex Luthor
N7 Joseph Shepard is offline  
Old 01-14-2013, 03:42 PM   #643
Rodrigo90
Bat Smiles
 
Rodrigo90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Newcastle, UK
Posts: 20,393
Default Re: The Official Lex Luthor Casting Thread - Part 6

Let's establish Lex's character for this movieverse. Just something to write about, got bored lol

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Ok. He starts from the slums. Lex has watched from his bedroom window as a child the most hopeless and pathetic human beings walking the streets...and looking up at the skies to something hopeful, imagining something far greater lies ahead for him. Vowing not to end up like those on the streets...Vowing not to end up like his abusive father and weak mother....those who did not care for - and those who would shatter his dreams of a better future. They remained a constant reminder to him, as his hate and disgust grew through the years while watching them all.
Lex, unwilling to associate himself with a society around him he deeply loathed, kept himself to himself...becoming a recluse. Unable to find and unwilling to make friends with the teens who had no desire in bettering themselves to leave the slums, the fools who had no piece of mind like his, Lex shunned their company and busied himself learning and researching. No interest in friendship, no desire for love, no concern for others...Lex spent most of his teen years working hard to escape the **** that surrounded him. For he would rather die than be a slave to the ills of society that smothered each and every one within it.
Eventually graduating from school with the highest marks for computer and sciences possible, Lex was immediately found with a problem...it takes money to make it in this world, and he had none - nor his useless parents.
Looking at that sky, and looking back down at the slums...taking the words of wise men of business, those who have made it in the world, Lex was to make sure nothing stopped him from obtaining his dreams, to do everything he could for them...And he knew what it was that could potentially stop him...a conscience. Because the only way he could obtain the money to obtain his dream, required him to completely wipe away the notion of a conscience. Why would he feel guilty for doing it to people who had no love for him? Why would he feel guilty to doing it the lowest forms of human being, which he depised? He had no reason to pull back...he had no good reason not to kill his parents...they hated him for existing and the feeling was mutual.
So taking out an insurance policy on his parents, taking up several low earning jobs around town, Lex paid his way for the next few years, til he could finally get his hands on that money.
Time passed and the money was good and waiting...Lex decided to treat his parents with a night out...loaning them the money and for once he thought, they actually seemed grateful with him...was it love he felt? Or was it just the fact that they were given money to enjoy themselves and the 'deceitful feeling' of love was simply because of that? Lex didn't care, it was too late for any of them to feel love...
Lex headed inside and went to his bedroom. Silently watching from his window, Lex saw his parents car pull away...seconds later, the sound of a terrible crash was heard down the street, flames consuming his parents car...Lex stood frozen...was he feeling guilt? Guilty for sabotaging the car earlier? No...Good, he thought...not weak. Peeling his eyes from the chaos, they were drew to that sky...the horizon was so full of promise and hope...He smiled, as a single and mysterious tear rolled down his cheek...the last and most honest tear he would ever shed.
As the years passed, Lex became one of the highest and most respected student at MIT. It was here Lex pretended to care about his surroundings. Why was it that he hated everything around him more than that of the slums? Life was better for him, he finally had gotten what he wanted...or so he thought. He found it hard to make friends with people who were actually like him...he hated, but respected them. He didn't know why exactly....but soon realized it was because he was jealous of them. He was jealous of them for being like him...he was jealous when they were praised and he wasn't...even when there was nothing for him to be praised for. He was better...he knew it.
Lex hated them for pretending to be things for which they were not...he knew that was the code however...he was good at lying through his teeth. He had enough practice, what with the police coming to interview him after his parents 'accident'.
He didn't like lying, but respected how it helpful it was. To be honest, he didn't know at times what was the truth and what was the lie. The lie became his truth, as far as others were concerned....and only til he was faced with what he had said, did he remember if it was truth or not...that was his skill, that's how slippery he was and nobody could see it.
His first real relationship...Lex wouldn't say it was his first 'love'...he didn't love her. He wanted her, because he could see how much the others wanted her. It was a case of beauty over brains with this girl, he often looked at her and thought of who she must have slept with in order to get here? Lex had to brush up his skills on how to entice winterest in sex...but it felt good to him...not in the way the others described their sordid detailsomen...but he thought she was only with him so quickly because of his popularity. Still, he made the others jealous..that was the goal in this game. There would be cold nights of the two lying in bed...her complaining of Lex being too rough...of being a different man...But, honestly, he had no real interest in sex...but it felt good to him...not in the way the others described their sordid details, which made him feel nothing but disgust. It made him feel in control over her...that she was relying him to make her feel good...he was in full control over her,
physically and mentally...also he knew, he liked to hurt her, and she couldn't do anything to stop him from doing that. The relationship ended after only 2 months...he didn’t care.
 
The professors at MIT were impressed and inspired by Lex as the years passed...Every course he took, he passed with flying colors - Computational and Systems Biology, Mechanical Engineering
, Biological Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Earth, Atmospheric and Planetary Sciences, Business and Management. With AeroAstro, did Lex manage to pull the attention of some high power...Not long, he was working as a scientist for NASA. His skills as an enigneer and his wild theories on Astrobiology were met with great respect and but raised some difficult questions. Lex believed that more should be done to explore the Universe, which could and would benefit mankind...and adding his personal speech that when he was a boy, he would look to the skies for hope.
 
Believing his own words and hype, Lex became something of the entrepreneur. Proposing his ideas to several potential investors into his brand new NASA project, to fund the greatest voyage to space...to explore the possibilities of what we could learn and gain. Many were not enthusiastic about Lex’s dream, believing there was nothing out there that could benefit them.
So...with no other choice, Lex decided to start his own comapny. With his contacts, he resorted to starting up a company that could use all his skills, to help the Military and the general public...is this what people wanted to see from him...not his crackpot theories of Alien matter. But this only infuriated Lex inside...made him even more bitter. How dare they accuse his dreams of being insane...
 
Starting small, his company grew and grew...by age 40, Lex was CEO of Luthorcorp...A conglomerate which manufactured on the largest scale of technology and sciences to benefit mankind...but unknown to the public, unknown to anyone except a few...Lex had something hidden away...the very thing people would not invest in...his dreams of exploring the outer boundaries of exsistence. As money went into his secret - unethical projects, something else had caught his attention...something that they laughed at him about...the arrival of an Alien...could he be the answer Lex had been searching for? Could he be the one to bring him to that ultimate power which he desired?

__________________
"Any bird can build a nest, but it isn't everyone that can lay an egg "
Stan Laurel
Rodrigo90 is online now  
Old 01-14-2013, 09:18 PM   #644
Enriquespy
Side-Kick
 
Enriquespy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Queretaro
Posts: 2,423
Default Re: The Official Lex Luthor Casting Thread - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
Cooper's been suggested before as well, and considering his charisma and still strong ability to have a haunted stare, he'd probably be one of the better sympathetic options.

Imagine him playing a grown up version of Rosenbaum's Lex with a little bit more gravitas and you can see why he'd be good.

Plus, chances are huge portions of the female species would flood the theater to see any scene he shares with Cavill.
This.

__________________

"Evening, Commmmmmmmmmmmmmmissionerrrrrrrr"

Enriquespy is offline  
Old 01-14-2013, 10:58 PM   #645
godisawesome
Side-Kick
 
godisawesome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,386
Default Re: The Official Lex Luthor Casting Thread - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodrigo90 View Post
Let's establish Lex's character for this movieverse. Just something to write about, got bored lol

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Ok. He starts from the slums. Lex has watched from his bedroom window as a child the most hopeless and pathetic human beings walking the streets...and looking up at the skies to something hopeful, imagining something far greater lies ahead for him. Vowing not to end up like those on the streets...Vowing not to end up like his abusive father and weak mother....those who did not care for - and those who would shatter his dreams of a better future. They remained a constant reminder to him, as his hate and disgust grew through the years while watching them all.
Lex, unwilling to associate himself with a society around him he deeply loathed, kept himself to himself...becoming a recluse. Unable to find and unwilling to make friends with the teens who had no desire in bettering themselves to leave the slums, the fools who had no piece of mind like his, Lex shunned their company and busied himself learning and researching. No interest in friendship, no desire for love, no concern for others...Lex spent most of his teen years working hard to escape the **** that surrounded him. For he would rather die than be a slave to the ills of society that smothered each and every one within it.
Eventually graduating from school with the highest marks for computer and sciences possible, Lex was immediately found with a problem...it takes money to make it in this world, and he had none - nor his useless parents.
Looking at that sky, and looking back down at the slums...taking the words of wise men of business, those who have made it in the world, Lex was to make sure nothing stopped him from obtaining his dreams, to do everything he could for them...And he knew what it was that could potentially stop him...a conscience. Because the only way he could obtain the money to obtain his dream, required him to completely wipe away the notion of a conscience. Why would he feel guilty for doing it to people who had no love for him? Why would he feel guilty to doing it the lowest forms of human being, which he depised? He had no reason to pull back...he had no good reason not to kill his parents...they hated him for existing and the feeling was mutual.
So taking out an insurance policy on his parents, taking up several low earning jobs around town, Lex paid his way for the next few years, til he could finally get his hands on that money.
Time passed and the money was good and waiting...Lex decided to treat his parents with a night out...loaning them the money and for once he thought, they actually seemed grateful with him...was it love he felt? Or was it just the fact that they were given money to enjoy themselves and the 'deceitful feeling' of love was simply because of that? Lex didn't care, it was too late for any of them to feel love...
Lex headed inside and went to his bedroom. Silently watching from his window, Lex saw his parents car pull away...seconds later, the sound of a terrible crash was heard down the street, flames consuming his parents car...Lex stood frozen...was he feeling guilt? Guilty for sabotaging the car earlier? No...Good, he thought...not weak. Peeling his eyes from the chaos, they were drew to that sky...the horizon was so full of promise and hope...He smiled, as a single and mysterious tear rolled down his cheek...the last and most honest tear he would ever shed.
As the years passed, Lex became one of the highest and most respected student at MIT. It was here Lex pretended to care about his surroundings. Why was it that he hated everything around him more than that of the slums? Life was better for him, he finally had gotten what he wanted...or so he thought. He found it hard to make friends with people who were actually like him...he hated, but respected them. He didn't know why exactly....but soon realized it was because he was jealous of them. He was jealous of them for being like him...he was jealous when they were praised and he wasn't...even when there was nothing for him to be praised for. He was better...he knew it.
Lex hated them for pretending to be things for which they were not...he knew that was the code however...he was good at lying through his teeth. He had enough practice, what with the police coming to interview him after his parents 'accident'.
He didn't like lying, but respected how it helpful it was. To be honest, he didn't know at times what was the truth and what was the lie. The lie became his truth, as far as others were concerned....and only til he was faced with what he had said, did he remember if it was truth or not...that was his skill, that's how slippery he was and nobody could see it.
His first real relationship...Lex wouldn't say it was his first 'love'...he didn't love her. He wanted her, because he could see how much the others wanted her. It was a case of beauty over brains with this girl, he often looked at her and thought of who she must have slept with in order to get here? Lex had to brush up his skills on how to entice winterest in sex...but it felt good to him...not in the way the others described their sordid detailsomen...but he thought she was only with him so quickly because of his popularity. Still, he made the others jealous..that was the goal in this game. There would be cold nights of the two lying in bed...her complaining of Lex being too rough...of being a different man...But, honestly, he had no real interest in sex...but it felt good to him...not in the way the others described their sordid details, which made him feel nothing but disgust. It made him feel in control over her...that she was relying him to make her feel good...he was in full control over her,
physically and mentally...also he knew, he liked to hurt her, and she couldn't do anything to stop him from doing that. The relationship ended after only 2 months...he didn’t care.
 
The professors at MIT were impressed and inspired by Lex as the years passed...Every course he took, he passed with flying colors - Computational and Systems Biology, Mechanical Engineering
, Biological Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Earth, Atmospheric and Planetary Sciences, Business and Management. With AeroAstro, did Lex manage to pull the attention of some high power...Not long, he was working as a scientist for NASA. His skills as an enigneer and his wild theories on Astrobiology were met with great respect and but raised some difficult questions. Lex believed that more should be done to explore the Universe, which could and would benefit mankind...and adding his personal speech that when he was a boy, he would look to the skies for hope.
 
Believing his own words and hype, Lex became something of the entrepreneur. Proposing his ideas to several potential investors into his brand new NASA project, to fund the greatest voyage to space...to explore the possibilities of what we could learn and gain. Many were not enthusiastic about Lex’s dream, believing there was nothing out there that could benefit them.
So...with no other choice, Lex decided to start his own comapny. With his contacts, he resorted to starting up a company that could use all his skills, to help the Military and the general public...is this what people wanted to see from him...not his crackpot theories of Alien matter. But this only infuriated Lex inside...made him even more bitter. How dare they accuse his dreams of being insane...
 
Starting small, his company grew and grew...by age 40, Lex was CEO of Luthorcorp...A conglomerate which manufactured on the largest scale of technology and sciences to benefit mankind...but unknown to the public, unknown to anyone except a few...Lex had something hidden away...the very thing people would not invest in...his dreams of exploring the outer boundaries of exsistence. As money went into his secret - unethical projects, something else had caught his attention...something that they laughed at him about...the arrival of an Alien...could he be the answer Lex had been searching for? Could he be the one to bring him to that ultimate power which he desired?
Okay, I'm game.

Alexander "Lex" Luthor is the son of well-off wannabe-power-broker Lionel Luthor and his wife while the family lived in Metropolis. Lionel, who was an incredibly intelligent and dangerous man, nonetheless was consistently undone by his alcholoism and overconfidence. The parents split under a nasty divorce that saw Lex under a regimented joint custody in which his father continually pushed and manipulated him to become the man Lionel imagined himself as while he was in Metropolis and his mother attempted to encourage the natural development of his scientific mind in Smallville.

The young Luthor had very few friends due to his continually changing context, but did develope a somewhat friendly aquaintance with the three years junior Clark Kent due to both boys' love of the library, with Lex sharing an appreciation for classic literature with Clark and Clark sharing his appreciation for comic-books. As such, Clark was one of the very few people privvy to both Lex's growing genius and his dark relationship with his father.

When Lex turned 16, his mother began a physical decline and began to try and turn Lex from his father's path by limiting his resources. Lex began to turn cold towards his mother, as he was lost in the world of astronomy and she was unknowingly attacking that world. He also began to display the characteristics Lionel desired, resulting in his breaking off his meetings with Clark. Lionel eventually revealed to LEx that he was in fact poisoning his mother, and that if Lex would keep quiet, Lionel would impart him with all his mother's remaining resources upon her death. Lex made the fateful decision to stay quiet, as he was on the verge of combining astronomic observations on radiation with small scale biology to recreat life in a near vacuum.

Upon his mother's death, Lex, who was somewhat horrified at his actions and his mother's slow slide into death, was enraged to discover that not only had his father manipulated his research to act as a carrot for Lex's treachery, but had also made Lex's inheritance dependent on Lionel's approval. Lex quietly and coldly disappeared on a sojourn through Europe. While away, he manipulated the complete downfall of his father, destroying even his own inheritance to leave Lionel with nothing. Lionel would "tragically" commit "suicide" all alone with his son apparently trapped half-way around the world, with no money and no contacts.

Then began the rise of Luthor.

Lex Luthor steps onto the national stage when a supercomputer of his own design forms the small fortune he uses to form the beginnings of the monumental Lex Corp. Lex makes his way back to America under his own power and quickly builds Lex Corp. into one of the world's largest and most successful companies, owning 89% of the stock. Lex continues his journeys around the world, increasing his fortune when he succeeds where the most eligible bachelors of Europe had failed-he marries the mysterious, cunning, and immensly wealthy Contessa Alexandra De Portenza. Mysteriously, the Contessa is declared dead in a terrorist attack shortly after the birth of the couple's only daughter, Lena Luthor, though she in fact remains in a medically enduced coma after Luthor won their contest of wills as a possible organ donor for both his daughter and himself.

Luthor sets his headquarters in Metropolis, where he courts the vivacious Lois Lane for a short time before being resolutley turned down. He can now be found in Metropolis's newest and tallest building, Lex Towers, where he attempts to mold his daughter into his idea of the perfect offspring-one who shows unconditional yet unreciprocated love towrad sher father. He can often be found in the presence of his two mysterious and tall female bodyguards, Hope and Mercy.

Lex is the charismatic and intelligent "Man of Tommorrow" of Metropolis, and none may challenge his reign.

Until now.

__________________
“There are no ordinary people. You have never talked to a mere mortal."

-C.S. Lewis
godisawesome is offline  
Old 01-14-2013, 11:02 PM   #646
Rodrigo90
Bat Smiles
 
Rodrigo90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Newcastle, UK
Posts: 20,393
Default Re: The Official Lex Luthor Casting Thread - Part 6

That's pretty cool. I like the Smallville influence.

__________________
"Any bird can build a nest, but it isn't everyone that can lay an egg "
Stan Laurel
Rodrigo90 is online now  
Old 01-17-2013, 04:36 PM   #647
godisawesome
Side-Kick
 
godisawesome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,386
Default Re: The Official Lex Luthor Casting Thread - Part 6

Well, I really liked Michael Rosenbaum's performance as Lex on Smallville (they gave him about ten minutes of screen time in the finale and that's really the only part that met my expectations.) And since I loved the rapport between Lex and Lois & Clark in S:TAS, I was kind of hoping to set it up so that part of the reason why Lex is so civil to the pair is he's crushing on the woman he can't have and he has absolutely no fear of Clark and even sees him as manipulatible. That, and I wanted to keep the idea in Smallville that the real, bile filled loathing between the enemies is entirely one sided from Lex; Clark may get epically pi$$ed at Lex, but still sees in him the kid he knew from years ago and knows that he could be a huge help to everybody if he turned good.

I also tried to keep the Silver Age genius stuff and the post-Crisis self-made man image. And while the Contessa is all but forgotten now, her character arc still includes my favorite crossover: Sins of Youth. And Lena Luthor was an awesome staple of Lex's world from before he got reformatted to the Silver Age redux of the last few years. It was sick when Luthor traded her away for Brainiac-13's technology, and yet there was still enough hesitation to make it clear he was willingly suppressing his own fatherly feelings to do so. And the bit in Our Worlds' At War where he manages to turn her back to his side after she grows up was awesome!

Really, I just want a Lex on par with Superman in terms of his complexity, and with plenty of little characteristics that can become sub-plots later on (e.g.-Hope and Mercy being actual Amazons who can fight Wonder Woman in a Justice League film, Lex losing his company and the Contessa awakening only to turn out to be just as bad as her husband, Lena being "Brainiaced" and sold out by her father, Lex showing jealousy at Superman becoming Lena's idol and deciding to weaponize that jealousy with his own Project Lionel a.k.a. Superboy with sleeper programming, etc.). Since Superman's past as the Last Son of Krypton usually accounts for a large portion of the mythos, I figure Lex's legacy should as well.

__________________
“There are no ordinary people. You have never talked to a mere mortal."

-C.S. Lewis
godisawesome is offline  
Old 01-17-2013, 04:39 PM   #648
godisawesome
Side-Kick
 
godisawesome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,386
Default Re: The Official Lex Luthor Casting Thread - Part 6

Also, I was reading up on the possibly-still-in-development Green Arrow Super-Max movie where they apparently give Lex a cameo as a drugged up prisoner to keep the genius down. How awesome would it be if Lex shows up in the Superman sequel, gets defeated and sent to the SuperMax, gets released by a back-up plan of his own development, and uses the prison riot featured to help form the Legion of Doom/Secret Society of Supervillains/ Injustice Gang? Seems like the best way to build a continuity between supposedly co-existing films in my opinion.

__________________
“There are no ordinary people. You have never talked to a mere mortal."

-C.S. Lewis
godisawesome is offline  
Old 01-17-2013, 05:22 PM   #649
N7 Joseph Shepard
Human/Kryptonian Hybrid
 
N7 Joseph Shepard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Adrianne Palicki's heavenly bosom
Posts: 3,040
Default Re: The Official Lex Luthor Casting Thread - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
Also, I was reading up on the possibly-still-in-development Green Arrow Super-Max movie where they apparently give Lex a cameo as a drugged up prisoner to keep the genius down. How awesome would it be if Lex shows up in the Superman sequel, gets defeated and sent to the SuperMax, gets released by a back-up plan of his own development, and uses the prison riot featured to help form the Legion of Doom/Secret Society of Supervillains/ Injustice Gang? Seems like the best way to build a continuity between supposedly co-existing films in my opinion.

I hadn't heard of that rumor before, but I do like your idea

Though I wouldn't want lex to be drugged, more like how he was shown in Superman #15

__________________
Cavill/Heard - Believe In The Shield -Snyder
Affleck
- Batman -
Snyder
Alexander/Arterton- Wonder Woman - Taylor
Bomer - Green Lantern -
Bay
Pine - The Flash -
Del-Toro
Pearce - Lex Luthor
N7 Joseph Shepard is offline  
Old 01-17-2013, 05:32 PM   #650
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!
 
hopefuldreamer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: South West, UK
Posts: 11,293
Default Re: The Official Lex Luthor Casting Thread - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodrigo90 View Post
Let's establish Lex's character for this movieverse. Just something to write about, got bored lol

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Ok. He starts from the slums. Lex has watched from his bedroom window as a child the most hopeless and pathetic human beings walking the streets...and looking up at the skies to something hopeful, imagining something far greater lies ahead for him. Vowing not to end up like those on the streets...Vowing not to end up like his abusive father and weak mother....those who did not care for - and those who would shatter his dreams of a better future. They remained a constant reminder to him, as his hate and disgust grew through the years while watching them all.
Lex, unwilling to associate himself with a society around him he deeply loathed, kept himself to himself...becoming a recluse. Unable to find and unwilling to make friends with the teens who had no desire in bettering themselves to leave the slums, the fools who had no piece of mind like his, Lex shunned their company and busied himself learning and researching. No interest in friendship, no desire for love, no concern for others...Lex spent most of his teen years working hard to escape the **** that surrounded him. For he would rather die than be a slave to the ills of society that smothered each and every one within it.
Eventually graduating from school with the highest marks for computer and sciences possible, Lex was immediately found with a problem...it takes money to make it in this world, and he had none - nor his useless parents.
Looking at that sky, and looking back down at the slums...taking the words of wise men of business, those who have made it in the world, Lex was to make sure nothing stopped him from obtaining his dreams, to do everything he could for them...And he knew what it was that could potentially stop him...a conscience. Because the only way he could obtain the money to obtain his dream, required him to completely wipe away the notion of a conscience. Why would he feel guilty for doing it to people who had no love for him? Why would he feel guilty to doing it the lowest forms of human being, which he depised? He had no reason to pull back...he had no good reason not to kill his parents...they hated him for existing and the feeling was mutual.
So taking out an insurance policy on his parents, taking up several low earning jobs around town, Lex paid his way for the next few years, til he could finally get his hands on that money.
Time passed and the money was good and waiting...Lex decided to treat his parents with a night out...loaning them the money and for once he thought, they actually seemed grateful with him...was it love he felt? Or was it just the fact that they were given money to enjoy themselves and the 'deceitful feeling' of love was simply because of that? Lex didn't care, it was too late for any of them to feel love...
Lex headed inside and went to his bedroom. Silently watching from his window, Lex saw his parents car pull away...seconds later, the sound of a terrible crash was heard down the street, flames consuming his parents car...Lex stood frozen...was he feeling guilt? Guilty for sabotaging the car earlier? No...Good, he thought...not weak. Peeling his eyes from the chaos, they were drew to that sky...the horizon was so full of promise and hope...He smiled, as a single and mysterious tear rolled down his cheek...the last and most honest tear he would ever shed.
As the years passed, Lex became one of the highest and most respected student at MIT. It was here Lex pretended to care about his surroundings. Why was it that he hated everything around him more than that of the slums? Life was better for him, he finally had gotten what he wanted...or so he thought. He found it hard to make friends with people who were actually like him...he hated, but respected them. He didn't know why exactly....but soon realized it was because he was jealous of them. He was jealous of them for being like him...he was jealous when they were praised and he wasn't...even when there was nothing for him to be praised for. He was better...he knew it.
Lex hated them for pretending to be things for which they were not...he knew that was the code however...he was good at lying through his teeth. He had enough practice, what with the police coming to interview him after his parents 'accident'.
He didn't like lying, but respected how it helpful it was. To be honest, he didn't know at times what was the truth and what was the lie. The lie became his truth, as far as others were concerned....and only til he was faced with what he had said, did he remember if it was truth or not...that was his skill, that's how slippery he was and nobody could see it.
His first real relationship...Lex wouldn't say it was his first 'love'...he didn't love her. He wanted her, because he could see how much the others wanted her. It was a case of beauty over brains with this girl, he often looked at her and thought of who she must have slept with in order to get here? Lex had to brush up his skills on how to entice winterest in sex...but it felt good to him...not in the way the others described their sordid detailsomen...but he thought she was only with him so quickly because of his popularity. Still, he made the others jealous..that was the goal in this game. There would be cold nights of the two lying in bed...her complaining of Lex being too rough...of being a different man...But, honestly, he had no real interest in sex...but it felt good to him...not in the way the others described their sordid details, which made him feel nothing but disgust. It made him feel in control over her...that she was relying him to make her feel good...he was in full control over her,
physically and mentally...also he knew, he liked to hurt her, and she couldn't do anything to stop him from doing that. The relationship ended after only 2 months...he didn’t care.
 
The professors at MIT were impressed and inspired by Lex as the years passed...Every course he took, he passed with flying colors - Computational and Systems Biology, Mechanical Engineering
, Biological Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Earth, Atmospheric and Planetary Sciences, Business and Management. With AeroAstro, did Lex manage to pull the attention of some high power...Not long, he was working as a scientist for NASA. His skills as an enigneer and his wild theories on Astrobiology were met with great respect and but raised some difficult questions. Lex believed that more should be done to explore the Universe, which could and would benefit mankind...and adding his personal speech that when he was a boy, he would look to the skies for hope.
 
Believing his own words and hype, Lex became something of the entrepreneur. Proposing his ideas to several potential investors into his brand new NASA project, to fund the greatest voyage to space...to explore the possibilities of what we could learn and gain. Many were not enthusiastic about Lex’s dream, believing there was nothing out there that could benefit them.
So...with no other choice, Lex decided to start his own comapny. With his contacts, he resorted to starting up a company that could use all his skills, to help the Military and the general public...is this what people wanted to see from him...not his crackpot theories of Alien matter. But this only infuriated Lex inside...made him even more bitter. How dare they accuse his dreams of being insane...
 
Starting small, his company grew and grew...by age 40, Lex was CEO of Luthorcorp...A conglomerate which manufactured on the largest scale of technology and sciences to benefit mankind...but unknown to the public, unknown to anyone except a few...Lex had something hidden away...the very thing people would not invest in...his dreams of exploring the outer boundaries of exsistence. As money went into his secret - unethical projects, something else had caught his attention...something that they laughed at him about...the arrival of an Alien...could he be the answer Lex had been searching for? Could he be the one to bring him to that ultimate power which he desired?
There is a lot in there that is how I see Lex's backstory too, and I really enjoyed reading that (a lot of the time I just skim through stuff like that, but you actually drew me in )

But honestly, I don't want them to show his backstory that thoroughly.

We have plenty of villains with fleshed out and sympathetic backstories. We may even see that with Zod. I wanna see more villains like The Joker, whose actions NOW are relevant to the hero, and whose backstory can just be alluded too.

In a similar way to how they handled James Bond in Skyfall, it'd be okay to hint at what his childhood was like, but you don't spend entire scenes doing flashbacks.

So you could have a moment like Lex hearing about something happening down in suicide slums and one of his employees casually saying 'Hey, isn't that right by where you grew up' and then him glaring at him in a deadly way that says 'You ever mention where I came from again and i'll kill you' and then have the guy just sort of cower under his silent threat.

And then later you could have a scene where Superman is angrily confronting Lex about what his actions and contributions towards crime are doing to people on a street level, assuming that he's always been rich and just doesn't know what it's like for the people he hurts. And have him reveal to him that he knows plenty about what it's like on the bottom of the ladder, and he just chose to make sure he put all the efforts of his life into making sure he was the one on top.

I guess kind of like the Bruce/Falcone confrontation in BB in the sense that it's about opening the heroes eyes to where this corrupt man is coming from, where his power lies (because I think the suggestion there was that he only had power BECAUSE of his understanding of that kind of life) and why there is no reasoning with them.

I think subtly alluding to the fact that Lex is more than meets the eye, but still allowing him to just be a cold and evil ruthless villain rather than a sympathetic one, is a much better way to go.

__________________
I think back to my father. As a farmer, he had a natural understanding for the Earth. I remember him telling me this world is capable of providing for all its creatures. Even now, with so many more people, there exists enough food for everyone.

"The problem," Pa used to say, "is people. As far back as we go, we've always had problems with sharing. Seems everyone's too busy holding on to what they've got to care how their neighbors are doing."


*\S/T*

Last edited by hopefuldreamer; 01-17-2013 at 06:35 PM.
hopefuldreamer is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:33 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.