The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Games > Misc. and Multiplatform Games

Old 01-12-2013, 01:31 AM   #101
Fans of Reilly
Side-Kick

Default Re: Dragon Age 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upset Spideyfan View Post
I can respect somebody saying that ME2 is not their cup of tea, but anyone that says ME2 is an objectively bad game is a crazy person.
I fully agree with you

Fans of Reilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 01:59 AM   #102
bored
One Sexy Lemur

So, just as a general note, since I only occasionally glance at this thread, do that many people genuinely dislike "Dragon Age 2"? I actually played it before the first game, because a friend kept raving about it and I was curious, and I loved it then. I am definitely aware of the differences having played through "Origins", what with the frequent ambushes by giant, nearly unbeatable bands of killers, and the smaller geographical scope, but I still loved it.

Old 01-12-2013, 02:10 AM   #103
Fans of Reilly
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored View Post
So, just as a general note, since I only occasionally glance at this thread, do that many people genuinely dislike "Dragon Age 2"? I actually played it before the first game, because a friend kept raving about it and I was curious, and I loved it then. I am definitely aware of the differences having played through "Origins", what with the frequent ambushes by giant, nearly unbeatable bands of killers, and the smaller geographical scope, but I still loved it.
Dragon Age 2 Have it defects But I think everyone exaggerates in the hatred

There are worse RPGs like Fable 3 . risen 1 and Risen 2: Dark Waters and Game of Thrones

Fans of Reilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 02:20 AM   #104
Soapy
It's happening again...

I don't exaggerate at all. I ****ing hated it and it's one of the worst games I've ever played.

Soapy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 02:22 AM   #105
Soapy
It's happening again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upset Spideyfan View Post
I can respect somebody saying that ME2 is not their cup of tea, but anyone that says ME2 is an objectively bad game is a crazy person.
It all depends on what you value in games and how much you're willing to put up with.

Soapy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 03:11 AM   #106
Upset Spideyfan
Look on the bright side

Like I said, I'm fine with "I do not personally like this game" but somebody who is trying to tell me that it is actually bad as in a badly made or put together game or hell rushed (which I have actually seen) is not somebody I am going to put much stock in the opinion of.

ME2 is a technically well put together game from top-to-bottom with a high level of production throughout. The level of quality work put into that game is almost tangible, but of course because it requires you to actually place your cursor over your target it is somehow a BETRAYAL and the game is therefore BAD. Its silly histrionics is all it is, something the BSN is very prone towards. Let's not forget these are the same morons who went out of their way to verbally and sexually harass a writer for a passing comment she made several years ago.

Anyway, I could not for the life of me enjoy either of the Witcher games but I'm not so silly as to think that translates into the game being of poor quality as a result which is a fallacy I see committed by vocal posters on BSN all the time (amusingly ME2 routinely still comes strongly ahead in on-site polls that ask posters to rank the series).

: Why?
The Doctor
: Because the front crashes first. Think it through.

Last edited by Upset Spideyfan; 01-12-2013 at 02:08 PM.
Upset Spideyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 03:25 PM   #107
Nathan

Finally finished the last two DLCs for DAO. Now I can at last start on DA2. I wonder if I'll ever get to see my Warden and Morrigan again in a sequel. I also want to know what change is coming. Without spoiling too much, do they hint at anything in DA2, that Morrigan spoke of?

Old 01-12-2013, 04:56 PM   #108
The Infernal
Life's End Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
I'm playing on PS3, I know on PC those bugs could probably be quickly resolved. Here are the quests I can't finish.

1. Oghren the Family Man - After Felsi came to the Keep, all that's left is that I talk to Oghren. I need to get his approval to 76+, and I'm pretty sure I've got him just barely below 80. But nothing happens when I talk to him.
2. Sigrun's Roguish Past - No chance of initiating it, when I do the Law and Order quest in Amaranthine. It's not supposed to interfere. It simply bugs the game and prevents the quest from activating when you enter the city with Sigrun.
3. Velanna's Exile - This apparently randomly activates, either by traveling between the Keep and the city, or the Keep and the woods. Well, I traveled the roads plenty of times but nothing happens. Might not actually be a bug, just a low probability for the quest to activate.
Ah right. If you were on PC then I would have suggested looking for patches or fan patches. I'm on PS3 also and I've come across the Oghren one as well on my first playthrough. I think it has something to do with importing a game from Origins into Awakening and the state of his liking you from the former.

I'd suggest Google'ing those quests to see if there is a workaround. Perhaps the DA wiki will have a solution.

Quote:
Finally finished the last two DLCs for DAO. Now I can at last start on DA2. I wonder if I'll ever get to see my Warden and Morrigan again in a sequel. I also want to know what change is coming. Without spoiling too much, do they hint at anything in DA2, that Morrigan spoke of?
Not that I recall. There's not a lot aside from small cameos that hark back to DAO.

My worst fear: When I die all I see is a sign saying 'level 2'. Which means I have to live all of this all over again. Only on a higher difficulty setting.
The Infernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 05:22 PM   #109
Upset Spideyfan
Look on the bright side

Quote:
Oh DA2.

Its a shame there weren't more DLC's for that game since I think they are actually pretty decent/good; Otherwise I would just tell you to avoid as many sidequests as possible and just do those instead. Ah well.

Anyway, to answer your question: If she was talking about the Mage/Templar civil war as a sort of catalyst event for whatever horrible thing she was running away from then yes.

The synopsis for DA3 sounds like it might be returning to the whole narrative hinted at by the Morrigan/Flemeth storyline. I think I remember them actually teasing at Morrigan returning. More Claudia Black is never a bad thing.

The Doctor

Last edited by Upset Spideyfan; 01-12-2013 at 05:49 PM.
Old 01-12-2013, 09:58 PM   #110
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

How much time do I need for Dragon Age 1 & 2? I started thhe 1st one years ago but I bought about 20 games at the same time when I got it so never had a chunk of time to put aside for it.

Old 01-12-2013, 10:00 PM   #111
Nathan

I'm just starting DA2, but depending on how much of the game you really want to try to complete, I think DAO can take you a good 50-70 hours to complete.

Old 01-12-2013, 10:21 PM   #112
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

Cool. Is that including DLC?

Still have to find a timeslot sometime in 2013 for both of these.

Old 01-12-2013, 10:55 PM   #113
Nathan

Yeah, including DLC. The Awakening Add-on, again depending on how you play, could probably take around 15-18 hours to finish. I always take my time, so I breached the 18 hour mark. The additional DLCs, that take place outside the campaign, can take between 1-2 or 2-3 hours to finish.

Old 01-12-2013, 11:01 PM   #114
zenith16
Side-Kick

wrong place sorry.

Last edited by zenith16; 01-12-2013 at 11:23 PM.
zenith16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 11:33 PM   #115
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

Quote:
Yeah, including DLC. The Awakening Add-on, again depending on how you play, could probably take around 15-18 hours to finish. I always take my time, so I breached the 18 hour mark. The additional DLCs, that take place outside the campaign, can take between 1-2 or 2-3 hours to finish.
Thanks, realistically getting them fully done before DA3 is the target

Old 01-12-2013, 11:43 PM   #116
The Infernal
Life's End Boss

I don't think you have to worry about that. That's a good while off yet, I believe. You could do multiple playthroughs by then.

My worst fear: When I die all I see is a sign saying 'level 2'. Which means I have to live all of this all over again. Only on a higher difficulty setting.
Old 01-22-2013, 09:50 AM   #117
Nathan

Alright, after managing to pull myself away from the Devil May Cry HD Collection, I continued DAII. I clocked in around 26 hours and I'm liking it a lot so far. Just got out of the fade and all I have to say is Merrill... that stupid b**ch! She can be luckily I didn't make her Tranquil.

Old 01-22-2013, 12:56 PM   #118
masterthehero
Superheroine Book Author

Quote:
Alright, after managing to pull myself away from the Devil May Cry HD Collection, I continued DAII. I clocked in around 26 hours and I'm liking it a lot so far. Just got out of the fade and all I have to say is Merrill... that stupid b**ch! She can be luckily I didn't make her Tranquil.
Ha ha, so it begins.

masterthehero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 04:27 PM   #119
The Infernal
Life's End Boss

Quote:
Oh, if you think she's bad you should see her fans. I got caught in a thread on the BSN about her with the Merrill defenders insisting she wasn't stupid and could do no wrong.

Though the companion I just can't stand is Fenris. He was such a one note brooding character.

Last edited by The Infernal; 01-22-2013 at 04:31 PM.
Old 01-22-2013, 04:40 PM   #120
masterthehero
Superheroine Book Author

Yeah Fenris was definitely very bland and got the least playtime in my party. He was just so overzealous, but yet seemed hypocritical at the same time.

Even though I didn't like Varick as much for combat, he made for great company and kept me smiling most of the time. Ah, but Aveline, my love! HOW DARE SHE LEAVE ME FOR DONNIC!

masterthehero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 05:11 PM   #121
Punisher_MAX
Ol' Painless

Varric always made me laugh when he was in my party. I usually always had a healer since I was always a melee DPS. What I did love about DA2 was the option to be a smartass/jester for your responses. Fit perfectly with the Rogue I made.

Old 01-23-2013, 07:06 AM   #122
Nathan

Man, some friends I have. I went back to an old save, to re-do some stuff, because otherwise I wouldn't be able to finish a quest. So eventually got back to the fade, took some other people with me and this time Varric and Aveline betrayed me.

Old 01-23-2013, 07:37 AM   #123
Nathan

Btw, at which point in the storyline should I play Legacy and Mark of the Assassin?

Old 01-23-2013, 08:45 AM   #124
Fading
>:(

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Infernal View Post
Oh, if you think she's bad you should see her fans. I got caught in a thread on the BSN about her with the Merrill defenders insisting she wasn't stupid and could do no wrong.

Though the companion I just can't stand is Fenris. He was such a one note brooding character.
To be honest, I didn't like many of the DA 2 characters. First there was the love interests (since I play a straight male). Aveline was too...manly. Isabela looked and talked like you'd catch an STD just from looking at her. I ended up choosing Merrill purely because she had a funny, slightly better personality than the rest, IMO. Sebastion, and Fenris were dull. While happy at first to see Anders since I played Awakenings, I actually disliked his personality more in 2. He went from humorous to moppy. Varric, and Bethany were the best characters to come out of 2 easily, IMO. I just wish Bethany wasn't your sister, because it would have made the love interest issue a lot easier of a choice for me.

Old 01-23-2013, 09:40 AM   #125
Upset Spideyfan
Look on the bright side

Quote:
Btw, at which point in the storyline should I play Legacy and Mark of the Assassin?
I'd say do them both when you get to Act 3.

The Doctor