Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 04-14-2013, 09:35 PM   #676
moviedoors
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Official Michael Shannon IS General Zod - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
And I guess we now know they animated his armor as opposed to Faora's for the ease of making it look really good in the action sequences while keeping its bulky look.
I'm not convinced the armor we're seeing in these pictures is the armor they're doing motion capture for.

Old 04-14-2013, 09:55 PM   #677
DKDetective
"He'll be a god to them."

Quote:
Originally Posted by moviedoors View Post
I'm not convinced the armor we're seeing in these pictures is the armor they're doing motion capture for.
Just look at the Entertainment Weekly still. It is clear that the armor is CGI based on the way Zod's neck attaches to his body.

Old 04-14-2013, 09:57 PM   #678
Simo
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKDetective View Post
Just look at the Entertainment Weekly still. It is clear that the armor is CGI based on the way Zod's neck attaches to his body.
Yeah he said in the last issue of Total Film that if he had to actually wear the armor the weight of the thing would crush him which is why they're digitally adding it.

Old 04-14-2013, 10:03 PM   #679
DKDetective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simo View Post
Yeah he said in the last issue of Total Film that if he had to actually wear the armor the weight of the thing would crush him which is why they're digitally adding it.
Yeah, I know, but I doubt Moviedoors will accept that argument because he or she seems convinced that there must be a second suit of armor that is CGI and what we have seen is practical. That quote will probably be dismissed as referring to the unseen second set of armour.

Old 04-14-2013, 10:14 PM   #680
moviedoors
Side-Kick

Quote:
Yeah, I know, but I doubt Moviedoors will accept that argument because he or she seems convinced that there must be a second suit of armor that is CGI and what we have seen is practical. That quote will probably be dismissed as referring to the unseen second set of armour.
Jesus, did I kick your cat in a past life or something? If I'm wrong, then I'm wrong, I just wasn't sure that that was the armor that was going to be CG and in the new pic it just looks like a costume. No need to be a **** about it.

Last edited by moviedoors; 04-14-2013 at 10:18 PM.
Old 04-14-2013, 10:35 PM   #681
DKDetective

Quote:
Originally Posted by moviedoors View Post
Jesus, did I kick your cat in a past life or something? If I'm wrong, then I'm wrong, I just wasn't sure that that was the armor that was going to be CG and in the new pic it just looks like a costume. No need to be a **** about it.
I'm sorry but if you don't see the CGI nature of the suit in the shot, how are we supposed to convince you? People have been discussing how the suit looks CGI in that shot all week and you just said that you are "not convinced" and that "it looks just like a costume." You seemed aware that Zod will be wearing a CGI costume at some point in the film, so I don't think it was rude of me to conclude that a quote from Shannon about a CGI costume would convince you that the one we have seen is the costume referred as being CGI if you don't accept the visual evidence.

Old 04-14-2013, 10:45 PM   #682
moviedoors
Side-Kick

Quote:
I'm sorry but if you don't see the CGI nature of the suit in the shot, how are we supposed to convince you? People have been discussing how the suit looks CGI in that shot all week and you just said that you are "not convinced" and that "it looks just like a costume." You seemed aware that Zod will be wearing a CGI costume at some point in the film, so I don't think it was rude of me to conclude that a quote from Shannon about a CGI costume would convince you that the one we have seen is the costume referred as being CGI if you don't accept the visual evidence.
Go back and reread your post. It was ****in' rude.

Old 04-14-2013, 11:38 PM   #683
Doctor Who
KIDNEYS!!!

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

l

THE LEGEND ENDS

JULY 20TH 2012
Old 04-14-2013, 11:47 PM   #684
manofsteel4life
Side-Kick

I didn't hear any accent, but other than that, I felt some sort of fear hearing that message.....like it was really gonna happen...anyone else feel like that or was it just me? Lol

Old 04-15-2013, 01:05 AM   #685
Kevin Smith
Banned User

Shannon was perfect. Man, I can't wait for this movie. Great actor!!

Old 04-15-2013, 01:57 AM   #686
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

He sounded awesome, very calm but you could tell this guy wasn't going taking any ****

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
Old 04-15-2013, 02:40 AM   #687
AnneFan
Hathaway #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
He sounded awesome, very calm but you could tell this guy wasn't going taking any ****
Indeed. He's just saying how it is. Very a matter of fact, this is what I'll do. I liked it.

Rio 2 - Song One - Interstellar - The Intern - The Lifeboat - Get Happy - Alice 2
Old 04-15-2013, 02:47 AM   #688
EtherMagic
Side-Kick

Quote:

Shannon sounded like himself, not scary, not pizzed off, he simple sounded as if he wanted his property back, and thats all. He did a great job at delivering that line... but it is nothing more then wanting back what he feels is his...And thats Kal-El, son of Jor-El and a link back from his Home planet.

"But there is nothing wrong with making a film about him a bit edgier and less corny."
Old 04-15-2013, 02:55 AM   #689
EtherMagic
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simo View Post
Actually, Shannon said this over a year and a half ago in an interview with total films....

http://www.totalfilm.com/news/michae...al-zod-costume

NOVEMBER 1st 2011 INTERVIEW...

Quote:
Perhaps unsurprisingly, the billowing capes and parachute pants of yesteryear have become a thing of the past, with Shannon explaining that today’s costumes are slightly less forgiving. “Everything's skin-tight,” laughs the star. “The flowy costumes don't really... that's not the style nowadays!"

When asked whether he has a full-on Krypton costume, Shannon’s answer was intriguing. “There’s two different modes,” he explains. “There’s something that I have to wear a motion-capture suit for, because if I actually wore it, I wouldn’t be able to move.”

“It’s a very big… thing. I actually don’t know what it’s going to look like, I just know that it’s very cumbersome. There’s another thing that I wear that’s an actual costume. It’s pretty simple. There’s no paisley or anything.”

And as well as donning the mo-cap, Shannon has apparently been doing his homework on the world of which he is now a key element.

“I don’t read the comic book,” he admits, “although when I got the job, they sent me a giant DC Comics book that weighs about a ton. It’s got the whole history of DC in it. It’s fascinating, actually. I looked at it with my daughter. She’s really fascinated by it.”

Man Of Steel opens Stateside on 14 June 2013.

"But there is nothing wrong with making a film about him a bit edgier and less corny."
Old 04-15-2013, 03:42 AM   #690
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

Shannon sounded like a man in charge....

You live, you die, you fight...as brothers
Old 04-15-2013, 03:45 AM   #691
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by EtherMagic View Post
Actually, Shannon said this over a year and a half ago in an interview with total films....

http://www.totalfilm.com/news/michae...al-zod-costume

NOVEMBER 1st 2011 INTERVIEW...
Yeah but he also said recently that it would have weighed a ton if he'd have to have actually worn the armour.

Old 04-15-2013, 03:50 AM   #692
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

Fiberglass....make a good bit of it out of fiberglass. Very lightweight

Old 04-15-2013, 03:52 AM   #693
DKDetective

Quote:
Yeah but he also said recently that it would have weighed a ton if he'd have to have actually worn the armour.
I actually think the two interviews are consistent with each other, the author just chose an awkward spot for a paragraph break. It reads to me like Shannon is describing the CGI in the first quote and the beginning of the second and then starts discussing his black Kryptonian undersuit, which we know he wears.

Old 04-15-2013, 06:25 AM   #694
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

He actually used the words it would crush him. I'm sure it was in last months total film.

Old 04-15-2013, 06:35 AM   #695
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

Not If they built it out of fiberglass

Old 04-15-2013, 06:39 AM   #696
LeXcalibur
Lord Luthor

instead of keeping it static the whole time, they should have either had it go in and out, or they should have let it clear up right at the end of the spot... and show him with the mask on. i was looking at yt vids just a bit a go, and the first 40 seconds of this zod trailer featuring the static is more in line with what i'd like, but just opinion

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 04-15-2013, 07:02 AM   #697
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal-El.9859 View Post
Not If they built it out of fiberglass
Well of course might have looked flimsy though

Old 04-15-2013, 07:11 AM   #698
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

Quote:
Well of course might have looked flimsy though
I have a corvette built out of fiberglass....it doesn't look flimsy or silly. I'm pretty sure part of the iron man suit is fiberglass does that look silly or flimsy??

Old 04-15-2013, 07:14 AM   #699
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

You can tell there's a lot of crazy bubbling under the surface with Zod from that alone.

Old 04-15-2013, 07:19 AM   #700
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

Doesn't Shannon kind of sound like a mash-up of Ghostface and Ledger's Joker? Not that I'm complaining.

Closed Thread